As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Octuplets & Being a single mother with 14 children.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    LadyM wrote: »
    Most of Suleman’s children aren’t aware of what is about to happen to their family, but 6-year-old Amerah told “Dateline” that she didn’t think eight more siblings is a good idea.

“Do you think it'll be fun to have a lot of brothers and sisters like that?” Curry asked.

“No,” Amerah said.

“Why not?”

“'Cause there's gonna be a lot of crying.”

“Do you think your mom's going to be okay with all those kids all the time?”

“She's gonna be stressed out all the time,” Amerah opined.

Uh oh, the six year old has more common sense than the mom.

Also . . . the kids didn't KNOW they'd be getting eight new siblings? o_O

Mommy just went to the store for 3 weeks.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    ...who the fuck is having sex at 13?
    What 15 year old girl has sex with a thirteen year old boy who looks like he's about seven?

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    What 15 year old girl has sex with a thirteen year old boy who looks like he's about seven?

The child of that teacher that fucked then was pregnant with and after jail time married her 13 year old student.

Kagera on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Apparently I went to the wrong middle/high school because I couldn't get laid if I tried.

moniker on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I knew a dude who claimed to lose his virginity at age 10.

So, rednecks.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Hooooollllllly fuck is that creepy.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I knew a dude who claimed to lose his virginity at age 10.

So, rednecks.

Or true PIMPS!

Yea YEA!

Kagera on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey, this happened all the time in the middle ages.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Right, everything about this story is fucked up.

Also I too would like to know if that photo is real.

Because I was under the impression that instead the womb just said "oh hell no" at a certain point and fired those suckers on out of there.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some old bitc, er, biddy's at my work, when speaking about OctoMom, commented "What are they teaching kids in schools these days!"

Oh yeah, good times, those "lets have 14 kids!" classes we used to have. Woo!

*ahem* But yeah, they don't believe the woman is crazy or anything like that, it's just THE ENTIRE YOUNGER GENERATION.

....I hate my co-workers.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I once watched a truly horrifying documentary about Jr. High aged kids that included an interview with a thirteen year old girl who talked about how she liked giving head because then she didn't have to be touched, and she wasn't comfortable with that.

MrMister on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I feel dumb, but...is the picture real?

I mean, I didn't even figure she was allowed to stand up when she was that close to giving birth.

The best part of that picture is that she won a disability lawsuit years before and claimed she could never work again.

When my stepmother was pregnant with one baby her back hurt all to hell even though she spent the last parts mostly in bed.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Malkor wrote: »

I mean, I didn't even figure she was allowed to stand up when she was that close to giving birth.

The best part of that picture is that she won a disability lawsuit years before and claimed she could never work again.

When my stepmother was pregnant with one baby her back hurt all to hell even though she spent the last parts mostly in bed.
    Amazingly, these things do not actually correllate.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Malkor wrote: »

Amazingly, these things do not actually correllate.

really? She 'injured her back'.

Malkor on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Could be she only stood up to have that picture taken.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I guess that's possible in a house filled with six young children.

Malkor on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sure, if your mom is killing herself to take care of your kids.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There is so much about this story/mother/doctor that doesn't add up just right that it makes brain cry.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sex at 12 and 13 is not that uncommon.

Yar on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm just having a hard time believing that kid is the father honestly, I mean he doesn't have any facial hair or pimples at all, the article says his voice hasn't started to change yet

It looks to me as though he hasn't actually hit puberty, the baby could just as easily been the girl's uncle or something and this is some kind of dodge.

Of course 12 and 13 year old mothers are unfortunately very common but the father is usually some sleazy pedo 17-18 year old.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There's usually a story like this every couple of years actually. It's not really that surprising.

Look at it this way: what we think we wanted at his age, it's probably better didn't happen for a number of reasons.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

o_O

That is creepy.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm just having a hard time believing that kid is the father honestly, I mean he doesn't have any facial hair or pimples at all, the article says his voice hasn't started to change yet

It looks to me as though he hasn't actually hit puberty, the baby could just as easily been the girl's uncle or something and this is some kind of dodge.

Of course 12 and 13 year old mothers are unfortunately very common but the father is usually some sleazy pedo 17-18 year old.

Didn't the Simpsons already do this?

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You don't suddenly become Chuck Norris when puberty hits.

Sperm production usually starts before anything else, in terms of puberty in males.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The ScribeThe Scribe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Because I am in favor of zero population growth, I favor small families. An additional factor here is that the mother and her 14 children are going to be wards of the state. Any woman who has that many children had better be able to support them herself. She should not hit the tax payers for child support.

The Scribe on
  • Options
    tranquilitytranquility Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    bowen wrote: »

Sperm production usually starts before anything else, in terms of puberty in males.

But doesn't the voice change signify that your testicles have dropped or something? (wow, it's been a while since sex ed.)

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That kid looks like he still wets the bed. Maybe he did upon hearing the news.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

But doesn't the voice change signify that your testicles have dropped or something? (wow, it's been a while since sex ed.)

Not at all.

It's the growth of the larynx. Sometimes a growth of cartilage accompanies this as well. Usually precedes facial hair though. This kid does look unnaturally small for his age though, and it does have me wonder, but it doesn't rule it out, he could just be really short and have balls the size of tangerines.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    huh, you learn a new thing every day.

It's still mind-boggling that a 15yo girl would want to bang a 12yo (who looks 8) though.. Makes you wonder how their relationship started, was she babysitting him or something?

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Physical changes don't happen instantly. I'm not surprised this happened, the Venn diagram of young, dumb, and horny has a lot of overlap. I was more horrified by the teen girls who made a pregnancy pact and fucked anyone they had to (hobos D:) to get pregnant, at this point I'm glad those teens didn't think of in-vitro or they'd probably all have opted for triplets.

Dman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If this was a year ago I'm wondering if she wasn't his same size or something. Pregnancy can do a number on you.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    kids these days...

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Get off my lawn!

mirite?

bowen on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kids these days...

This is why we have lawns.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If this was a year ago I'm wondering if she wasn't his same size or something. Pregnancy can do a number on you.

I don't think it'd make you get taller though... I think most girls reach their adult height by 14 (i'm same height as I was at 12), and babies leech calcium out of the body, so I don't think she'd grow much if she was still growing.

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    kids these days...

:lol:

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I don't think it'd make you get taller though... I think most girls reach their adult height by 14 (i'm same height as I was at 12), and babies leech calcium out of the body, so I don't think she'd grow much if she was still growing.

Now is a good time to start challenging your assumptions.

Hormones make your grow. Pregnancy and puberty both wreck havoc with your hormones.

I doubt she was his size before the pregnancy but to assume she didn't grow significantly during those 9 months is a mistake.
    Edit: I'm not saying to assume she did grow a lot, just that it's possible she did

Dman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

It can escalate the growth process as the body hurries to reach the proper size to care for the child, due to the sudden influx of hormones (does happen to have a number on the bones as some people have had early signs of osteoporosis -- although I can't find the quote in my textbook from my bio class I think this may have been mentioned in passing so take it at face value).

bowen on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kids these days...

The lawns of people with brains need to be bigger.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is it me or does her face/head/neck look really ass goofy? That kid could've done better.

bowen on