As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolverine and Le X-Men

arcatharcath Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Graphic Violence
New from some french animations studio I have never heard of comes.....

wolverine_visuel2.jpg

http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm <---Clicky Clicky.

Click this for a working trailer.
Well I see Emma in the poster, and they kill jean in the first 10 seconds of the trailer.
Yay!
No, really. YAY!

Now get this.....This is supposedly marketed for 6-12 year olds. SIX YEAR OLDS. Look at that trailer and tell me that should be for your six year old. :)

Charles Xavier leaves behind a mangled smoldering wheelchair!! Jean Grey vanishes!! Domino hangs by her knees!! Forge gets tortured!! Rogue goes rogue!! My girl pulls a helicopter through a wall!!

oh...and the foo fighters in the trailer rocks.

"Your sons a mutant. Deal with it."

"Good talk..."

This trailer looks really good. I just hope the final product delivers.

camo_sig.png
arcath on

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This looks OK. The voices!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This.. actually seems ok. I'm kinda excited about it but there are little things that irk me, and I'm not sure what they are yet. I did like the "good talk" :lol: that definitely seems true to the X-men.

valiance on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2008
    It looks pretty promising so far. Establishing an ongoing conflict right up front that's not directly ripped from the comics is a good sign, and it doesn't seem anymore dark than the 90s X-Men cartoon, and that was marketed towards kids of about that age range.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My favorite moment in the 90s version was Morph dying, then Morph coming back all mind-fucked. Not as dark as Batman, but it still sticks out in my mind.

The animation kinda resembles X Men Evolution.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Okay that actually looked good.
    Which scares me because the cover has Cyclops in a trench and the name is
    WOLVERINE
    & his supporting cast

But, well, I guess at least they are being upfront about the show being a Wolverine sploogefest.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    yeah, but come on.

My girl flew a helicopter through a fucking building.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It' looks promising, but I have issues with the VO work. It's seems like the voices, are completely detached from the character who's suppose to be speaking. Maybe it's because I'm so use to the 90's VO, and that Evolution's VO seemed like a good fit.

Spike Spiegal as Wolverine doesn't sit right with me. Space Cowboy =/= Feral killing machine

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Naw, he works for the part. Man, the original voice actor for Wolverine got that shit dead on, though.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    i think that trenchcoat really works with that cyclops outfit, actually. it makes the cowl look like it's not fucking stupid, which is the problem i normally have with it.

edit- maybe it's gambit wearing cyclops' hat?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like Cyclops with the open hair cowl

90s style, if you will

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    fuck yeah man

that's the way he should look. i fucking love that 90s outfit. best 90s costume ever.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cyclops with exposed hair/head = superior. I don't mind the head condom look if it's drawn by certain artists but overall it's pretty dorky.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    I think it looks really promising so far.

I don't mind the WOLVERINE and The X-Men, because it looks like while Wolverine is the star, the rest of the X-Crew are going to have very big parts.

Plus, you can't deny slapping Wolverine on something will help it sell better.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    GaineGaine Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This looks pretty good. Only people not in the trailer that were in the poster are Nightcrawler and Emma. Definitely looking forward to more. I like the running theme of "Hell yeah you guys got the band back together!"

"Well..."

Gaine on
    obamaprime1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    i think this looks awesome and will hopefully be able to wake up in the morning to watch it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    written by the guy who wrote mask of the phantasm BTW

delphinus on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So is this one of the Direct to DvD movie deals?

Also some parts definately made me chuckle.

Like when Angel says the line about the X-men being together, and Beast says "Well...kind of...where working on that" Then give a big smile. Laughed really hard.

Also where was magnetio? It looked like Quicksilver was leading the Brotherhood.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »

Like when Angel says the line about the X-men being together, and Beast says "Well...kind of...where working on that" Then give a big smile. Laughed really hard.

