As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo, ho, yo, ho/ a [Chat]ter's life for me

1252627282931»

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I hate stuffing. Sorry. I like just about every other food that is typically eaten on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I don't eat stuffing.

I'll stuff you.

I mean... umm... something that isn't totally gay.

Yeah.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    LUNCH HAIKU INC

Mmm! Subway sandwich!
    Spicy mustard on my meat.
    Don't get fat, Jared.

UNSHUN

Bravo.

RESHUN

Satan. on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    LUNCH HAIKU INC

Mmm! Subway sandwich!
    Spicy mustard on my meat.
    Don't get fat, Jared.

Gooey.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    This is the "later" I was talking about earlier? I'm not impressed.

Though I like what you did with the decoration.

Erm, I'm back.

Welcome back haps, thought you left early for you.

Aldo I believe the Johannen rule says that if you mention trolling another forum and then do it, you get a hefty temp ban.

And you get permajailed.

When you are jailed isn't it like 2 mins between posting or something?
    150 seconds.

Satan. on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, now i'm all hungry. Thanks Gooey.

JPants on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Now I really want subway. :(

Beat'd!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We could all have a Stew... :winky:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I want these damn files to finish copying (2gigs across something like a .5Mb line = LONG TIME) and then my one other problem to fix today to be... well, fixed. Then i can get a Cheese steak sub and go home.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well stew didn't get banned, good for you stew.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    *bows*

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I told you guys Tube is a swell guy, I told you!

James on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    We could all have a Stew... :winky:

Do I need to fend off zombie hordes now?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    James wrote: »

I'm forwarding him this post

you are sooooo fuct

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    His posts in that thread were very nice, I think you made his day Stew. You have done the forum proud, somewhere a forumer is getting a name change and this time not to something horrible.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

it's a trap . net

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    His posts in that thread were very nice, I think you made his day Stew. You have done the forum proud, somewhere a forumer is getting a name change and this time not to something horrible.
    When I first joined, I wanted Tube to pick my name outright.

I mean, come on. Fluffy.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hahaha, my TAship next semester will be at a writing centre on campus, while I work at another writing centre on my own time. Meanwhile I can't tell the TAship one that I work at the other, because they might consider it a violation of my contract, but I need money for rent and food. And I'm taking three full grad seminars. This will be an interesting semester.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    When I first joined, I wanted Tube to pick my name outright.

I mean, come on. Fluffy.

Edgewood's new name is great, but there are some rather unpleasant ones. Like Cable Carrier's new name... Sorry, Cable, I <3 at least 15 of your dicks.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hahaha, my TAship next semester will be at a writing centre on campus, while I work at another writing centre on my own time. Meanwhile I can't tell the TAship one that I work at the other, because they might consider it a violation of my contract, but I need money for rent and food. And I'm taking three full grad seminars. This will be an interesting semester.

I get to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Oh, to be young.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    So my mom called me because she got an error message in Internet Explorer. Turns out it wasn't an error message, it was a pop-up advertisement made to look like an error message. These things are really becoming a nuisance.

There's one that will go into your system messenger service and give you a popup with the ok button that says your computer is suffering a critical system failure, and you must go to (insert spyware site here) to remove it. It's a pain in the ass because you have to disable messenger, which I liked using because my friends and I could talk on it by sending messages and simple commands through the IP prompt. Anyway, if you go to the site it "sells" you some software that disables your messenger service, thereby removing the critical failure, all for the low low price of $79.99

Isn't that exploit 1) old as shit and 2) already patched?

You'd be suprised how many people don't have SP2 or an updater.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The Bob Jones University thread is off to a great start

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My stupid cat gave me a scare on saturday. I came home to find her hiding in the bathroom and puke on our bed, apparently she figured getting into these soap pellets we keep for cleaning the garbage disposal was a wise idea. My fiancee had to hold her down while she wiped the soap off her face.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

you are sooooo fuct

for reals?

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

you are sooooo fuct

for reals?

No, I'm not that mean.
    But I'm sure someone else here is!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Church wrote: »
    I just got a Tarot reading.

The results were ominous.

I love the fact that there's a Tarot card symbolising "Being in control of one's own fate."

Which card did you get? It was the Gullible Foreigner, wasn't it?

