Options

DPM Fierce [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you read J as the T-Rex from Qwantz...I am suddenly amused.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    i have found myself becoming much less idealistic with regards to gender equality and gender roles and the irrelevance of gender and all of that as i have dated more and gotten older

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I find out that she actually wanted to fuck that night. She just thought that it was her role as a girl to say no, and my role as a guy to take her, and I should have known by what she was doing that she wanted me to. She said that "if I wanted to get laid I had to learn how to be a man, like [her new boyfriend.]"

Let us sit quietly and ponder, for a moment, the degree to which that is fucked the shit up.

Were you dating Ayn Rand?

Winky on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Some games it would really bug me.

If I was playing street fighter or starcraft? Leave my junk alone!

Something mindless like mario galaxy or WoW though? Go to town.

I don't know if I would ever refuse a during-game blow job.

In fact, I most definitely would not.

I don't give a shit if I'm playing Starcraft, I'll just lose that game. I mean, I'd probably lose the game anyway, and in this instance I'm getting fellated.

I would be sure to type that at the end, though.

GG. FYI I was getting blown, but I'm sure you had fun too.

Winky: gg
    Winky: was it good for you too?

fuckin noob rush

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    I think getting sexual favors while playing WoW is weird as hell. I think it's because sex is way more enjoyable like, in a bed, and so it just makes it seem like you're having such a good time levelling in Un'Goro or raiding ICC that you can't tear yourself away for an awesome blowjob.

ICC?

Icecrown Citadel, the latest and greatest raid instance.

I see. I haven't played since Ulduar.

Is it fun?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is it worse than Ulduar?

James on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    fuck

I think I'm going to shell out for a Steve Reich box set

damn yoooooou Podly

you're welcome

don't you go decrying my music taste for a while now

because despite all the shitty music I listen to

I'm still straight up gangsta

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I feel like the first step in looking towards writing for a living is to realize you probably won't be a J.K Rowling or a Stephenie Meyer or a Stephen King or hell, even an Alex Kava or Alice Sebold.

I'd be happy writing things on demand for companies. Product descriptions or whatever.

My greatest hope is that I will never be a Stephanie Meyer.

She's rich as fuck. Say what you will about her books but she could probably buy herself an island and a legion of manslaves and rule it with an iron fist.

I would rather get my dick stabbed off with a spoon than make money writing the cultural and societal atrocities that are the Twilight books.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I would cold write terrible sparkle vampire fiction for a dump-truck full of cash

Yeah. In the same way I can't actually fault blatantly produced and commercialized musicians like boybands and whatnot.

I mean if a record company want to pay me a boatload of money to sing mindless music while they take care of making me look and sound amazing, I'd jump on board.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I feel like the first step in looking towards writing for a living is to realize you probably won't be a J.K Rowling or a Stephenie Meyer or a Stephen King or hell, even an Alex Kava or Alice Sebold.

I'd be happy writing things on demand for companies. Product descriptions or whatever.

There is decent money in contract writing. Sure your books will be panned in the reading thread but it's steady pay.

What is contract writing?

The pulpiest of genre fiction. The Harlequin monthlies, the D&D books, the Murder She Wrote/Popular Mystery TV series tie ins, and the lowliest of them all, Men's Adventure novels. All of it is written on a contract basis. You get a flat rate and you don't own the work anymore. But I'm told it's pretty steady.
    I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for not being interested in oral but that reason is terrible and depressing.

Eh, it sucks but if you can convince one to enjoy it then it can be rather rewarding.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cass I just realized that I sent you a PM with a typo. That first comment should read "I dig", not "I did".

Please except the first joint of my pinky finger in reparation.

TL DR on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Derrida is a genius writer because derrida consciously tries to write in an unspeakable, and possibly even unthinkable, language.

Your definition of "genius" is broken.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ah, capitalism.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would cold write terrible sparkle vampire fiction for a dump-truck full of cash

Yeah. In the same way I can't actually fault blatantly produced and commercialized musicians like boybands and whatnot.

I mean if a record company want to pay me a boatload of money to sing mindless music while they take care of making me look and sound amazing, I'd jump on board.

Yeah, I'd whore myself out for that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

She's rich as fuck. Say what you will about her books but she could probably buy herself an island and a legion of manslaves and rule it with an iron fist.

I would rather get my dick stabbed off with a spoon than make money writing the cultural and societal atrocities that are the Twilight books.

I have no problem selling my integrity for millions of dollars.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

There is decent money in contract writing. Sure your books will be panned in the reading thread but it's steady pay.

What is contract writing?

The pulpiest of genre fiction. The Harlequin monthlies, the D&D books, the Murder She Wrote/Popular Mystery TV series tie ins, and the lowliest of them all, Men's Adventure novels. All of it is written on a contract basis. You get a flat rate and you don't own the work anymore. But I'm told it's pretty steady.
    I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for not being interested in oral but that reason is terrible and depressing.

Eh, it sucks but if you can convince one to enjoy it then it can be rather rewarding.

OH SHIT HARLEQUINS

GETTING IN ON THAT SHIT

Her loins throbbed as Lord Kensington turned a dark eye towards her. "You're late for the exquisite dinner party," he menaced. She quivered both inside and out. Why could she not please the Lord Kensington as she wanted to? And she wanted to please him in oh so many ways.

