As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nerd rage and other stories about douchebaggery

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit, Bushido Blade was the best game. When my friends and I figured out you could just run free it was like a blind man gaining sight - or some other stupid hyperbole.

Also, this thread is pretty hysterical.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My older brother is shit at games, whereas i'm damn good in my humble opinion.

When we were younger; i could beat him at any game we owned. Unfrotunately, he would always hit me. Not too hard, but on the arm hard enough to hurt after the 5th punch in 5 minutes.

So we were playing Streets of Rage, and i'm stomping him into the ground again, but before i kill him i decide to let him win. Not obviously, i just lost enough to look convincing, as though he'd won a hard-fought match against a superior opponent.

He cheered, and hit me in the arm harder.

That was the last time i lost on purpose (to him anyway, my little brother was a different story) and he stopped fighting me shortly after.

Euphoriac on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I myself don't nerd rage often. I had one ex friend who lived on it.

So in Halo as you know the pistol and mood depending the machine gun/sniper were your weapons of choice. My friend however grabbed the shotgun and Rocket launcher on every map.

EVERY MAP.

Then when I beat him he would bitch about how I shot him in the back or how I never got up close and fought him( gee ya think?) then this is the clincher he would try to hit me on the arm. I guess he thought real physical violence would solve the issue.

Now I fight with my friends but I have never had any of them act like that asshole. He also tried to get me to LARP D&D games with him. With actual weapons.

I declined.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I used to play in Dance Dance Revolution tournaments down in Texas. This one time there was a tournament over at a Japanese bubble tea shop, and my first round was against this Asian kid who was so excited to be there. He was recording everyone, talking about how awesome he is at this game, being a little annoying but generally a cool guy.

My first match was against him, and he had been talking himself up so much that I thought he would be a good opponent. WRONG. He does decently on the song he picked, but then fails horribly on the 9 footer that I picked. In the middle of the song he has a violent fit about how he's failing, and promptly sits down on the dance pad and puts his head in his hands. There were about 50-100 people watching the tournament, but I did not feel safe continuing to play with this kid just sitting on the pad next to me muttering to himself, looking like he's about to go serial killer on me because I ruined his hopes and dreams.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll nerdrage if people go all out against their friends who are new to the game. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's someone else.

Like I only played SSBM with my friend twice, since he would invite people over for video games. Some people never really played video games at all before, while myself and a few others are gamers but don't really take fighting games too seriously. My friend would just destroy us over and over and over again. After about 20 minutes nobody would want to play anymore.

My own experience was actually I was playing starcraft for the first time a couple months ago. The people I was playing with were friends who, like most people, played this extensively forever ago. And with them most of them were fine leaving me alone to go try to figure out the basic mechanics of the game while they all fought each other. Then I'd try to attack someone, fail miserably because I wouldn't upgrade anything at all because I didn't know that such things existed, and it was all in good fun. But a couple of times when we played early on there would be one person who'd attack me right away, so I'd die. Then it's like "well, that was fun getting a game together, I guess I'll just go do something for the next hour while the rest of you have a good time playing."

I just don't understand this mindset, especially when you're playing against friends and not random internet people. Does it make you feel good to completely beat someone who has no idea what they're doing? Competition is good and fun when it's even, but slaughtering new people over and over makes me rage at the people I'm playing with.

Asiina on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh man. Cass always nerd-rages whenever I beat her in anything.

When we were first going out, she would rage any time I beat her in Super Smash Bros.

More recently, we were playing card games with some of my family, and when everyone else got bored and went off to do something else, we decided we'd fall back on Crazy Eights, not knowing many card games.

I was winning. Several times. None of these times I got to actually win, because she took the entire deck, started laughing hysterically, and shuffled them all up.

"NO NO NO NO WE'RE STARTING A NEW GAME!"

At points when I brought up the fact that I was legitimately winning, she just looked up from her hand, and gutturally laughed "HAR HAR HAR."

She is a beautiful, entertaining flower.

