The [Chat] Doctors

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Hey [chat]. How goes things?

Not good. Today is leg day at the gym. :(

:(

But yay working out! I'm too lazy to hit a gym, so I'm just doing a few basic exercises around the apt (100 pushups and 200 situps, specifically).

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    i want to go paragliding

any places in southern california for that?

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    I also like how in the US the concepts of "free internet banking" and "direct debit" do not exist and instead if you tell your bank to do pay a bill online they will charge you, print out a cheque and send the cheque to the company who then has to cash it in at their bank.

The retardom is stunning.

o_O

this isn't what happens

Yeah, this is not a thing that goes on. I have free online banking, free direct deposit and free online bill pay. And actually, since I use all those services, the bank doesn't have to print anything out for me at all and I am rewarded with a 4% interest rate on my checking account balance.

Actually, this does happen. It happens less than it used to as most major payees are set up for direct electronic deposit, but if you need to pay a bill to a payee that isn't set up for it, what Daxon describes (cutting a physical check by mail) is exactly what will happen.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

But yay working out! I'm too lazy to hit a gym, so I'm just doing a few basic exercises around the apt (100 pushups and 200 situps, specifically).

do you have money

you can buy stuff like this if you really dont wanna go to the gym

http://www.google.com/search?q=irongym&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    HAHAHA

For the "Where you live sucks, too" thread I was looking for the English name of a plant from which you make butter and oil, because where I used to live we had whole fields of those and it would smell like festering corpses during fall.

Turns out that they're called "rape".

So where I used to live we have fields of rape that smell like festering corpses.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In a bizarre move, The Pirate Bay, the world’s largest BitTorrent tracker, is partnering with social dating site Meezoog to launch an online dating site PirateDate.com, to take on Match.com, Zoosk and others.

The Pirate Bay, which has had a tumultuous year, is launching a dating network around sharing. PirateDate will allow singles to share and assist their social connections in finding potential dates, while getting recommendations and referrals from their friends. Pirate Date is utilizing Meezoog’s technology to provide users with “social proximity” measurements, that allow people to efficiently filter their cyber connections.

According to the site, personal information added by members is immediately visible to their friends (through Facebook connect), encouraging users to be honest with their information. Pirate Date’s ‘Social Radius’ technology exposes members to singles who are socially connected to them, as well as displays how they are connected. The site will also share users’ ‘Trust Paths’ to every member, showing people’s social graph. And the site’s ‘Social Proximity Gauge’, calculates how close you are to people you find interesting on Pirate Date.

It’s unclear who would actually want to join this site considering the Pirate Bay’s brand. It seems more oriented towards men than women, considering the homepage of Pirate Date includes a picture of an attractive woman in a pirate’s costume. And why would you join this site over Match.com, E-Harmony or others that already have a considerable user base?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I use checks to pay my rent and to move money between accounts at different banks.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pirate Date sounds like a joke.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I use checks to pay my rent and to move money between accounts at different banks.

online banking is a lot easier for doing the latter

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

do you have money

you can buy stuff like this if you really dont wanna go to the gym

http://www.google.com/search?q=irongym&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hm... I have some money, but I don't know what's going on next year and don't really wanna buy too much in case I have to move to another country. :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In a bizarre move, The Pirate Bay, the world’s largest BitTorrent tracker, is partnering with social dating site Meezoog to launch an online dating site PirateDate.com, to take on Match.com, Zoosk and others.

The Pirate Bay, which has had a tumultuous year, is launching a dating network around sharing. PirateDate will allow singles to share and assist their social connections in finding potential dates, while getting recommendations and referrals from their friends. Pirate Date is utilizing Meezoog’s technology to provide users with “social proximity” measurements, that allow people to efficiently filter their cyber connections.

According to the site, personal information added by members is immediately visible to their friends (through Facebook connect), encouraging users to be honest with their information. Pirate Date’s ‘Social Radius’ technology exposes members to singles who are socially connected to them, as well as displays how they are connected. The site will also share users’ ‘Trust Paths’ to every member, showing people’s social graph. And the site’s ‘Social Proximity Gauge’, calculates how close you are to people you find interesting on Pirate Date.

