As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

A Wild Envelope appears!

1-103.jpg

Metal Gear Rex moves in to investigate with his round shoulder-radar!

2-31.jpg

Having detected no body heat or radioactivity, Rex sounds the all-clear, and proceeds to shear off the end of the envelope with his annoying crotch-mounted laser thingie.

3-13.jpg

What do we have here? Coal? But I swear I've been a good boy all year, Santa!

4-7.jpg

And Super Scribblenauts!

5-6.jpg

Thanks Rorus Raz!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Man, that was crazy. But I'm glad you finally got it.

Mer- er, Happy New Year!

See you all next time.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    IMG_0302.jpg

In end game territory stuff now.

See the game isn't so bad... In fact I quite like it in the end!

urahonky on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    FEAR AND AWE
    IN YOUR EYES

(I really liked Blue Dragon when I played it)

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Man, that was crazy. But I'm glad you finally got it.

Mer- er, Happy New Year!

See you all next time.

You can still say Merry Christmas; there's one more day. Tomorrow's Twelfth Night. :P

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

A wild box appears!

Dante and Lila check for goodies!
    20110103160522.jpg

Lila quickly loses interest, but Dante perserveres!
    20110103160511.jpg

A wild box uses literacy, it's super effective!
    20110103160758.jpg

A book that Gabe and Tycho have posted about in the past, excited to get started on this one!

Ah, but there is more! Traitor attack!
    169771_sm-.jpg

This is an excellent board game, super fun! The best part about it is how that game changes each playthrough. Basically, at some point during the game, one of 50 tweests! happens that changes how the game will play out.

Wait a sec...there seems to be some sort of coded message on the gift receipt...

...some type of sinister http code!
    From the Desk of Evil Badman
    Greetings Mr. ForceVoid!

I apologize for the somewhat impersonal letter this year, as I could not include it with your gifts. You were quite the strange person to stalk, with your fervent support of MMOs such as Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft and continued posting in the Dungeons and Dragons thread in Critical Failures. Rather than pander to these specific tastes, I imagined that your tastes were similar to my own, an admitted WoW fiend and a dabbling 4th edition GM. As such, I think these two items should be up your alley. Hopefully, I did not stray far from the path.

Included herein are Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind, a marvelous novel which Gabe and Tycho were recently praising highly. It is a fantastic fantasy novel and incredibly character driven. Additionally, in the event that you have friends outside of the computer screen, you can alienate them beyond all feasible means with your very own copy of the classic Betrayal at House on the Hill. A word of serious warning, however, the tiles tend to warp so you may want to place them beneath a heavy object to dissuade this.

A third gift for you has been planned, however I am unable to procure it at this time. Needless to say, I believe that this one is blatantly stolen from your wishlist:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/57650/ss_1bb23bfd3d6ead87e55e2cf442d462f38f09fdb3.600x338.jpg?t=1292348971

How could I resist a game wherein you are in fact, an evil, bad man? As soon as this become available on steam, you will be receiving a gifted copy.

Merry Christmas and First Week of February!

EvilBadman

A third gift, from Steam no less! I must say I am chomping at the bit to play this new Dungeon Keeper-esque game, as the originals produced some very fine gaming memories in my youth.

EvilBadman, you may be a moustache-twirling villian, but you are a fine, fine Santa. Thank you so much!

Bonus doggie pic:
    A wild box is defeated, well done, Dante!

20110103160849.jpg

Neurotika on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

A wild box appears!

Dante and Lila check for goodies!
    169769_sm-.jpg

Lila quickly loses insterest, but Dante perserveres!
    169768_sm-.jpg

A wild box uses literacy, it's super effective!
    169770_sm-.jpg

A book that Gabe and Tycho have posted about in the past, excited to get started on this one!

Ah, but there is more! Traitor attack!
    169771_sm-.jpg

This is an excellent board game, super fun! The best part about it is how that game changes each playthrough. Basically, at some point during the game, one of 50 tweests! happens that changes how the game will play out.

Wait a sec...there seems to be some sort of coded message on the gift receipt...

...some type of sinister http code!
    From the Desk of Evil Badman
    Greetings Mr. ForceVoid!

