As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hope it's a gun that's less ammo, better far away damage.

WHAT I WANT ANYWAY ROFL

What on
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm surprised I haven't seen this linked yet.
    121488472065.jpg

Bofors 40mm gun - Wikipedia

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    121488472065.jpg

That's just because you don't read the entire thread.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    121488472065.jpg

I think I've seen it posted here 4 or 5 times now.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Well fine then. I didn't see it in the last few pages.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    121488472065.jpg

it has actually been linked multiple times

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Knuckledusters - 150 damage(LOL) but a crit is a critical failure that does one damage.
    Quad-barrel Shotgun - Only shoots once per reload(as long as it takes to reload four shells for other classes), but has MASSIVE spread, so a point-blank shot to a thin class is still only 100ish damage. I didn't think about this much.
    Gamma Gun - Does something or some things, but the main thing is that it mutates the heavy to have three heads, and two need to be destroyed before headshots are counted. Maybe gives him three backs or asses, too, to fuck over spies.

Monsty on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    121488472065.jpg

i guess that would be good for shooting down those pesky bomber airplanes planes. perhaps this is a hint that scout will have wings come their update? :P

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Gamma Gun - Does something or some things, but the main thing is that it mutates the heavy to have three heads, and two need to be destroyed before headshots are counted. Maybe gives him three backs or asses, too, to fuck over spies.
    easily the most thought out option

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Knuckledusters - 150 damage(LOL) but a crit is a critical failure that does one damage.
    Quad-barrel Shotgun - Only shoots once per reload(as long as it takes to reload four shells for other classes), but has MASSIVE spread, so a point-blank shot to a thin class is still only 100ish damage. I didn't think about this much.
    hahaha yes.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd love to see a portable hand cannon that fires explosive ammo but he can only shoot one bullet at a time, having to reload to shoot again

Impersonator on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That IS an interesting problem. What can you give the heavy to make him more effective solo, but not when a medic is latched to him?

My first instinct is to give him some self-regeneration, letting him heal himself, but have it be less than a medic heal, and not stack with a medic heal, but that's too easy.

I'm currently leaning toward a lightweight chaingun, that does less damage, fires instantly (no spin-up), and allows you to move at full speed while using it. The added mobility will allow more damage to be avoided, but because it's a weaker gun, when paired with a medic you're not insanely overpowered; invulnerability would still be better on a normal heavy, though the Kritz might be really fun with it.

Also, a chaingun with weaker damage and an alt-fire leafblower that works for 2-3 seconds of constant push would be great for defending rocket and nade spam.

Houn on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »
    121488472065.jpg

it has actually been linked multiple times

That would be badass, but is it legit or just a well-done fake?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They already have in one of the heavies new weapons:

ZOMBIE HEAVYYYYYYYY!

URGGGGGGGGG

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    That IS an interesting problem. What can you give the heavy to make him more effective solo, but not when a medic is latched to him?

My first instinct is to give him some self-regeneration, letting him heal himself, but have it be less than a medic heal, and not stack with a medic heal, but that's too easy.

I'm currently leaning toward a lightweight chaingun, that does less damage, fires instantly (no spin-up), and allows you to move at full speed while using it. The added mobility will allow more damage to be avoided, but because it's a weaker gun, when paired with a medic you're not insanely overpowered; invulnerability would still be better on a normal heavy, though the Kritz might be really fun with it.

Also, a chaingun with weaker damage and an alt-fire leafblower that works for 2-3 seconds of constant push would be great for defending rocket and nade spam.

Speed is never really an issue, it's more focused on placement. The other ideas, however, I like.

What on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    I want a cannon that shoots scout bats.

Auto-crits against scouts.

How do you like them bonks now!

Echo on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How to make a Heavy absolutely destroy anything he encounters in one easy step:

Remove the spinup time.

Done. Cut the long range damage to nil, even, but that alone will crush souls. Specifically those of Pyros. Encounters between Heavy and bullet sponge are decided by whether the Heavy is already firing or ready to fire, a Heavy on the move is dead. Our movement speed is fine, our health is fine, the lack of regen is cool. The spinup is what gets us killed.

My solution has been to fire as I turn corners, and to jump a lot. Ammo is plentiful, so is death. It's when I try to be fancy and run my tight little arse around the map that I tend to accomplish nothing apart from the occasional ambush. Much like Medics always healing someone, Heavies should always be shooting something, I figure.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some kind of autocannon would be good. Very little spin up time and spread, but sacrifices sheer power for this utility.

Basically I'd like to see more automatic weapons in the game.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Giggles: first stage... uh, shit I'm bad with level names. Dustbowl?

Anyway. I know snipers like to stand in the middle exit, the one down in the "canyon". I walk along the left side and jump down, landing with Sasha already spinning and tear him a new one two seconds after the gate opens. Bet he didn't see that coming. :winky:

Also fun: crit ubersawing two people in a row.

