As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn, Loco plays a pretty mean Kog'Maw on his stream. Builds him the same way I do apparently which is nifty.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    What spells have you guys been running on your Xins? My buddy usually runs Flash/Ignite. I've been trying combinations of Ghost/Exhaust, Exhaust/Ignite, Ghost/Ignite, etc
    Ghost Flash.

Ghost to get into the melee, Flash to get out again. 9/0/21.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Malady is a great item on ranged AS/AP hybrids like Teemo, Kayle, and TF (an argument can be made for guys like Jax but he has other priorities). It's kind of junky on pure AS guys like Xin.

SotD is the pure offensive AS choice, Wit's/Stark's/Bloodrazor (depending on need and gold available) are the defensive choices.

In other news, I can't make killer Xin work for the life of me. If he can't get those early couple kills during laning (partner gets it or its an unfavorable lane), I always seem to need to switch to tank Xin.

I'm having the same problem. Although one thing I've found is that move speed quints really help with his early lane phase, so you can GTFO or into a fight. But I still really have a hard time deciding on if ultimately HP or ArmPen Quints will help in the long run even more.

Is jungling Xin still viable? I'd imagine him being somewhat of a terror on ganks, especially with red.
    Jungle Xin was marginal to begin with, but the health regen on level nerf fucked him hard, so no not really.

Poo. Although I'm curious if you run all AS runes and start with W...hmm... yeah, probably not.

Speaking of jungling, I smurfed last night to play with our newbie buddy and decided to jungle Fiddle. Ran into a bug on wraiths where he just stopped auto attacking, and wouldn't start auto attacking at all which ultimately lead to my death. Which lead to me being way behind in levels and money, and not able to gank the side lanes.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jungle Xin was marginal to begin with, but the health regen on level nerf fucked him hard, so no not really.
    Just tested jungle Xin, with non-optimal runes, he still goes minis->blue (skipping red) in about 4 minutes, without going below 50% hp. It's slower than the best junglers, but it's still not what I'd called "fucked".

What build are you going?

The run above was 0/21/9, Cloth+5, ArPen/Dodge(should be AS)/CDR (could be AS)/Crit (could be AS or ArPen).

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    With all this Sion lovin going around maybe people with experience with Sion can post some builds? Do people get max CDR on him and what would be a good way of doing so? Also specs and stuff :D

been experiment

final verdict is not yet in.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just played a game against an akali named "SunAboveClouds" and every team fight I was reading her name and thinking how calming it was

so calmmmmmmmmmmm

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I think I figured out why my game runs so messed up. I just got booted out of a match at start and my client is like 1.0.0.107 and the server version is 1.0.0.108.

Joy. Reinstalling now.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Just tested jungle Xin, with non-optimal runes, he still goes minis->blue (skipping red) in about 4 minutes, without going below 50% hp. It's slower than the best junglers, but it's still not what I'd called "fucked".

The run above was 0/21/9, Cloth+5, ArPen/Dodge(should be AS)/CDR (could be AS)/Crit (could be AS or ArPen).

I wonder if ArmPen Reds/Quints and AS Blues/Yellows would work well with same items and 8/13/9 for AS in offence. Not really sure on the masteries though.

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just played a game against an akali named "SunAboveClouds" and every team fight I was reading her name and thinking how calming it was

so calmmmmmmmmmmm

butteryfly in the skyyyyyyyyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Onions are delicious.

But yeah I was just last hitting for the most part, the enemy was fortunately not so they pushed hard and I had a chance to take advantage of my passive. The Lux was not terrible, just way too aggressive, she kept getting caught by pants leaping out of the brush and stunning her, I would jump in, knock him up and he would usually run but she caught a stun on him once and we killed him.

478654112_3f5d874b61.jpg

fucking delish.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    butteryfly in the skyyyyyyyyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs
    dude you just made my nostalgic 8 yr old self get a boner.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to go get on the Reading Rainbow and have myself an Awesome Blossom.

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fellhand wrote: »
    So I think I figured out why my game runs so messed up. I just got booted out of a match at start and my client is like 1.0.0.107 and the server version is 1.0.0.108.

Joy. Reinstalling now.

Did you just do a system restore? Don't do that. =/ System restore is the only reason I have my 2 leaves.

