Options

PAX East Costumes '10?

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    arg! damage to my Codex costume outer skirt. I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a sheer skirt? :?

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @rainbowtunnel I shall be at the Keynote as well ... and I'm planning on checking out the Penny Arcade panel at 4 right after ... so ... around 5:15, perhaps?
    @zerohourhero Oh pooh.
    @wingedillidan The more the merrier!
    @minitfresh Oh, sweet!

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aw. Does anyone want to do an alternate meet on Saturday?

Heleor on
  • Options
    SolanjeySolanjey Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Heleor wrote: »

I say 3:30 on Saturday, but I don't know where. I've never been to Hynes before. Is there a main lobby or something?

Solanjey on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Solanjey wrote: »
    Heleor wrote: »

I say 3:30 on Saturday, but I don't know where. I've never been to Hynes before. Is there a main lobby or something?

If you look at the map here, you can find the main lobby to the left of the Registration... As for the Saturday thing, I could do that as well.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay so 5:15pm for photoshoot on Friday and 3:30pm for Saturday?
    Both can start in the main lobby, and if it's nice out we might also want to go in the courtyard.
    I'll update the first post to add these, and if there are changes we can make them.

@Mintifresh: your costumes look fabulous! Though I'm not sure how much individual attention everyone will recieve, if you want to take photographs (without con-goers in the background) with other cosplayers, I'm sure we could arange something. : )

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    BallisticChickBallisticChick Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah - My friends and I will be dressing up on Saturday, so can meet up then. I think 3:30 sounds fine.

@lkhushrenada: The afterparty is starting at 8pm, here's the link to the site with details:
    www.2old2play.com/News/2o2p___PAX_East____The_Details

BallisticChick on
  • Options
    WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just a quick reminder, we will be having a costume contest at our Gamers Gone Wild Party. First place men's and women's costumes will get a Rock Band II bundle from Harmonix. Details on our event below.

Gamers Gone Wild

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sounds wonderful, Waterborn.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Down to the wire and I still don't know if I want to cosplay as anything. I might throw together a Star Trek tee shirt tonight, and I'm working on an Enforcer dress. I doubt I'll dress as Starbuck though... the tattoo is difficult to pull off without time to do henna beforehand. If the dress turns out alright tonight I'll take pics and post them!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Both can start in the main lobby, and if it's nice out we might also want to go in the courtyard.
    I'll update the first post to add these, and if there are changes we can make them.

@Mintifresh: your costumes look fabulous! Though I'm not sure how much individual attention everyone will recieve, if you want to take photographs (without con-goers in the background) with other cosplayers, I'm sure we could arange something. : )

This is for l4d cosplay right? Also my styrofoam guns are almost done. They look fake enough to pass security and they look enough like guns for people to know what they are.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    edited March 2010

This is for l4d cosplay right? Also my styrofoam guns are almost done. They look fake enough to pass security and they look enough like guns for people to know what they are.

This is for all cosplays, methinks - anyone who wants to come, can.
    I don't know how many people will be cosplaying at PAX East, being the weekend before Anime Boston and all, but I think it's safe to say there will be more cosplayers than west cost PAX with the timing of the event.
    If we want to have a separate L4D photoshoot, we could arrange for one, but we might want to hold off to the actual con to see who's going as what (because most of them won't be on the forums).

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    TedeviumTedevium Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Myself and a couple friends will be in BlazBlue and/or Advance Wars over the weekend and others will also have something from Warioware and Mass Effect so be on the lookout! (Still have no idea what to wear which day ><)

Oh and pokemon gijinka for thursday's pokecrawl of course =D

Tedevium on
  • Options
    StacMaster-SStacMaster-S Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be there wearing a Towering Pillar of Hat from Team Fortress 2!

If you spot me say hello and you can get some free swag from Halolz/Ninja-Bot!

REFERENCE: http://www.halolz.com/2010/03/24/towering-pillar-of-hats/

StacMaster-S on
  • Options
    NintendoFanGirlNintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Waterborn wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder, we will be having a costume contest at our Gamers Gone Wild Party. First place men's and women's costumes will get a Rock Band II bundle from Harmonix. Details on our event below.

Gamers Gone Wild

Sounds great, too bad it's 21+. :\

Anyway, a friend and I will be attending as Link and Medli from Wind Waker on Saturday, and another *secret* cosplay on Friday/Sunday - also from a Zelda game.

