As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Lets Play) Crysis! (Godhand Update!)

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    Neli wrote: »
    This thread has inspired me to reinstall Crysis. Now to get the Natural mod and patches...

I understand liming, but what does "pinking" do?

Makes it gay. You have to read the quote in your campest voice possible.

Rook on
  • Options
    PacifistPacifist Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm just posting to agree that Man on Fire was an excellent movie. A little too Hollywood with the "OH whoops she's still alive no harm no foul!" but still a great movie.

Pacifist on
    XBL: Pacifist NJ
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    what kind of rig are you running, my sexy medic friend?

I assume this means me

e6750 core 2 duo

2gig ddr2 (or whatever the fastest shit was last quarter last year)

8800 gts 640mb

Pa-g35-ds3 mobo

Rook that was fucking gold. I'm trying hard not to laugh since my gf is sleeping in the next room and will get cranky, and its hard. :^:

guys some things to do on the natural mod setup.cfg...

e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation=40something <- set this back to the 31 default, this will improve fps in wood areas and man you wont notice.

r_UseEdgeAA=2 <---set this to 1. The man is mad for setting it to 2, and this gave me 5 fps while recording.

e_water_ocean_fft=1 < set this to 0. It makes the ocean more calmer but gives a noticeable fps increase.

The lighting isn't touched by these commands btw. All up I got a steady 20fps while recording with everything not labelled as custom on high just with those three commands. And I barely noticed the change after the first few minutes.
    Oh and I had to drop my resolution a tad. :( Stupid recording software.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've always wished there were a way to record on another machine connected to the secondary video out.

Why can't any video cards receive a signal over vga or dvi?

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    Snake72Snake72 Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Crysis is an awesome game, right up there with gta and WoW imo (soz, I'm a blizzard fanboy). Too bad my pc chokes and dies every time I hit a hilltop or too many soldiers...

My current specs are

Nvidia GeForce 6800 128mb
    512mb RAM (There's suposed to be 1g, but it doesn't detect it for some reason >: /)
    2.8 Ghz CPU

Not to mention my PC is crippled from various screw ups and Blue Screens of Death.

EDIT: Btw, how do you execute finishers such as breaking the guys neck?

Snake72 on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    so I've created a village, and put a US army on one side and the korean army on the other. I've given them jeeps and tanks and some of them have the supersuits

hilarity will ensue.

[€dit]: Also, anyone know how to make the giant exosuit vulnerable? It rapes everything I throw at it in the editor, and takes no damage at all

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I just installed crysis

But the game froze on me. It just instantly stopped, became kind of pixelated and remained like that. I had to shut down and restart the computer.

I installed all the patches and the natural mod. Anyone have any idea why I get random freezing like this?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man, I hope someone decides they want some of my shit on Goozex. I don't quite have enough points for Crysis, but I also don't have the money for it.

I guess I'm just boned.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    So I just installed crysis

But the game froze on me. It just instantly stopped, became kind of pixelated and remained like that. I had to shut down and restart the computer.

I installed all the patches and the natural mod. Anyone have any idea why I get random freezing like this?

Since you said the screen gets pixellated, it could be a video card or heat issue. Do you have the newest drivers and decent cooling?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is a great Idea, I salute you as this is quite a feat. I hadn't realised all the differences of playing on Delta. I had just re-installed Crysis then my card died (8800gt 512mb), so I RMA'd and haven't gotten my card back yet.

Dixon on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

[€dit]: Also, anyone know how to make the giant exosuit vulnerable? It rapes everything I throw at it in the editor, and takes no damage at all

There's two versions of the Hunter. One of them is invulnerable, the other isn't. You should be able to tell from the name. It takes a LOT of damage though, at least from conventional stuff (and even singularity weapons and TAC launcher takes quite a few hits).
    Funnily enough, best weapon is probably the Hurricane minigun if you can get into range. At least from the main game, about 2 clips did it for me.

It stays in place though, I think you need to script it somehow in order to get it to move. It won't exactly go chasing people down. Or maybe I just don't know the way to do it. Either way, best thing to do would probably be to put it somewhere in-between both sides.

Also, have you scripted those guys to actually get into and use those jeeps? What about the tanks, are those AI driven or what?

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

There's two versions of the Hunter. One of them is invulnerable, the other isn't. You should be able to tell from the name. It takes a LOT of damage though, at least from conventional stuff (and even singularity weapons and TAC launcher takes quite a few hits).
    Funnily enough, best weapon is probably the Hurricane minigun if you can get into range. At least from the main game, about 2 clips did it for me.

It stays in place though, I think you need to script it somehow in order to get it to move. It won't exactly go chasing people down. Or maybe I just don't know the way to do it. Either way, best thing to do would probably be to put it somewhere in-between both sides.

