As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nice [chat] blanco nino

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Time for bed.

Hopefully my heart will stop trying to burst out of my chest.

Also hopefully the girl's poetry is purely metaphorical.

Also hopefully she's gotten over things and we can chat once in awhile.

I don't like losing people. :(

Night kiddies.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Emo [chat] is emooooooo

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm having a weird craving for a hamburger. But not any old hamburger, specifically the A-1 Peppercorn burger from Red Robin with fries hold the bacon.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Jesus Christ playing Oblivion on the 360 is impossible. The rats in the tutorial keep killing me. It's not the controls or anything. They just apparently decided to make them super-rats on the 360 version.
    Apparently the game difficulty is set three quarters to the right by default for some reason. That's better.
    Fallout 3 made me realize how much more potential Morrowind and Oblivion had. The fact that they're both complete piles of shit in spite of Bethesda being capable of so much more really just pisses me off.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My kitten really likes to play in plastic bags. I'm certain she's going to suffocate herself someday.

Feral on

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Jesus Christ playing Oblivion on the 360 is impossible. The rats in the tutorial keep killing me. It's not the controls or anything. They just apparently decided to make them super-rats on the 360 version.
    Apparently the game difficulty is set three quarters to the right by default for some reason. That's better.
    Fallout 3 made me realize how much more potential Morrowind and Oblivion had. The fact that they're both complete piles of shit in spite of Bethesda being capable of so much more really just pisses me off.

It's criticisms are deserved, but Fallout 3 is my 2008 game of the year.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Fallout 3 made me crave more open-ended RPG action, and Oblivion disappointed me... I'm thinking about checking out Mass Effect. Or maybe replaying KOTOR.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Fallout 3 made me crave more open-ended RPG action, and Oblivion disappointed me... I'm thinking about checking out Mass Effect. Or maybe replaying KOTOR.

ME isn't open ended, but ME WOULD have been my 2008 game of the year except for Fallout 3.

EDIT: It was a tie except for the moment when you first leave the vault and the Wasteland just...opens up before you. My God.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My kitten really likes to play in plastic bags. I'm certain she's going to suffocate herself someday.

Lukos has this things where he likes to climb inside them, and then is quite content if we pick up the bag and walk about while he's in it.

He is a bit mental, though. :P

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mass Effect was fucking fantastic. I really, really loved that game.

I love it even more than Fallout 3, though I'll admit that Fallout 3 is the better game.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

Lukos has this things where he likes to climb inside them, and then is quite content if we pick up the bag and walk about while he's in it.

He is a bit mental, though. :P

Ellie does that, too!

Nova: I thought you could totally ignore the main quest in Mass Effect and go off and do sidequests.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Nova: I thought you could totally ignore the main quest in Mass Effect and go off and do sidequests.

Kinda Sorta, but it's not like FO3. In Fallout 3 you can ignore the main quest and get all powerful, but the gear in ME is only available in steps through the main story.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    Mass Effect had horrible side quests.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah gotcha.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I don't think I'd say "horrible," per se.

They certainly left a lot to be desired, though.

And it's highly unlikely you'll get the best armors in the game by just going through the main quests.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Some of 'em, yeah. The planets were ridiculously barren, too, and alot of them were chock full of very annoying terrain. But it was still an awesome game.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    god, I hate funding applications so much. It's all so wanky and you just know that quite often it doesn't matter how good your research is, it's all about what they've decided the topics worth funding this year are.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So, I did my taxes online only to realize I think the government still needs to send me a T1 form or something. Anyway, I can't file yet.

But I get $300. Hmmmm......that doesn't sound like much.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I left ME shelved for eight months until I finally picked it up again and finished it by ignoring all sidequests.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I left ME shelved for eight months until I finally picked it up again and finished it by ignoring all sidequests.

Did you do Bring Down The Sky? That was pretty cool. Good upgrades, too.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Saturday morning [chat] is slow [chat].

I'm actually having to do some work!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Saturday morning [chat] is slow [chat].

I'm actually having to do some work!

Apparently 99% of D&D lives in NA.

I mean, so do I, but I'm milking the unemployment lack of schedule. Also, I'm thinking of going to play some PAA ep 2 before I go to bed, but I'm just killing time now.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    By the way, have you guys checked out that AC PA fanart thread? Jesus Christ. Angel of Bacon, Mully and Honez have phenomenal submissions.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    By the way, have you guys checked out that AC PA fanart thread? Jesus Christ. Angel of Bacon, Mully and Honez have phenomenal submissions.

I've been following it since it was announced, and just feeling jealous 'cos I can't draw for shit.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I've been following it since it was announced, and just feeling jealous 'cos I can't draw for shit.

And that's why I got into photography and writing.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I can't draw at all either, but I am VERY good at looking at art.

I write as well, but it's tougher to post and most people won't give stuff like that a chance since it requires some kind of time investment. But you can just look at a picture in a second.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Maybe I should contribute to the favorite character thread. It's a thinker, though ...

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I can't draw at all either, but I am VERY good at looking at art.

I write as well, but it's tougher to post and most people won't give stuff like that a chance since it requires some kind of time investment. But you can just look at a picture in a second.

Yeah, my stuff's kinda crap, so I don't post in the Writer's Block normally. I mean, I'm good for my age and experience level, but both are a fraction of what the people in there are used to.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm the worst writer ever.

It's like I did all this college for nothing.

I might just end up in broadcasting.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a full map of drawings I did as a teenager. I think I forgot how to do it?

Good morning, anyway.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    morning Haps!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey Bob, how are you?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    no bad. Doing all the awkward and annoying abstracts and funding apps today. You?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Did you do Bring Down The Sky? That was pretty cool. Good upgrades, too.

Yeah. It was pretty good, but I'm of the opinion that this is what the sidequests should have been in the first place. Reusing the same goddamn underground base and generic space ship for everything got old after the first ten times.

Echo on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The people on the cycling forum I frequent are comparing measurements.

D:

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »

D:

Welcome to the internet.

Enjoy your stay.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just got home.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »

D:

Welcome to the internet.

Enjoy your stay.

I think the really disturbing part is the girls who have larger calves than I do, and I'm not exactly slightly built.

japan on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fuck, I was offered a free tic to the Ireland England match today but I can't go because of homework D:

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.