Options

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since Morgana is free I gave her a shot and seemed real fun. Any advice for skill order and items?

I know Spectrum is gonna post too with something similar but anyway:

Runes: Mpen reds, MP5/lvl yellows, flat cooldown Blues, HP quints. This is the standard caster runes so there shouldn't be any worries here.

Masteries: 9/0/21. Once again standard caster masteries.

Summoner Spells: Flash/Ghost. Flash is awesome on Morgana, and Ghost is awesome overall.

Skill order: QWWEWR, then R > Q > W > E. More detailed: you want three points in Tormented Soil at lvl6, which allows you to nearly clear a lane by itself with some good last hits, but also isn't too costly in mana; a point in Black Shield to prevent harass, when you get it is situational (I get it at lvl2 when my lane opponent is zilean for example); A point in Dark Binding to harass with early on. A thing to know with Morgana is she is a complete mana hog: resource management is a crucial skill on her.

Items: Start with a Doran's Ring. It's way too good for you to not get it, and gives you a ton of things Morgana utterly LOVES - extra HP to survive in a lane, AP to harass with, and mana regen.

First trip back: evaluate your situation and what you got. If you are getting rocked, Boots + a second Doran's Ring can work.

Then you might want to build for a rod of Ages, right?

Wrong.

You're gonna build a Zhonya's Ring. Rod of Ages will be the second item you will build - since it gets better more quickly now you can sneak in another item before you get to building.

After these two and ungraded boots (Swiftness if you need speed, Sorcerer's if you need more power, Merc treads otherwise), it's situational. Build your defense item, then adapt to what the enemy got.

Playing: Take a side lane. Morgana is very good in all the positions in a sidelane: solo side, 1v2, 2v2, babysitter, and so on. Do not take mid with Morgana.

In a teamfight, you want to be the second one to enter the fray with your ult, but if you're the first, the way is: Black Shield on you > Flash > Soul Shackles > Zhonya active when your shield runs out > Hope your team is good.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So did they give us any particular reason why servers are down right before frickin' prime hours?

If it is for replays, all will be forgiven.
    It's not for replays.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Barbaric_MonkeyBarbaric_Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lichbane states that it doesn't stack with Sheen, and Triforce doesn't mention either Sheen or Lichbane, so I wasn't sure. I was swimming in oodles of cash and figured I'd sell my Void Staff for the Triforce.

Barbaric_Monkey on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I'm trying to exit the fucking program and
    Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.NET server.

All together guys:

~best online technical

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guys wtf is "Drupal"?

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Since Morgana is free I gave her a shot and seemed real fun. Any advice for skill order and items?

rod of ages is nice. if you're farming well you may be better off rushing zhonya's for its active (which works with your ult). early catalyst, boots, get good with her snare. don't be specious with BS; the cooldown is long.

Organichu on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Typically things get patched on a Tuesday....maybe something imploded in the PvP.net part when they were updating?

EDIT ~best online technical

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    isn't that Noxus v. Ionia stuff today? How's that been?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Go Ionia!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guys wtf is "Drupal"?

Lookit dis scrub what don't know what a drupal is

god what a drupal.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Noxians...I hate those guys!

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ew no MOBA DOBA

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love lane trundle
    I've been going
    -doran's shield
    -merc treads (adjust as necessary)
    -negatron cloak and chain mail (later build into atmas and banshees)
    -sheen
    -triforce
    -finish the atmas and banshees

but I haven't had a fight go that long

unintentional on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »

I know Spectrum is gonna post too with something similar but anyway:

Runes: Mpen reds, MP5/lvl yellows, flat cooldown Blues, HP quints. This is the standard caster runes so there shouldn't be any worries here.

Masteries: 9/0/21. Once again standard caster masteries.

Summoner Spells: Flash/Ghost. Flash is awesome on Morgana, and Ghost is awesome overall.

