As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I want to let my Santee know that their Gifts are an hours drive away. They might come tomorrow.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    TSI|AwesomeTSI|Awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Oh yeah! Got my gift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPDKd3U4XU
    This video is quite appropriate.

So there's been some truly awesome gifts this year. My SS though, he picked a gift that would let the world know how awesome it is, and by association how awesome I am.
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=923sm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's a hat and shirt from The Miz, one of my favorite recent wrasslers. I been needing some WWE merch, and these two items are perfect. And then my SS got me L4D2, which is a game I never tried but meant to.

Thanks so much TSI Awesome! Awesome gifts from an awesome forumer.

There should also be a The Miz pendant in the box. Glad you like it!

TSI|Awesome on
    63.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Okay,

giftget.gif
    As always, I send an experienced explorer to check out the goods.
    A mysterious letter! Robots? Santas? Apparently my gift this year is my precious life.
    IMG_0292.jpg
    This will help count out the days in the coming Apocalypse.
    IMG_0293.jpg
    My appreciation for the Simpsons is well-known to my savior, whom gives me more Groening goodness while I hide in an abandoned coke factory.
    IMG_0294.jpg
    Thinking ahead, a mode a transportation was included. Though, some assembly was required.
    IMG_0295.jpg
    Another piece of entertainment. It should help me stay afloat.
    IMG_0296.jpg
    And, of course, food to weather the robotic storm.
    IMG_0297.jpg

Thank you, Anoffday!
    I used a proxy to gift you VVVVVV too. Did you get that?
    OMG Guys, GIFT GET!

They tried to deliver a package to me on Saturday, but I wasn't at home. So I left a note on my door for them to leave it at the apartment office today, which they did. I waited ALL DAY LONG knowing that my gift was at home!
    A wild box appears! Mista Snowman is sent to investigate!
    5278951002_e24fd273e7.jpg

Alright, Mista Snowman, let's open 'er up!
    5278953322_fb8b680f4b.jpg

What's this? Instructions Inside? We better open at once! Oh hey, a thumb drive!
    5278962532_d77b785932.jpg

I guess I should plug it into my computer! The drive included three files: A word doc and two Powerpoint files. Powerpoint? What the heck? I should probably read the letter.
    Letter pt 1:
    Seasons Greetings Cameron_Talley!

I hope this package finds you well. I am sorry that this has taken so long to get to you, but I assure you that much lovingly and Christmasy care went into everything. I hope that more than makes up for the tardiness. Anyways, there are many good things to be found within. The wrapped gifts are pretty self explanatory. Feel free to open them now and enjoy them before we get down to business. :)

MANY GOOD THINGS! Awesome! Let's get to unwrapping!

(I am shamed to find that I didn't take any pics of the gifts wrapped. :( I'm sorry, Santa! ).

Look, Mista Snowman! It's a documentary about alcoholic advertising men!
    5278958394_a454947357.jpg

I got into Mad Men this year and got Seasons One and Two, but hadn't gotten Season Three yet! So now I can catch up on Don Draper's exploits!

But wait! Another wrapped gift!

5278960916_5580dc0268.jpg

It's SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS! Hooray! I've wanted this game for a LONG time--I have a BA in English and creating things by writing just sounds SO awesome!

Oh hey....There's some MORE stuff in the box! It's....plastic bags full of ABS plastic contruction toys? Just what the heck is this?
    5278955470_ecfc42d750.jpg

I guess I better read the rest of the letter.
    Letter Pt. 2:

As you have probably noticed, inside your package are two baggies filled with Legos. One has the number one on it, the other, the number two. They correspond to the two PPT files on this thumb drive. The PPTs are instructions for each set, and should be correct. I checked them a few times for accuracy, but you never know…may have missed something. I do assure you that all the required pieces are present! I think…

Anyways, these are two custom 8-bit sets that I think you will like a lot. I certainly had a blast putting them together, and while the entire process got tedious at times I’m very happy with how everything turned out. I haven’t played with Legos in a long time, so that was a nice nostalgia trip.

CUSTOM Lego sets?!? 8-Bit sets! What? Holy CRAP!

