Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] - Dark Heresy : Optimus Usurpo

2456710

Posts

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The cleric glances out the corner of one eye at Paba. "If he has been blessed by the Adepts of Holy Terra, I can suffer that he live to do the God-Emperor's work. And should he stray I shall be His hand that strikes him down."

    "The lower levels are less than savory nor safe in this hive city, as I recall," Boaz adds. "Were this librarium to now reside unstably there, It would certainly require warriors of an offworld ferocity to ensure passage."

    hmm.gif
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    The cleric glances out the corner of one eye at Paba. "If he has been blessed by the Adepts of Holy Terra, I can suffer that he live to do the God-Emperor's work. And should he stray I shall be His hand that strikes him down."

    "Surely it wouldn' be yours boyo."

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    "So, you captured us all, took our weapons, and ran us to another part of the world just to take a data-slate to some building? Are you expecting resistance or what?"

    "The section of the hive where the Libri is is in disrepair. The journey may not be easy, but I don't expect there to be gangs with lasguns waiting around around every corner to jump out at you." Helvantos smiles thinly, without humor. "I have, of course, taken into account the possibility that you might encounter some less-than-savory sorts down there. That is why I selected you to assist in this."

    "Your weapons will be returned to you when you are ready to depart."

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "The section of the hive where the Libri is is in disrepair. The journey may not be easy, but I don't expect there to be gangs with lasguns waiting around around every corner to jump out at you." Helvantos smiles thinly, without humor. "I have, of course, taken into account the possibility that you might encounter some less-than-savory sorts down there. That is why I selected you to assist in this."

    "Your weapons will be returned to you when you are ready to depart."

    "Eh, good enough I guess. When did you us to do this?"

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Boaz checks his brass timepiece, pulling it out from a pocket by a thin chain.

    "Unless there is anything else we should know, it may be prudent for us to be escorted off the premises and begin our search. I would suggest finding the original middlehive location of the librarium and investigating downwards."

    hmm.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "The section of the hive where the Libri is is in disrepair. The journey may not be easy, but I don't expect there to be gangs with lasguns waiting around around every corner to jump out at you." Helvantos smiles thinly, without humor. "I have, of course, taken into account the possibility that you might encounter some less-than-savory sorts down there. That is why I selected you to assist in this."

    "Your weapons will be returned to you when you are ready to depart."

    "Eh, good enough I guess. When did you us to do this?"

    "It would be best if you began searching right away," Helvantos says, again smiling mirthlessly. "If there are no more questions, I will have my men escort you outside and return your armaments to you."

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "I have one question: was there any indication as to what caused the collapse of the mid-hive?"

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "It would be best if you began searching right away," Helvantos says, again smiling mirthlessly. "If there are no more questions, I will have my men escort you outside and return your armaments to you."

    "I'll get it done." Parthus holds his hand out to take the data-slate.

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    "I have one question: was there any indication as to what caused the collapse of the mid-hive?"

    "The reports from the investigation determined it to be a collapse caused by a freak tremor, combined with the detonation of natural gas from a ruptured main. The tremor is well-documented," Helvantos pauses for a moment. "I believe there's a tapestry commemorating the event in the far east wing, actually," he adds. "There's no need to worry about another tremor - they only occur every few centuries."

    ((Viswanat currently has the dataslates, and Paba currently has the petty cash.))

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Viswanat begins intently reading the dataslate for the details of the Libri Arcanum, including any possible routes to its former location.

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Viswanat begins intently reading the dataslate for the details of the Libri Arcanum, including any possible routes to its former location.

    The dataslate indicates that the Libri used to be in Sector 20, Level 8, Zone A4.

    The dataslate also indicates that much of the area damaged by the tremor was never repaired, and hence there are no up-to-date maps or information on those areas.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Well, it seems you've run out of questions," Helvantos says. "Don't let me keep you, then." He activates the doors and motions to the guards, who lead you back into the stark corridors, into a lift that takes you down for some time, then through more non-descript halls for a few minutes more, until you come to a loading dock with several lorries lined up, and a myriad of containers strewn about. Near an open vehicle entrance stand a couple guards next to some open boxes, which contain whatever weapons you had on your persons when you were taken into custody. The weapons are all in the same condition they were when they were taken from you. "This is a nice part of town," one of the guards says, eying Paba and Parthus warily. "Don't go around brandishing those at random passer-bys."

