Marvel vs Capcom 3
A new versus game?
Yes, after many, many years, Capcom and Marvel have once again teamed up for a dream match of epic proportions.
New Game Play Mechanics
The new game sounds like a hybrid of Tatsunoko and MvC2. Here are the features so far:
- Uses an altered version of Tatsunoko's button layout, with Light, Medium, Hard, Exchange, and Partner buttons.
- Same assist system from MvsC2, but the character select now has descriptions of the assists.
- New Exchange button for Aerial Tag Combos
- A new “Baroque” type cancel mode dubbed X-Factor; increases damage and defense for a short while.
- New character roster probably totaling over 30 fighters
- Advancing Guard, DHC, Triple HC, Snap back, and Cross-over Counter systems from TvsC and MvsC2 are back
So who's confirmed so far?
The Exchange Button is now your all purpose launcher attack. It also knocks people out of the air during air combos.
Pressing Exchange and Down or Forward while during an air combo will call in your partner to continue with an Aerial Tag Combo.
If you can guess correctly which direction plus Exchange combination they push, you can interrupt their tag combo with one of your own.
This takes no super bar.
This system has been changing somewhat every build, but it's obvious it will be in the final game in some form. Right now the X-Factor allows you to cancel your moves and start-up another one Baroque style.
Also, X-Factor restores your red-health over time. The length and strength of the X-Factor, though, depends on your health and how many characters you have left. The less, the better and stronger you become.
The game will be for X-Box 360 and Playstation 3. Release date is Feb. 15th.
Gameplay from E3
New Characters from Comic-con
More new characters
Arthur is here!
Tron is the best bitches!