To be fair Crazy Eights is totally bullshit.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, playing Starcraft is not fun when it is against people who are just head and shoulders above you. Makes you feel like you are wasting your time. Look I am not a competitive asshole, but come on, I want at least a slim chance at victory.

God it always sucked playing against those people who are both MTG douchebags and fucker who owns every card ever rolled into one. Makes you really question whether or not you should continue playing the game.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, reading back on the thread, boardgames can be fun or rage inducing, but you really have to go in with the right mindset. I find I have to check myself so that I don't get too competitive in them.

Some of the randomness of the games piss me off. Getting bad rolls in Risk used to make me rage. Getting bad rolls using the pop-o-matic bubble in Trouble used to piss me off.

Monopoly can be a lot of fun if you accept bullshit transactions between players. Alliances, loans, giving people monopolies under the provision that you'll never have to pay rent there (or only ever pay original rent). Creating DEATH ALLEYS where people hold their breath as they try desperately to pass through them without bankrupting themselves. Those are awesome games.

Also I've played some drunken Scrabble which is fun. The only rule is that it has to sound like a word. Can you plausibly sound it out? GOOD ENOUGH!

Asiina on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    I'll nerdrage if people go all out against their friends who are new to the game. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's someone else.

Like I only played SSBM with my friend twice, since he would invite people over for video games. Some people never really played video games at all before, while myself and a few others are gamers but don't really take fighting games too seriously. My friend would just destroy us over and over and over again. After about 20 minutes nobody would want to play anymore.

My own experience was actually I was playing starcraft for the first time a couple months ago. The people I was playing with were friends who, like most people, played this extensively forever ago. And with them most of them were fine leaving me alone to go try to figure out the basic mechanics of the game while they all fought each other. Then I'd try to attack someone, fail miserably because I wouldn't upgrade anything at all because I didn't know that such things existed, and it was all in good fun. But a couple of times when we played early on there would be one person who'd attack me right away, so I'd die. Then it's like "well, that was fun getting a game together, I guess I'll just go do something for the next hour while the rest of you have a good time playing."

I just don't understand this mindset, especially when you're playing against friends and not random internet people. Does it make you feel good to completely beat someone who has no idea what they're doing? Competition is good and fun when it's even, but slaughtering new people over and over makes me rage at the people I'm playing with.

I'm guessing they forgot. This is why handicaps are a game's friend.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My ex and I used to play Starcraft. He was really good and I was just starting out.... come to think of it, this was the only time I had any sort of nerd rage.

Anyway, I'd be building my shit all happily and what not, and he'd just come over and fuckin'... annihilate me completely before I accomplished anything. Drove me up a wall, and I stopped playing with him. I wanna start back up again though. I loved that game.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Asiina wrote: »

The flip side of this can be fucking excellent if the people who know what they're doing leave those who don't alone, or teams are picked such that the weak players on either team can fight each other and the strong players do the same. One of the coolest games I had was a 2v2v2v2 free for all where I protected my ally, somebody who didn't really know what he was doing. After a while people got distracted and stopped going for him, and we all engaged in this long war of attrition. Then he showed up with 20 battlecruisers and killed everybody while I cheered from the sidelines.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    God it always sucked playing against those people who are both MTG douchebags and fucker who owns every card ever rolled into one. Makes you really question whether or not you should continue playing the game.

and then you realize that the answer is yes. Yes you should quit playing that game. I quit when I got beat by a 12 year old that apparently had infinite disposable income.

Plus that game has the card one upping thing going on all the time. Old card decay. Fuck that game.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited October 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

and then you realize that the answer is yes. Yes you should quit playing that game. I quit when I got beat by a 12 year old that apparently had infinite disposable income.

Plus that game has the card one upping thing going on all the time. Old card decay. Fuck that game.

God I know. I argue that it would be a damn fun game if the playerbase wasn't filled to the brim with jackass douchebags whose only goal in life was to ensure the game was fun for no one but themselves.

edited October 2009
    My ex and I used to play Starcraft. He was really good and I was just starting out.... come to think of it, this was the only time I had any sort of nerd rage.