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "I am afraid the information on this 'slate is of little use to us. Any normal passage into the Libri would have been destroyed by the same tremor that caused the collapse, so the obvious course of action would be to head to Sector 20 and visually ascertain the current topography ourselves." Turning to face one of the guards, Viswanat queries, "Is there any possibility of transportation to the vicinity of the collapse? I would also like to examine the tapestry of which Lord Helvantos spoke."

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Parthus takes his gear and snorts a laugh. "You'll be lucky if you don't get one in your stomach."

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    "My Lord, is there any possibility of transportation to the vicinity of the collapse? Perhaps I could also examine the tapestry of which you spoke en route to a vehicle?"

    ((I'll just pretend you asked a guard this.))

    "Transport? Public shuttles 'n lifts'll take you most anywhere. I know what tapestry milord was referring to - it's a nice piece, but it don't have a picture of this "Libra Arcanin" or whatever in it."

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Thus we ought depart for the nearest lift and make haste, downward and onward to sector 20 and level 8."

    Boaz Calvarius takes his weaponry out of its crate. He holsters his handguns and slings his carbine under his robes. He rummages through an old leather rucksack and counts up the ammunition. "I have a powerpack for each las weapon that may need it," Boaz says to the rest of the group. He hefts the pack onto his stooped back, and as the last item from the crate he removes his chainsword, clasping the bulky yellow & black machine over his shoulder.
    "This is a nice part of town," one of the guards says, eying Paba and Parthus warily. "Don't go around brandishing those at random passer-bys."

    Boaz interrupts, gesturing his hand among himself and the other agents. "Forget not that the height of the Spire stands upon the strength of the Foundation. Let them see us armed in the God-Emperor's Hate and His weapons; let them know we bear His duties when they will not." He walks away without looking again at the guards.

    hmm.gif
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Les ge' gowin then, da soona we finish dis, da soona I can leave dis place", Paba yells behind him as he grabs his gear and heads out the door.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The loading entrance leads into a small alley open on two ends, both of which lead into busy market streets. The cries of street vendors mingle together, making it difficult to make out what any one of them is saying, and the smell of various perfumes and meats cooking mingle together in ways both strange and enticing.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Viswanat steps into the crowd, quickly blending in with the faces around him. Consulting the dataslate given to him earlier, he quickly ascertains the location of the nearest public transportation terminal. He waves back to his companions. "Please, this way. We will need to secure a vehicle to take us nearer our destination."

    As the group makes their way forward, the Scrivener glances over the various vendors' wares in passing, occasionally pausing a moment to more closely inspect an occasional curio or artefact. He speaks over his shoulder as they continue. "Though I sincerely doubt a public vehicle will take us to the deeper levels of the hive, it should at least get us in the vicinity, close enough for us to hopefully be able to complete the remainder of the journey on foot.

    "My main concern is the state of disrepair in the area-- oh, that is interesting. Excuse me, sir? How much for this? Ah, no, thank you. Most likely hive gangs have taken residence throughout the area. Should fortune favor us, perhaps one of their groups will be amenable to barter or bribe. Native knowledge of the layout of the area should also be very conducive to the completion of our mission."

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ((You might want to pace yourself a little, del - I notice a couple places where I might have made you roll a test.))

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The journey to the closest tram stop is a short one. When your group arrives, the chronometer built into the station's ticket dispenser indicates that the tram will be arriving in about two minutes. A day pass for the tram is 1 throne per person.

    There are two other people waiting for the tram, a middle-aged couple who look to be dressed in the current fashion for formal ware.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The journey to the closest tram stop is a short one. When your group arrives, the chronometer built into the station's ticket dispenser indicates that the tram will be arriving in about two minutes. A day pass for the tram is 1 throne per person.

    There are two other people waiting for the tram, a middle-aged couple who look to be dressed in the current fashion for formal ware.

    Who's the other person?

    Also, Parthus pays the throne and sits down.

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Boaz boards the tram, stands by the doors and waits for the tram to stop near their destination.

    ((A couple is two people, Carnarvon.))

    hmm.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ((I'll assume the fare is paid out of the petty cash given to you guys.))

