BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm...I think I missed all of this.

Stupid time zones.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2009
    He's missing out the stuff that was apparently said about people's wives that got real weird real fast.

Bogart on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah. Preach can be as much of a dick as he wants. Wives are off limits. This is pretty much a universal law.
    Nobody else should have to suffer hurt because of something their spouse said. Preach's wife reads [chat]. Preach has mentioned this several times before.

She apparently got really upset. You can all sit here and say "oh what a baby" but people who haven't participated actively in "the internet lulz" for years, can be hurt easily.

Ludious on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Yeah. Preach can be as much of a dick as he wants. Wives are off limits. This is pretty much a universal law.
    No, don't dish it out if you can't take it is universal law.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    He's missing out the stuff that was apparently said about people's wives that got real weird real fast.

:o

...!

Organichu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No, don't dish it out if you can't take it is universal law.

I pretty much disagree with this for the above reasons I edited in.

Ludious on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    if you tell someone that it's just the internets and then you get upset that the internets made your wife cry, well, it seems like there's an obvious lesson there

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    if you tell someone that it's just the internets and then you get upset that the internets made your wife cry, well, it seems like there's an obvious lesson there

Yes. Insult the dick, not the wife.

Ludious on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Eh, reading what happened it just seemed his responses are just how Preacher generally is. I mean, has noone seen his (or all of our) posts of "Fatty" to people discussing weight?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "If you can't swim with sharks get out of the pool" rings a little hollow when sharks start asking you to stop being mean.

Bogart on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009

if i'm pissing people off I don't get to declare certain things safe zones that I know will upset me.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hmm...I'm glad that all happened when I was asleep. It was kinda mean.

Also, in many ways it makes me glad I post here (probably more than japan) as I've "signed up" for it. I'm not surprised Preacher's wife got upset by strangers making insinuations about her.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Why? Since when do you have to play fair when you're insulting someone? "Ok, I'm going to insult your looks, your weight, your lack of money, but I won't insult your choice in women, because I'm a nice guy like that."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

if i'm pissing people off I don't get to declare certain things safe zones that I know will upset me.

Yeah but it didn't really upset him until his wife got upset.

urahonky on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Man, Conservatives can't decide what to do about me. When I mentioned (off handedly) that I was struggling over my vote in the Israeli elections, I was called a traitor to America for showing interest. Now that I mention I voted for Obama (who many Israelis dislike) the same Conservatives are calling me a traitor to Israel. WTF?

Organichu on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I don't really have a huge problem with someone on an internet forum saying someone else's wife is fat, or whatever. Particularly if the husband is being a cock.

Unless you know, like, the husband owns the forum or something. That would be totally out of line.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh shits, is tonight the meteor shower? Google's graphic is different.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

But, that was the point of insulting him... Not to mention this all came about when he (he claims) jokingly insulted yalborap, yalb got pissed, and preach told him to lighten up. It's been like a mobius strip of insult, anger, backpedal, counter-insult, anger, backpedal...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I... Am going to change topics because this is treading bad waters to get [chat] banninated.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/11/765163/-Far-right-religious-group-behind-outrageous-health-care-lies

REPUBLICANS LIE TO GET THEIR WAY! MORE AT 11!

urahonky on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You know what else is outrageous?

Aquaman

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

shoulda told that bitch it was just the interbuttz

Bama on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I... Am going to change topics because this is treading bad waters to get [chat] banninated.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/11/765163/-Far-right-religious-group-behind-outrageous-health-care-lies

REPUBLICANS LIE TO GET THEIR WAY! MORE AT 11!
    The "Liberty Counsel" stuff is terrifying. My dad sent me some BS forwarded email with a 'letter' from them in it about how Obama was a plant and we're all on the way to totalitarian fascism at the hands of the secret Muslims, then we got a few at work from some of my boss' friends about how the health care plan is going to euthanize everyone.

I want to move to Greenland and buy a boat and forget all this shit is going on.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Aquaman
    Aquaman isn't outrageous at all. He is the definition of not outrageous.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2009
    Did a mod delete a bunch of it out of the thread though? I don't really see anything upsetting.

We do no such things.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Aquaman

You haven't been watching Batman: Brave and the Bold, I see.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe the liberty counsel actually uses the registered mark with "Help Save Christmas®". I though that shit was added by the Kos poster to be ironic.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Did a mod delete a bunch of it out of the thread though? I don't really see anything upsetting.

We do no such things.
    Like I said, I see nothing...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    The "Liberty Counsel" stuff is terrifying. My dad sent me some BS forwarded email with a 'letter' from them in it about how Obama was a plant and we're all on the way to totalitarian fascism at the hands of the secret Muslims, then we got a few at work from some of my boss' friends about how the health care plan is going to euthanize everyone.

I am constantly amazed that there are people that actually take this stuff seriously.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Aquaman

You haven't been watching Batman: Brave and the Bold, I see.
    What is that, a Batman soap opera?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    [chat] drama?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD *fly on forehead*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4&feature=related

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    How has rightwing US political debate become so retarded? Is it just that the right has found this angle to more productive than any others they've been trying? Whip up the crazies and see what happens? Or is it just largely racists clutching at any random theory about Obama that floats past?

Bogart on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have some conservative friends. As far as I can tell, they really really just want to see the train drive right off the tracks.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This paper is driving me crazy. Well...crazier.

Why do I sign up for these things?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    good morning mah peeps

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    I have some conservative friends. As far as I can tell, they really really just want to see the train drive right off the tracks.

And it never occurs to them that they are actually on the train.

Echo on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Elki wrote: »

We do no such things.
    Like I said, I see nothing...

There was nothing.

It really wasn't much of anything to see.

Just normal human drama, not exploding Michael Bay robot drama.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    [chat] drama?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD *fly on forehead*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4&feature=related

Movie scared the shit out of me when I was younger.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Troll was one of my favorite movies as a kid

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Echo wrote: »

And it never occurs to them that they are actually on the train.

Their train will go to Freedom once it's off the tracks.

Bogart on
This discussion has been closed.