I guess we better get to BUILDING!
    5278964820_c5760ea82e.jpg

Here's the Powerpoint file for Set 1. Come on, Mista, let's get that bag open

5278359793_4d0ffc86b3.jpg

Alright, Time to build! Ok, I need this piece and this piece and...HEY! What are you DOING Mista Snowman!?!?

5278362423_59d8e66614.jpg

That's just Sick, Mista.

Ok, this is starting to look like...I don't know what.
    5278972560_6b591e3a5f.jpg

Better Build some more...
    5278370491_cefeaffd09.jpg

Hey, that almost looks like...Yes it is!
    5278376605_3233876b6b.jpg

It's a-me! Mario!

But wait! There's a whole 'nother bag still!

Here's another Instruction screen. My Santa included piece call-outs and Everything. Building was Super-easy!
    5278989016_02de40fc4f.jpg

Lego must be built on the carpet in front of the TV. No exceptions.
    5278987032_8739158e1b.jpg

Hey, this guy looks familiar too!
    5278383763_70d0e2077d.jpg

Yes, it's a SUPER MUSHROOM!
    5278388267_519dd56abb.jpg

What an AMAZING Secret Santa Gift. But wait? Who was my Santa?

Let's read part 3 of the letter!
    Ok, I think that’s everything. I hope you enjoy everything. I wish you and your family all the best over the holidays.

From Your Santa,
    crucialityfactor

P.S. I guess this thumb drive is a gift as well. It’s from the company I work for. Not much space…but good for purposes such as these.
    Oh yeah, a thumb drive, too. Wait, what am I saying.... crucialityfactor was my Santa! Thank you SO much for this awesome gift! Really made my Christmas. I will display your Lego gifts in a place of honor!
    Oh hey, looks like Norfair was crucialityfactor's Santa. And I was Norfair's santa. Another triangle! And we all three had Lego-related gifts! *Twilight Zone Theme*

Here's a picture of the whole haul:

5278997984_16b8d02103.jpg

A few more (and larger) pictures on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameron_talley/sets/72157625641842932/

Once again THANK YOU crucialityfactor! What a great custom-gift! it was absolutely perfect. thank you SO much for your time and effort in putting it all together.

And of course, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

That was an awesome idea with the legos. Good work.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    1) It makes me proud to see the flashing lights GIFT GET! image I made making its rounds as people receive their gifts. Big shout-out to Figgy though for making the original image though! Without it I wouldn't have made the flashing lights one.
    Figgy wrote: »
    Feel free to use this image for maximum dramatic effect in your gift posting, Santees.

2) I am now reminded I need to read Scott Pilgrim and then watch the movie. Or the other way around. Netflix sadly tells me that the movie is not available for streaming. :(

Flashing lights are better anyway!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OMG Guys, GIFT GET!

They tried to deliver a package to me on Saturday, but I wasn't at home. So I left a note on my door for them to leave it at the apartment office today, which they did. I waited ALL DAY LONG knowing that my gift was at home!
    A wild box appears! Mista Snowman is sent to investigate!
    5278951002_e24fd273e7.jpg

Alright, Mista Snowman, let's open 'er up!
    5278953322_fb8b680f4b.jpg

What's this? Instructions Inside? We better open at once! Oh hey, a thumb drive!
    5278962532_d77b785932.jpg

I guess I should plug it into my computer! The drive included three files: A word doc and two Powerpoint files. Powerpoint? What the heck? I should probably read the letter.
    Letter pt 1:
    Seasons Greetings Cameron_Talley!

I hope this package finds you well. I am sorry that this has taken so long to get to you, but I assure you that much lovingly and Christmasy care went into everything. I hope that more than makes up for the tardiness. Anyways, there are many good things to be found within. The wrapped gifts are pretty self explanatory. Feel free to open them now and enjoy them before we get down to business. :)

MANY GOOD THINGS! Awesome! Let's get to unwrapping!

(I am shamed to find that I didn't take any pics of the gifts wrapped. :( I'm sorry, Santa! ).

Look, Mista Snowman! It's a documentary about alcoholic advertising men!
    5278958394_a454947357.jpg

I got into Mad Men this year and got Seasons One and Two, but hadn't gotten Season Three yet! So now I can catch up on Don Draper's exploits!

