As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't find my santa-ed dove anywhere (my computer must have eaten it!). Now that I've sent off my Santees gifts, could some very clever person please santa hat me?
    Thank you xoxoxoxo

LewPsMumAva.pngLewPsMumAva2.png

I love doing christmas avatars. It's like little bursts of cheer.
    Second one's not as clean around the cane but I can fix it up if you like.

Well...if you love doing them...

Think you could Santa-fy my Lady Gaga av?

You've had quite a few variations over the last month or so, is there a specific one you want me to santafy?
    The one with the Penis.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I really hope my santee likes his stuff, I'm not really into the kind of gaming he does, so I don't know what is cool or not.

Also, I hope he is not going to be a deadbeat. I haven't seen him in here for a while.

EDIT: Plus, it will not be a PS3 :( I don't have much money these days, sadly.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nobody should feel bad for not sending a PS3! The expensive awesome presents don't raise the bar, they simply fly over it.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't find my santa-ed dove anywhere (my computer must have eaten it!). Now that I've sent off my Santees gifts, could some very clever person please santa hat me?
    Thank you xoxoxoxo

LewPsMumAva.pngLewPsMumAva2.png

I love doing christmas avatars. It's like little bursts of cheer.
    Second one's not as clean around the cane but I can fix it up if you like.

Well...if you love doing them...

Think you could Santa-fy my Lady Gaga av?

You've had quite a few variations over the last month or so, is there a specific one you want me to santafy?

I switched back to this one because it seems like it'd be the easiest to do. So, this one!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nobody should feel bad for not sending a PS3! The expensive awesome presents don't raise the bar, they simply fly over it.

Well said, now if only your American postal service would hurry up and deliver my santee's present.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    FreeBryd!FreeBryd! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    alright santee, its on the way!

FreeBryd! on
    theaterseats.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How would I go about seeing what games my santee has for PS3? Does Sony have a similar feature like Microsoft's online gamertag search?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    How would I go about seeing what games my santee has for PS3? Does Sony have a similar feature like Microsoft's online gamertag search?

You have their address, right? Just break into his house.
    At night would probably be best, so he doesn't learn your identity...

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

If you know their ID, you can put it in like this:
    http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/JackDRipper7

This is a friend of mine, as I do not have a PS3. Then you can see what trophies they have and pretty much see a games list of what they own.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

If you know their ID, you can put it in like this:
    http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/JackDRipper7

This is a friend of mine, as I do not have a PS3. Then you can see what trophies they have and pretty much see a games list of what they own.

That worked.. sorta. Thanks!

Santee: Your shit is all wrapped/packed up. I just need to add the letter and mail it off tomorrow. 7 business days puts it there around the 15th. Are you excited? Because I'm scared of things getting broken.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Note that some games don't have trophies, like Afrika, or had them patched in later, like Uncharted 1. So a trophy list isn't a 100% guarantee.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a nice surprise yesterday. I got a package from my Secret Santa. From the weight of the package, it felt like a single game. I thought to myself, "Sweet. Something to play this weekend."

I open it up and am thrown aback by the wrapping paper.
    DSCF4980-1.jpg

Mother fucking shit.

I start to wonder what game it could possibly be. I had already played Sonic 2006, so it had to be worse than that. I honestly was stump. Can you guess? Here are some review excerpts for the game:
    IGN wrote:
    Paying $49.99 for this is senseless. Unless you're a game design student studying how to ruin a franchise or how not to bring your game into the next generation, then do not buy, rent, or hesitate to walk away from this game.
    Gamespot wrote:
    With only a couple of modes, no offline multiplayer, no save system, and a weak and repetitive single-player game, it has less to offer than many free demos on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Have you guessed it yet? Maybe this will give it away.
    1UP wrote:
    It's one thing to mess up Bomberman; it's another to disown him.

Oh yeah.
    DSCF4988-1.jpg

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I see you've not played it yet, either.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    I see you've not played it yet, either.

I'm taking off the shrink wrap right now.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That is fucking awesome.

It's like your Secret Santa is Simon Gruber.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My santee doesn't post very frequently, but they should have received my gift on Friday. I hope UPS is not lying about the successful delivery.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    I got a nice surprise yesterday. I got a package from my Secret Santa. From the weight of the package, it felt like a single game. I thought to myself, "Sweet. Something to play this weekend."

I open it up and am thrown aback by the wrapping paper.
    DSCF4980-1.jpg

Mother fucking shit.

I start to wonder what game it could possibly be. I had already played Sonic 2006, so it had to be worse than that. I honestly was stump. Can you guess? Here are some review excerpts for the game:
    IGN wrote:
    Paying $49.99 for this is senseless. Unless you're a game design student studying how to ruin a franchise or how not to bring your game into the next generation, then do not buy, rent, or hesitate to walk away from this game.
    Gamespot wrote:
    With only a couple of modes, no offline multiplayer, no save system, and a weak and repetitive single-player game, it has less to offer than many free demos on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Have you guessed it yet? Maybe this will give it away.
    1UP wrote:
    It's one thing to mess up Bomberman; it's another to disown him.

