As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Large [chat]dron Collider

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    kakos do you play BC2

I does. Why you ask?

on the 360?

EDIT: Aw.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Cat wrote: »
    Facebook is not the place to find people to participate in logical debates.

I swear, every time I click on chat there's someone having political dramas on FB. Is this a thing now?

People are terrible at choosing their friends.

Thomamelas on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Kakos is a PC guy, though. :(

Not true, actually. I'm a Mac guy, remember. If a game comes out on a console and the PC, I'll usually get it on the console. My exception is FPSes because I'm just used to them. However, my Macbook Pro runs BC2 so shittily, I've actually been pondering getting it on consoles.

Premier kakos on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I swear, every time I click on chat there's someone having political dramas on FB. Is this a thing now?

I bet we can find 100,000 people who vaguely suspect that the cat only comes into chat to look condescendingly at our northern hemispheric ways.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Kakos is a PC guy, though. :(

Not true, actually. I'm a Mac guy, remember. If a game comes out on a console and the PC, I'll usually get it on the console. My exception is FPSes because I'm just used to them. However, my Macbook Pro runs BC2 so shittily, I've actually been pondering getting it on consoles.

Yes :D

Nerdgasmic on
    edited March 2010
    Kakos are you actually a communist

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I'm having a bad time today. I keep getting weird waves of exhaustion, not just being tired but like "ooh, I'm going to fall asleep right now". It's really odd.

Tumor.

Most likely. I'm going to end it now with a hammer.

have you tried quitting gluten?

Will, even though I know you're joking, the fact that you reminded me that people like this exist makes me send waves of generic rage in your direction.

Hey, let's face it, your tiredness is a form of Autism. And if Jenny is right, she can cure it with some gluten-less food, of course.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited March 2010

my money is on yes. it is a fantastic ideological stance.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited March 2010
    I wish The Cat posted in chat more often.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

I is. Well, that's the short answer. The long answer is a bit more nuanced than that. I'm about to skidattle, so I'll tell you later.

Premier kakos on
    edited March 2010
    I wish The Cat posted in chat more often.

she is pretty rad. but don't tell her that! wouldn't want to positively impact the self esteem of a... woman

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    but the whole "gluten is satan we are not evolved to eat it" while SORTA true is also a huge fallacy and it makes me kinda :?

no it is not sorta true

long story short- yes it is. but also we didn't 'evolve' to eat cooked meat. or soda. or ice cream.

so its still a HUGE logical fallacy

but most wheat and cereal foods are pretty "bad" for people, especially in the amount that we (americans) eat them

they are not the root of all disease in the west for ever and ever, but they are not particularly healthy either

Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm having a bad time today. I keep getting weird waves of exhaustion, not just being tired but like "ooh, I'm going to fall asleep right now". It's really odd.

Tumor.

Most likely. I'm going to end it now with a hammer.

Will, even though I know you're joking, the fact that you reminded me that people like this exist makes me send waves of generic rage in your direction.

sounds like someone needs a chiropractic adjustment!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Its more like, all the people I went to school with (and a LOT of my family) suddenly graduated and became insance right wingers (and....mainly just insane)

also i hate defriending people unless i do not actually know them

most of these people are people i see often enough that it would be weird if i defriended them

Arch on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

No, I'm on a just Pepto Bismol diet at the moment.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Its not my fault you're all in the wrong timezone

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

Frankie tells me that her teabagging co-workers can't help but constantly go on about whatever their thing is on the facebook.

I guess it's kind of an evangelistic movement.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The idea of someone telling me I shouldn't/can't eat bread enrages me more than any facebook political opinion to be honest.

“Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables, the salad but bread is king.”

Louis Bromfield, American novelist (1896-1956)

Ludious on
    edited March 2010
    Is that a real thing, Mojo?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited March 2010
    but the whole "gluten is satan we are not evolved to eat it" while SORTA true is also a huge fallacy and it makes me kinda :?

no it is not sorta true

long story short- yes it is. but also we didn't 'evolve' to eat cooked meat. or soda. or ice cream.

but most wheat and cereal foods are pretty "bad" for people, especially in the amount that we (americans) eat them

they are not the root of all disease in the west for ever and ever, but they are not particularly healthy either

we did evolve to eat what we eat because we can eat them

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited March 2010
    The idea of someone telling me I shouldn't/can't eat bread enrages me more than any facebook political opinion to be honest.

“Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables, the salad but bread is king.”

its not that you SHOULDNT eat bread

just not a million loaves a day

also dude i am italian

90% of my diet is pasta of some sort and I still agree that this is true.

Arch on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

Frankie tells me that her teabagging co-workers can't help but constantly go on about whatever their thing is on the facebook.

Oh god, its chain letters for web2.0 isn't it

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2010

No, I'm on a just Pepto Bismol diet at the moment.

If you wanted the really strong stuff you could dilute it with distilled water a thousand times

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I saw Inglourious Basterds last night. Somehow I missed it at the cinema, possibly because an utterly scathing review I read destroyed my enthusiasm for it. I should know better, but hey.

Anyway. It was pretty good. Some great scenes and some brilliant performances, but a) Mike Myers was distractingly rubbish b) Brad Pitt's gurn face is just silly and c) it just felt like sort of a mismash of stuff rather than the epic WWII movie I wanted.

Lots of fun, though.

Bogart on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is that a real thing, Mojo?

Day 2 - Morning
    My bowels have completely packed up. I can no longer excrete solid matter.

Day 4 - afternoon
    I am in constant pain, it's in my abdomen. I've also gone blind.

Day 5 - Early hours of morning
    My urine has gone pink. I hope it's not blood.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2010

I think maybe it's the Amway of politics

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

no it is not sorta true

we did evolve to eat what we eat because we can eat them

Dude I already admitted it was a logical fallacy; that does not suddenly make cereal grains health food

they aren't bad, but they aren't healthy in huge numbers

why the fuck do you think we have to ENRICH flour?

Arch on
    edited March 2010

also dude i am italian

Are you really?

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2010

yes, and since i can now comment on the chain letters i do so ALL THE FUCKING TIME I CANT STOP HELP ME TAKE FACEBOOKS AWAY

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

its not that you SHOULDNT eat bread

just not a million loaves a day

also dude i am italian

90% of my diet is pasta of some sort and I still agree that this is true.

"Without bread all is misery."

William Cobbett, British journalist (1763?-1835)

Ludious on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I got here as fast as I could.

LARGE HARDON COLLIDER

okay bai now

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010

also dude i am italian

Are you really?

no....

:(

italian american though!

but this is according to my dad who claims his great grandfather came from Sicily

but then again a large concentration of people with my last name live in Sicily so this may not be wrong

Arch on
    edited March 2010
    I saw Inglourious Basterds last night. Somehow I missed it at the cinema, possibly because an utterly scathing review I read destroyed my enthusiasm for it. I should know better, but hey.

Anyway. It was pretty good. Some great scenes and some brilliant performances, but a) Mike Myers was distractingly rubbish b) Brad Pitt's gurn face is just silly and c) it just felt like sort of a mismash of stuff rather than the epic WWII movie I wanted.

Lots of fun, though.

your criticisms are reasonable

but the framing of the movie and use of dialogue really made it work for me.

i love the way that tarantino reaches back for directorial technique

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    It's weird though, Facebook doesn't offer anonymity and presumably the people you would interact with are people you know in real life . . . yet there's crazy all over.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited March 2010

also dude i am italian

Are you really?

no....

italian american though!

but this is according to my dad who claims his great grandfather came from Sicily

but then again a large concentration of people with my last name live in Sicily so this may not be wrong

When your great Grandfather might have come from somewhere, you should probably let it go and just accept you're an American.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2010
    my only criticism of Inglorious Basterds was

suzannah's moment of weakness for german army hero dude. seemed inconsistent to me, and just there for dramatic effect

Arch on
    edited March 2010

also dude i am italian

Are you really?

no....

italian american though!

so your great-great grandfather came from sicily

No offense, but I think I'm that italian too

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited March 2010

also dude i am italian

Are you really?

no....

italian american though!

When your great Grandfather might have come from somewhere, you should probably let it go and just accept you're an American.

I know this.

Doesnt stop me from "living my heritage" and eating spaghetti for dinner monday tuesday wednesday etc repeat

Arch on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bulgarian girl has a great ass. I thought you all should know that.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    also abdhy and mojo CLEARLY are not american as they don't participate in our tradition of "find a country you like that one of your ancestors MAY have come from and claim it as your own"

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.