Options

Drugs and [CHAT]sturbation

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah, MMOs are high risk high reward. I don't even want to know how much money WoW has made Blizzard, on the other hand, the amount of money AoC lost has to be pretty huge as well.

I think EvE Online is one of the most profitable businesses in country it is based out of, which is either Iceland or Greenland, I can't remember which.

Iceland, I believe.

So, it's a meaningless statistic. I could start a business selling snow and be one of the most profitable businesses in Iceland.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Cute girls who have severe attention problems are so unsettling.

what?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Goddammit, my boss woke me up 4 hours after I went to sleep because there was an issue with the document I sent (on his end), and now I can't get back to sleep.

Plus, my cat has been alerted that I am awake and is meowing nonstop outside my door.

*grumble grumble*

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, it's a meaningless statistic. I could start a business selling snow and be one of the most profitable businesses in Iceland.

It's more of an interesting factoid than anything else. They've had issues with the government coming by and trying to figure out exactly what their business does as their revenue is so relatively high.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Goddammit, my boss woke me up 4 hours after I went to sleep because there was an issue with the document I sent (on his end), and now I can't get back to sleep.

Plus, my cat has been alerted that I am awake and is meowing nonstop outside my door.

*grumble grumble*

Hey beautiful.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You need to come back like now, Inquisitor Chester McMahon.

That's right, I'm using your full name because I'm mad at you.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Is that sign "Water the tree of Liberty" implying that the "water" is blood?

Pretty much. With the blood of patriots no less.

Man outside a town hall meeting Obama is attending, with that sign, carrying a gun.

And it's all legal!
    It goes back to "I don't agree with what you're saying but I'll defend your right to say it". The guy's an idiot, defending something idiotic, but doing it in a way that's granted to everyone which if it were suppressed would be far worse than some idiot with a gun and a sign protesting health care.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Man outside a town hall meeting Obama is attending, with that sign, carrying a gun.

And it's all legal!

Yes but see Obama's liberal powers may make that man an outlaw by virtue of his kenyan muslin upbringing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Untwist your panties honeybunch, only 5 days now.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE FINDING OUT I MISSED SOMETHING REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUS I SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED MYSELF ON.

FUCK THAT JACKASS WHO LIED TO ME.

Quid on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, MMOs are high risk high reward. I don't even want to know how much money WoW has made Blizzard, on the other hand, the amount of money AoC lost has to be pretty huge as well.

I think EvE Online is one of the most profitable businesses in country it is based out of, which is either Iceland or Greenland, I can't remember which.

Greenland? Really? Which has a population of just under sixty thousand people?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

And it's all legal!
    It goes back to "I don't agree with what you're saying but I'll defend your right to say it". The guy's an idiot, defending something idiotic, but doing it in a way that's granted to everyone which if it were suppressed would be far worse than some idiot with a gun and a sign protesting health care.

I know, I just don't get it. Being brought up in a country where the ability to carry a gun like that is only issued to certain members of the police and military, something like that makes my head e'splode

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Untwist your panties honeybunch, only 5 days now.
    I hate you.

Also, I am less sure about receiving additional parental funding for my computer now. I need to talk to my dad about it.

I may have to work out a story wherein you are basically giving me some of your old computer parts and all I really need is that motherboard/processor/video card combo. If they buy that, I can buy the rest of the $680 version computer myself.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Considering our current level of technology as far as real-time world simulation is concerned the Otherland MMO can do nothing except suck. Why would Tad Williams allow such a thing. Does he even have control over the property?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I checked wiki, they are in Iceland.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

And it's all legal!

Legal yes but I wouldn't be surprised if he got as visit from the Secret Service

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also, I am less sure about receiving additional parental funding for my computer now. I need to talk to my dad about it.

I may have to work out a story wherein you are basically giving me some of your old computer parts and all I really need is that motherboard/processor/video card combo. If they buy that, I can buy the rest of the $680 version computer myself.

You are a sneaky git you know that?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You are a sneaky git you know that?
    If only people knew...

