Options

Killing your first-born [Chat]s

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Thanatos: I'd be an insta-sith as well because Jedi are pretentious emotionless dickheads.
    fuck yes

fuck the authoritan and puritanical jedi

freedom all the way

go sith!
    It has nothing to do with the philosophy, and everything to do with the fact that while I'm in line at the DMV, I can just go "lady, you're done, you don't need to keep talking to the dude," and she'd just leave.

I would be using that every goddamn day, for inane, selfish bullshit; there's just no way I could resist the temptation.

Experiment number one: Can I do this over the phone?

japan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Re: Madoff Suicide. I don't like any suicides, unless it's a case of someone with a terminal disease who is suffering, and even in that case I still don't like it, but I see the point of it. Suicide is terrible and sad, be they a serial killer or a con man or a 90 year old grandma dying of cancer.
    I want to go back to Seattle. And stay there.

We want you to come back.

Save your money. We'll make space for you.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I'm pretty okay for money. Not so good for work.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    but alaska is cool, ProfM :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And either of those deserve your gloating over him widowing his wife and leaving his kids orphans. Yep, big man, happy about a suicide.
    If he were a child molester or serial killer, no one would think twice about him deserving this, even if he had a wife and kids.

But because his crimes are "merely" financial, all of a sudden he's a fucking saint. It's a bullshit standard, that's the reverse of what it actually should be.
    1. I would

2. His crimes are merely financial

no-one's saying he's a saint

we're just not laughing at his suicide

there is a middle ground here
    At least three people committed suicide because of their losses to the Madoff ponzi scheme.

And financial crimes are far, far worse than most other crimes, because they're not crimes of necessity; he could have made a living doing just about anything he wanted to. He had the connections, he had the education; what he chose to do was participate in his father's ponzi scheme for tens of millions of dollars. That's not "I need to eat" money, that's "I need to own three jet planes and a dozen yachts" money.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanatos: I'd be an insta-sith as well because Jedi are pretentious emotionless dickheads.
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!
    It has nothing to do with the philosophy, and everything to do with the fact that while I'm in line at the DMV, I can just go "lady, you're done, you don't need to keep talking to the dude," and she'd just leave.

I would be using that every goddamn day, for inane, selfish bullshit; there's just no way I could resist the temptation.

You are really not thinking big enough.

I'd use it to mold the world and society into my liking.

We would all live incredibly efficient and productive lives and crime would be non-existent.

Except artistically awesome crimes like graffiti and robbing banks with ultra-style. They may stay.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

"Cold," Nerdgasmic, "Alaska is cold."

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm pretty okay for money. Not so good for work.

Start looking now. In 6 months you'll finally get a job here, then you can bug out of Juneau.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And either of those deserve your gloating over him widowing his wife and leaving his kids orphans. Yep, big man, happy about a suicide.
    If he were a child molester or serial killer, no one would think twice about him deserving this, even if he had a wife and kids.

But because his crimes are "merely" financial, all of a sudden he's a fucking saint. It's a bullshit standard, that's the reverse of what it actually should be.
    1. I would

At least three people committed suicide because of their losses to the Madoff ponzi scheme.
    I thought you laughed when rich people killed themselves because they lost money?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it's cool too

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it's cool too

im dying squirtle

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Suicide, its god damn hilarious.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it's cool too

im dying squirtle

don't worry, the Aperture Science handheld portal device is designed to withstand temperatures of up to 4000 degrees Kelvin

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!

Seriously, I'd be Darth Petty The Impatient.

Also I have an umbrella that is a leopard print, always draws the comments.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    freedom all the way
    Double rainbow across the sky.

Couscous on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    light side is for suckers

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

1. I would

And financial crimes are far, far worse than most other crimes, because they're not crimes of necessity; he could have made a living doing just about anything he wanted to. He had the connections, he had the education; what he chose to do was participate in his father's ponzi scheme for tens of millions of dollars. That's not "I need to eat" money, that's "I need to own three jet planes and a dozen yachts" money.

like organ said, if I lived when hitler bit it I wouldn't have gone ahahahahaha at his suicide

I may have felt good when we shot Quisling but I would have felt bad about it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I agree with than

Elendil on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!

Seriously, I'd be Darth Petty The Impatient.

well it matches your spandex tights

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

This is awesome.

Do you go about with it while wearing your cowboy boots and hat?

