As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    The coolest thing is all the people who aren't playing right now and don't know about this who will come back to an empty TSM. SO AWESOME! They should just merge servers.

Even better than that, when Morsk used the transferguild command it disbands TSM on Ulthuan. So all those people will come back to find themselves unguilded.

Last Son on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    The coolest thing is all the people who aren't playing right now and don't know about this who will come back to an empty TSM. SO AWESOME! They should just merge servers.

Even better than that, when Morsk used the transferguild command it disbands TSM on Ulthuan. So all those people will come back to find themselves unguilded.

I find something appealing about the inevitable chaos.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, so of the 7 characters I transferred, all of their names were already taken on Red Eye Mountain.

Grock, Groda, Aphonic, Skurm, Aemaeth, Sylpheed, Greckin were all already taken :/

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Unexpected bonus! Due to the order in which I transfered my characters my Blorc ended up in the back row of the Char select screen.

He will block the view of my zealot no more!

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Outside of name issues, this has been pretty awesome so far.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah IU transfered my order character from tower of doom to monolith and I LOVE the near insta-pops of scenarios.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hey Mouths check out the standard thread on the guild board.

We're going to redo the heraldry.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How long are transfers available?

Do I have to transfer my dude this second?

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Beck wrote: »
    How long are transfers available?

Do I have to transfer my dude this second?

I wouldn't wait around too long, just in case.

captaink on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess I'll transfer over my Blorc in case I ever want to play him again.

On that note, anyone in the Candymancers still playing, or you all playing FO3, instead, like me?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Unexpected bonus! Due to the order in which I transfered my characters my Blorc ended up in the back row of the Char select screen.

He will block the view of my zealot no more!

I developed the opposite problem with my Orc and Witch Hunter. :/

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I'm sucked into FO3.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What the hell is FO3.

And why are all these awesome old-timey songs stuck in my goddamn radiated head.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sucked into FO3.

I've pretty much gone to playing Warhammer during the day, if anyone is doing anything. Late at night, hardly anyones on anyways, so thats FO3 time. God damn that game kicks ass. But I may start doing some solo questing at night with the XP buff and finally work on getting to 40. Sitting at 34 right now.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alright, switching over to Red Eye. If you know anybody in TSM who hasn't played lately be sure to tell them to make the switch, it would suck to come back and find out that your character was left behind.

Zek on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm glad you guys are switching. I've been thinking about making a KotBS to kill you guys but I didn't want to delete MEGATRON

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    ZanteZante Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aeonfell wrote: »
    What the hell is FO3.

And why are all these awesome old-timey songs stuck in my goddamn radiated head.

I assume Fallout 3, which makes FO an incorrect acronym since Fallout is one word.

Zante on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zante wrote: »
    What the hell is FO3.

I assume Fallout 3, which makes FO an incorrect acronym since Fallout is one word.

F3 is key, not an acronym.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zante wrote: »
    What the hell is FO3.

Pretty strange sentiment to post in the WAR thread.

WAR : FO3
    as
    WO:AoR : F3

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fallout stole Warhammer's O! It all makes sense now.

On a different note, is there any word when 1.05 will be released? I kinda took a hiatus and that seems like a good time to come back.

Last Son on
  • Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My guild just transferred from Drifting Castle (Destruction) to Averheim. Robot House, mother fuckers!

After the two biggest destruction guilds left my server, which was already relatively low pop, there was no point in staying.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, had a good evening.

Went from 12 to 14, got a robe that actually covers part of my chest, a fancy new stick with a moon on it, some shoulders with moons on them, dyed the lot purple and gold, and bid on a rank 13 hat and cape.

PUG Scenarios in T2 suck as usual. Do PUGs stop sucking at T3 / T4? Or is the entire game full of AFKing, ninja-hiding smacktards who wouldn't know strategy if it came up and slapped them in the face?

I never noticed jus thow frustrating other people are until I started playing a healer, heh.

KiTA on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, and FUCK BRIGHT WIZARDS. Fuck them in their flaming ASSHOLES.

KiTA on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The first night on Red Eye Mountain was fun. Each side had multiple warbands roaming T4, and scenario queues were short. The renown bonus was noticable. We had several kills that gave 250+ renown each to a group of 6 people.

Hopefully the population will stay high with the upcoming balance patch then the new content and classes in 1.1.

grrarg on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Oh, and FUCK BRIGHT WIZARDS. Fuck them in their flaming ASSHOLES.

They're not that bad. I found that if there's two or three of you against one of them, it's possible to kill one most of the time without one or both of you also dying. Also, if you catch them unaware and they don't try fighting back until they're halfway dead, you can usually get 'em too.

Yea, I can't wait until they're nerfed. I went into Tor Anroc with mine earlier, and as a gas, just used my basic fireball and DoT. I still managed to get 3 or 4 solo kills and was third or fourth in damage dealt for all players.

