Options

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

• Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was just in a baaaad solo queue ranked game.

Our Malz was no-where near team fights

Our Morde was stupid and kept running in the enemy jungle for no reason even when i said STAY WAY FROM THEIR JUNGLE and was basically feeding the whole game. I think he ended 2/14/5

Our Anivia was good, I was good (Zilean!), and our Ez was just so-so.

The other team was Udyr, Shen, Ashe, Sona, and Fiddle.

It went back and forth, but our stupid Morde (with the Ionian boots!) and stupid Malz ruined it for us. They kept targetting the tanks instead of their two dps people (Ashe and Fiddle).

Oh well, cant win them all! At least 3 people who know how to play are better than 0.

AND stupid top kept getting ganked every 2 minutes and I told thme to buy wards...of course they didnt and ganked ganked ganked ganked

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    This game is too complicated for humans to play.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    This game is too complicated for humans to play.
    Wait, you're human? We're all genetically engineered mice.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was just in a baaaad solo queue ranked game.

Our Malz was no-where near team fights

Our Morde was stupid and kept running in the enemy jungle for no reason even when i said STAY WAY FROM THEIR JUNGLE and was basically feeding the whole game. I think he ended 2/14/5

Our Anivia was good, I was good (Zilean!), and our Ez was just so-so.

The other team was Udyr, Shen, Ashe, Sona, and Fiddle.

It went back and forth, but our stupid Morde (with the Ionian boots!) and stupid Malz ruined it for us. They kept targetting the tanks instead of their two dps people (Ashe and Fiddle).

Oh well, cant win them all! At least 3 people who know how to play are better than 0.

AND stupid top kept getting ganked every 2 minutes and I told thme to buy wards...of course they didnt and ganked ganked ganked ganked

I know it sounds ridiculous, but when I solo queue and I see that people aren't buying the wards they NEED (solo mid is against akali/twitch, top is getting jungle ganked, etc), I just bite the bullet buy the wards place them and tell them to thank me.

Can't rely on people to be smart, sometimes you have to be smart for them.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Sion is good, but he can't carry a team for the most part. I learned that the hard way.
    AP Sion can't (though he's very strong on a good team). AD Sion can. Cleanse/Ghost + his ult and a decent quantity of AD/crit (Ghostblade/IE/PD being the ideal trifecta), and he will draintank everything while putting out superb dps.

yes, ad sion carries teams, depending on the other team, but he can't be the only dangerous thing on said team, or he will get raped in a hurry.

o, sorry, almost forgot. deathcap deathcaap, deathcap, op, lulz, deathcaps, insert op champ name, deathcap, broken.

as was just demonstrated in my recent game. 7-0-1 most of the game, team realizes I'm the only real threat on team, focuses me every team fight, wins. end up 9-3-something.

it's worse with ap sion. sion needs a good team for him to carry.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    as was just demonstrated in my recent game. 7-0-1 most of the game, team realizes I'm the only real threat on team, focuses me every team fight, wins. end up 9-3-something.
    Did you run cleanse? I find that tends to help bucketloads once the enemy team catches on.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yup, cleanse/ghost, 3300 hp, blown up every fight, even with ult up. didn't help that the rest of my team fed a teemo to 15 some stack of an occult. so i try taking out the nuidalee first, teemo would eat me, so I try diving on teemo, entire team jumps on me. rest of my team beats on shen for whatever reason. amumu ults after I die, ect.

I mean, if your team is atleast not completely brain dead, then you should be okay, but you can't carry a brain dead team, and thats what i got.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Get with the programme yourself. Focus the Sion when he pops shield and he loses all his damage. Every time we lost a teamfight to Sion I posted this (several times in some games) until the team started doing it. Likewise, when I played Sion, he was carry-material up until he started getting focused hard during shields.

And I haven't lost a game solo queuing since the patch, during which time the only Banksy characters I've played are three games of Sion (one pubstomp where anyone farmed could have carried, and two where the enemy team was fairly co-ordinated with their teamfights) and one game of Poppy (who is much more hilarious).

So yeah.
    You aren't understanding.

When Sion fights, he runs in, stuns you, then blows up the shield and walks away.