Also, have you scripted those guys to actually get into and use those jeeps? What about the tanks, are those AI driven or what?

Yeah, you have to use a script to make them enter the vehicles. I haven't figured out how to actually make the assholes drive yet though. At least they're using the guns on the vehicles.

I believe I have to script their routes, or at least plan them out for them so they can move about on my paths so to speak.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is it normal for the Natural mod to put a nasty film-grain-effect thing over my screen? I had to turn it off by setting shaders to medium, which also boosted my FPS up to 45. Also, luring around 20 guys to a road checkpoint that has rocket launchers laying around=funtimes.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i am - that close to reinstalling but I want a night vision mod for the goggles.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is it normal for the Natural mod to put a nasty film-grain-effect thing over my screen? I had to turn it off by setting shaders to medium, which also boosted my FPS up to 45. Also, luring around 20 guys to a road checkpoint that has rocket launchers laying around=funtimes.

Go into the System.cfg file and change:

r_ColorGrading=1

to

r_ColorGrading=0

This gets rid of the film grain effect at night / nightvision.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i am - that close to reinstalling but I want a night vision mod for the goggles.

Add this line to your system.cfg file:

hud_nightVisionConsumption = 0

Unlimited nightvision.

subedii on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You are like a Crysis Pimp, subedii, peddling dark candies to all the innocents.

Keep it up.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    FUCK. Okay. Fine. Okay. I know the NaturalMod turns some stuff off, like motion blur and that weird field of vision blur. is it worth it to keep it off? How would I turn it back on? Have you ever tired to use a barracuda as a condom?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    System.cfg that natural mod installs has pretty decent notes detailing the options and what the defaults were. Motion blur and field of vision are clearly labelled with how to turn them back on.

Add your other options while you are there, just put them in a blank line with the same format as the other lines.

No.

Ow.

What?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sorry, I messed up, doing that doesn't seem to work.

What you NEED to do is go into your "crysis\game\config\" folder and find the difficulty .cfg of your choice:

"diff_easy.cfg"
    "diff_normal.cfg"
    "diff_hard.cfg"
    "diff_bauer.cfg" (Guess what this is a reference to :mrgreen: )

And insert the following two lines in at the bottom:

hud_nightVisionConsumption = 0
    hud_nightVisionRecharge = 999

That should hopefully do it. If not then you'll have to enter DEVMODE (which I'll explain later if it doesn't).

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    you should go test it for me because i am worried about reinstalling and losing interest when the night missions roll in. :(

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    you should go test it for me because i am worried about reinstalling and losing interest when the night missions roll in. :(

I already did. That's how I found out the first one doesn't work. This works for me.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So how do I know that nature mod is... working? I mean, the game is beautiful, but it was always beautiful, and I'm not sure if the mod installed properly

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So how do I know that nature mod is... working? I mean, the game is beautiful, but it was always beautiful, and I'm not sure if the mod installed properly

How recently were you playing the original version? Because the difference between the two in terms of lighting is really drastic. I probably noticed the most around "first light". After that things just kept getting better. Try these, open them up in consecutive tabs so that you can easily compare:

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image003.jpg

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image004.jpg

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image037.jpg

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image038.jpg

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image021.jpg

http://homeweb1.unifr.ch/donzallp/pub/Articles/Crysis%204/images4/Image022.jpg

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I bought the game at launch, but then I stopped playing. Now I reinstalled it with the nature mod right away, so yeah.

I'm also playing it in dx9. Will that limit the mod? I could play it in dx10, but I have performance issues on High settings then.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I bought the game at launch, but then I stopped playing. Now I reinstalled it with the nature mod right away, so yeah.

I'm also playing it in dx9. Will that limit the mod? I could play it in dx10, but I have performance issues on High settings then.

DX9 shouldn't limit the mod.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'd say that's on. If it were off the sun there would actually be visible as an orange ball. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've got a 2.2ghz macbook pro with 2gb of memory and an 8600M GT on Windows XP 32-bit.

Once my 4gb of memory arrives, would I be better off going with DX10 and Vista or sticking with 32-bit XP? Keep in mind, I can't run this game at very high settings.

Also, how does Natural Mod work with less powerful machines running low and medium settings? I'll be checking it out once I can afford the game, but for now I'm just limited to the demo.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    XP definately. Quite frankly, a 8600 M will probably still have problems at even medium settings

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Also, how does Natural Mod work with less powerful machines running low and medium settings? I'll be checking it out once I can afford the game, but for now I'm just limited to the demo.

Natural Mod largely changes the lighting settings, atmospheric fogging and similar effects, which was something being processed anyway by the game engine. There's no real performance hit where games used to be played on "high", however, it moves several of the graphics sliders to "custom" and keeps them fixed there. Whether this actually affects people who used lower-mid settings I couldn't say. Realistically I think that you should be OK. It also speeds up the game somewhat by disabling depth-of-field and motion blur effects by default (you can re-activate these in the .cfg file if you want).

