Options

[Chat] Bowl!

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    Hey, how often do you guys wash your hair?

Every day.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Every day I intend to go out.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    I usually feel numbness to the upper right side of my head when I attempt to comprehend not existing.

I tend to feel hollow.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In fact, I feel like washing my hair right now since I didn't have a chance today.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

Every day I intend to go out.

Yeah. I usually shower every day. But if it's a lazy Sunday and I'm just going to stay in all day then I usually won't.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    yes it exists in that it was created by the first shape and treated as an existence by the first.

j you are remarkably good at this

Are all shapes which are not the first shape created by that first shape? Or can there be the first shape and other shapes which are not created by that first shape?

Both. (It's not words, so it's not logic, so it doesn't have to be consistent. It is both.)

Do you have a preference for one over the other?

Wow. Shit. you are making me truly think now. I don't know. Give me a few minutes to see if I can work it out.

The first is what we experience. The second is what we assume, hope and believe to be true.

Both of these are meta shapes encompassing the two questions.

I actually had to draw this out on a piece of paper.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I want to take another shower simply because my skin feels oily from the obnoxious warmth.

Hey Elldren maybe we can help each other. :winky:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pods, it sounds like you've had a terrible English lit experience and that is a shame. My university's English department was full of crazy, hilarious profs who were either paternal and warm or loopy and entertaining, but they were all very much concerned with their students' welfare and constantly worked to make your degree easier or more interesting. Of course this is coloured by my grad school experience, where getting to know profs only intensifies their positive aspects.

The rest were young guys with their PhDs who I would actually hang out and drink with, and they taught amazing courses like "Postmodern Canadian Historiographical Fiction" and were very charming and funny.

The prof who taught my Marxism course has Tourette's - or so he claims, he might be lying, he's weird like that - and he wears baggy suits with sneakers, inhales sibilantly as punctuation, and gestures violently. He has a combination of a Texan and Canadian Maritime accent that sounds absolutely bizarre. He is also a genius.

the prof who taught my States of Nature course is six foot four, has a voice like an opera singer, wears tweed jackets with elbow patches, and walks around orating with one arm behind his back while the other gestures. He has a lexical knowledge of Milton and the Bible, and his office doesn't have room for chairs because there's so many books. So you sit on a pile of books, quite literally, and he basically dotes on you like an uncle, and then you see him walking with his tiny blond daughter and it is adorable.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Evil: Man stop reminding me that there are teachers like that.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    yes it exists in that it was created by the first shape and treated as an existence by the first.

Are all shapes which are not the first shape created by that first shape? Or can there be the first shape and other shapes which are not created by that first shape?

Both. (It's not words, so it's not logic, so it doesn't have to be consistent. It is both.)

Wow. Shit. you are making me truly think now. I don't know. Give me a few minutes to see if I can work it out.

The first is what we experience. The second is what we assume, hope and believe to be true.

Do we experience them as having been created? Or do we experience them as existing and assume that they were either created or exist on their own?

_J_ on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Trying to visualize infinity sends chills up my spine.

I know isn't it awesome!

Do you also get that kind of focal point of numbness near the middle front of your brain?

I get this from trying to understand how complicated systems interact, which I pretty much try to do a lot.

I don't try to understand infinity because I don't have anything to start from and the question doesn't interest me. Individual differences?

Mine is primarily spatial, visual images happens as an afterthought.

IT's hard to describe "walking to the fridge" without the walk, the fridge or the person doing it. But I can think of it effortlessly. I imagine a visual point moving to the fridge. This point isn't me, it is a replay of the experience of gonig to the fridge, but it doesn't have to be me. Nor does the fridge have to be my fridge or the locomotion be walking.
    And now because I have that I can mix it up. Okay I'm two foot tall. Wow fridges are big.
    Okay go back now the fridge is running away from me. Perhaps indiana jones is inside and there is a nuclear explosion behind me.
    Okay, now I'm flying towards it.
    Now it's a cat.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    God, I never noticed before what a hostile jackass Evander really is.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm confused.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I tend to work with a lot of sensations, as well...

It's strangely common for me to imagine the tickling of flames erupting from my palm and flowing along the path I will, or my flesh hardening into living metal, numb and sleek.

I do plenty of the visual thing as far as movement goes... really I kind of waffle between things.

You know how some people look up, down, or to the side when they think, depending on whether they're audio, visual, or whatever in how they remember things?

I roll my eyes.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I'm confused.

Please don't hurt yourself. Please please please.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pods, it sounds like you've had a terrible English lit experience and that is a shame.

Probably. My philosophy experience has more than made up for it, and I'd rather have better philosophy profs than lit profs, because I find that a teacher is more necessary for the former than the latter.