Oh yeah.
    DSCF4988-1.jpg

haha awesome

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I almost want to try Bomberman to see if it's really that bad.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    y8luws4

?
    Awesome photoshop from GAF.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I haven't recieved anything from my Santa yet, but I wasn't expecting to get anything yet either. Right now I'm hoping my Santee will not have any problems getting the package I sent. It's been about two weeks and I'm worried that customs might frig around with it since I fudged the values on the form (otherwise my Santee would have to pay duty on it).

Norfair on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I missed off 2 things from my customs form - I forgot about them! And one thing I described as string, cos that's what it is, really! Play.com say they've posted the last bit out tom me, but then so have ethicalsuperstore.com, and its not arrived yet :( I'll have to see what tomorrow's post brings...

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This game sucks but isn't worse than Sonic 2006.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm done. I got up to stage 77 before I died. I got reckless near the end. The AI is retarded plain and simple. It's not aware of your presence in the lower levels and pretty much relies on group bombardment tactics at the higher ones.

Without getting too much into the minutiae of the mechanics, it's safe to say that the achievements you can get are easy but time consuming. The online achievements are impossible since no one else will ever play this game at the same time as you will. Even if they did, some are just downright masochistic (100 time up draws).

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't know about that. I mean, we all expected Sonic 2006 to suck. It's just the way the universe works. But a GRIMDARK XTREME Bomberman?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't know about that. I mean, we all expected Sonic 2006 to suck. It's just the way the universe works. But a GRIMDARK XTREME Bomberman?

Act Zero isn't a broken piece of shit like Sonic 2006 is. The problem with Act Zero is that it's mind numbingly boring. The graphics are bland along with the atrocious color hue. The game never changes. It's the same shit over and over until you wise up and turn off the game.

Sonic 2006 is still worse than Act Zero from a gameplay perspective. There aren't any fucked up physics, retarded jumps, a shitty camera (though First Person Bomber is a retarded mode and isn't in first person), horrible story, and so on.

Really, Sonic 2006 is still to me the bottom of the barrel in terms of 360 games.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I should also emphasize that just because Act Zero isn't worse than Sonic 2006, it doesn't mean that it still isn't one of the worse 360 games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. The only solace I have is that I didn't pay for it, but that only means my Santa is a jackass.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Irony is a harsh mistress.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Your Santa is awesome, Shady.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    shit just got real

Sent'd

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Unless he or she (equal opportunity) sends me a real gift (I rather have gotten a STD), I'll reserve my judgment.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Unless he or she (equal opportunity) sends me a real gift (I rather have gotten a STD), I'll reserve my judgment.

I'm quite sure that this game doesn't exceed the $20 limit, so yeah, expect a real gift from your Santa.

edit: beside, weren't you planning to do the exact same thing to your Santee?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oh god your little XBL Sig is tainted by that game now.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I'm quite sure that this game doesn't exceed the $20 limit, so yeah, expect a real gift from your Santa.

Seriously, I can't tell if Shady is being serious. Either way it's hysterical.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is Bomberman so bad that it zaps the christmas cheer?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    At least it's a new game(I think). I got something worth less than that two years back, and it didn't really bother me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's actually a 3 year old game.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I'm sure my Santa never meant this to be my real gift. If it is then I do have to say that I'll watch what I say next time.

As for making my Santee play a bad game, I had said it in jest and never really planned to do it. Otherwise, you would have seen someone else talking up another bad game by now.
    Seriously, I can't tell if Shady is being serious. Either way it's hysterical.

If it's my real gift, then it's by far the worst gift ever in the history of forever.
    Oh god your little XBL Sig is tainted by that game now.

Probably as bad as when I had Sonic 2006 in rotation. :?

On a final note, if my Santa is done "gifting" me you can step forward so I can punch you in the throat. Otherwise, what's your goal for me? This game never ends in a sense.
    Arikado wrote: »
    It's actually a 3 year old game.

That's true, but if he meant new condition then he is right which actually shocked me since I hope my Santa didn't pay more than $5.
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Is Bomberman so bad that it zaps the christmas cheer?

Like I said, Sonic 2006 is definitely the cheer zapper when it comes to bad 360 games. At least this doesn't drag on for nearly 20 grueling hours.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure no self-respecting Santa would subject someone to just that, so I think you can stop worrying and/or threatening bodily harm. :P

And yeah, it's new condition. I received something along the lines of two used DVDs, a CD-R, and some candy. I didn't mind at the time because I hadn't gotten an actual gift in years.

And because the Secret Santa from another board made up for it in spades.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If anyone wants to play Act Zero multiplayer, shoot me an invite.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure no self-respecting Santa would subject someone to just that, so I think you can stop worrying and/or threatening bodily harm. :P

I'm just teasing my Santa the only way I know which is idle threats.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If anyone wants to play Act Zero multiplayer, shoot me an invite.

Oh God

If I didn't love my sig so much I'd sig this

I'm highly tempted

UnbreakableVow on