Have you been following the updates on the BSG expansion? I'm trying to see if one of the people in my former gaming club who's going to GenCon this year will buy a copy on my behalf.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

And it's all legal!

meh, I almost wish Obama would bring back free speech zones.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Fluffy remember that girl at work you keep telling me to ask out? Well I think our physical relationship just upturned a little bit. I texted her about something fairly mundane (like "I confess: blah blah"), not really anything to do with us. And she texted back "I have a confession, too: I get butterflies when I see you" and so we talked and now I guess stuff is moving along.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I guess I could say I have a girlfriend, now.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If only people knew...

Have you been following the updates on the BSG expansion? I'm trying to see if one of the people in my former gaming club who's going to GenCon this year will buy a copy on my behalf.

Nah, I've been following updates on the Pandemic expansion. Also, I played Cities and Knights for the first time recently and it was tits, we have to get a good Catan group going when I get back.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

And it's all legal!

Legal yes but I wouldn't be surprised if he got as visit from the Secret Service

Yeah I'm frankly surprised he was allowed to since bush set up god damn free speech zones. Also the Obamas apparently get 3k death threats a day, I heard they surpassed how many threats bush got in office his entire 8 years.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009

And it's all legal!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    someone broke nexus

Ludious on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I checked wiki, they are in Iceland.

I know, I was mocking you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    someone broke nexus

Forums have been acting funny getting page can't display errors. So he probably hit refresh on a reply and bam second post.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PUA thread is giving me visions of hordes of awkward nerds taking lexapro to help them pick up chicks, only to have it rob them of their libido.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2009
    If only people knew...

Nah, I've been following updates on the Pandemic expansion. Also, I played Cities and Knights for the first time recently and it was tits, we have to get a good Catan group going when I get back.
    Well, I know the guy from my acting class will probably be down for it. I dunno about a fourth.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Fluffy remember that girl at work you keep telling me to ask out? Well I think our physical relationship just upturned a little bit. I texted her about something fairly mundane (like "I confess: blah blah"), not really anything to do with us. And she texted back "I have a confession, too: I get butterflies when I see you" and so we talked and now I guess stuff is moving along.

That or you make her feel ill. <3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would donate $5-10/year to fix the forum problems

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Now you can make a post in the Awesome SO thread! :mrgreen:

Though seriously, congrats.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    evilbob wrote: »
    PUA thread is giving me visions of hordes of awkward nerds taking lexapro to help them pick up chicks, only to have it rob them of their libido.

Lexapro hasn't hurt my libido any.

Ludious on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

And it's all legal!

Yeah I'm frankly surprised he was allowed to since bush set up god damn free speech zones. Also the Obamas apparently get 3k death threats a day, I heard they surpassed how many threats bush got in office his entire 8 years.
    "For the White House switchboard, press one. To leave a death threat, press two. Para continuar en Español, pulse nueve."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Evenin' fellas.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would donate $5-10/year to fix the forum problems

Same. I'd probably pay more.

Ludious on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Lexapro hasn't hurt my libido any.

It has mine. :'(

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I know the guy from my acting class will probably be down for it. I dunno about a fourth.

I might be able to secure the girl I used to work with that we played with before.

Man, I saw the 40k PnP rulebook at my store the other day. $60 dude. I'd get it for $40 via my discount. I'd love to run a game of it but the rulebook is thick as hell and the setting is obscure to most.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

That or you make her feel ill. <3

I'll rough her up a little bit, for sure

hey-o!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Wait they actually suggest that

wtf

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I might be able to secure the girl I used to work with that we played with before.

Man, I saw the 40k PnP rulebook at my store the other day. $60 dude. I'd get it for $40 via my discount. I'd love to run a game of it but the rulebook is thick as hell and the setting is obscure to most.
    That's Dark Heresy, right? I know a little about the universe, more than I know about, say, Eberron, so I'd be down to play a few sessions of it if you can scrape together some other participants. I don't think any of my friends would be into it, although I could put out an announcement on the Enigma mailing list and pretty easily get a few near-complete-strangers to come play.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.