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ok so

the editor is awesome

I'm building a scenario, and it is good times.

GIANT ALIEN RAPEMACHINE APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE, THREATENING A MILITARY DESERT COMPOUND
    alien.jpg

MILITARY FORCES SCRAMBLE TO THE PERIMETER AND SET UP DEFENSES
    Army.jpg

THE VALIANT DEFENDERS KNOW NO FEAR
    eager.jpg
    THE BATTLE IS A GRIM ONE! BEHOLD THE ALIEN WARMACHINE BRINGS OUT THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE; THE DREADED FREEZING RAY
    beamo.jpg
    Rapebeam.jpg

MANY LIVES ARE LOST AS THE CRUEL ALIEN DECIMATES THE FORCE OF THE DEFENDERS WITH ITS OTHERWORLDLY WEAPONS
    theveryend.jpg

HOW WILL THIS END?
    grabbin.jpg
    Flying.jpg

Fighting this thing up close is horrible when you don't have the proper weapons. Also, it seems as if it's only my bullets that are capable of hurting the Hunter. Not even the tanks have any effect. Anyone know how I make it vulnerable to the military as well?

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Natural Mod largely changes the lighting settings, atmospheric fogging and similar effects, which was something being processed anyway by the game engine. There's no real performance hit where games used to be played on "high", however, it moves several of the graphics sliders to "custom" and keeps them fixed there. Whether this actually affects people who used lower-mid settings I couldn't say. Realistically I think that you should be OK. It also speeds up the game somewhat by disabling depth-of-field and motion blur effects by default (you can re-activate these in the .cfg file if you want).

I don't know how much the additional 1gb of memory supported by 32-bit Windows XP will help my machine's performance in Crysis, but I found framerate issues at medium settings. Many of the options were set to low. I can't remember the specific settings, but I don't remember seeing any motion blur effects while I was playing.

I'll definitely look into it once I get the game rolling. I am really interested in hearing opinions as to whether or not it's worth getting a 64-bit version of XP, though. That would open up my processor and allow the game to use my full 4gb of memory, but I'm not sure how helpful that would actually be in the game.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Fighting this thing up close is horrible when you don't have the proper weapons. Also, it seems as if it's only my bullets that are capable of hurting the Hunter. Not even the tanks have any effect. Anyone know how I make it vulnerable to the military as well?

Yeah, the Hunter looks a lot more impressive in daylight where you can see it towering over you properly.

As for the invulnerability, I don't know. From what I understand, your allies should be able to damage it:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=15974&hilight=hunter

This might be useful information on Hunter flowgraphs to get them to move between locations if you're interested:

http://maxedgaming.com/tutorials/AI/How%20to%20make%20a%20hunter%20move/index.html

Fundamentally the hunter doesn't really have it's own movement AI, it'll attack by default but it was never really designed to "hunt people down" and attack them. It was only really built with the massive set pieces in mind, which they script out.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nevermind. I might install my buddy's copy of Vista temporarily just to play around with it for a few minutes, but I'm not going to actually try to use it or spend money on the bastard. XP 64-bit sounds like more of a pain than it's worth, so I'm just going to use what I've got and do what I can.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nevermind. I might install my buddy's copy of Vista temporarily just to play around with it for a few minutes, but I'm not going to actually try to use it or spend money on the bastard. XP 64-bit sounds like more of a pain than it's worth, so I'm just going to use what I've got and do what I can.

You don't need 4 gig of RAM. Really you're probably going to bottleneck on other stuff way before you need it.

I wouldn't bother with XP 64. Just stick to regular XP, that should be fine.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    god dammit. SHOULD I PLAY WITH MOTION BLUR/DEPTH OF FIELD ON OR OFF.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you're having less FPS than you'd like, it's the first thing I'd turn off (and I edited the cfg to have things like sunbeams)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rest of mission 2.

I was considering redoing these, but when I watched them, I couldn't help but laugh at all the mistakes I made and still managed to beat the level.

It's split into three parts.

First up after all that excitement in the town, it's time for a quiet walk by the river.

Part1

Having met some friends, it was time for a break.

A quick smoke with some friends (part 2)

Finally, I show that I'm a complete idiot. Check out 4:02 on this video and watch my reaction.

I am a total idiot. (part 3)

I can't help but laugh every time I watch this one, it's the main reason I kept this runthrough.
    I was trying to switch grenade types and hit the wrong key.

Basically I did these at 1am and couldn't shoot for shit.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    hm

The sandbox2 editor keeps crashing whenever I try to change the time of day. It is incredibly frustrating and makes no sense at all

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg