As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's play a Game] UFO: Extraterrestrials- watch PA'ers die in droves

• Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Personal Log:

*bubble* ... *bubble* ... *smaller bubble*

I'm loving this LP.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Personal Log: XX-XX-XXXX

I think us rookies are being hosed. I mean, that Corporal Food has been walking around rubbing it in our faces about how good he is. Apparently, he's going to be leading the command troops out from now on. Something about how he knows how to push troops to their limits. I don't know if coming back as a regurgitated mess of flesh and being reincarnated out of some strange test-tube qualifies as being pushed to their limits.

What I do know, is that my time to engage in battle is nearing. I've been polishing my rifle everyday, keeping it pristine for when all my VR sniper training comes into contact. However, judging from the amount of clones we've been seeing produced, I have a feeling that the VR training isn't up to par with the current situation. I mean... what sort of intelligent beings simply walk out into the open and get fired on. And how do I have a 100% accuracy rating in the VR training. A couple buddies of mine said the same thing. I overheard the lead IT guys at HQ talking once about the VR saying that it was outdated, but it sure boosted troop confidence. I wonder what that was all about.

Anyway... Peon Dignified Pauper signing out.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    Personal Log
    Carch has been giving me the evil eye ever since that incident with the rectal probulator.
    I'd be worried if I didn't remember the smile he was wearing while Ol' Recty was giving him a workout.

Now he's sleeping behind the grenades. I don't know what he expects to happen to him there, but I hope whoever he gets to help him out with it remembers the rubber gloves.

I feel a bit odd praying for the deaths of everyone else on the team, but how the hell am I going to get my hands on some weaponry if they don't get out the way first?

Begin Log

That rat see317 is spreading the rumour I was smiling during the, dare I call it this, "Probulator Incident". Fact was that, if anything, I was smiling. The revenge I have planned for him is so magnificent, that even through the pain it made me happy to think of what see317 is going to go through. All we need is one captured alien... :lol:

Additional: I shall persevere next to the grenade crates despite having my head severely injured. That damn tankist RogueKnight- needs to learn to drive, and if it wasn't for the fact I was limping for several reasons I would've had a go at him.

End Log

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mission Log, Commander's, Private:

Right. Next mission needs to have RogueKnight, Carch, see317 and the other troublemakers on it. And make sure to send the transport that has "issues". And replace the "return to base" autopilot with the "suicide dive to avoid capture" autopilot...

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Right. Next mission needs to have RogueKnight, Carch, see317 and the other troublemakers on it. And make sure to send the transport that has "issues". And replace the "return to base" autopilot with the "suicide dive to avoid capture" autopilot...

gurgle gurgle (:lol:)

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »

glub gurgle bloop (kill everybody, take the glory for yourself)

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »

glub gurgle bloop (kill everybody, take the glory for yourself)

bloop bloop glub gurgle (I think the commander shouldn't plan in here he thinks we don't hear him.)

gurgle bloop gurgle twitch (Seriously tired of being in this tube but I should be out soon if they mess up as bad as the first two missions, dumbasses.)

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Begin Log

Excellent news! The Commander wants me on a special mission! Apparently we're getting to use Ol' Coughy (The Transport with the engine that keeps stalling) and for some reason we're going into an area of the world marked in the records as "Absurdly Dangerous". Still, the Commander says it'll be fine, and I believe him!

End Log

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Note 2:

We also need to fix the plumbing

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    gloop gloop gurgle gurgle twitch bloop glug (Commander thinks there's ghost around, well the less he knows the better eh?)

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *Peers though a pane of safety glass at the R&D labs where new and exciting weapons and explosives are being developed. The big guy places a hand, almost lovingly, on glass*

"Charlene... Soon. Soon, we will go out and I will show you a good time."

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dear Journal:

This rock is a hulking waste of space. Here we are, the last remnants of humanity, with UFO's the way we came and the way we are going. All one can do, it seems, is to wait.. and pray.

I've never been one for waiting.

There's reports of a new anti-UFO squad starting up. They've already had a few run-ins, and it sounds like they have roughed up a couple countries pretty fucking bad. People are already starting to despise them. Me? Well.. I see them as a source of some entertainment. Something to break up the monotony. Plus, I hear talk of some truly ballsy men that will be our commanders. Something about 食べ物... Wait, that's not right.

Tomorrow, I take my first steps into combat boots. I'm heading down to the recruitment center to sign up. I don't expect to see action anytime soon. But they did mention a perk somewhat similar to immortality, so that has to be worth something, right?

I've been watching the vids, checking out the news... I'm a big guy, which will make me a big target. Hopefully my superiors will see this, and give me some shields to work with. I don't mind going in first. With that said, I do see some nice, pretty toys that I'd love to play with. I like the idea of being a pilot. If that isn't possible, there's always the mechanized divisions. Barring THAT (and much more likely), I have my eye on those massive guns they use for supressive fire. The sound they make is... cathartic, somehow, and reminds me of the old gangster videos I used to watch.