It’s unclear who would actually want to join this site considering the Pirate Bay’s brand. It seems more oriented towards men than women, considering the homepage of Pirate Date includes a picture of an attractive woman in a pirate’s costume. And why would you join this site over Match.com, E-Harmony or others that already have a considerable user base?

That's pretty brilliant actually.

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I use checks to pay my student loans.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    AHAHAHA! This is a terrible Wii accessory!

500x_racing-kart.jpg

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    HAHAHA

For the "Where you live sucks, too" thread I was looking for the English name of a plant from which you make butter and oil, because where I used to live we had whole fields of those and it would smell like festering corpses during fall.

So where I used to live we have fields of rape that smell like festering corpses.

A friend of mine discovered the existence of rapeseed oil last year.

He enjoyed himself with rape puns for a fucking month.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I use checks for my condo fees and paying back friends.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

One of my banks charges for that.

The other one doesn't do it at all.

Feral on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

link plix

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I like that one part in the James Clavell novel where an Asian makes a comment about how big European penii are.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    HAHAHA

A friend of mine discovered the existence of rapeseed oil last year.

He enjoyed himself with rape puns for a fucking month.

And now the torch has been passed to me.

The torch is fuelled by rape[tiny]seed oil[/tiny].

Honk on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    what

a

horrible

fucking

day

Organichu on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    HAHAHA

This is, like, the oldest joke ever.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    what

a

horrible

fucking

day

why

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I can see that if only for the paper trail aspect.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »

link plix

PirateDate.com?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Weird. My bank doesn't charge at all. They actually encourage me to do it every time I head down. I just haven't signed up because my bank's in a really convenient location (I pass it several times a day on the way to class). I'd think all banks would be like that, because it's easier and cheaper for everyone, the bank included.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    moniker wrote: »

Oh, I also use checks for medical bills because it makes it easier to track things for my HSA.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010

well that and I don't really have a say in how my work sends their payments to the loan companies.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's because I am furrin, Winky.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Weird. My bank doesn't charge at all. They actually encourage me to do it every time I head down. I just haven't signed up because my bank's in a really convenient location (I pass it several times a day on the way to class). I'd think all banks would be like that, because it's easier and cheaper for everyone, the bank included.

I'm talking about moving money from account at Bank A to an account at Bank B. Your bank does that for free, online?

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Scully is very attractive in early X-Files.

Honk on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I'm talking about moving money from account at Bank A to an account at Bank B. Your bank does that for free, online?

Yours doesn't?

*edit* I mean, I think mine might if I try to move something like $100k but that hasn't been a problem so far.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hehe, without looking at job titles, guess the IT guy:

500x_spottheitguy.jpg

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    well there was a part where i went to the post office to have my postal money order redeemed and they're like "we don't have enough cash, sorry, go to [only post office open past 5 in my part of the city]"

which is like 2 miles away and it's kind of sweltering out

but fuck it, i walk there and get caught in a spring/summer rain to compensate

then it gets roasting again which thankfully starts to dry me off but still it's fucking hot

then this super high lady hassles me because i won't give her any money

then the dudes at the post office start getting mad about how "they shouldn't refer you to other post offices! it's not their right to send you here!" or some shit, i guess they don't like paying out so much cash and being low on change. like they're griping like it's my fault

or

oh wait

do you mean the part where the two dudes on the bus randomly tried to jump me?

that part was pretty bad, too

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

HSBC kinda sucks.

and also stands for Hongkong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yours doesn't?

Chase charges $3 per transaction.

My credit union doesn't do it at all. You have to call them.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    well there was a part where i went to the post office to have my postal money order redeemed and they're like "we don't have enough cash, sorry, go to [only post office open past 5 in my part of the city]"

then it gets roasting again which thankfully starts to dry me off but still it's fucking hot

then the dudes at the post office start getting mad about how "they shouldn't refer you to other post offices! it's not their right to send you here!" or some shit, i guess they don't like paying out so much cash and being low on change. like they're griping like it's my fault

or

oh wait

well that sucks

you could always shoot them with your fancy gun

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TD for checking, Shorebank for online savings, and Vanguard for investments.

Most of my bills are paid with a direct transfer from my bank. None of them charge a fee.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

or

oh wait

well that sucks

you could always shoot them with your fancy gun

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

that was a great pick me upper!

thanks, bro!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

or

oh wait

Goddamn :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
This discussion has been closed.