Anyway, I'd be building my shit all happily and what not, and he'd just come over and fuckin'... annihilate me completely before I accomplished anything. Drove me up a wall, and I stopped playing with him. I wanna start back up again though. I loved that game.

Man you don't Zerg rush your girlfriend. That's not classy at all.

King Riptor on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Once my friend wanted to play some Starcraft with me. We did some games against the AI and then he wanted to play against me. I promised him I wouldn't play Zerg.

Instead I went Protoss, and cannon rushed him. I didn't actually kill him, as I could have easily, but I placed them on the opposite side of a bridge, preventing his workers and units to go out to expand easily.

I kept a few probes floating around to keep it all repaired, and invested the next ten minutes in building up an enormous group of carriers, and then flying a corsair into his base, stasis-ing all his units and teleporting the carriers in to rape him.

Immediately afterwards he calls me up and is screaming at me about how unfair it was. I just said "Dude, I gave you ten minutes."

DarkPrimus on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    logic7 wrote: »
    UT99 is pure killing, I love it for that reason (it's also the reason I prefer Quakeworld to all others except Q3A). UT2004 added too much crap. Onslaught is cool and probably the only worthy addition.
    You are absolutely wrong. Bombing Run is the greatest online playstyle ever created.

Whenever I nerdrage, it comes directly from feeling like I have had my time wasted. If I play games for a fair and balanced pickup match, and a bunch of teamstackers or cheaters ruin a round or three, it's basically like my time was just totally and irretrievably spent on nothing good.

edit: it's also the reason why I think unlockables are generally fucking terrible ideas. I just want to use the items/abilities from the get-go, you jackasses. The only exception to this is in single player when those things will become available through progressing naturally.

SithDrummer on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My first experience of that way high level starcraft play was with the real deal, Koreans.

Right after I got here, some of the male teachers from my school found out I played Starcraft (like 8 years ago), and said we should go to a pc bang (those cafes of nothing but dudes playing starcraft) and play.

So we go, and start a match, and I am of course totally owned in like 3 minutes. It was embarassing. My Korean buddies just kept playing, so I played some CoD 4 in Korean for a while.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, playing Starcraft is not fun when it is against people who are just head and shoulders above you. Makes you feel like you are wasting your time. Look I am not a competitive asshole, but come on, I want at least a slim chance at victory.

I tended to have a pretty slim collection when I played. I kept around a current deck or two for standard, one for extended and had a moderate-sized trading folder. When my collection was stolen, I just started drafting. I was also a massive MTG douchebag insofar as I look down my nose on people who don't get how the rules work or what constitutes a decent deck.

I kindasorta nerdraged today when I was playing Settlers online. Someone smacked me with the robber when I was on seven points and the other person was at 12 in a 15 point game.

I was all, "12>7 are you fucking blind"

Yeah, sure showed him!

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    My first experience of that way high level starcraft play was with the real deal, Koreans.

Right after I got here, some of the male teachers from my school found out I played Starcraft (like 8 years ago), and said we should go to a pc bang (those cafes of nothing but dudes playing starcraft) and play.

So we go, and start a match, and I am of course totally owned in like 3 minutes. It was embarassing. My Korean buddies just kept playing, so I played some CoD 4 in Korean for a while.

Stuff like this is why I'm scared to try Starcraft 2. Korean Ubergamers are like our Ivan Drago

King Riptor on
    edited October 2009
    At least with Starcraft 2 you will have casual gamers who haven't played SC for 10 years and will beat you into the ground so fast and usually be an asshole about it.

• CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well honestly, I don't think most of Korea will jump on SC2 as fast as everyone thinks. With the new battle.net stuff it will be hella expensive for all these pc bangs to get all those copies, since they can't just pirate one copy on their 50 machines.

Plus, no one here I've asked seems to even know it exists.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are stories where you raged out on a nerd okay?

Because man this one time...