    There is a map inside the tram, if any of you want to consult it and compare the route with the dataslate's information.

    The couple on-board give a nervous glance at your group, and exchange a few words with each other.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Wha'choo lookin at?" Paba asks the couple with a sneer.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Wha'choo lookin at?" Paba asks the couple with a sneer.

    "Stand down, they're not accustomed to one of your nature."

    hmm.gif
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Viswanat quietly sits in his seat on the tram, studying the dataslate for any other pertinent information.
    Spoiler:

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The man seems to pale visibly from being addressed by the dark-skinned man with purple paint smeared on his face. (The woman's face is already pale, being powdered white.)

    "We were... we were just wondering where you might be headed, dressed, er, dressed like that," she says hesitantly.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Viswanat quietly sits in his seat on the tram, studying the dataslate for any other pertinent information.
    Spoiler:

    The dataslate doesn't seem to have any sort of function to access the planet's infobands.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Business in the mid hive," Boaz states. "It gets rough down there."

    hmm.gif
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not satisfied with the information on the 'slate (or lack thereof), Viswanat examines the map on the tram wall. He compares the map to the one on the 'slate, looking for any hint or clue that might be useful. Drawing a pict recorder from his robes, he also takes a quick snapshot of the tram route map.

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The woman notices Boaz's vestments and seems to relax a little. "Yes, it certainly isn't a place to go without proper... precautions," she says tactfully.

    "What're you going down there for?" the man interjects. Something seems to have peaked his interest.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Not satisfied with the information on the 'slate (or lack thereof), Viswanat examines the map on the tram wall. He compares the map to the one on the 'slate, looking for any hint or clue that might be useful. Drawing a pict recorder from his robes, he also takes a quick snapshot of the tram route map.

    Perception check:
    1d100-10=17

    Viswanat:
    Spoiler:

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The woman notices Boaz's vestments and seems to relax a little. "Yes, it certainly isn't a place to go without proper... precautions," she says tactfully.

    "What're you going down there for?" the man interjects. Something seems to have peaked his interest.

    "On behalf of higher patrons, beyond that I shall not say."

    hmm.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The woman notices Boaz's vestments and seems to relax a little. "Yes, it certainly isn't a place to go without proper... precautions," she says tactfully.

    "What're you going down there for?" the man interjects. Something seems to have peaked his interest.

    "On behalf of higher patrons, beyond that I shall not say."

    "Doing a run for a dustman, are y-" the man is interrupted by a stern look from his lady companion.

    "Please don't pay him any mind, cleric," she says to Boaz. "He's only joking, of course."

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Viswanat taps a few times at the tram map then turns to the couple. "Excuse me, sir, ma'am. We are new to the sector. If it is not an inconvenience, could I perhaps ask about the area around these two stops?"
    Spoiler:

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Viswanat taps a few times at the tram map then turns to the couple. "Excuse me, sir, ma'am. We are new to the sector. If it is not an inconvenience, could I perhaps ask about the area around these two stops?"
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    The expression on the woman's face is clear disapproval. "I'm thankful not to know much about places that far down, but if you were looking for someone who knew about what was going on down there I suppose you could find them there," she says, pointing at the entertainment district.


    There is a chime signaling the tram is coming up on a stop (though it is neither of the ones you saw earlier). "I'm sorry, this is where we get off," she says, forcing a smile as she and her date quickly disembark. Now your group is alone on the tram, and it continues on.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Viswanat nods his thanks to the couple as they disembark then returns to studying the map as he speaks to the group. "It seems we have two options. According to this map, if we disembark here," a finger points to one of the markers on the map, "there is a lift that will take us quite deep into the Hive, and very close to the original location of the Libri Arcanum.

    "There is also a second lift here," again Viswanat gestures to the map, "that is farther from site of the collapse. Unfortunately, it does not descend deep enough; however, it lies nearby an entertainment district that may very well lead us to someone who can guide us to our destination."

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "If we have no up to date maps, then we should get a guide." Parthus remarks. "We should head to the entertainment district. It's sure to have a few bums that can take us."

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Our search should start as close to the original site as possible. The library's location may be lost, but clues may reside in local memory, would we to follow its descent."

    hmm.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.