But wait! Another wrapped gift!

5278960916_5580dc0268.jpg

It's SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS! Hooray! I've wanted this game for a LONG time--I have a BA in English and creating things by writing just sounds SO awesome!

Oh hey....There's some MORE stuff in the box! It's....plastic bags full of ABS plastic contruction toys? Just what the heck is this?
    5278955470_ecfc42d750.jpg

I guess I better read the rest of the letter.
    Letter Pt. 2:

As you have probably noticed, inside your package are two baggies filled with Legos. One has the number one on it, the other, the number two. They correspond to the two PPT files on this thumb drive. The PPTs are instructions for each set, and should be correct. I checked them a few times for accuracy, but you never know…may have missed something. I do assure you that all the required pieces are present! I think…

Anyways, these are two custom 8-bit sets that I think you will like a lot. I certainly had a blast putting them together, and while the entire process got tedious at times I’m very happy with how everything turned out. I haven’t played with Legos in a long time, so that was a nice nostalgia trip.

CUSTOM Lego sets?!? 8-Bit sets! What? Holy CRAP!

I guess we better get to BUILDING!
    5278964820_c5760ea82e.jpg

Here's the Powerpoint file for Set 1. Come on, Mista, let's get that bag open

5278359793_4d0ffc86b3.jpg

Alright, Time to build! Ok, I need this piece and this piece and...HEY! What are you DOING Mista Snowman!?!?

5278362423_59d8e66614.jpg

That's just Sick, Mista.

Ok, this is starting to look like...I don't know what.
    5278972560_6b591e3a5f.jpg

Better Build some more...
    5278370491_cefeaffd09.jpg

Hey, that almost looks like...Yes it is!
    5278376605_3233876b6b.jpg

It's a-me! Mario!

But wait! There's a whole 'nother bag still!

Here's another Instruction screen. My Santa included piece call-outs and Everything. Building was Super-easy!
    5278989016_02de40fc4f.jpg

Lego must be built on the carpet in front of the TV. No exceptions.
    5278987032_8739158e1b.jpg

Hey, this guy looks familiar too!
    5278383763_70d0e2077d.jpg

Yes, it's a SUPER MUSHROOM!
    5278388267_519dd56abb.jpg

What an AMAZING Secret Santa Gift. But wait? Who was my Santa?

Let's read part 3 of the letter!
    Ok, I think that’s everything. I hope you enjoy everything. I wish you and your family all the best over the holidays.

From Your Santa,
    crucialityfactor

P.S. I guess this thumb drive is a gift as well. It’s from the company I work for. Not much space…but good for purposes such as these.
    Oh yeah, a thumb drive, too. Wait, what am I saying.... crucialityfactor was my Santa! Thank you SO much for this awesome gift! Really made my Christmas. I will display your Lego gifts in a place of honor!
    Oh hey, looks like Norfair was crucialityfactor's Santa. And I was Norfair's santa. Another triangle! And we all three had Lego-related gifts! *Twilight Zone Theme*

Here's a picture of the whole haul:

5278997984_16b8d02103.jpg

A few more (and larger) pictures on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameron_talley/sets/72157625641842932/

Once again THANK YOU crucialityfactor! What a great custom-gift! it was absolutely perfect. thank you SO much for your time and effort in putting it all together.

And of course, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Haha, I wondered if we would all end up in one of the Secret Santa triangles, but I didn't want to say anything and possibly spoil the identity of your Santa. The Lego Mario and Super Mushroom are awesome.

Norfair on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftget.gif

Unfortunately, it looks like someone threw out the card, a feat of monumental idiocy since it was under the gifts so it wouldn't get lost. I will keep looking for it but garbage pickup was yesterday. :( Also unfortunately, I can't find my camera. Until I do, terrible cell phone pics [strike]as ban insurance[/strike] to the rescue!
    Nine Inch Nails reissue!
    1sdvkx.jpg

Palpatine!
    xncj8y.jpg

Palpatine's light saber did not survive the trials of the bubble mailer. Pretty hate machine indeed...
    24np9tt.jpg
    Thanks a ton, Sweeney Tom! I'll keep looking for my camera and the card!