Any other Zelda cosplayers?

NintendoFanGirl on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DISREGUARD THIS POST.
    I thought we had a new breakthrough, but I counted my chicks before they hatched, so nevermind.
    Witch is still on.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hope everyone is ready for tomorrow! 5:15 PM in the main lobby!
    And, sadly, I won't be cosplaying all three days. Just Friday. But I'll still be wearind my Chucks and carrying around the 3D and regular glasses, Sonic Screwdriver, and Psychic Paper for the rest of the con. :)

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!
    You'll be able to tell who I am - the witch from l4d with short brown hair...... xDD

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be going Saturday as Neku from TWEWY. I'll have Red Skull pins with me xD had them from another convention and figured I'd get rid of them.

ROFL on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    HAPPY PAX!!!!!

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    OriginalGmanOriginalGman JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ROFL wrote: »
    I'll be going Saturday as Neku from TWEWY. I'll have Red Skull pins with me xD had them from another convention and figured I'd get rid of them.

I'd love to meet up with any TWEWY cosplayers for a few pics. Looks like I'll be wearing my Persona 4 costume definitely Saturday, and maybe tonight too.

OriginalGman on
  • Options
    luceklucek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm going on the light side of things. I'm just going to carry a homemade CBT katana.
    Picture001.jpg?t=1269621207
    For that matter I refuse to have it Peacebond. :P

lucek on
  • Options
    KoalaKoala Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Saw mario walking around the mall.

Koala on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's all about the Dark Mages nowa.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i am with link. wind waker version. find us.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The Doctor is waiting by the 1st floor escalators.

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ... Where is everyone?!

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In the food court, apparently cosplaying makes you hungry.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In the food court, apparently cosplaying makes you hungry.
    Okay then. If the cosplayers from this thread are still at the Food Court, the Doctor shall return in 15 or so.

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah ... waiting on line for the concert. Anyone else there?
    And as for tomorrow ... I'll probably chill with you guys around 3:30 before heading out for a bit. No costume, sadly. But I'll still have my Doctorly goods.

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Where exactly are we meeting - by the coat check, by the merch table, or somewhere else?

(I just finished my cosplay for tomorrow - excited.)

Heleor on
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Which one of you guys is the witch that was running and screaming up and down the hall?

Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ROFL wrote: »

I'd love to meet up with any TWEWY cosplayers for a few pics. Looks like I'll be wearing my Persona 4 costume definitely Saturday, and maybe tonight too.

I think it's just me, but I wouldn't mind meeting up. I'll be at the meet up and after that I think I'm free before that too

ROFL on
  • Options
    The Pajama GuyThe Pajama Guy Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I would have been there today if I knew exactly where it was.

The Pajama Guy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How's about by the Food Court/escalators?

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And I'm wearing "It Came Out of Nowhere" from Shirt.Woot. http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=8298

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AWESOME http://twitpic.com/1ba7an (Automata)

going to look thru thread for more, this one was so nice to see coming down the escalator

karlthepagan on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Which one of you guys is the witch that was running and screaming up and down the hall?

That would be meeeee : )

@ Karlthepagan: Were you the guy cosplaying?

BTW guys, I'm so so so sorry I didn't get to the Friday meetup! I suddenly realized it was 5:30pm and basically ran to the main lobby, but no one was there. And then I got kicked back into the center because of my "attire" (lol).

I have a request - can everyone upload their pictures somewhere accessible and post the link? I want to see everyone's costumes, especially because I couldn't make it today!

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was so bummed I didn't make the photoshoot today O-O I was confused.. I was in the right place, at the time posted as of yesterday. And no one else was there (except the group with Marluxia!) so I was sort of disappointed :/

maybe next time. I'll be Neku again tomorrow, but I'll be passing out O-Pins (the red skull pins) from TWEWY, so if you see me, let me know and I'll give you a pin!

ROFL on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!
    You'll be able to tell who I am - the witch from l4d with short brown hair...... xDD

Don't know if you made it to the Make-A-Strip today, but Gabe & Tycho told the story of you screaming and chasing down the guy who bonked you on the head with an nvidia inflatable. One o the security guards apparently was dumbfounded as to how to respond. :)

wonderpug on
This discussion has been closed.