I apologize for the somewhat impersonal letter this year, as I could not include it with your gifts. You were quite the strange person to stalk, with your fervent support of MMOs such as Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft and continued posting in the Dungeons and Dragons thread in Critical Failures. Rather than pander to these specific tastes, I imagined that your tastes were similar to my own, an admitted WoW fiend and a dabbling 4th edition GM. As such, I think these two items should be up your alley. Hopefully, I did not stray far from the path.

Included herein are Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind, a marvelous novel which Gabe and Tycho were recently praising highly. It is a fantastic fantasy novel and incredibly character driven. Additionally, in the event that you have friends outside of the computer screen, you can alienate them beyond all feasible means with your very own copy of the classic Betrayal at House on the Hill. A word of serious warning, however, the tiles tend to warp so you may want to place them beneath a heavy object to dissuade this.

A third gift for you has been planned, however I am unable to procure it at this time. Needless to say, I believe that this one is blatantly stolen from your wishlist:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/57650/ss_1bb23bfd3d6ead87e55e2cf442d462f38f09fdb3.600x338.jpg?t=1292348971

How could I resist a game wherein you are in fact, an evil, bad man? As soon as this become available on steam, you will be receiving a gifted copy.

Merry Christmas and First Week of February!

EvilBadman

A third gift, from Steam no less! I must say I am chomping at the bit to play this new Dungeon Keeper-esque game, as the originals produced some very fine gaming memories in my youth.

EvilBadman, you may be a moustache-twirling villian, but you are a fine, fine Santa. Thank you so much!

Bonus doggie pic:
    A wild box is defeated, well done, Dante!

169772_sm-.jpg

I secretly feared you owned one or both of those. Thank god. :D

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did everyone end up getting a gift this year then?

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know what year this was for G&T SS? I'm just wondering how long it's been going on.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Broken pics yo

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know what year this was for G&T SS? I'm just wondering how long it's been going on.

I've been told I can expect mine to arrive mid-January.

e: I swear I don't plan these totp's. Chalk me up to another terrible one.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    Broken pics yo

Fixed, thanks.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I think my first one was either 2004 or 2005 (under an old username before we could politely ask for a name change). Captain K used to head them up, so he might know for sure?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

I've finally landed back home after a busy christmas. A plethora of games was gifted to me over Steam by Ah_Pook.

GamesSanta.png

Can't wait to get stuck into some labwork so I can sneakily play games whilst things are scanning away and these games will all run great on my laptop. So some mighty fine choices indeed.

Thanks again!

Rook on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

I think my first one was either 2004 or 2005 (under an old username before we could politely ask for a name change). Captain K used to head them up, so he might know for sure?

Think 2005 was the first.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rook wrote: »
    Guardian of Light, Serious Samzzz, Super Meat Boy

Can't wait to get stuck into some labwork so I can sneakily play games whilst things are scanning away and these games will all run great on my laptop. So some mighty fine choices indeed.

Guardian of Light is my Game of the Year. Your Santa did good.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guardian of Light, Serious Samzzz, Super Meat Boy

Guardian of Light is my Game of the Year. Your Santa did good.

Yeah, I'm really happy. Enjoyed the recent run of Tomb Raider games, so shall be really interested to check this one out.

Rook on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, Santa, I'm loving playing Clash of Heroes - I've already flatted my DS battery once! Good job I'm off work still!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    been busy

will post gift tonight

MrDelish on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awaiting my gift still, but a proxy informed me last week that things were being shipped on Monday so I should have it soon. I am waiting with a :3 face!

Henroid on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Awaiting my gift still, but a proxy informed me last week that things were being shipped on Monday so I should have it soon. I am waiting with a :3 face!

Not to sound like a dick, but should gifts really be shipping after Christmas?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, Santa, I'm loving playing Clash of Heroes - I've already flatted my DS battery once! Good job I'm off work still!

Huzzah! I'm still playing mine as well. I'm to the third character in campaign. I think I liked the elves the best so far...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have received a snack-sized gift from my Santa to tide me over till the full feast arrives.

Bit.Trip Beat!

