As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Things that don't add up.

Why aren't more people voting out phyphor? Mafia don't leave guards alive and the certainly don't hit random other targets instead.

Actually, given that they can apparently quite effectively neutralize any guarding I would be doing, it's perfect. They just have to leave me alive long enough and I'll eventually draw a village vig or vote, which is just what they want

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Supposition: Matev and romanqwerty are bad, bad people.

Musing: Mafia are commonly given roleblocks, generally to stop a myriad of epic reveals.

Suggestion: Get rid of Matev and/or romanqwerty either today, or if you insist on voting Phyphor out, tomorrow.

Reminder: Garick is claiming odd things.

Vote: !Matev

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »

Why aren't more people voting out phyphor? Mafia don't leave guards alive and the certainly don't hit random other targets instead.

Actually, given that they can apparently quite effectively neutralize any guarding I would be doing, it's perfect. They just have to leave me alive long enough and I'll eventually draw a village vig or vote, which is just what they want

You're right. They'll definitely keep it on you every day rather than using it to hunt for one of the two vigs. What happens if the person who has the roleblock gets vigged? I can't see a smart play in which you're kept alive and i prefer not to assume the mafia is dumb.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    ...and I'm not mafia.

okay, Matev. I believe you. Your reasoning makes me trust you already.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev because I screwed up my post.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would love to prove I'm not Mafia, but oh, right, the seer got popped last night. She seered me by the way, I have the PM from her.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    I would love to prove I'm not Mafia, but oh, right, the seer got popped last night. She seered me by the way, I have the PM from her.

This could actually work.

Did anyone else get seered by Kellie on day one?

If no one counter-claims, you're cleared. If someone does, we know that one of you two is mafia.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Things don't add up for Garick or Phyphor. Either could be a guardian, based on previous comments. !Garick feels alot more suspicious to me, though.

Also, how does the network thing work? Is it just folks working together?

Heffling on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heffling wrote: »
    Things don't add up for Garick or Phyphor. Either could be a guardian, based on previous comments. !Garick feels alot more suspicious to me, though.

Also, how does the network thing work? Is it just folks working together?

Pretty much. Difficult as it's prone to mafia infiltration, YMMV, etc.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guess who hasn't been seered and is manipulating the crowd?
    Didn't get seered - check
    Agitating - check
    Highly suspicious when you look through the past day or two - check
    Very quickly turns any attention on him to others? (see Matev/phyphor/rawkking)

Just saying I wouldn't be taking roman's instructions until he does something to prove he's worth it. Especially given his specious point above "oh what if the roleblock gets vigged", then they'd kill him next round, yes? Not exactly a loss unless they already know the vigs and so does phyphor.

schuss on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    romanqwerty seems to be confusing me, and confusion is bad for the village, he doesn't seem to be helping at all, tell me if its just me.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Are you freaking kidding me?

This post clearly illustrates my thoughts in what i think is a straightforward manner. You don't have to agree with them, but god help you if you can't even follow them.

As for schuss? I think you have a case of broken mafiadar clouding your judgement. I'm not giving anyone instructions. I'm making arguments. If you agree with them, you'll vote accordingly. If you don't, feel free to present a more convincing alternative based on posts and reasoning like i have, NOT gut feeling and conjecture like you did.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Say, anyone got a vote count?

towndrunk34 on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are you freaking kidding me?

This post clearly illustrates my thoughts in what i think is a straightforward manner. You don't have to agree with them, but god help you if you can't even follow them.

As for schuss? I think you have a case of broken mafiadar clouding your judgement. I'm not giving anyone instructions. I'm making arguments. If you agree with them, you'll vote accordingly. If you don't, feel free to present a more convincing alternative based on posts and reasoning like i have, NOT gut feeling and conjecture like you did.

Perhaps, I am new to this whole phalla thing. You do make some sense in the past, but I feel you're pointing about a bit wildly now. You've also been beating the phyphor drum for a while. There are 2 options with him:
    1. He's a guard that got roleblocked
    2. He's Mafia
    If 1, we just fucked ourselves, as while he's known to the mafia at this point, he's also someone that can coordinate, as they'll just roleblock him until they find a vig/seer.
    If 2, you're right and I'll shut up.

schuss on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zandracon~

Zandracon on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had this whole post about why we should straight up vote for Phyphor, because he did reveal as a guard and then the seer died and he did not. But then I start to think, if Phyphor is not the guard, then the seer should still have ended up being protected. Barring an inactive/goosey village guard who, for some reason, did not decide to protect the outed seer, the only real way the seer got killed last night is if the mafia locked down our guard.