Teth on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess I'll transfer over my Blorc in case I ever want to play him again.

On that note, anyone in the Candymancers still playing, or you all playing FO3, instead, like me?

haven't been able to log in the past couple nights cause of work, but should be on tonight. Also, good luck on the move to all the TSM folks, hope the new server works out. :)

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ah! server xfer!

I have been completelly MIA for the last month or so, due to a complete lack of free time (let's see you plan a wedding, sell a house and buy a house and have any time left).

Not sure when I'll be able to get on and be more active, but my account is paid through April 09, so I'll get on at some point :) .

I did go ahead and xfer all three characters (Seldaar, SH; Seldak, Shaman; Selnor, Magus).

At least we're on a proper orcy named server. Silly elfy name :p .

Selner on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2008
    cant wait to see the BW nerfs

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    robothero wrote: »

BW's will cry a lot (and never do a thing) if they also don't tone down Discord Chosen a bit.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't get why people complained so much about Squig Herders... The tier 3 SH's I fought on my bright wizard were always able to very nearly kill me one on one, and they were almost always in the top 5 damage dealt and killing blows. I don't quite understand why they are so "underpowered."

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Apparently those numbers are inflated by very low damage but prolific AoE DoTs. Big scores, little impact. At least that is what I've read. People say the same thing about Magus, but I get high scores AND kill bitches.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My guild has one SH at rank 38 and he complains that while he can do a lot of damage, he can't do it very quickly, so if you have access to healing at all, you tend to not die from them.

My brother played a magus to 20 and he said the same thing. He said he could top the damage charts, but the amount of damage he could push in a short amount of time was not impressive nor enough to kill someone in most cases.

As a sorc, I know I can do damage and I can do lots of it in a short amount of time, same with the BW for example. I'm interested to see what they do to both classes when they start to fix things to balance classes out a little more.

Ardor on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

BW's will cry a lot (and never do a thing) if they also don't tone down Discord Chosen a bit.

But then why would anyone play Chosen?

edit: Also did they fix guard? Because last night I started noticing that I was taking all sorts of damage even when I was not fighting. I guarded a DoK that had what I can only assume to be an assist train on it, and got spammed with all kinds of shit.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

edit: Also did they fix guard? Because last night I started noticing that I was taking all sorts of damage even when I was not fighting. I guarded a DoK that had what I can only assume to be an assist train on it, and got spammed with all kinds of shit.

Was that person in your group? Cause guard was working just fine when people were in your group... Just not working when they were in a warband, but not your group.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Was that person in your group? Cause guard was working just fine when people were in your group... Just not working when they were in a warband, but not your group.

I only guard people in my group. It could have just been the assists now that I think about it. I'm just not used to losing ~2000 hp in like two seconds.

Malkor on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't get why people complained so much about Squig Herders... The tier 3 SH's I fought on my bright wizard were always able to very nearly kill me one on one, and they were almost always in the top 5 damage dealt and killing blows. I don't quite understand why they are so "underpowered."

Maybe it's just a lower Tier thing. I know that in Tiers 1 and 2, SHs were... underwhelming. A HoT could outheal a Herder.

It may also be a Mastery Tree thing. I don't think they're really balanced at all. I think only one tree is really viable.

Also, SHs would sometimes lead in damage because they were being ignored. If you've got a Healer, in many cases you can just outright ignore the Herder as they can't really hurt you. That's not good.

So it sounds like the damage is being beefed, so that Herders are not ignorable.

Selner on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, I can transfer my character on Ulthuan to Red Eye with you guys, or Ironfist with all my other characters.

Decisions, decisions.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    lol at that guy on the forums who was like "I can not believe my name was taken!" and his name was Naruto.

I laughed at his misfortune.

Fun Side Note- In WoW, I named my Warlock Harrow because I wanted to name him Harrower after just coming out of a stint with UO and loving the Harrower fight. Harrower was taken, so I shortened it. On REM, Harrow was taken...but Harrower wasnt.

It's the circle of life, my friends.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Selner wrote: »

Maybe it's just a lower Tier thing. I know that in Tiers 1 and 2, SHs were... underwhelming. A HoT could outheal a Herder.

It may also be a Mastery Tree thing. I don't think they're really balanced at all. I think only one tree is really viable.

Also, SHs would sometimes lead in damage because they were being ignored. If you've got a Healer, in many cases you can just outright ignore the Herder as they can't really hurt you. That's not good.

So it sounds like the damage is being beefed, so that Herders are not ignorable.

An HoT could outheal a Chosen too. But it can't outheal a Chosen and SH working together.

Malkor on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

An HoT could outheal a Chosen too. But it can't outheal a Chosen and SH working together.

Yeah, but a Chosen isn't a DPS class. :P

I was slightly dissappointed with the server change. I'm no longer Toothy Howser. But with necessity comes...something. Anyway, my new name is Borka Bananahamock. I am pleased.

Toothy on
This discussion has been closed.