As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nice [chat] blanco nino

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »
    The people on the cycling forum I frequent are comparing measurements.

D:

Welcome to the internet.

Enjoy your stay.

I think the really disturbing part is the girls who have larger calves than I do, and I'm not exactly slightly built.

So you've got tree trunks. Yes, some women have beefy legs.

I avoid them because they could kick my ass.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Fuck, I was offered a free tic to the Ireland England match today but I can't go because of homework D:

Take the homework with you and do it at half-time.

japan on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Fuck, I was offered a free tic to the Ireland England match today but I can't go because of homework D:

Take the homework with you and do it at half-time.

I already said I couldn't go. The tic's probably already been given away :(

On another note, some spot cream my sister gave me caused my skin to break out in huge red splotches. Today is not going to be a good day.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Playboy-ar-dee

Ahahahaha.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

17.5" circumference around the calf. I've got a couple of inches of catching up to do.

I need to find some better hills because I can't ride fixed, which I think is their advantage.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    By the way, have you guys checked out that AC PA fanart thread? Jesus Christ. Angel of Bacon, Mully and Honez have phenomenal submissions.

Oh lord, Mully's submission is one of the best things ever.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

17.5" circumference around the calf. I've got a couple of inches of catching up to do.

I need to find some better hills because I can't ride fixed, which I think is their advantage.

I have no idea what 'measurement' my calves are, and I don't have any spare string and measure to do it around here, but if I wrap both hands around it only my middle fingers and ring finger can touch on the other end, and just barely. I'd wager it's somewhere around 16. Legs I always worked the least. I can't stand it. Leg Press is my least favorite workout. When I first started, I remember how horrible it was to go up and down stairs after leg day.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    no bad. Doing all the awkward and annoying abstracts and funding apps today. You?

Sorry, had to take care of some things.
    Well, I'm ok, I guess. Better than most of the week, definitely.
    Tonight I'll be nerding it up (PnP night) with my friends, so it could be a really good day.

Edit: Speaking of stationaries, thanks to my oh so lovable cold, I've not been on the bike for over a week now. It makes me feel bad.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pretty much half of my HD is taken up with videos and music. I really need an external HDD to back stuff up :|

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wow... €4 million was recovered after a bank robbery on the road where my brother used to live and where my parents own a house.

Linky.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Reading the fashion thread, apparently my ownership more than one item of North Face clothing makes me "the enemy".

japan on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Reading the fashion thread, apparently my ownership more than one item of North Face clothing makes me "the enemy".

I still have a north face bag I got first day of secondary school. Things still in pretty much perfect shape and used every now and again.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    A €7 heist? Wow, that's big.

And I have no idea what North Face is, so you're still ok in my book, japan. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

I still have a north face bag I got first day of secondary school. Things still in pretty much perfect shape and used every now and again.

Ditto. Thing must be twelve years old now and I still use it every day. I also have a ski jacket, a down jacket, and a fleece (North Face used to have a factory in Port Glasgow, and did a factory sale every couple of years at 75-90% off, complete with lifetime warranty) all still going strong. I think I like them as a brand because a friend of mine had a £200 ski jacket that started letting in water at the shoulder seam when it was a couple of years old. He called them up, they sent him a box to return it, and he got a brand new jacket complete with a report of their findings taking apart the old jacket sent to him (apparently the seam welding of the gore-tex hadn't fully taken, and over time it had pulled apart, allowing water to soak through).

japan on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    God fucking rain, fuck.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What I'm doing because it's fucking raining, fuck the rain! Shit!: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Tina Fey's German pronounciation is pretty good.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    A €7 heist?
    the pound's that bad against the euro, huh? :P

MikeMan on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Here's what is fucked up about where I live. Three days ago it was in the mid 60s°F.

This morning? About 2 inches of snow so far.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I had the word million after that, Haps :(

Tav on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    alright

time to head home

off to the airport guys

MikeMan on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    alright

time to head home

off to the airport guys

Good luck.

Hope you had fun.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    What I'm doing because it's fucking raining, fuck the rain! Shit!: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

So, in other words, you're enjoying yourself.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

So, in other words, you're enjoying yourself.

I need to be outside finishing my work, godsdammit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ahaha, sorry Tav. My bad.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Episode 2 of season 2 is glorious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Man, I am making some serious fart-bombs over here.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Today I am passing the time by agonising over how I would spend hypothetical money that I don't have.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to be prepared.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Do you even play the lottery?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

No. It's a tax on hope.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Today I am passing the time by agonising over how I would spend hypothetical money that I don't have.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to be prepared.

That's the best game!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

No. It's a tax on hope.

Well... good luck? :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Ditto. Thing must be twelve years old now and I still use it every day. I also have a ski jacket, a down jacket, and a fleece (North Face used to have a factory in Port Glasgow, and did a factory sale every couple of years at 75-90% off, complete with lifetime warranty) all still going strong. I think I like them as a brand because a friend of mine had a £200 ski jacket that started letting in water at the shoulder seam when it was a couple of years old. He called them up, they sent him a box to return it, and he got a brand new jacket complete with a report of their findings taking apart the old jacket sent to him (apparently the seam welding of the gore-tex hadn't fully taken, and over time it had pulled apart, allowing water to soak through).

I don't know if they work the same way as identifiers of group-membership in England.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I don't know if they work the same way as identifiers of group-membership in England.

I don't think so...

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Northface, in Southern Ohio, is another way of saying, "I am a huge douche"

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Scotland. And I would presume not, since up until about four or five years ago freaking everybody had North Face gear because there was so much of it available for so cheap.

The brand snobs tended to go for Berghaus, Rohan or Helly Hansen, because those were never discounted.

japan on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I won the lottery I'd probably buy some houses. Friend of the families made bank this way last time we were in a similar situation (well except the lottery part, a rich relative passed away or some such). The only flaw in this plan is that I kind of don't play the lottery.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Scotland. And I would presume not, since up until about four or five years ago freaking everybody had North Face gear because there was so much of it available for so cheap.

The brand snobs tended to go for Berghaus, Rohan or Helly Hansen, because those were never discounted.

Is the second one famous for cavalry gear?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Is the second one famous for cavalry gear?

"All-climate clothing". The idea is that they make gear suitable for wearing anywhere in the world, especially if you're travelling or something (It's actually really good, if overpriced). In practice it's worn by people taking guided tours in South America during which they never leave an air-conditioned Land Rover.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.