Skill order: QWWEWR, then R > Q > W > E. More detailed: you want three points in Tormented Soil at lvl6, which allows you to nearly clear a lane by itself with some good last hits, but also isn't too costly in mana; a point in Black Shield to prevent harass, when you get it is situational (I get it at lvl2 when my lane opponent is zilean for example); A point in Dark Binding to harass with early on. A thing to know with Morgana is she is a complete mana hog: resource management is a crucial skill on her.

Items: Start with a Doran's Ring. It's way too good for you to not get it, and gives you a ton of things Morgana utterly LOVES - extra HP to survive in a lane, AP to harass with, and mana regen.

First trip back: evaluate your situation and what you got. If you are getting rocked, Boots + a second Doran's Ring can work.

Then you might want to build for a rod of Ages, right?

Wrong.

You're gonna build a Zhonya's Ring. Rod of Ages will be the second item you will build - since it gets better more quickly now you can sneak in another item before you get to building.

After these two and ungraded boots (Swiftness if you need speed, Sorcerer's if you need more power, Merc treads otherwise), it's situational. Build your defense item, then adapt to what the enemy got.

Playing: Take a side lane. Morgana is very good in all the positions in a sidelane: solo side, 1v2, 2v2, babysitter, and so on. Do not take mid with Morgana.

In a teamfight, you want to be the second one to enter the fray with your ult, but if you're the first, the way is: Black Shield on you > Flash > Soul Shackles > Zhonya active when your shield runs out > Hope your team is good.

Got it . Thanks for the advice guys I will try to practice all of this when the server stops being dead.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    morgana is kind of fun

when you don't hit zhonya's and your ultimate out of order

:oops:

it was actually really, really funny when it happened

we were initiating on THEM and somehow i got scared and hit zhonya's

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Offline? But... now is my Gragas time.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well I had been saving up for Trundle. But I was playing as Gragas since he was free, and it turns out that he is crazy fun. So Trundle may not be in the cards after all. Instead it might be Beerman.

This on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    why is morgana bad in mid. most people expect me to take it and usually I can get a kill with QW

Jars on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    well, she is really slow

but that's what teleport is for

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    why is morgana bad in mid. most people expect me to take it and usually I can get a kill with QW

I don't like Morgana in mid not because she's bad at it but because she's so much better on the sides.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Because you shouldn't be able to get a kill with a Q and a W

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    well I'm just that good

Jars on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For being cocky you've condemned yourself to lose for several days straight

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »

I don't like Morgana in mid not because she's bad at it but because she's so much better on the sides.

Exactly. The reason she's so much better on the sides by the way is you have much better brush cover and much more room to get around creeps and hit your opponents with your Q. It's not that Morgana can't win mid, it's just much harder to hit her skillshots there.

Also she is pretty hard to gank with black shield and flash so she has no problem extending pretty far on the side lanes.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mordekaiser is still the best yordle.

The Mordle Yordle.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

nope

cause morgana is op

Jars on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    server's back up

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

nope

cause morgana is op

How it feels to be in September of 2010?

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I also played a few games as Ashe last night, and I have got to say that she is pretty damn fun to play and arrowing bitches is sweet.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    september was not that long ago.

Jars on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is there anyone here who has played every single champion?

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    is there anyone here who has played every single champion?

I think I've played everyone except Trundle at least once.

This on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    still getting blocked by the launch. someone carry me to my first win of the day I will play taric

Jars on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    september was not that long ago.

And I guess with the logic presented, we're still in September.

Are we in a time paradox?

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    taric is the best character

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Champions I haven't played at all:
    Kassadin
    Malzahar
    Trundle
    Xin Zhao

I think I've at least played a botmatch with all the others to test/memorize their abilities, if that counts.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    coincidentally those are are all awesome characters

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I really want to try Kassadin but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been free since I started playing (could be wrong).

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    when did you start playing?

he was free the first week I started playing, which was back at the beginning of october

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    you stun people with your fabulous bling. what is not to like about taric

Jars on