Szechuan on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love Nails. I know it's me and like, two billion other people, but Downward Spiral is one of my top-5 all time favorite albums.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    I love Nails. I know it's me and like, two billion other people, but Downward Spiral is one of my top-5 all time favorite albums.

The similarities are becoming frightening.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm dressed up as Santa today for our office Secret Santa. I look ridiculous, I'm 5foot5 with a 30" waist. This suit is clearly NOT designed for my stature. I look like Santa Claus's son playing dress up.

Also my santee should have his/her present today, if they haven't got it already. The tracking number I gave out appears to be faulty so I must have wrote it down wrong (d'oh!).

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'm dressed up as Santa today for our office Secret Santa. I look ridiculous, I'm 5foot5 with a 30" waist. This suit is clearly NOT designed for my stature. I look like Santa Claus's son playing dress up.

Also my santee should have his/her present today, if they haven't got it already. The tracking number I gave out appears to be faulty so I must have wrote it down wrong (d'oh!).

Must see this. Take pictures now!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

I'm sure someone will take pictures when I'm giving gifts out, I'll post them up later! All image hosting sites are blocked in work so I can't do it now (Humbug!).

::edit:: Have just been sat in a 'serious' meeting, discussing staffing and resources. It's entertaining seeing people try and take me seriously whilst they're sat there in suit and tie and I'm sat here in an ill fitting red and white garment.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa, I hate to break it to you but I'm kind of digging Blue Dragon. Then again, it's pretty much just a poor man's Dragon Quest so far. The voice acting is awful though.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm sure someone will take pictures when I'm giving gifts out, I'll post them up later! All image hosting sites are blocked in work so I can't do it now (Humbug!).

::edit:: Have just been sat in a 'serious' meeting, discussing staffing and resources. It's entertaining seeing people try and take me seriously whilst they're sat there in suit and tie and I'm sat here in an ill fitting red and white garment.

Fret not, your gift arrived safety. Many happy times were had by all. Post will be up shortly.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I GOT PRESENTS
    PRESENTS IS AWESOM
    NOIR_BLOOD IS THE BESTEST!

Pics to come later

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftget.gif

Been recieving some proxy messages to say my gifts should have been recieved, but nothing until this morning when an annoyed/cold looking postman knocked at the door with a box! Looking at the shipping details it is revealed that Amazon are butts because it was ordered on the 29th Nov. (I got excited and opened it before stopping to take pictures :oops:)
    boxgd.jpg

Delicious snack a jacks hide their home.
    papernw.jpg

Yay paper! I love paper! Oh wait there is stuff underneath!
    bookm.jpg

Books! The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I confess I haven't heard of him but after a quick google/wikipedia it looks perfect. I love fantasy and imagine I will probably have to buy the next two in the series, I hate not having a full trilogy :O I'm also just about to finish Matter so this should keep my bookworm side busy over Christmas!
    candc.jpg

Games! Command and Conquer the first Decade, pretty much all the RTS you could ever need. I used to play Tiberian Sun and Firestorm religiously when I was younger but never kept a hold of my copy. Also I admit I never actually played Red Alert, but now I can play the original and 2!
    tpbg.jpg

Canadians! The full box set of Trailer Park Boys. I have caught a couple of random episodes and from what I've seen it's hilarious but I never knew the characters or what was going on, but now I will! I also love the faux gonzo/documentary style of comedy so this was a perfect choice.

Everthing together:
    allnt.jpg
    Santa you are awesome, but who are you?! I have you name from the shipping details but not your forum name emot-worship.gif

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anarchy wrote: »

Fret not, your gift arrived safety. Many happy times were had by all. Post will be up shortly.

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know, the Royal Mail have been less than useful!

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That book is really good mere_immortal, you will enjoy!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh, a month for an Amazon delivery? That's pretty slow.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gifts gifts gifts!
    Radiation wrote: »
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira part 2
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar part 2
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor part 2
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Doc Holliday
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis part 2
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part2 part 3 part 4 part 5
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty part 2
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair part2
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2 part 3
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    Slacktron
    SniperGuy part 2
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan part 2
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert part 2
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy part 2
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Continue checking for accuracy and good cheer!

