As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Code Geass R2 part 1 comes out on DVD today. I ordered mine...

I'm the last f'ing person to see this who is going to see it, aren't I?

I'm also waiting for the dub! High Five.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    man, what a cornball ending!
    you have no right to judge, with an avatar like that. or maybe, you have every right to judge.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy Shit, who would have ever thought the Rave Master Dub would see the light of day again?

I guess this is why the thread was talking about it a week or two ago!

All I remember about Rave Master is nudity and that it could be kinda funny.

Like a poor man's Zatch Bell.

There were only two things I picked up from the Rave Master dub that aired on Toonami:

1) That theme song is hilariously fantastic.

2) Toppa blaster chick has some rude titties.

That was pretty much it.

I checked out the final manga chapter of the series, and man, what a cornball ending!

Holy shit, Godfather, we truely are anime kin. Rude titties were more or less the reason I kept watching the show, truth be told. Even years later the Rave Master theme would come crawling back up the base of my spine, get stuck in my head, and then not leave until I remembered what the hell it was from!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    you have no right to judge, with an avatar like that. or maybe, you have every right to judge.

I am not threatened by the man who worships magical school girl anime.

Godfather on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Regarding Onani master kurosawa
    Man the story is pretty depressing. I thought that it was suppose to be some light hearted parody of deathnote or something. I am now at the part where he is going to get his revenge on the library girl. D:

Peas on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Peas wrote: »
    Regarding Onani master kurosawa
    Man the story is pretty depressing. I thought that it was suppose to be some light hearted parody of deathnote or something. I am now at the part where he is going to get his revenge on the library girl. D:
    I told you people it was good and got serious.
    KEEP GOING.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I am not threatened by the man who worships magical school girl anime.
    I'm sorry I couldn't hear you through all the Franky I be a doin'.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Holy Shit, who would have ever thought the Rave Master Dub would see the light of day again?

I guess this is why the thread was talking about it a week or two ago!

All I remember about Rave Master is nudity and that it could be kinda funny.

Like a poor man's Zatch Bell.

There were only two things I picked up from the Rave Master dub that aired on Toonami:

1) That theme song is hilariously fantastic.

2) Toppa blaster chick has some rude titties.

That was pretty much it.

I checked out the final manga chapter of the series, and man, what a cornball ending!

Holy shit, Godfather, we truely are anime kin. Rude titties were more or less the reason I kept watching the show, truth be told. Even years later the Rave Master theme would come crawling back up the base of my spine, get stuck in my head, and then not leave until I remembered what the hell it was from!

I'd always watch it before the Piece came on. I must have been in late junior high(?)when it was airing in the states. I dunno, it's a bit fuzzy to me.

It felt like a very "safe" show for me. Standard fare stuff with the swords, art style, explosions, and they hey! jugs on the screen. Can't argue with that logic.

I only kept up with the first ten episodes cause the story was kinda boring, then kind of forgot about it. And then they pulled it or something.

I just made sure to watch the intro, cause I liked it so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0pMrptUDE&fmt=18

Godfather on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I never watched Rave Masters, but I kind of regret I didn't, given how universally-beloved Elie's knockers seem to be.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Forgot to mention this, but the theater I saw Ponyo in is going to be playing the Eureka Seven movie in September 24th.

Is the movie a straight retelling of the TV series, or does it add any new elements? Better? Worse?

I enjoyed the TV series with the exception of Holland, who I consider to be the most unlikeable anime character since Gendou Ikari.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Somebody said it was completely different, to the point that it was like some unrelated movie with Eureka 7 characters stuck in for no particular reason.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yea, same looking characters and a very 'similar' setting, but everything is completely different. I enjoyed it.

NotYou on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In other words, Escaflowne.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Escaflowne movie is in the top ten worst things I've ever seen.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Escaflowne movie is in the top ten worst things I've ever seen.
    You haven't seen alot of stuff, have you?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Patch for the v2 of ZSZS is out. Gotta love gg for that alone.

Falx on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Eh, the Escaflowne movie really is terrible though, especially if you watched it after you watched the show.