Also, "Postmodern Canadian Historiographical Fiction" sounds, almost creepily, like a class out of the Ennett Quadrivium.

Soon enough you will that joke, and only then can we be friends.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I tend to work with a lot of sensations, as well...

It's strangely common for me to imagine the tickling of flames erupting from my palm and flowing along the path I will, or my flesh hardening into living metal, numb and sleek.

I do plenty of the visual thing as far as movement goes... really I kind of waffle between things.

You know how some people look up, down, or to the side when they think, depending on whether they're audio, visual, or whatever in how they remember things?

I roll my eyes.

tend to do it mostly upwards? as in north but anywhere from north east to north west?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    tend to do it mostly upwards? as in north but anywhere from north east to north west?

http://www.school-for-champions.com/communication/reading_eyes.htm

I got it a bit wrong.

Regardless, I tend roll my eyes when thinking.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Pods, it sounds like you've had a terrible English lit experience and that is a shame.

Probably. My philosophy experience has more than made up for it, and I'd rather have better philosophy profs than lit profs, because I find that a teacher is more necessary for the former than the latter.

Also, "Postmodern Canadian Historiographical Fiction" sounds, almost creepily, like a class out of the Ennett Quadrivium.

isn't that a medieval principle of education or something

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

you'll find out quite soon

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Welp

Got robbed at work tonight by a couple of dudes with a bat or a pipe or something

Occupational hazard I suppose

FML

Going to get exceptionally drunk and maybe find a hooker or something, fuck it, I'm on borrowed time at this point anyway

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    London accidentally burned to the ground?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi5 Jewcar me too.

That visual mode can be fractionated up into a spatial component and a visual component and it's likely there will be individual differences in which is used primarily.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    London accidentally burned to the ground?

Didn't it?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Welp

Got robbed at work tonight by a couple of dudes with a bat or a pipe or something

FML

Going to get exceptionally drunk and maybe find a hooker or something, fuck it, I'm on borrowed time at this point anyway

!!!

Where do you work?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Do we experience them as having been created? Or do we experience them as existing and assume that they were either created or exist on their own?

(1: Do we experience them as having been created? Answer = Yes.)

(2: Do we experience them as existing and assume they were either created or exist on their own? Answer = Yes).

((1 AND 2) AND (1 OR 2))

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Welp

FML

!!!

Where do you work?

Liquor store. Nobody got hurt. Well, my lungs, after I chainsmoked half a pack in like half an hour.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm sorry that had to happen, Salvation.

May the Shwartz be with you; god bless

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Salv: D:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

you'll find out quite soon

it's in infinite jest i guess?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Man, my kitty will not stop grumbling and growling when ever she hears something outside.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it's in infinite jest i guess?

yep. not to spoil any of the jokes in IJ, but there's a good deal of canada involved in IJ. Montreal is full of seperational eco-terrorists, and the canadians are all hyper intelligent and postmodern and teach (high school) classes like "The Economical is The Political is the Sexual: Pyschopathology of the Everyday Ideological" and "Prescriptivist Grammar and Politics."

IJ is scarely prophetic.

also, i think you and other folksy kids might like this song

http://www.dangerdanger.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/without-reasons-demo.mp3

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2009

(2: Do we experience them as existing and assume they were either created or exist on their own? Answer = Yes).

((1 AND 2) AND (1 OR 2))

I do not think that you can make claim 1. think of it this way:

You walk into a room and bang into a table.

Your experience is your banging into the table. your experience is not the table's coming to be.

_J_ on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just got back from Video Games Live. Pretty Sweet.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Full Price Ticket US $34.50 x 1
    Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $5.00 x 1
    Total Convenience Charge(s)

US $9.90 x 1

Order Processing Charge(s) US $5.40
    TicketFast Delivery What's this?
    What is TicketFast®?
    We'll e-mail you a link to your ticket(s). To pick them up, simply log in, print them out and present them at the venue.

US $2.50

TOTAL CHARGES US $57.30

what the fuck

how do they get away with advertising this shit at 35 bucks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So tempted to put this in the evolution/creationism thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrENJ4EQjMY&feature=related

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did not buy Blood Bowl

I don't know why

I think it's because there is no one to play with me

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ticketmaster
    is
    so
    dumb

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FUCKING MASTER OF TICKETS

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2009

((1 AND 2) AND (1 OR 2))

I do not think that you can make claim 1. think of it this way:

You walk into a room and bang into a table.

Your experience is your banging into the table. your experience is not the table's coming to be.

"Man, where the fuck did that table come from it popped out of nowhere! Goddam that hurt stupid table!"

Morninglord on
This discussion has been closed.