As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Durrrrrrrrr [chat]

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What's Frank Caliendo going to do when Madden dies?

Quid on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quid wrote: »

Do his impersonation of Madden impersonating De Niro?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    My Reveillark deck makes me feel like such a bitch when I play it. I always feel like people are judging me for net decking, but I swear I didn't. Of course, they don't believe me since it looks so much like a net deck.
    I don't think I'd have an issue with net decking.

Well, it's one thing when (where I used to play) the competition is light and the atmosphere is much more relaxed. Since I've moved, I've been scanning for a nice place to play Friday Night Magic, and the place I went to tonight had 50+ people show up, so net decking is almost a must to stay competitive.

I do still come out on top, though. I didn't spend any money on individual cards except for some commons at 10-for-$1, mostly trading for the required components, whereas people that I played and beat were playing with decks that they sunk real, tangible money into. One guy said he was pissed off that my budget 'lark beat his $400 Red Deck Wins archetype. Which he admitted to net decking.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

John Madden heart attack impersonations.

Should I.

A.) Have a drink

B.) Play AoC

C.) Head to taco bell

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pizza's always an excellent food once it gets past normal restaurant time. Aids in sleeping.

It's about the one food I have trouble denying myself. I just love pizza so much.

It's on its way now... gotta love internet ordering.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »

Do his impersonation of Madden impersonating De Niro?

I like his Clinton impersonation. The rest of his act can go away.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Laos :^:
    Thanks?

:D

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

John Madden heart attack impersonations.

Should I.

A.) Have a drink

B.) Play AoC

C.) Head to taco bell

A then B.

Is AoC worth getting for the one-month trial out of box? I assume it has that like every other MMO ever sold since Everquest.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I do still come out on top, though. I didn't spend any money on individual cards except for some commons at 10-for-$1, mostly trading for the required components, whereas people that I played and beat were playing with decks that they sunk real, tangible money into. One guy said he was pissed off that my budget 'lark beat his $400 Red Deck Wins archetype. Which he admitted to net decking.
    $400? Apparently things have changed in the past few years. I remember when working at WotC I could put together a good deck with just a starter deck and a hundred bucks.

And even without that my goblin army was a force to be contended with.

Quid on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Got the quarter out of my nose.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, I am going to watch some TV and wait for the pizza.

Catch you later guys!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    Well, I am going to watch some TV and wait for the pizza.

Catch you later guys!
    Good eve, fair north prince. Good eve.

Quid on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    $400? Apparently things have changed in the past few years. I remember when working at WotC I could put together a good deck with just a starter deck and a hundred bucks.

Goblin decks are the best decks. The only thing that comes close to goblin-deck levels of enjoyment for me is running a blue deck. It's always fun running blue against my friends and hearing them say "can I do this?" after every move they make because I have soooo many crazy instants and enchantments.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Certain cards are broken as all hell.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »

Goblin decks are the best decks. The only thing that comes close to goblin-deck levels of enjoyment for me is running a blue deck. It's always fun running blue against my friends and hearing them say "can I do this?" after every move they make because I have soooo many crazy instants and enchantments.

U/B Faeries is the new goblins. Goblins can still be really, really mean, though. Seige-gang commander is one such card that's in high demand for the Red Deck Wins archetype.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Certain cards are broken as all hell.

Three of those cards are beyond bullshit. I've never seen anyone around here use them though.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I hated the one guy's blue deck, though I beat him. The one person who was my constant bane was the girl who had an enchantment that let her disable X amount of red spells to include monsters.

I beat her once through sheer numbers but that was it.

Quid on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A and B it is.

AoC is...well I don't know. I can't make an accurate judgment as i'm feeling a bit disappointed because of a lack of interaction but others disagree. So i'm diving into this sumabitch right about now. Night [chat]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Three of those cards are beyond bullshit. I've never seen anyone around here use them though.

Mutavaults really isn't that terrible, I know. It's just really, really nice because of the changeling ability, which makes it ace in faerie decks.

Just curious, but Mutavaults is the one that's not full of shit, right?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tarmogoyf looks like I'd be furious with it.

Though thrilled to add to my goblin horde.

Quid on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, one of you aussies. Why's your country always banning videogames?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seige-gang commander is one such card that's in high demand for the Red Deck Wins archetype.
    Really? I had a few of those to go with the one that got 1/1 for every goblin on a field.

Probably should have saved them.

Quid on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My favorite was the goblin that lets you put another one into play every time it damages your opponent. If I managed to pull that on the first turn, it was almost a guaranteed win.

As much as I love Magic talk, I'm exhausted. Night [chat].

Kilroy on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    The OFLC is run by old people who assume only kids play videogames. The games that get banned usually do because they're deemed to be equivalent to an R rated movie (18+). The highest rating for videogames is MA (15+). They won't add an R rating for videogames that are suitable for adults but not 15 year olds because apparently only kids play videogames.

I think that covers most of it.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2008
    You guys make me want to start up Magic again so bad.

Send me monies for and/or a deck.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

If you come over we can play. I'm totally lonely. I've got beer and a Wii, too.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Mutavaults really isn't that terrible, I know. It's just really, really nice because of the changeling ability, which makes it ace in faerie decks.

Just curious, but Mutavaults is the one that's not full of shit, right?

Mutavaults is just annoying, but the other things are just ridiculous (though I'm still amused at the price of black lotus).

Oh well, off to do some tutoring and microbiology etc. Then it's a night of assembling daemons and swearing at how much I fucking hate superglue with a passion.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My girlfriend Sarah wouldn't play with me often, but she got the hang of it enough and now I really, really miss when she would come to FNM with me.

And root for the other guy.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I would totally come over if I was near where you were :winky:

Aegeri on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    They don't ban them, they just refuse classification. Which one is it this time?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

<3

Clearly are SOs do not appreciate our extensive knowledge and abilities with MtG cards.

Quid on
  • Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You can play for free with Magic Workstation if you're really interested but want to play free.

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hilger wrote: »

You can play for free with Magic Workstation if you're really interested but want to play free.
    I dislike card games that essentially give me near infinite possibilities and no actual cards.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

<3

Clearly are SOs do not appreciate our extensive knowledge and abilities with MtG cards.

Actually, Sarah does. She got to the point where she could beat me regularly with the Christmas Elves v. Goblins pack, but that's because she played the elf deck and that thing was fucking insane.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I hate the elf decks.

Though I loved them in Magic Battlegrounds.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So, messing around with the upscaling settings on my PS3. What should I be doing with noise reduction? It has three different options (block, mosquito, and frame noise reduction) and four settings for all of them: off, 1-3. I'm on a 40-inch LCD, and I don't know what difference these settings make. Where should they be?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The Elves v. Goblins Christmas pack was so incredibly one-sided. The elf deck that came in it actually made a perfect solid deck otherwise, whereas the goblin deck was pretty crappy because it included all of no Goblin Sharpshooters, and a goblin deck without those is just pointless.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The Elves v. Goblins Christmas pack was so incredibly one-sided. The elf deck that came in it actually made a perfect solid deck otherwise, whereas the goblin deck was pretty crappy because it included all of no Goblin Sharpshooters, and a goblin deck without those is just pointless.
    I never had them and I still believe that's why I never won the tournaments.

Though what did I care? I worked at WotC and got to be immersed in that stuff all day while everyone else had to go back to school/work.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What did you do at WotC? And how can you get me a job there?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hahahaha Mitch Hedberg on Home Movies. Best episode ever.

Wonder_Hippie on
This discussion has been closed.