Voting Garick strikes me as silly, even though no one should get in contact with him. As someone else pointed out, the mafia is doing pretty damn well, why would they go for some flimsy gambit at this point?

Roman has been pushing the phyphor wagon pretty hard, especially since it does appear like a good argument at first. If the mafia did role block phyphor, what roman is doing right now is the logical thing for a confident mafia to do. Step up and take lead, explain why the vote was perfectly justifiable after phyphor shows up special and attempt to drive the wagon over someone sketchy based off some loose logic of the previous days voting record. It also frees up their actions for tonight as they would really have to spend both their block and a kill if they wanted to get rid of an outed guard tonight (assuming he can self guard, which is usually allowed).

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You're right. They'll definitely keep it on you every day rather than using it to hunt for one of the two vigs. What happens if the person who has the roleblock gets vigged? I can't see a smart play in which you're kept alive and i prefer not to assume the mafia is dumb.

Why are you making such sarcastic remarks? He brought up a valid alternative, but you seem to have the attitude, "My logic must be right and anyone who brings up a different possibility is stupid". That kind of attitude does not help the village. I tend not to like to vote for the clear leader so I voted for you because I don't like you. So stop it with the defensives.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

In this situation I would let the guard sit for a day or two in the hopes that the village kills him off before using mafia kills on him. Getting the village to do their work for them is kinda the whole point.

Roleblock on random targets as a mafia is tricky anyway, you never truly know if you are ever stopping anything. If a village roleblocker targets a village vig, or a vig forgets to send in an order, or targets the same target as another, they will all seem like your roleblock hit a vig.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OK... at least 1 vig got in contact with me. I will be calling his kill after vote close. If the other vig who did not contact me could chose someone else to target so they don't waste their kill, that would be great.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Garick wrote: »
    OK... at least 1 vig got in contact with me. I will be calling his kill after vote close. If the other vig who did not contact me could chose someone else to target so they don't waste their kill, that would be great.

/face palm

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Please don't put info like that in the thread. It helps no-one.

Edit: Except the mafia

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    it won't matter... I'm not going to be saying who the vig who contacted me was, it will only be proof that I have contact with a confirmed good vig who tested my claim.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kias wrote: »
    if Phyphor is not the guard, then the seer should still have ended up being protected. Barring an inactive/goosey village guard who, for some reason, did not decide to protect the outed seer, the only real way the seer got killed last night is if the mafia locked down our guard.

This is the first piece of decent evidence against the Phyphor wagon i've seen and something i hadn't considered. If you can convince me of a better target, i'm happy to switch. That said, kellie revealed late-ish and its not a huge stretch for the real guard to not be around in the few hours before vote close.

As far as the wagon on me? You're right... I am playing this exactly like i would if i was mafia...Because i try to keep the same level of vocalism between the roles. I can't refute that because frankly, i would be trying to wagon phyphor hard, if he was village and i was mafia.

Garick is still my favoured second, because his story requires 3 mafia kills and i've never seen that before.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tested your claim? You mean target you? Well you can't call his kill then, can you?

edit: or do you mean he already targeted you?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, btw, I am not asserting that the mafia has 3 kills roman. Please piece together what i've said with what i'm saying I will do.

It's not difficult, you can figure it out.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    it won't matter... I'm not going to be saying who the vig who contacted me was, it will only be proof that I have contact with a confirmed good vig who tested my claim.

What's the proof exactly? Is one of the vigs targeting you?

I'd also like to remind everyone that the most common person to be given a "can't be vigged until his minion(s) dies is the big bad mafia boss".

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Garick is still my favoured second, because his story requires 3 mafia kills and i've never seen that before.

I'm sorry, I have been a bit behind on things, just catching up now. How does his story require 3 mafia kills? I must have missed that bit.

*edit* nevermind, you said Garick, not Phyphor! Yah, that doesn't make any sense either. Really not sure what to make of Garick at this point.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, btw, I am not asserting that the mafia has 3 kills roman.

Then how do they have two kills in each narration and still attacked you nights one and two?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tough voting today. REG Rysk

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cleonicus wrote: »

A throwaway vote now? Really?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cleo works in mysterious ways!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So here's how I see things at the moment:

I'm not too familiar with how a "vanilla" Phalla is set up. I know the roles from having read the Phalla post, but don't know the exact layout.

What we do know so far is:

1) 10 villagers are down.
    2) 1 of these villagers, Kellie, was the Seer.
    3) As far as we know, the Seer did not scry anyone who was Mafia.
    4) Phyphor has claimed to be a guardian.
    5) Garick has claimed to be under the protection of a guardian.
    6) The villagers have two vigilantes.
    7) The mafia has two vigilantes.
    8) The mafia likely has one or more roleblockers (probably just one).