My query was simply concerning what kind of person I will be. That's something I worry about a lot. I'm ambitious in all the wrong ways, and I feel that I have a great deal more potential for evil than for good. Not a great combination. Tarot reading spoiler'd for huge.
    Cover position - Indicates the querent in relationship to the present situation.

Card in the cover position: The Ace of Pentacles. The ill side of wealth, greed, a derelict heart, and ill treatment of others. Jealousy and decay. Abomination of values. The twisting and distorting effects of greed. The narrow, base belief of money being success. This is completely and totally accurate.

Cross position - Represents the positive forces or assets in the querent's favor. If this card should happen to be a negative card, it indicates the nature of an obstacles that is hindering progress.

Card in the cross position: Strength. It represents: courage. The determination to overcome obstacles. Inner strength. Spiritual strength. Consistent effort. Conviction. Having the strength to persevere. Being able to withstand naysayers and judgments of others and not be deterred. Facing one's fears. Being true. Harnessing passions that threaten to overwhelm but may be tamed with compassion and the will to overcome. Faith. Vitality. Ability to endure failures, losses, and disappointment, and yet keep the faith. Tenacity. Energy and intelligence. Work. Activity. Integrity. Focus and discipline. Overcoming. Outlasting competition or conditions. Reason and passion unite to bring strength. Also entirely accurate.

Beneath position - Can be viewed as a message from the "higher self." It can also reflect the querent's potential aspirations.

Card in the beneath position: Six of Cups. It represents: Friendship. Play. Remembering past happiness and childlike innocence. Renewal. Nostalgia. Pleasant company. Reminiscing with old friends. Drawing strength from shared experiences. Being understood and appreciated. Teamwork. Taking pleasure in simple, wholesome activities and surroundings. Seeing the good in life. Hard to say how accurate a card is when it's in the beneath position.

Crown position - Represents past events and influences that color and give rise to the current situation.

Card in the crown position: The Page of Cups. It represents: Neglect. Oppression of talent. This one hit the nail on the head.

Behind position - Represents the preoccupation of the subconscious which filters into waking life, affecting moods and outlook. This is the underlying theme of dreams and the emotional undercurrent in the querent's life.

Card in the behind position: The Horned One. It represents: The destructive, upsetting force in the universe. Panic. Appetite with no conscience. Evil. Violence, perversion, and depravity. Oppression and weakness. Poor choices. Blind jealousy. To be honest, yes, that's me.

Before position - Represents the state of the querent's relationships with others.

Card in the before position: Judgment. It represents: Having misjudged a situation. Remorse and disappointment. I don't want to think about how accurate this one may be.

Self position - Indicates the querent's psychological state and attitudes which can greatly affect the outcome of the matter.

Card in the self position: Two of Wands. It represents: A creative block. Being ill-prepared for the task at hand. Avoiding responsibility. Dread, pessimism, and delays. Yep, that's me.

House position - Represents the querent's environment and unseen forces influencing the situation.

Card in the house position: The Priestess. It represents: A multifaceted, complex woman with multiple talents and a creative, expanding mind. The card may represent avoiding commitment to a relationship. :(

Hopes position - Indicates the hopes and/or fears of the querent.

Card in the hopes position: Three of Pentacles. It represents: A drain of one¹s potential. Being cheated of a reward. Losing interest in a task. This is deadly accurate.

And now it all comes together. The last card, the one in the outcome position. A self-explanatory name.

The King of Cups. A visionary man. A strong, dignified man with a gentle manner who enriches the lives of those around him. An authority. Meaningful accomplishment. Intelligence and influence. Significant artistic abilities. Trust. Ethics. Strength of conviction. Higher principles and higher love. Intuition and foresight. A magnetic, somewhat reclusive, reflective nature.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My dog has now mastered the "sit" command. Next, I will teach him the "sic balls" command.

Hello [chat]. A well-timed death can occasionally bring happiness.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My dog has now mastered the "sit" command. Next, I will teach him the "sic balls" command.

Hello [chat]. A well-timed death can occasionally bring happiness.

Hey baggins, what kind of dog are you teaching to fetch balls? If it's a chihuaha this can only end in hilarity.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    My best friend called me this morning. His sister is addicted to herion and mutual friend of ours' wife is in labor with there first child.

Heavy stuff. Entrances and Exits.

Shinto on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's a spitz/terrier mix. He is my buddy. He also badly needs a bath.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    20001206h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.