Please say yes.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

1. I would

I thought you laughed when rich people killed themselves because they lost money?
    I laugh when rich criminals kill themselves because their crimes catch up to them.

I don't laugh when a rich dude kills himself because he lost everything he owns and feels responsible for his friends and family losing money that they entrusted to him. That's a fucking tragedy.

If we're going to have a death penalty, Mark Madoff is exactly the type of criminal it should be used on.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    THIS IS FUCKING FANTASTIC.

FOLLOWING NEW DEVELOPMENTS NIKITA HAS NOW TRANSFORMED INTO KRATOS. MORE AT TEN!

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!

We would all live incredibly efficient and productive lives and crime would be non-existent.

Except artistically awesome crimes like graffiti and robbing banks with ultra-style. They may stay.

I would start out saying that was my goal - I may even believe it myself

but it would just end up with me living in a floating castle while the world tears itself apart below

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

This is awesome.

Please say yes.

On long walks in the park.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!

I'd be way too busy speeding up the express lane at the grocery store to deal with shit like that.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    THIS IS FUCKING FANTASTIC.

FOLLOWING NEW DEVELOPMENTS NIKITA HAS NOW TRANSFORMED INTO KRATOS. MORE AT TEN!

I liked where they took that episode, it ended an arc that was stretching the shows believeability and had character advancement. TAKE NOTE SHOWS ON FOX!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

1. I would

I laugh when rich criminals kill themselves because their crimes catch up to them.

I don't laugh when a rich dude kills himself because he lost everything he owns and feels responsible for his friends and family losing money that they entrusted to him. That's a fucking tragedy.

If we're going to have a death penalty, Mark Madoff is exactly the type of criminal it should be used on.
    So Mark Madoff was clueless and incompetent if he didn't realize the huge rate of return on his money meant something was up, but all the people who invested and got near 100% ROR on their money were just innocent pawns? Come on than, you can't have it both ways.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    laughing at suicide is pretty awful, but I don't think it's really necessary to chastise than for being so insensitive to the plight of this guy

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I agree with than
    On the Madoff thing, the Jedi Mind Trick thing, or both?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

if you like emptiness, shitty politics, and despair

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    fuck yes

freedom all the way

go sith!

I would start out saying that was my goal - I may even believe it myself

but it would just end up with me living in a floating castle while the world tears itself apart below

My primary goals to begin with would be 1) finding a source of limitless energy. All moneys would be poured into this.

..well, all military moneys cause education and healthcare are important whereas military is not.

and 2) creating a self-sustaining system of government that does not actually require constant surveillance to continue functioning in a beneficial way.

Then I would go live in my floating castle of awesome and come down every couple of hundred of years to make sure things haven't gone to shit - if they have then begin again from scratch.

Daxon on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just had the biggest poop.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

it's very pretty and it can be fun if don't really like doing things

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that people still fall for pyramid schemes is pretty fascinating

because seriously everyone knows a pyramid scheme when they see one these days

but I think they just use that "But I'm special, it'll work for me"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I agree with than
    On the Madoff thing, the Jedi Mind Trick thing, or both?
    madoff

well, I wouldn't say I found it funny

but I am decidedly unsympathetic

Elendil on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    i'm not even arguing that white collar crime shouldn't be regarded as serious crime, or qualify an offender from being called an evil asshole

but i don't think even evil assholes- whether we consider them such because of rape or murder or financial theft- should have their suicide gloated over

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I miss alaska a lot

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I had Jedi mind powers, I would abuse them so bad. Mind control is too awesome to resist. I'd start with the mundane, like getting free shit at the grocery store or speeding up lines. From there I'd move on to creating decadent pleasure galas. By the end, I'd have human furniture and human puppet shows ranging from the quaint to the violent to the disturbingly erotic. I'd make powerful people step in front of cars and I'd make parents drown their children, just because life would become so meaningless to me and the next vile amusement would be the only thing left to live for.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

So, there is this fancy dress party, and the theme is that everybody has to come dressed as an emotion. The host answers the door and standing there are two guys, stark naked but for the fact that one has his genitals in a bowl of custard, and the other has his cock jammed into a pear. She asks "What the hell are you supposed to be?"
    "I'm fucking disgusted, and he's come in despair".

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

This is awesome.

Please say yes.

On long walks in the park.

Yesssssss.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.