I used to be part of the anime club at the local university. This was back in the day before you could buy a DVD box set in Best Buy or hit the torrentubes for shit. Back in the day, the best way to watch the latest annie-mays was to import them and get some dudes you know who speak Japanese to subtitle them.

That was how the club operated. As a result, I got to watch some cool shit years before it came out in North America.

Anyway, the one time, at the club, there's this greasy fat fuck who is talking to two other people about this idea he has: the club should start showing hentai. But not just any hentai, but lolicon! (Don't google that shit, kids, I'll explain if you don't know).

Hentai is anime porn. Lolicon is anime child porn. It is pornography featuring animated children being raped by tentacles or whatever the fuck.

The legality of lolicon is sorta shaky, and varies pretty wildly by area. The people he was talking to were like "uhhh, eehhhh" and sort shifting uncomfortably and the dude was like "What? There's nothing wrong with it! Plus, it'll freak out the mundanes and keep idiots and ignorant people away from the club."

I walked up and was like "What the fucking fuck?" and he says "There's nothing wrong with lolicon, it's no worse than any other kind of porn, it's not like they are real children"

I am visibly repulsed, tell him to shut up, that his ideas are terrible, etc. and he gets all huffy and is like "Well, I like lolicon and what're you gonna do about it? It's not illegal"

So I, sadly, raged the fuck out and he joined the Nation's Punched.

Was my behavior right or acceptable? Eh... not really. But I didn't really feel bad about it at the time (felt pretty good!) and even now I sort of shrug at my actions.

Anyway, so, dude is teared up after gettin' popped and is all "You dick! I'll call the cops, that's assault" and I tell him to go ahead.

Call the cops! Tell them why I hit you. Explain your wonderful plan to show animated child porn at a public university club. I'm sure they'll cuff me right away for crackin' you one in the mouth!

He stormed off, holding back tears, and he never came back to the club again.

TL;DR me and a dude have an argument over animes, I rage out and punch him.

Pony on
    edited October 2009
    Pony you use your fist for Justice.

Also I would have punched the ass for calling people mundanes.

King Riptor on
    edited October 2009
    You were a little bit wrong. I am not gonna judge you and say I would have done differently because I probably wouldn't have. The guy sounded like a sick fuck who shouldn't be out in public.

edited October 2009
    At least with Starcraft 2 you will have casual gamers who haven't played SC for 10 years and will beat you into the ground so fast and usually be an asshole about it.

Well Game Informer made the editing tools sound like the second coming so the actual game is sort of an aside for me. Still I'd like to be somewhat decent in a game I own.

King Riptor on
    edited October 2009
    You were a little bit wrong. I am not gonna judge you and say I would have done differently because I probably wouldn't have. The guy sounded like a sick fuck who shouldn't be out in public.

Yeah, just popping a guy for being a disgusting bastard isn't really morally right. At the same time, it was an emotional response and there's lots of people who would've done the same (or worse!) in my position.

Still, it is some pretty nerdy rage.

Pony on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Well Game Informer made the editing tools sound like the second coming so the actual game is sort of an aside for me. Still I'd like to be somewhat decent in a game I own.

I probably spent more time in StarEdit (actually various improved and modified versions of it) than playing multiplayer on Battle.net.

I have a folder full of Starcraft single-player campaigns, various maps, and third-party editing tools. Do you know how large this folder is?
    It is 2 gigabytes.