Then they fuck on a yacht for ten chapters.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

If Twilight didn't exist, those same people would still have had plenty of other terrible books to choose from and probably would have just bought other terrible books.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Derrida is a genius writer because derrida consciously tries to write in an unspeakable, and possibly even unthinkable, language.

Often when I read a book and the language therein is unspeakable and especially unthinkable, I am more inclined to assume the author is retarded.

Winky on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I am by no means a Derrida fan but I am kind of dying to hear in detail what you, _J_, have to say about him. I feel like that even when agreeing with you I would disagree with you.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I seriously think you should try to get some of your unerotica published Cass.

I bet you some interstitial publishers would pick it up or something.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Often when I read a book and the language therein is unspeakable and especially unthinkable, I am more inclined to assume the author is retarded.
    this is generally not the case

Elendil on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I find out that she actually wanted to fuck that night. She just thought that it was her role as a girl to say no, and my role as a guy to take her, and I should have known by what she was doing that she wanted me to. She said that "if I wanted to get laid I had to learn how to be a man, like [her new boyfriend.]"

Let us sit quietly and ponder, for a moment, the degree to which that is fucked the shit up.

The saddest part is the time it took me to reach this conclusion after the fact.

Yeah, that shit is fucked up.

Whenever a girl uses the "be a man" argument I want so badly to say "alright, in being a man, how hard would you like me to hit you?"

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If Twilight didn't exist, those same people would still have had plenty of other terrible books to choose from and probably would have just bought other terrible books.

This is the same logic that hired assassins use. "If it wasn't me doing it, they would hire someone else, so it's not like I'm actually killing them."

For the record I'm halfway joking and would totally write smut if I got paid enough.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I wouldn't go this far, but I would say that the kind of language experiments that Derrida was doing probably more properly belong to the realm of literature and not philosophy. I think this accounts for his popularity in English departments.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

The Twilight books are not boy bands.

The Twilight books represent a commercialization of domestic abuse and gender inequality. Stephanie Meyers and all of the people who made her book series a success are responsible for a serious setback in how a significant number of people view relationships and gender.

If I was responsible for that I would think I had just committed a God damn warcrime.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I fell little loyalty to society. I'm more concerned with my own happiness than society's

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The problem with so much of academic writing is that it doesn't really matter how brilliant your ideas are if you can't communicate them effectively.

Derrida seems like one such case.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    I wouldn't go this far, but I would say that the kind of language experiments that Derrida was doing probably more properly belong to the realm of literature and not philosophy. I think this accounts for his popularity in English departments.

Uh, I think the effects of his theories have stretched out far beyond English departments.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My grandma once told me that a woman is allowed to throw her drink in a man's face or slap him once, and the man is allowed to shake her firmly or block the doors.

That was kinda fucked up.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

This is the same logic that hired assassins use. "If it wasn't me doing it, they would hire someone else, so it's not like I'm actually killing them."

For the record I'm halfway joking and would totally write smut if I got paid enough.

I would write smut for free.

Winky on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys and gals that are awesome

Derrida
    Deleuze
    Foucault
    Butler
    Badiou

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The saddest part is the time it took me to reach this conclusion after the fact.

Whenever a girl uses the "be a man" argument I want so badly to say "alright, in being a man, how hard would you like me to hit you?"

well if they're saying that to you in particular i doubt they're using man as a gender but rather, trying to indicate human as opposed to robot

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Uh, I think the effects of his theories have stretched out far beyond English departments.

Did I imply that his influence was restricted to English departments?

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I fell little loyalty to society. I'm more concerned with my own happiness than society's

If you could become incredibly rich by pretending to be a Republican, would you do it?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My grandma once told me that a woman is allowed to throw her drink in a man's face or slap him once, and the man is allowed to shake her firmly or block the doors.

That was kinda fucked up.

It's funny because she's just describing the confrontation scenes from circa 40s-50s movies.

Winky on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to thank the [chat] thread for once again reminding me why I should never bother with philosophy.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Twilight books are not boy bands.

The Twilight books represent a commercialization of domestic abuse and gender inequality. Stephanie Meyers and all of the people who made her book series a success are responsible for a serious setback in how a significant number of people view relationships and gender.

If I was responsible for that I would think I had just committed a God damn warcrime.

I am really starting to get annoyed with the level of utter ridiculousness the whole gender equality debate has reached on this forum.

Edit: Will said it more tactfully a few posts below this one.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

OH SHIT HARLEQUINS

GETTING IN ON THAT SHIT

Her loins throbbed as Lord Kensington turned a dark eye towards her. "You're late for the exquisite dinner party," he menaced. She quivered both inside and out. Why could she not please the Lord Kensington as she wanted to? And she wanted to please him in oh so many ways.

Then they fuck on a yacht for ten chapters.

Average pay out per book for that is around $4000. I'd churn those novels out like butter if I could.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Curse you and your questions, sarks

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Did I imply that his influence was restricted to English departments?

Not necessarily, but that's how I read it. *shrugs*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I like you.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.