That is all he does as AP and that's all he needs.

Stun -> Explode shield = dead, if not almost dead.

And by the way, "killing his shield" isn't so fucking easy when he had 650 AP and can decide to detonate it after you have hit it for 3 seconds.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gragas gets nearly the same ratios and no one is complaining about gragas, not sure why.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rakuen is RIGHT.

Fizban - because everyone has been dealing with OP Gragas' forever, but people are only now realizing the TERROR THAT IS SION.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gragas gets nearly the same ratios and no one is complaining about gragas, not sure why.
    Cause Gragas can't 2 shot people.

and I don't think he has the same ratios.

Also, Sion can go mejais/hat and it'll significantly increase his survivability, whereas Gragas, he'll die in like 4 hits.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how is this game? People still playing it? Have they done anything to fix endless frustration?

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cause Gragas can't 2 shot people.

Also, Sion can go mejais/hat and it'll significantly increase his survivability, whereas Gragas, he'll die in like 4 hits.

But gragas can stay back and toss barrels, he doesn't have to get close to do damage.

Also I still can't start at red on Shaco, tried 21/0/9 and 11/0/19 might try some defensive stuff but I just can't start at red, or if I do I am so low mana and hp that there is no point. Everyone talks shit to me for starting at blue as Shaco, maybe it is my runes. I followed this guide online (that starts at red) with armor pen runes, cdr and mp/5. Maybe I need armor pen, crit dmg and crit chance.
    Have they done anything to fix endless frustration?
    Not sure if I understand, you mean like uninstalling the game?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    But gragas can stay back and toss barrels, he doesn't have to get close to do damage.

Also I still can't start at red on Shaco, tried 21/0/9 and 11/0/19 might try some defensive stuff but I just can't start at red, or if I do I am so low mana and hp that there is no point. Everyone talks shit to me for starting at blue as Shaco, maybe it is my runes. I followed this guide online (that starts at red) with armor pen runes, cdr and mp/5. Maybe I need armor pen, crit dmg and crit chance.

Not sure if I understand, you mean like uninstalling the game?
    ok guy you go and get a mejais/hat on gragas and see how much fun that is.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    /headdesk. Yes, insta-lock into two carries to finalize the team when we don't have a tank.
    Three ganks and a dragon kill in laning phase as WW before finding out these guys can't teamfight worth shit.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to start working with the stunners and taunters more. I'm having more success lately but having a good stun set up to get everything you need down then ulting as malzahar is such a nice feeling. Supression is such an awsome way to lock down enemy champs so your team can kill them.

Oop, you have 3500hp? my pool is doing 15% of that a tick and my ult is almost 1400. It actually makes focusing a tank feasible in certain situations, since some of them are doing crazy dmg these days anyways.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    /headdesk. Yes, insta-lock into two carries to finalize the team when we don't have a tank.
    Three ganks and a dragon kill in laning phase as WW before finding out these guys can't teamfight worth shit.

I had an awesome game where everyone one of us was a carry or Mage. Kassdin took mid, We had an akali, I can't remember who else but we destroyed the other team.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gragas and Sion have very similar ratios:

Gragas:
    Barrel Roll=.9
    Exploding Cask=1.0
    Body Slam= like, .5 ap+something ad

Sion:
    Stun: 1
    Shield:1

They're putting out very similar amounts of damage...but Gragas's damage isn't in the form of a stun and a damage absorbing shield

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well that was amusing.

I was in a 3-man premade and managed to get paired against someone on my friends list.

Poor bugger was playing kat, every team fight I save my taunt specifically for her ult. It wasn't pretty.

Also no deathcap's or Sion players to be seen that game, I was surprised.

olliedag on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

That's like two nunu snowballs in a row. Seriously. Same ratio. And nunu can do two within 4 seconds. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And by the way, "killing his shield" isn't so fucking easy when he had 650 AP and can decide to detonate it after you have hit it for 3 seconds.
    It's called crowd control, hipster.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Gragas:
    Barrel Roll=.9
    Exploding Cask=1.0

Sion:

They're putting out very similar amounts of damage...but Gragas's damage isn't in the form of a stun and a damage absorbing shield

Yeah, that detail is the important bit. Gragas won't always hit you with his spells (though his ult is incredibly easy to aim if you're just aiming for damage, of course) but unless you have a Banshee's then Sion's stun will always hit, and it's not particularly tricky to follow up that stun with a shield explosion.