I bought tickets to the Eureka Seven movie for Sept. 24th myself...I'm not sure if I'm excited or cautiously optimistic. I wasn't a big fan of the show's dub, and from what I saw the movie will be dubbed. But eh, it's rare that anime ever really gets a theatrical release out here so I'll probably be going just on principle.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Really? The dub was pretty great, although not even Crispin Freeman can make Holland likeable.

As long as the movie delivers on big budget mecha surfing/action, it'll be worth seeing on a big screen.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    Eh, nothing wrong with being behind on stuff anyhow. Keeping up with shows week by week can be a chore and it helps in filtering out the overall quality of a show.

I'm always a season behind. Except with Saki.

I hate getting anime blue balled. Hate it.

Greeper on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Really? The dub was pretty great, although not even Crispin Freeman can make Holland likeable.

As long as the movie delivers on big budget mecha surfing/action, it'll be worth seeing on a big screen.

Yea I just couldn't get into the dub, I switched back to subs after a couple of episodes so I'm not sure if the dubbed picked up after that (kinda like how Gurren Lagann's dub seemed to get progressively better). I am definitely looking forward to seeing some mecha air surfing :P

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    Nah. I'm the big winner. I haven't watched a single episode of Geass past... I don't know... 18 or 19 of season 1. Bwa ha ha.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Nah. I'm the big winner. I haven't watched a single episode of Geass past... I don't know... 18 or 19 of season 1. Bwa ha ha.

I didn't even make it that far before i stopped caring. So i am the champion?

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I only watched the first episode, how awesome is that?

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome to the max.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    bisondollarsbisondollars Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I put Geass on hold at about ep 2 I think. The lame chess analogies made me want to hurt someone.

bisondollars on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What always confounded me was the selective pronounciation of words in the Eureka 7 dub. They pronounce it 'elreka' because that is how the Japanese VA mispronounced it, but correct the pronounciation of Anemone, and many locations.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I didn't even make it that far before i stopped caring. So i am the champion?

You're better than me. I watch it because I like watching multiple characters suffer.

Fictional people, mind you. People who don't exist. It used to be just one, and then my hatred grew, and I can't resist. It's like if Death Note had multiple Lights in it, all with that same psychotic laugh.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Nah, i'm the real winner here.

I haven't watched a single episode! Bahahahahah!

Godfather on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey guys I haven't watched any episode of (insert popular show) HOW COOL AM I

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Your MAL profile lists lots of popular shows! I don't believe in nothin no more! :?

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sooo about Evangelion 2.0
    That. was. AWESOME.

I was a little sad about them leaving certain fights out, but overall I think they did a really good job retaining key scenes and making things less confusing overall. I think you'd definitely have a much better understanding of what's going on having seen the original series, but I don't feel the rebuilds dumb it down much at all.

Shinji retains a lot of his trademark whiney-ness, while managing to actually be pretty fucking badass at times. Asuka's development felt a little rushed, but I understand why it had to be and I can't see any way they could have avoided it.

Mari is awesome and I'm glad she turned out to be as batshit crazy as we'd all hoped. I hope later on she gets to play a bigger role, though making Unit 02 bite through an AT field while Rei shoved a freaking N2 missile down an angel's throat will be hard to beat.

Also, eyepatch Asuka in Eva 3.0? It's going to be so fucking rad.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Can I do this with Basquash? If so, I am totally doing it. I've always wanted to be cool.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Your MAL profile lists lots of popular shows! I don't believe in nothin no more! :?

I've been exposed for the fraud I am! D:

Slicer on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I haven't seen a single episode of school days.

I wish. Oh god how do I wish.

Greeper on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've been watching DBZ lately, out of nostalgia and lots of free time.

Honestly, I still think this show is pretty damn fun, despite all the easy ways you can make fun of it.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

:evil:

Godfather on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bleach 233 continued to be better than the non-filler material.

That's not exactly a very high bar to pass, but still.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single episode of school days.

I wish. Oh god how do I wish.

Do it.

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

:evil:

:rotate:

Slicer on
This discussion has been closed.