Options

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

• Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I've never played any of the other games in this series, but were killstreaks always selected by account? I find myself wishing more and more that I could set them individually based on which class I am using.

Only this and MW2 had killstreaks you could choose. CoD4 and W@W only had 3 and they were the same for everybody.

No, they've never let you change them per-class for some reason that must make sense to somebody.

Picking killstreaks per loadout would have been severely broken in MW2 because of Army of One. You could just have a sequence of loadouts and keep reaping killstreaks.

ZarathustraEck on
    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    glithert wrote: »
    I don't get people who don't like aim assist

I mean if it's at crazy Halo 2 levels I can understand but this game isn't anywhere close to that

I have to agree. There's a slight bullshit factor with the Xray vision it grants through cover... but that works in your favor. And since quickscoping is gone, I don't see it being a problem.

At least, I've never played the game and said "dammit, I wish it didn't have aim assist!"

Socom 2 didn't have aim assist. It was perfectly playable. In fact, it is my favourite online shooter of all time. It's an absolute myth that you need aim assist to do well with a controller.

The X-Ray vision it grants is the biggest problem. It works through walls, around corners, outside of LOS, etc. It's really bullshit when you've setup to ambush someone you know is coming, but aim assist kicks in and gives away your position. I'd be totally okay with it if it only activated when there is LOS, but to be honest, I'd be a lot happier if they just did away with it entirely.

I turned it on and I haven't noticed.

Also... M14 + flamethrower is kickass. It looks vicious, and I had some good games with it. I think I will try it on the FAL next.

The flamethrower addresses two of the problems I have with the semi-autos-- if you run into someone in cqb, you are at a disadvantage because of ROF; also their hip-fire accuracy is pretty dismal in my experience. I switch to flame when going into tight spaces. It is kind of tricky, because you can get shot while your target burns, but it is awesomely brutal.

The M14's iron sights do take up a lot of the screen, but if you only ADS when you are shooting a guy, which is what you should be doing anyway, I don't think it is a big deal.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd say grab up a sight of your choosing. Personally, I think the AK irons are downright awful.

Insanity.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Gold weapons are tasteless.

Clearly you arent seasoning them properly.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like the default irons on every AR, pretty much. I always feel like putting red-dot or whatever is wasting a slot, so it only gets used on warlord classes since there isn't much else you can double up with anyways. SMG irons tend to be pretty shit though. Especially the fucking uzi.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    I like the default irons on every AR, pretty much. I always feel like putting red-dot or whatever is wasting a slot, so it only gets used on warlord classes since there isn't much else you can double up with anyways. SMG irons tend to be pretty shit though. Especially the fucking uzi.

AK is the only AR I have issues with as far as irons go. They bug me because they're identical to a really cheap BB gun I have.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I want Dual Mag, Ext. Mags, and Noobtube.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »

aka why warlord (without the PRO at any rate) is worthless.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I'd say grab up a sight of your choosing. Personally, I think the AK irons are downright awful.

Insanity.

The only AR irons better then the AK47 is the Galil.

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Seriously. If they were going to do what they did with the grenade launcher, they might as well have made them take the equipment slot instead. That way they could allow for underslung attachements to be used by warlord without an apparent double standard, and they'd still not have been able to be replenished.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think I'd have such a problem with warlord being useless on underbarrel attachments if they weren't so mediocre in general. I really don't think having a RDS with my masterkey is going to break the damn game.

Which reminds me, why does the flamethrower have to be such poop? Seems like it is inferior to the masterkey in a lot of ways. Range is the same or worse, it takes too long to kill people in core and uses far too much ammo. If I am lucky I average 30-50% of a tank to kill a person. So for me I can count on 4 kills at best. Masterkey has a decent chance at one or two shotting people and holds 12 rounds which can be refilled with scavenger.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    SploozooSploozoo Grillaface Richmond VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    On the topic of conc grenades earlier, they can kill someone at full health in hardcore if they get too close before it goes off. I've done it/had it happen a lot yesterday.

I don't think health regenerates in Hardcore - you sure it was full?

Sploozoo on
    Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I have an AUG with dual mags/suppressor and a RPK with ext mags/RDS (because of the terrible irons) that would disagree.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Quick Zombies question - if one person opens the Mystery Box, can someone else grab the weapon that appears?

Yes. They can also pick up weapons that you put into the super upgrader thingy in the projector room.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hooray, my clip uploaded. I call this 'RC Therapy: Part 2'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cdusq1Fhrg

Also, I notice emblems can be seen on guns now in theatre, sweet.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do you guys remember that Holiground dude that used to play with us?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Who?
    <3

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Quick Zombies question - if one person opens the Mystery Box, can someone else grab the weapon that appears?

Yes. They can also pick up weapons that you put into the super upgrader thingy in the projector room.

Untrue.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So since I'm going to start recording more, is there anything in particular you people would want to see? I've got some games where I got 104-8 and shit like that but if you wanted to see something like Tomahawk only FFA I can do that.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »

Untrue.

The first part or both? I swear one of my teammate was able to take the upgraded weapon.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So since I'm going to start recording more, is there anything in particular you people would want to see? I've got some games where I got 104-8 and shit like that but if you wanted to see something like Tomahawk only FFA I can do that.

A full PA game of a wager match (especially Sticks and Stones) is typically hilarious.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The AK irons become a problem at long range, when the recoil means that they obscure the guy you are shooting at. That is why I use RDS, because I do a lot of long range killin. But for mid range the iron sights are perfectly fine.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Play an entire match using the masterkey and the tomahawk and ballistic knife.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Play a match with a build that dual-wields anything, but only shoot with the gun in your right hand. Call it "Collector's Copy".

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Team Tactical once again guys. We should only run four man teams and destroy the rest of the populace.

Edit: Scat. I want to see a kill then a reload with the camera free roaming away and focusing on your emblem.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Use a Camera Spike effectively Scat!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The first part or both? I swear one of my teammate was able to take the upgraded weapon.

Both. They're tied to whoever bought the crate/upgrade.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hibernus on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »

Damn I miss being a SAS bad ass. Character model was so awesome.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How do I add a server without finding it in the browser anyway?

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    People who exclusively use the AK74 and the FAMAS.

Fuck.

Them.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    People who exclusively use the AK74 and the FAMAS.

Fuck.

Them.

:D

Hibernus on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Everything is so... monochrome.

Kris on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate all these bitch rules servers.

ooo walk/crouch and ads only! No running! No explosives!

If I had the disposable funds I'd make a

"Shotguns/Pistols only, no killstreaks, explosives, equipment! Tomahawks okay!" server just to be a jerk.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the 74u is about to have it's teeth kicked out.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

O_o [citation needed]

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9OwVNq9Vcw

My video uploaded! Nothing too special, but I uploaded it, like, 2 days ago when someone said there hadn't been any in a while. So I present, ankle biter.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha, yes, knife-dives. I still wish they let you fire your sidearm while you dive, that would be totally awesome. Also I finally got a triple-kill of my own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYd3-LmZtgI

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

O_o [citation needed]

Vonderhaar is giving the distinct impression they're going to give it a blanket party.

Hibernus on