Slicer on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I had an awesome game where everyone one of us was a carry or Mage. Kassdin took mid, We had an akali, I can't remember who else but we destroyed the other team.

I'm not saying it can't work. But it doesn't work if your team has the IQ of plankton.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Good AP Sion playing requires finesse, and a REAL tank on your team. You need to understand when to get in and to get out, how long to wait before charging (and popping) your shield, how to destroy BV's so that you can get your stun off in a useful manner, etc etc.

TAIN'T SO EZ DUDES :(

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Gragas:
    Barrel Roll=.9
    Exploding Cask=1.0

Sion:

Yeah I don't count the shield because it never gets off against a good team mid game or later.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The thing about stealth counterjunglers that you're not understanding is that you're not competing against them. It is not at all the same thing as being ganked in the lane, where you have a chance to react, use abilities, positioning, etc to your advantage.

You don't interact with a dedicated counterjungler at all. You just find your creep camps gone throughout the game and fall farther and farther behind. If you do happen to run across the counterjungler (which is rare because they keep tabs on you and go where you aren't), they just finish one creep and stealth away laughing.

You can buy Oracle's, but that sets you even farther behind; you're already behind, and now you're even weaker in fights, which is a big deal because you need to stay alive or your Oracle's is gone.

If you've never been behind in the jungle, you probably wouldn't understand. It's crippling. Junglers already naturally fall farther behind the longer the game goes on, and when you throw in counterjungling, you're talking about always being the lowest level in the game by multiple levels. It's a really helpless feeling, and that's what destroys the fun.

And yes, I agree with what was said above that stealth is a broken mechanic in general. I don't think they're ever going to find a way to make it work and should just completely ditch or drastically re-work the mechanic. But that's a different discussion entirely.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    kedinik wrote: »

Gragas:
    Barrel Roll=.9
    Exploding Cask=1.0

Sion:

Yeah I don't count the shield because it never gets off against a good team mid game or later.

Where as the barrel hits everyone everytime forever?

I mean, if you don't count the shield, then you can't count barrel roll. It's just as easy to...you know, move around, as it is to focus Sion.

So then you have Exploding Cask/Body slam vs Like, the best single-target stun in the game.

I mean, everytime I hit someone with the barrel roll as Gragas, I feel like that person should be embarrassed.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    OremLK wrote: »

And yes, I agree with what was said above that stealth is a broken mechanic in general. I don't think they're ever going to find a way to make it work and should just completely ditch or drastically re-work the mechanic. But that's a different discussion entirely.

My problem with stealth is that, out of the gate, there just isn't a way to counter it. Or, not enough ways to counter it.

Yes, you can buy an oracle's elixir, but why isn't there an anti-stealth champion? Why the fuck doesn't all of Lux's moves reveal stealthed units in a radius around them?

That laser beam is a shit ton of light, and bitches be castin' shadows man

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The chance of a barrel hitting someone increases as more enemies are involved in a fight. The chance of a shield hitting people decreases as more (competent) enemies are involved in a fight.
    Yes, you can buy an oracle's elixir, but why isn't there an anti-stealth champion?
    Aside from a pure anti-stealth champion being entirely niche, Nidalee and Corki especially, and Teemo and Caitlyn to a lesser extent, have anti-stealth mechanics.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wasn't Corki's anti-stealth thing removed?

reVerse on
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buyin' deathcap on erry champ

Going to try it on Tristana next

Tristana actually has scary AP ratios.

Like 1.5 on her ult and 2.0 on her DOT.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The chance of a barrel hitting someone increases as more enemies are involved in a fight. The chance of a shield hitting people decreases as more (competent) enemies are involved in a fight.

Depending on when you decide to join the fight as Sion.

It's like, that Sion that comes out of the bush ready to blow and stuns your carry or stuns or crowd control guy and then pops his shield before you can react is deadly as fuck.

I mean, Sion's usefulness just becomes about timing, yes, you can shut him the fuck down if you pop the shield early or just stun him and then pop it.

But I mean, now we're just doing useless theory crafting, because I can sit here all day and go "LOLOLOLOLOOL JUST USE FLASH AND THEN POP IT BEFORE ANYONE KNOWS WHATS UP"

And I'm sure you'll have a counter prepared, I'm just saying, for raw-damage output, give me AP-Sion over AP-Gragas any day, I'd rather have the stun and the shield over the Barrels.

But give me Fat-Gragas over anyone anyday too.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    reVerse wrote: »
    Wasn't Corki's anti-stealth thing removed?
    Ah, you're right; I thought they put it back in but they fixed it giving no line of sight that was bugged when they removed the stealth detection. 8(

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm just saying, the Lady of Luminosity should reveal stealthed units.

Giant laser beam of light>Whatever the fuck Twitch is doing.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I mean, I'm not even necessarily saying Stealth is overpowered, I just really dislike the contortions it puts the gameplay through in order to try and make it balanced and counterable. Does anyone actually find buying Oracle's Elixir and Sight Wards fun? I sure as hell don't. It just feels like a chore. And I'm even more sure that people don't find it anymore fun having to constantly think about evading the stealth champion when they don't have wards/Oracles!

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I mean, I'm not even necessarily saying Stealth is overpowered, I just really dislike the contortions it puts the gameplay through in order to try and make it balanced and counterable. Does anyone actually find buying Oracle's Elixir and Sight Wards fun? I sure as hell don't. It just feels like a chore. And I'm even more sure that people don't find it anymore fun having to constantly think about evading the stealth champion when they don't have wards/Oracles!

Orem...I want you to play like, Kennen, get into a randomly selected match where you end up going mid against Twitch.

Or just laning against Twitch in general.

Then tell me buying Vision Wards isn't fun. Try to tell me that then.

Edit: And I'm not saying it's overpowered, I'm just saying there needs to be more ways to counter it without spending money. As it is those ways are "Hope they walk over Caitlyn's, Nidalee's, or Teemo's traps"

But they just might not do that, they don't need to go through the sneaky ways other characters do(the places traps/shrooms are normally placed) because they can turn invisible and just not give a fuck.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sion just isn't terribly good.

He's great if the other team is dumb enough to play to his strengths and dead weight if they're not.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, it's fun when it's part of a 1v1 lane matchup, but that's not really what I'm talking about. When it's just like "wellp there's Eve ganking us, they have a 3v2 advantage, we better back up" that's not rewarding. When it's like "I don't have a vision ward yet and they have an Eve so I can't play aggressive AT ALL", that's not fun either.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    But I mean, now we're just doing useless theory crafting, because I can sit here all day and go "LOLOLOLOLOOL JUST USE FLASH AND THEN POP IT BEFORE ANYONE KNOWS WHATS UP"
    Luckily my Annie has Bearstun up and Taric, TF, Shen and Udyr are ready to stun.

Regarding the whole wards business, it's good that they're starting to look at the whole warding thing. I'm not entirely sure why they think having wards take three hits is going to make it more balanced for melee to kill them instead of ranged, but whatever.

But at the moment, pink wards are horribly expensive (especially for their duration), and I think there should be some mid-tier ward that can be used to detect stealthed characters but not wards, and lasts close to if not exactly as long as green wards.

And Oracles is a horrible risk:reward item. If you're in a strong position and the enemy has a stealthed character and is warding a bit, it's a massive reward for minimal risk. Destroy their map awareness and one of their characters at once. On the other hand, if you're not doing so well, and are in the same position otherwise, it's a horrific risk:reward item.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    JustPlainEvilJustPlainEvil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, it's fun when it's part of a 1v1 lane matchup, but that's not really what I'm talking about. When it's just like "wellp there's Eve ganking us, they have a 3v2 advantage, we better back up" that's not rewarding. When it's like "I don't have a vision ward yet and they have an Eve so I can't play aggressive AT ALL", that's not fun either.

That sounds fun to me. (I play eve :P)

JustPlainEvil on
    steam_sig.png

Steam ID : JustPlainEvil
This discussion has been closed.