Updated December 21st, 2010

Icemopper on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    titlevn.png ... ish?

So since this is XMas week, I wanted to give my Santa some pleasure at least. Sorry, I couldn't wait any longer and opened up your first package you sent, which contained:

edit: Image breaking h-scroll rape --> Go here to see it http://shop.zombiepodcast.com/Were-Alive-Season-1-Box-Set-10001.htm

It's "We're Alive: A Story of Survival" Season 1! I've read some of the reviews online and this sounds absolutely amazzzzzing. I've been looking for something else (in regards to) zombies to get into and this could be it. I'm super pumped.

Part II though, I was told through proxy I should have received already but I haven't. So Santa, whomever you are, I just want you to know that I'll definitely be listening to Part I soon, but I'm not sure what to tell you about what else was sent.

Thanks again for Part I though!

Hrm. I'm going to go ahead and say "Hey, I'm your Santa!" since we're in a gift triangle anyway and I'm concerned enough. Your package may be severely delayed - one that I sent after yours to someone further away has already arrived, so I'd assume that it's one of the ones that Royal Mail have put to one side. They get fined for every late delivery, so they prioritise new mail over already late mail, and it may be that yours is late and therefore stuck in a bit of a holding pattern. I hope you get it soon.

I'm glad you're looking forward to We're Alive, I really enjoyed it. It's definitely an amateur production and has some clear influences from elsewhere, but it works as a great little radio play.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The name of the wind is seriously awesome. I read it a couple years ago and have since read it a couple more times.

The GREAT news for you is that you don't have to wait long for the 2nd book. It comes out in March.

Some of us have been waiting for YEARS for the 2nd book.

belligerent on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh it's not been released yet.

I imagine I'll be in the same waiting camp once I finish.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is EVERYONE taking place in some sort of Gift Triangle....?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »

There are many of them, due to how the computer program handled the random assignment of santas, but not everyone is part of one. Hypatia said that it wasn't worth the time it would take to reprogram the software to avoid the gifting triangles.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftget.gif

Been recieving some proxy messages to say my gifts should have been recieved, but nothing until this morning when an annoyed/cold looking postman knocked at the door with a box! Looking at the shipping details it is revealed that Amazon are butts because it was ordered on the 29th Nov. (I got excited and opened it before stopping to take pictures :oops:)
    boxgd.jpg

Delicious snack a jacks hide their home.
    papernw.jpg

Yay paper! I love paper! Oh wait there is stuff underneath!
    bookm.jpg

Books! The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I confess I haven't heard of him but after a quick google/wikipedia it looks perfect. I love fantasy and imagine I will probably have to buy the next two in the series, I hate not having a full trilogy :O I'm also just about to finish Matter so this should keep my bookworm side busy over Christmas!
    candc.jpg

Games! Command and Conquer the first Decade, pretty much all the RTS you could ever need. I used to play Tiberian Sun and Firestorm religiously when I was younger but never kept a hold of my copy. Also I admit I never actually played Red Alert, but now I can play the original and 2!
    tpbg.jpg

Canadians! The full box set of Trailer Park Boys. I have caught a couple of random episodes and from what I've seen it's hilarious but I never knew the characters or what was going on, but now I will! I also love the faux gonzo/documentary style of comedy so this was a perfect choice.

Everthing together:
    allnt.jpg
    Santa you are awesome, but who are you?! I have you name from the shipping details but not your forum name emot-worship.gif
    Woot! Mere_Immortal, I was your santa! I absolutely love that show, book, and games, so I hope you do too!

Now if I could only figure out who my Santa is...

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftget.gif

I received 4 emails this morning each one an awesome game

first:
    braidgame.jpg

Second:
    smb1.jpg

Third:
    header_586x192.jpg?t=1292875071
    Which includes 5 games! including Dog fighter, Everyday shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles and Guns of Icarus. Awesome!

And last but not least:
    Star%20Ruler.jpgI love a goof 4X game some this should see plenty of play time

Awesome gifts, which have brought much holiday cheer, I can't wait to get off work play some of these.