Unless we've been given two guardians, then it's likely that either Phyphor or Garick is lying. Garick has been more vocal in support of his being under a guardian's protection.

The scenarios, as I see them are:

1) Phyphor is a guardian who was roleblocked, thus allowing Kellie to die. - Possible, but would have required early networking that doesn't seem to be taking place.
    2) Garick is protected by a guardian, and is willing to use up both a guard and a vig to prove it. - Possible, but again would have required early networking that doesn't seem to be taking place.
    3) Garick is a guardian who has been protecting himself. - More likely than 2. Of course, if this is the case and the Mafia roleblock him, then his attempt to prove himself as what he claims will get him killed. This is a huge win for the Mafia, as we'll have wasted a vig in killing our own guardian.
    4) Garick is a Mafia guardian (I don't think any villagers can roleblock). - In this case the Mafia has forced the Village to waste a vig as well as locating a Village Vig, which is again a huge win for them.

This is why I'm voting for Garick. If Phyphor lied, it would be uncovered tonight (albeit at the loss of our Guardian) if we vote out Garick. If we vote Phyphor, it gives us no information on Garick (he could still be a Mafia Guardian). If Garick is mafia, it's the perfect chance to either sacrifice a pawn to kill a vig, or to self guard thus proving his guardian claim while simoultaneously allowing for the takedown of a village vig.

Garick's resolutions are just too pat when compared to anything that could be gained from killing Phyphor.

Heffling on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cleonicus wrote: »

A throwaway vote now? Really?

Ok peer pressure.

I decided to re-read everything and saw this:

Post 315:
    Garick wrote:
    BUT since it's obvious the bad guys know something is up after attacking me and failing...

Post 387:
    Oh, btw, I am not asserting that the mafia has 3 kills roman. Please piece together what i've said with what i'm saying I will do.

It's not difficult, you can figure it out.

So Garick should learn to be a better liar.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wow... you really need me to spell it out for you guys.

FINE.

IT'S CALLED A BUSDRIVER. KILLS ARE DIRECTED OFF ME TO THE TARGET CHOSEN. UNLESS MY BUSDRIVING FRIEND GETS KILLED OR ROLLBLOCKED. I CAN'T DIE TO ABILITIES.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So do we have a vote count at this point? Because while I hesitate to vote for Garick, his claim just seems way too clunky and full of holes to be a mafia ploy (who knows), I would rather it hit him than Phyphor at this point. I am not seeing how he could have been the target of a kill each night and not be claiming the mafia has 3 kills (which, as has been pointed out, is very unlikely).

*edit* Well, a bus drive would account for what he is saying, even if it is being said in a very shady way. This makes me want to vote for him even less.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Heffling wrote: »
    Unless we've been given two guardians, then it's likely that either Phyphor or Garick is lying.
    Two guardians in a 50player game is not very outlandish. The average probably lies between 1 and 2.

The scenarios, as I see them are:

1) Phyphor is a guardian who was roleblocked, thus allowing Kellie to die. - Possible, but would have required early networking that doesn't seem to be taking place.
    Why is any networking required at all?

2) Garick is protected by a guardian, and is willing to use up both a guard and a vig to prove it. - Possible, but again would have required early networking that doesn't seem to be taking place.
    3) Garick is a guardian who has been protecting himself. - More likely than 2. Of course, if this is the case and the Mafia roleblock him, then his attempt to prove himself as what he claims will get him killed. This is a huge win for the Mafia, as we'll have wasted a vig in killing our own guardian.
    4) Garick is a Mafia guardian (I don't think any villagers can roleblock). - In this case the Mafia has forced the Village to waste a vig as well as locating a Village Vig, which is again a huge win for them.
    Garick 'revealed' his role here. He claims to be unable to die until his mason partner does. He's also claimed to have been attacked by the mafia on both nights previous to this one.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wow... you really need me to spell it out for you guys.

FINE.

IT'S CALLED A BUSDRIVER. KILLS ARE DIRECTED OFF ME TO THE TARGET CHOSEN. UNLESS MY BUSDRIVING FRIEND GETS KILLED OR ROLLBLOCKED. I CAN'T DIE TO ABILITIES.

Now that's not outlandish at all. Mason partner with a busdrive. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vanilla game! Roleblocks! Busdrivers! Conversions next?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Because it shouldn't have been necessary to spell out the exact mechanics of what's going on. I'd really would have preferred to keep the mafia in the dark as much as possible about it.

Garick on