Also where was magnetio? It looked like Quicksilver was leading the Brotherhood.
    Nope, new TV Series.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008

I imagine Magneto will show up later on and then Charles will make a triumphant return

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Blankspace wrote: »

Nope, new TV Series.

ohh even better. A quick look at Wiki says that there is no idea when it will air and I don't see it mention a channel either. I hope it dosen't get thrown on the Kids WB.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well Magneto has a voice actor linked to him, so it's safe to say he will be appearing.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    if you look at the website, this is being released in france from the looks of it.

Hope I am wrong though.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm excited for Domino.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    90's Cyclops is certainly the best costume he's had.
    I like his current one well enough but it could use...something. Maybe he just needs hair.

And does this make Wolverine the HEART of the X-Men? It actually works, he'd be the one most attached to keepign the group together since it is the only family he's ever really known. Where as Scott is pretty much devastated because his father-figure and wife were both killed in front of him and the other X-Men in the trailer all have other lives outside of the big X.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    90's Cyclops is certainly the best costume he's had.
    I like his current one well enough but it could use...something. Maybe he just needs hair.

And does this make Wolverine the HEART of the X-Men? It actually works, he'd be the one most attached to keepign the group together since it is the only family he's ever really known. Where as Scott is pretty much devastated because his father-figure and wife were both killed in front of him and the other X-Men in the trailer all have other lives outside of the big X.

I don't know. I like the new astonishing condom look (right). I don't like the old condom look with the flared gloves and boots(left).
    440px-Cyclops_Head.jpg

But yeah, when I think of Cyke, I think old 90s costume.
    cyclops5.jpg

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man, skin-tight vein-revealing spandex as a protective suit.

Brolo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    arcath wrote: »
    if you look at the website, this is being released in france from the looks of it.

Hope I am wrong though.
    That's just where the company is based.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    arcath wrote: »

Hope I am wrong though.
    That's just where the company is based.

if you look at the website in my OP, it says French TV Distribution @ 26 half-hour episodes.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I read something about this a while back about how it would be aired on MTV or something. However, seeing how the Spiderman show went, I think it might be aired on some other channel in the US.

IMDB has some cast info here.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2008
    So the Foo Figher's are suing Marvel over the trailer for this.

Here's the link.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i love cykes 90's suit but the yellow underwear never did make much sense.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The 90s costume is bad. It was designed by Jim Lee I think. Usually drawn with outlandish statue-esque proportions and the blue stuff looking like body paint. And the pouches. What the hell is the point of those pouches? Storing spare visor lenses and steroid syringes?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey

Hey

Shut it.

That costume was awesome and you know it.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The pouches probably held the contents of a field medic box.
    It isn't like he had Cable level of pouches, these were reasonable.

Accualt on
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Storing spare visor lenses ?

I mean, I haven't read X-men in a while, and I am far from a Cyclops fan, but he'd have to be pretty stupid to NOT walk around with some spares.

Or at least like, those ruby quartz shades he is sometimes shown wearing in other media.

cause how easy must it be to break quartz when you're dealing with powerful, antagonistic mutants or other things that can bend steel and whatnot.

PantheraOnca on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The 90s costume is bad. It was designed by Jim Lee I think. Usually drawn with outlandish statue-esque proportions and the blue stuff looking like body paint. And the pouches. What the hell is the point of those pouches? Storing spare visor lenses and steroid syringes?

hey man, when you're getting dragged into star battles with space pirates and sewer massacres with packs of grim freaks all the time, you need a place to store your dramamine and romance novels.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    David Lucas is an amazing voice actor, but he gets cast too much. He dosen't sound old enough to be Wolverine at all.

august on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    he has played wolverine in alot of different things.

he must be doing something right.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Any alt source for that trailer? I've been waiting for news on this forever, and I didn't get to see it before the foo fighters took it down.

Also, is that new Spider-Man show on the air yet? Is it any good?

The 90s X-Men cartoon is probably my favorite childhood toon, even beating out Batman:TAS by a notch.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    august wrote: »
    David Lucas is an amazing voice actor, but he gets cast too much. He dosen't sound old enough to be Wolverine at all.

David Lucas?
    Fake Ninja Edit: OH! After some googling turns out that's a name Stephen Blum uses.
    Neat.

The Muffin Man on