Thanks very much Kirbith!

EDIT: Many apologies Kirbith for being a mostly lurker sometimes poster, I can't have been easy to stalk. The effort is much appreciated and the choices you made are awesome. Thanks :)

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa: Loot acquired. My cell camera is shitty (and I left my flash on like a tard) and I'll reshoot the haul with my nice camera when I wake up (night job).

Here's a teaser of one of my presents:
    Warthoggin.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

There are many of them, due to how the computer program handled the random assignment of santas, but not everyone is part of one. Hypatia said that it wasn't worth the time it would take to reprogram the software to avoid the gifting triangles.

I like the gifting trinity, though now that stormwatcher has received his stuff I can say that it does make finding out who your Santa is a bit easier. I had a good hunch icemopper was my Santa before I got my gifts.

Though that could be due to catching him watching me shower

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »

I like the gifting trinity, though now that stormwatcher has received his stuff I can say that it does make finding out who your Santa is a bit easier. I had a good hunch icemopper was my Santa before I got my gifts.

Though that could be due to catching him watching me shower

You knew?!

Gotta go delete that YouTube account...

Icemopper on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    El Mucho wrote: »
    giftget.gif

I received 4 emails this morning each one an awesome game

first:
    braidgame.jpg

Second:
    smb1.jpg

Third:
    header_586x192.jpg?t=1292875071
    Which includes 5 games! including Dog fighter, Everyday shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles and Guns of Icarus. Awesome!

And last but not least:
    Star%20Ruler.jpgI love a goof 4X game some this should see plenty of play time

Awesome gifts, which have brought much holiday cheer, I can't wait to get off work play some of these.

Thanks very much Kirbith!

EDIT: Many apologies Kirbith for being a mostly lurker sometimes poster, I can't have been easy to stalk. The effort is much appreciated and the choices you made are awesome. Thanks :)

I'm not actually your Santa! Your actual santa was.. unable to fullfill their Santa obligations. So ThePain73 and I stepped in to be your early easter bunnies, since we didn't want you to have to wait til after the holidays for presents. Hope you can enjoy the games! But shower praise mostly on ThePain73 haha. We just bought all the games from my steam account since it seemed easier that way.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We just wanted everyone to have a nice Christmas.

That's all.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Now right there is what this whole thing is about. People stepping up to make a stranger's holiday.

Can't be said enough how awesome this thread makes me feel everytime I check it.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It was ME, Deveric!

It was ME all along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Truly, deveric, I was panicking like no-mans business considering how long it'd been and there was no word of a packaged arrival. Enjoy the loot!

Dunxco on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My Santa should have their package by now. Oh man, post that shit already.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dunxco wrote: »
    It was ME, Deveric!

It was ME all along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Truly, deveric, I was panicking like no-mans business considering how long it'd been and there was no word of a packaged arrival. Enjoy the loot!

Haha! thanks a lot! Good gifts indeed, much Christmas joy was spread, and chocolates were eated and crowds were watched!

deveric on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Draysoth wrote: »
    tpbg.jpg

Woot! Mere_Immortal, I was your santa! I absolutely love that show, book, and games, so I hope you do too!

Now if I could only figure out who my Santa is...

One of the best gifts I've seen this year. Worth noting things really pick up after Season 1. I just pretend like it doesn't exist and skip it whenever I go to watch the boys.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftget.gif

But wait, I was already gifted hard! Well, JAEF is just that awesome.

Woke up today to see two Steam games waiting for me:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1291663426header_292x136.jpg?t=1289337722

Very, very awesome, Sir JAEF!

See, he had generously given me a 4000 point MS card as part of my original gift package, but alas I am Canadian. Point cards are region specific, and I cannot redeem it.

Thanks again man!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man.

Divinity II is hells of fun.

You turn into a dragon :D

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love this thread, it makes me smile so much to see how total strangers are so kind to each other!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ooh! I just got a box that has snarky writing and duct tape on it! This bodes well!

I won't be able to open it until this evening, but all the while I will be undressing it with my mind.

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
This discussion has been closed.