These games have tantalized me for quite awhile, and when I unlocked Captain Video in SMB I was even more curious. No longer shall these throwback amazingnesses taunt me, I shall dip into their world and taste of the fruits they've been hiding!

My santa will be revealed upon full gift post.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

I've finally landed back home after a busy christmas. A plethora of games was gifted to me over Steam by Ah_Pook.

GamesSanta.png

Thanks again!
    Nice. I've always meant to try the Serious Sam games. They look like a lot of fun.

anoffday on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »

First of all, I went on vacation for a week so I had a timeframe set for my Secret Santa (both here and in SE++) to ship before or after it. I didn't plan on holding it against them if it was after, and I don't.

Second, if you're offended by it, you clarify it when you sign up. Me, I understand shit happens sometimes and a week or two delay may happen. I'm pretty forgiving.

Third, in the hypothetical situation that I didn't know the status, I signed up for this knowing there was a chance I'd get deadbeat'd on. But the reality is I'm not being deadbeated on.

So relax. Because you do sound like a dick.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Secret Santa is only tangentially related to Xmas, didn't you get the meme? (the last of my gifts was sent out yesterday and has to cross the Atlantic Ocean to reach it's destination)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    G&T Secret Winter Gnomes

JAEF on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just keeping you in the loop Santa - my giftage has yet to arrive from the other side of the pond. Though I did receive a magazine subscription that I didn't personally buy... was that your doing? If so, I'll be sure to include it in my round-up.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I vote we do a "G&T Secret Sunny Summer Santa in Shorts".

Just to tide me over to next winter.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There was one of those in Crit Failures last year, was a good time.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

What would you prefer? That Henroid decline his gifts because it's not Christmas?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

What would you prefer? That Henroid decline his gifts because it's not Christmas?

That people ship Christmas gifts before January, I imagine.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

Well he isn't a deadbeat.

If the gift is sent then it's fine.

People have lives that sometimes don't match up very well with other plans.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

Well he isn't a deadbeat.

If the gift is sent then it's fine.

People have lives that sometimes don't match up very well with other plans.

I agree that as long as a gift is sent it should be fine, but really, if you can't find time to get something sent in the month we had before Christmas you're probably too busy to be posting here.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I vote we do a "G&T Secret Sunny Summer Santa in Shorts".

Just to tide me over to next winter.
    That'd be awesome. G&T Secret Christmas in July Santa!

anoffday on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    here we go

GiftGet4b.gif
    imag0173k.jpg

A pair of Maverick Nerf guns, for me and "a friend". I perhaps suspect they are more likely to be used against enemies, in the dual wielded fashion. Thanks a lot Santa, they are excellent toys/weapons.

I didn't see any mention of who my Santa was, so please reveal yourself!

Also, this gift didn't arrive late, I'm just a lame Santee and didn't get a chance to post a picture yet.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Awesome. Yeah, friends? No. Dual wield that.

anoffday on
  • Options
    battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why would anyone sign up for Secret Santa and expect the gifts to arrive in the second week of January other than a shipping mishap? Shit Happens is reserved for an ailment, my car got wrecked, lost my job, or something of a somewhat serious nature. But for people to have a "finally got around to it" attitude is unacceptable.

Aside from that , awesome NERF guns! If you google it, some guys have gotten those Mavericks to look like Hellboys gun.

battledrill on

edited January 2011
    I've also just noticed that the airtight bags they come in are slightly larger than a human head. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

LewieP on
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's still the twelfth day of Christmas today, so technically gifts aren't being sent out after Christmas until tomorrow. Chill out :P

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JHunz wrote: »
    It's still the twelfth day of Christmas today, so technically gifts aren't being sent out after Christmas until tomorrow. Chill out :P

Well, no, the deadline was December 31st. You're not going to get banned if your Santee receives his gift a week or so late for whatever reason, but come on... you have had two months.

Just like the requirement of spending a minimum of $20 on your gift, there was a deadline for a reason. If it's okay to shrug off the deadline because you were just too busy, why isn't okay to shrug off the gift because you lost your job, couldn't get out to shop, etc?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
This discussion has been closed.