DarkPrimus on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    one year, right before summer, our middle school let us nerds take reign over the library and it's many TVs and set up DDR, guitar hero, and xboxes all over the damn place.
    now, i had been playing halo 2 for probably 2 years at that point, online, pretty much everyday. i was, and i say this with a grimace, easily the best in my school. but one 'friend' (y'know, the kid who sits with your friends and is buddies with everyone else but you are just kinda not really friends?) always trashed talked me and said he could woop me bad at halo. but, he didn't play online. he was a halo nerd, for sure. he read the books, had shirts, and bought my copy of halo PC for $35 when i got it for much cheaper. but he just didn't know. once you played online it became another game.
    so the day comes where in the library, he plops down next to me and plugs in his stupid duke controller (yeah, he was one of those kids), and said "IT'S ON".
    so, it was on. i quickly choose a downloadable map he had never played, and put it on snipers. i beat him 10-0. he calls bullshit, and demands to choose the map and gametype! so i comply, letting him set it to rockets only on ivory tower. :/
    i get a killing spree on him and then, he runs RIGHT IN MY FACE and suicides to kill me. as soon as he did, he fucking laughed like he had just slipped poison into my drink; "OH SNAP GUESS IT'S ON NOW FOR REAL HUH" he smirked at me. at this point i hopped onto a tree and camped the shit out of him. 3 or so matches later he hasn't killed me since. he's turning pretty red as the whole time he was making a big stink about how cheap i was being and blah blah
    so finally, he puts it on swords on lockout, and he gets a decent kill streak of 3 on me, and this is where he really loses it
    "OH YEAAH, HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW??? CAN'T HANDLE MY SWORD BITCH???"
    at this point i just reach out and turn off the xbox and start packing it up. he starts cat calling me and saying "oh baby can't take a loss HAAHAA"
    let me preface the next part with saying i have never fought with anyone physically of my own will, and when i have been in fights i get hurt. bad.
    i then stepped up to this kid, this fucking freckled little snot, grabbed his stupid fucking controller and SMASHED it onto the ground. stomped on it once or twice for good measure, and then picked up a few bits and threw them in his face calling CUNTSHITFUCKERASSDICKFUCKINGGINGERASSDOGRAPIST
    this was pretty much the only time i got suspended, easily the lamest reason anyone has ever been suspended. and my parents made me buy him a new controller.
    also now the school doesn't allow free days like that anymore. it's good knowing my legacy of nerd rage is kept in tact.

Local H Jay on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am an extra help tutor for computer science at a large university. Generally, the kids I help are pretty normal, but about once a week I get one of these weirdos coming in. Different each time but always male, this guy is every nerd from your high school with a star trek insignia on his shirt and a self-diagnosis of Asperger's. He thinks he's god's gift to computer programming because can think more logically than anyone else.

Normally I deal with these kids by treating them the way they want to be treated. I breeze up to them and talk as though the class is a waste of their time. I act as though the assignment is very simple with the exception of one or two tricks the teacher threw in that you'd only know from experience. This is a lie of course. All the assignments are incredibly straightforward.

This technique doesn't work forever, I've learned. So a few days ago I'm setting up before a tutoring session. A student walks in wearing an orange jumpsuit. What? I look again. That's not just an orange jumpsuit, but an entire Naruto costume, headband and all! This guy walks right past the sign in sheet and stands next to me silently. I begin to look for the cameras. Finding none, I turn around to face him. Clearly Naruto does not enjoy bathing. His hair full of enough grease for a batch of french fries.

I ask him to sign in, take a seat and get his laptop set up. After a minute of people coming in, the session starts and I head over to the leaf ninja and ask him what the problem is, using my normal routine for… unusual students. He says he "doesn't get it". That can mean anything. I take a look at the assignment. It's a simple exercise using recursion to generate a puzzle. It's the first assignment of the year requiring some programming talent and not just forcing it with a gigantic series of if-statements. I explain the premise of the assignment and move on to other students. I check back periodically, all but giving the solution to the recursion in bits and pieces.

Two hours later, I head back over to Naruto for one last crack at it before the session ends. He's visibly agitated, the thing is due at midnight. I sit down and explain how the algorithm should work. He finally yells "BUT HOW, I DON'T KNOW!" in the loudest, nerdiest voice I've ever heard. The room falls silent. I try my best to ignore what just happened. I explain again and ask for confirmation that he understands at each logical step. Apparently this was far too much for him to bear. He stands up and yells "I'M DONE WITH THIS FUCKING THING". At this point I am backing away.