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    when I was a kid I remember trying an onion ring expecting something similar to a french fry

fucking disgusting

Jars on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    when I was a kid I remember trying an onion ring expecting something similar to a french fry

fucking disgusting

If you are expecting a french fry...that would be absolutely disgusting. But onion rings are SO TASTY

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Especially dipped in honey!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Or in chipotle ranch.

E: I'm freaking hungry now.

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate the onion inside the onion rig. If people made onion rings, THEN REMOVED THE ONION, I would love it.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate the onion inside the onion rig. If people made onion rings, THEN REMOVED THE ONION, I would love it.

So you want fried batter?

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I had a friend who cracked open every onion ring and pulled the onion out. He loved onion rings, hated onions. Every time, I'd just say "mmmm fried breaded grease!", and he'd scoff and carry on eating onion ring skin.

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck this forum, it is now making me as hungry as Man vs. Food does. DAMN IT

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Oniony fried batter, correct.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Even better - beer batter onion rings.

E: Fuck - I'm stopping talking about food - I'm stuck at work until I finish this patching spree and this is making it stupid hard to concentrate.

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I make these badass chicken cutlets. They're butterfly cut, then three stage breaded (all stages uses lots of garlic), then fried in olive oil. They're soooo good. You can then take them and make chicken parmesan if you like.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

funyuns_lrg.jpg
    ?

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Quick, I need a build order. I have a $20 gift card for Pizza Hut. Should I build a pizza or stack hot wings?!

I've been dying for Funyuns for the last few days. Damn this thread

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Stragint wrote: »
    Quick, I need a build order. I have a $20 gift card for Pizza Hut. Should I build a pizza or stack hot wings?!

You should queue dodge the Pizza Hut and get a real pizza.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Damnit I have eaten anything because im going out for dinner and this thread is killing me. I HAVE to order an onion ring now.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Saldonas wrote: »

QFT

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

QFT

MonkeyConQueso on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

QFT

But I don't have money so I can't afford a real pizza

Stragint on

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    there are zero chips of any kind in the house

i am

so sad

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You know, this is a couple weeks late to post but I figured I'd just share the joy of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysfQjKKi70

Oh and fuck you if you don't like french fries.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Let it be known. I hate Free Shen week.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only thing better than onion are grilled garlic cloves.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i have nothing but sour cream and tuna to dip my tortilla chips in... wait! i can use the tapatio, mix it all together, and have some rockin' chip dip!

The only thing better than onion are grilled garlic cloves.

pickled garlic :D

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played a game as Morgana and wound up with a ton of assists. I wasn't really paying attention to the score. I was too busy trying to Bind chasers, shield my allies, and drop Tormented Soil underneath anyone stupid enough to not move out of the way. I love laning as her and harassing the shit out of people, then pulling off a kill with a combo out of nowhere. I just need to learn to aim my skill shots better, since there were a few kills that we lost thanks to me whiffing a Dark Binding and hitting the fucking trees. Or a minion. ><

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »

I wonder if ArmPen Reds/Quints and AS Blues/Yellows would work well with same items and 8/13/9 for AS in offence. Not really sure on the masteries though.
    Those seem similar? Maybe the crit instead of health is helping out. I'm basing this off one of my friends who more commonly plays Xin and was unhappy with his jungling to begin with. Then again, he could well be incompetent.

Either way, he's so strong in alot of lanes that I can't imagine you would want to put him there as opposed to like half a dozen other champions.

In other news, Olaf continues to amuse in ranked. I was last pick, enemy team had Akali (first pick wtf), TF (don't care 'bout your gold card), Nasus (or your wither), Sion (or your cryptic gaze), and WW (or your ult). Every fight TF, you are going to die and then I am going to turn around and clean up the remnants of your team that decided for whatever inexplicable reason that chasing Leblanc was the best use of your resources.

So many GAs on both sides, though, it was amazing. On my team, Mundo and I had one. On their team, Akali and Nasus had them. I spent the second to last fight basically hiding inside Mundo at <100 HP as we wailed on someone for a solid 10 seconds and they couldn't manage to pop my GA with AoE, it was great.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a fun possible bug in the game last night, maybe its a feature?

I was Zilean laning with an Eve (since she didnt want to jungle)

So I thought it would be funny to put a bomb on her as she was stealthing.

So I bombed her, she walked towards the enemy, bomb went off, enemies got hurt, she was still in stealth!

So is it a bug that Zilean's bombs on Eve keep Eve stealthed and hurts the enemies or a fun feature?

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fun feature. Sunfire Eve used to work on a similar principle.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.