Echo on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i was so pissed when i missed that shovel on you. DAMMIT STEAM FRIENDS, STOP GOING DOWN

tyrannus on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It really sucks how lately the servers start filling up kinda early and then empty out a couple of hours later.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    yeah, I noticed that today was a little bit slow.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Giggles: first stage... uh, shit I'm bad with level names. Dustbowl?

Anyway. I know snipers like to stand in the middle exit, the one down in the "canyon". I walk along the left side and jump down, landing with Sasha already spinning and tear him a new one two seconds after the gate opens. Bet he didn't see that coming. :winky:

Also fun: crit ubersawing two people in a row.

Also fun: backstabbing echo.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It really sucks how lately the servers start filling up kinda early and then empty out a couple of hours later.

I'm blaming all of you for not changing the map to magnetic
    Not really since it would have been empty twice as fast

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I just spent about an hour on TF2 using voice chat to chat and another hour on vent talking to people playing dystopia without realising my microphone wasn't plugged in

Hot damn

Gumpy on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    And while I am mentioning things that suck, the steam servers have been offline three times in two days now.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The heavy soloing thing will be Beetlejuice dust where instead of a shotgun you get a pouch of dust that you can sprinkle on your head to shrink it to the size of a walnut so you don't get popped in the face every time you round a corner.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    So I just spent about an hour on TF2 using voice chat to chat and another hour on vent talking to people playing dystopia without realising my microphone wasn't plugged in

Hot damn

I TOLD YOU THIS

tyrannus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    The heavy soloing thing will be Beetlejuice dust where instead of a shotgun you get a pouch of dust that you can sprinkle on your head to shrink it to the size of a walnut so you don't get popped in the face every time you round a corner.
    Headless Heavy. He'll have a cannon that fires heads.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »

Hot damn

I TOLD YOU THIS

magets can't talk

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »
    121488472065.jpg

i guess that would be good for shooting down those pesky bomber airplanes planes. perhaps this is a hint that scout will have wings come their update? :P

HOLY SHIT, IDEA

it's a slow-firing cannon that crits only when the target is in midair (bye bye soldiers)

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sueve wrote: »
    That Heavy Effect was thought to not fit with the rest of the style of the game, so they took it out. (Useless Trivia)...

and

Can someone that isn't an illegal make a TF2 Screenshot 56k Thread? I just looked through the archives, and all I can find are terrible WoW screenie threads, and they suck. It would be so rad, just post your best pictures, and we can all marvel at them!

http://photobucket.com/TeamFortress2

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bull Charge: a short, fast charge with the head down that does damage/knockback. Can’t change direction or stop the charge. After charging the heavy is dizzy for a sec. Charge has a cooldown.

Interceptor: shotty that does less damage but can blow up stickies, pipepombs, and rockets and has tiny knockback.

Shield Gun: minigun that gives heavy a shield charge bar that replaces alt-fire spinning to make the heavy take 50% less damage when shield is up

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That alice music video posted earlier in this thread is pretty damn trippy and I still listen to it occasionally

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So does anyone else turn on really sugary sweet music when they're playing tf2?

I find it so soothing to have random happy songs in the background while spamming "I AM COMING FOR YOU!" and listening to the gurgling cries of the dying.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    How about...the alt-fire is something of a personal barrier(invuln or super-reduced damage) that drains ammo the same way the flamethrower does, but more like 50/sec. The thing is, he can't shoot when doing it(so you'd use it to try to soak up rockets/stickies. And when everyone's focused on you, start doing it to make them waste their time/ammo and have to switch targets). Plus since he can't shoot, a medic healing him gains nothing. Hell, it could even help him have some more utility versus sentries because he could add a couple seconds of invulnerability to himself on the run in(any more and he'd have no ammo).

Or no sentry-killing by making him immobile when he does it. Hmm...

Although with a medic on him, he would be taking less damage and--FUCK. I don't know! He'd just be alive that much longer.

Wait, I GOT it! Heh. You could either make him unhealable during the barrier or, better yet, make the damage he SHOULD be taking "feedback" into the medic. So you would not do this with a medic on you because he'd die. So if you coordinated, a good medic would stop healing you right as you would barrier up and...I can't win. This idea can't win!!!

Madness. I need a drink.

EDIT:
    Yet I was beaten. Oh, well. Heh.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Basil wrote: »

I find it so soothing to have random happy songs in the background while spamming "I AM COMING FOR YOU!" and listening to the gurgling cries of the dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G_QpxZ-ShA

tyrannus on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Basil wrote: »

Does "Sexual Healing" count?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Those TF2 cards in the TF2 blog the post before the Heavy update questions were great. The Demoman was brought up near Ullapool, awesome.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Bah. My feedback thought would definitely have to go as it would open amazing teamkilling hilarity. Shit.

Monsty on
This discussion has been closed.