Nothing will make me happier than to be the metaphorical dragon, swooping in on the prey, unstoppable as it razes the landscape. Maybe then there will be some nice splotches of glowing color on this dump of a planet.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

*Has no thoughts yet since is going through the stages of cloning*

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All the other test-tube babies seem to be bitching quite nicely...;)

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *Bangs on the recruitment office window / clone vat glass*

Hey... Who's leg do you have to hump to get a map of the globe around here?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Front": (The square is the main- currently only- base)
    PA63.jpg

"Back":
    PA64.jpg

"Top"
    PA65.jpg

"Bottom"
    PA66.jpg

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Commander! I am unclear as to whether I am on the next mission, Sir!

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Base Camp Log:

Waltzin' Matilda, waltzin' Matilda... BAM You'll come a-waltzin' Matilda with me...

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dear log:

I'm beginning to think I should have just been a regular doctor not a field medic, most of these guys are crazy, I think we have more a chance of getting killed from our friends then the aliens.

End Log

Xtarath on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It takes a special kind of crazy to march out and shoot at aliens who have you both outnumbered and outgunned.

Fortunately we've got exactly that sort of crazy, along with a few other varieties, in abundance.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Personal Log:

I'm polishing my rifle. So when I die my friend can take it and shoot some aliens.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Inzigna wrote: »
    Personal Log:

I'm polishing my rifle. So when I die my friend can take it and shoot some aliens.

I call dibs on the stereo.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ++++Personal Log // Pvt Ben0207 ++++
    +++++Begin Transmission+++++

3 Kills! 3 fucking kills!
    3! Kills! 3 Kills! 3 whole kills! 3 of them!

+++++End Transmission+++++
    ++++End Personal Log++++

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Personal Log:

I call dibs on the stereo.

Dibs on the remote.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll take the TV.

Doomed. DOOMED WE ARE!

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait.... if you're taking the TV and Nocren is taking the remote, what use would either one be.

The mind, it is perplexed.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait.... if you're taking the TV and Nocren is taking the remote, what use would either one be.

I have TVs and Stereos?

I shoot things and things die. Like what I see on TV...

Ohhhhh.

Huh.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

What you have to realise is that the base has functionally become Barter Town.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Personal note to self:

Open a stationary/writing supplies store on-base. I'll make a killing!

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Athenor wrote: »
    Personal note to self:

Open a stationary/writing supplies store on-base. I'll make a killing!

Well, I guess if we capture any more aliens we can eat the meat and render their blood down into ink for you to sell. That was the idea, right?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I heard that their blood is acid that will melt the toughest of metals.

Or is that some other Alien? Hmmm?

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

My balls are made of the toughest of metals.

Oh.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

My balls are made of the toughest of metals.

Oh.

So they're prosthetic balls.

You poor, poor man. D:

Antihippy on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woah. An updated XCOM? o.O

KiTA on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

What you have to realise is that the base has functionally become Barter Town.

A small note is added to the staff bulletin board

I have a box of notepads, all marked "From the desk of Commander Phoenix" if anyone wants, couldn't figure out where to send them. I'll be in the hanger driving the forklift. RK
    gunwarrior wrote: »

Commander! I am unclear as to whether I am on the next mission, Sir!

Well, I think it all depends on the next 24 hours really.

-Carch has broken the interrogation room and takes up valuable storage space in the hanger for his bunk
    -I've destroyed half a science facility, one advanced tank, a box of sniper rifles and injured a Soldier (Sorry Carch) by dropping a priceless custom weapon (Sorry Nocren) on his head, and possibly given away all of the Commander's personal notepads (Will barter for useful stuff).
    -see317 has caused Carch some *cough* discomfort in the interrogation room and is currently planning ways to expediate the death of his squad.

3 is a strange number for a squad, so if you annoy the commander in the next day or so I think you too could join the suicide squad. (If we survive though, we will be the ultimate A-Team :P) I suggest substituting a plasma weapon in the research department with a water pistol and see how long it takes the Science team to notice (Bonus - Free Plasma Pistol! - Nocren will pay a fortune for that!)

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    3 is a strange number for a squad, so if you annoy the commander in the next day or so I think you too could join the suicide squad. (If we survive though, we will be the ultimate A-Team :P) I suggest substituting a plasma weapon in the research department with a water pistol and see how long it takes the Science team to notice (Bonus - Free Plasma Pistol! - Nocren will pay a fortune for that!)
    Hey, water pistols worked well enough in Signs.
    These are the same kind of aliens, right?

And it should be noted, I didn't actually start the probulator when Carch was trying to sleep. I just mentioned that idea out loud in the cafetorium. It could have been anyone, really.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    Hey, water pistols worked well enough in Signs.
    These are the same kind of aliens, right?

And it should be noted, I didn't actually start the probulator when Carch was trying to sleep. I just mentioned that idea out loud in the cafetorium. It could have been anyone, really.

I repeat, we are now in Barter Town. Just be glad we aren't both forced into a giant dome to fight to our deaths.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    bubble gurgle (at least you people can do stuff.)

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I suggest substituting a plasma weapon in the research department with a water pistol and see how long it takes the Science team to notice (Bonus - Free Plasma Pistol! - Nocren will pay a fortune for that!)

Oh sure, it's the equivalent of a handheld nuke, BUT I'M TRYING TO COMPENSATE HERE!!!!

Wait..... I mean.... fuck it. Yeah, I want a big gun.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And you'll GET a big gun.Hopefully tommorow; I tried tonight but the laptop is acting funky and needs to be debugged (yes, Virginia, Intel mobile chips such so much they even have issues with TBS games)

Phoenix-D on