He picks up his backpack, rips it open, and tries to shove his anime-sticker-covered laptop in without closing it all the way. The screen catches on the outside, so Naruto, using the power of his ninjutsu, pushes down with all his strength. The screen opens up past 90 degrees and I hear a sickening crack as it goes dark. It's still plugged in, mind you. He grabs the power brick and shoves it in also, leaving the mains cord behind. He storms out of the room, swinging the backpack over his shoulder. Having not closed it properly, the laptop, which was hanging out already, goes flying out and crashes to the floor along with a few books. The screen hits first and the thing snaps in half properly. He chokes out a cry of rage ("SASUKE!"), turns around, and kicks the laptop at the door. There are tears. Everyone is staring.

I walk up and hand him his two books off the floor. I did my best nonjudgmental face as I handed them to him. He took them and ran. I then turned to the room, biting my lip, and asked if anyone else needed help.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I lost it at "SASUKE!"

SithDrummer on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Among other reasons, people like that are why I stopped learning Japanese.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited October 2009
    I lost it at "SASUKE!"

The implications of what he did in private with that Laptop are staggering.

King Riptor on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    So I, sadly, raged the fuck out and he joined the Nation's Punched.

No matter how many times I see that phrase, it never fails to put a smile on my face and a spring to my step.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • GatsuiokiGatsuioki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok, so me and my close friends play Melee at an extremely high level and the rape between us goes back and forth. So occasionally, one of us will go into a nerdrage.

They all say I have the best ones, so I'll start with mine.

The most memorable among them must've been my Sheik swim. Now, I main Ganondorf, and this was back before we were really good. So someone counter-picking Sheik against me was mad weak. To give you a scope of how broken Ganondorf vs Sheik is, she can gimp your third jump from down-B really easily, out prioritizes most of your moves, and can just straight up duck your grab into a down-tilt, forward-tilt, LOLSKILL Forward Air auto-combo, and can combo out of her dash attack.

Anyway, so we're just smashing hardcore again (we smash for several hours at a time, longest we went was something like 12-13 hours) and of course Sheik comes along bam bam bam I get raped all over, three stocked over and over. Till finally I die on FD. I flip the fuck out and start swimming across the room (Sheik's dash attack looks vaguely like she's swimming) yelling "SKILL! SKILL!"

My friends are in tears and bring it up as the best moment, but they have theirs as well.

Now, to start this next one. One of my best friends (in this circle of friends) is black.

So he's chilling at my house and we're having another HUGE Smash session, from like 5 PM to 4 AM.

I'm fucking pummeling him straight up for the entire duration, when suddenly out of nowhere when I rape him again he just yells at me and says "Black curse!"

We both laugh for quite a bit after that, and he rolls home later at like 11:00.

Week later we're smashing as per usual and he is RAPING my shit sideways. He just laughs and says "Black curse dude."

"'Yeah what the fuck man? Delayed curses? This is some bullshit."

Last one for now, and short. I'm playing Ness, and one of my best friends is playing Link. It's 1 to 1, last stock. I get him off the edge, and he tries to recover with Up-B and I continually just mash down-tilt (Ness' is lightning fast) and he literally cannot get up for 300%. He throws his controller across the room and turns off the game.

We laughed pretty hard about it later.

Gatsuioki on
    TDOT on Man vs Discovery Channel
    "Alright fuckers, I'm in charge now.

From here on, every week is Shark Week."
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Whoa. That's the kind of hardcore gaming I could never do. Ever. o_O

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • TonyTheLeperTonyTheLeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Unlucky wrote: »

I'm glad i'm not the only one who just had their past gaming history re-evaluated after reading that post

TonyTheLeper on
    edited October 2009
    Unlucky wrote: »

Melee is the hardest of core.

King Riptor on
    edited October 2009
    Melee is the hardest of core.

Word.

Gatsuioki on

edited October 2009
    smash players try really hard to have as much obtuse lingo as possible to distract themselves from how needlessly hardcore they are getting about a game of mario and link punching each other for giggles
    8-)

Pony on
    edited October 2009
    <3.

Gatsuioki on