Options

[One Piece] His dream has changed but innuendo is forever

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hypothesis
    I haven't read the manga's but judging by Marco's comment that Blackbeard's body structure is irregular, I have determined that he suffers from Genetic Mosaicism. He is thus able to express the powers of multiple Devil Fruits, but only one type per cell.

You ready for your mind to be blown?

It's a non manga spoiler, as in, that it references something that isn't beyond where you are in the anime-
    Blackbeard's flag:
    200px-Blackbeardcrew.png

Yeah and one of the running theories is:
    He now has a Logia (Darkness), and a Paramecia (Quake), so he will aquire a 3rd... Mythical Beast Zoan Chimera or Cerberus

When he eventually fights Luffy it will be interesting if thats the case. Luffy's ability would probably negate the Quake power (absorbing or blunting the force of the tremors), Haki would be pretty much the way to fight against the Darkness (since he couldnt use his fruit power in close range)

New hypothesis:
    Maybe he had already consumed a Cerberus-like Zoan fruit before even joining Whitebeard's crew, but kept it a secret so nobody would take him seriously enough to affect his early plans. This would also explain why he had the sheet thrown over Whitebeard; he has to visually manifest his Zoan powers in some way and have one of his "heads" devour Whitebeard's power.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You know how there's a technique that can force an object to eat a devil fruit?

What if there was a devil fruit that ate a human fruit, and now he's a devil fruit posing as a human?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

What if there was a devil fruit that ate a human fruit, and now he's a devil fruit posing as a human?

Fortunately, there's only one human fruit and Chopper ate it.

EvilOtaku on
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EvilOtaku wrote: »

Not sure about that.
    Isn't Sengoku's fruit technically a human-human fruit with a model qualifier?

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

Yea, something like that was said in an interview somewhere, but my philosophy is "its not cannon until its drawn"

How do the "model" qualifiers work anyways? is the base fruit a superset of all models?

EvilOtaku on
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

Yea, something like that was said in an interview somewhere, but my philosophy is "its not cannon until its drawn"

How do the "model" qualifiers work anyways? is the base fruit a superset of all models?

Yeah, pretty much. Just like how there can be a lot of different zoan models of the same root animal. I think Oda himself said Sengoku's devil fruit was a human-human in SBS 60, and also apparently a mythical zoan.

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maybe it ate the Pirate-Pirate fruit.

Or something.

Schide on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Schide wrote: »
    Maybe it ate the Pirate-Pirate fruit.

Or something.

Or the afro-afro fruit.

If you eat it, your punch will get stronger.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

Maybe the Human-Human zoan fruit, model BUDDHA.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

I believe it is this.
    Hypothesis
    I haven't read the manga's but judging by Marco's comment that Blackbeard's body structure is irregular, I have determined that he suffers from Genetic Mosaicism. He is thus able to express the powers of multiple Devil Fruits, but only one type per cell.

It's a non manga spoiler, as in, that it references something that isn't beyond where you are in the anime-
    Blackbeard's flag:
    200px-Blackbeardcrew.png

He now has a Logia (Darkness), and a Paramecia (Quake), so he will aquire a 3rd... Mythical Beast Zoan Chimera or Cerberus

When he eventually fights Luffy it will be interesting if thats the case. Luffy's ability would probably negate the Quake power (absorbing or blunting the force of the tremors), Haki would be pretty much the way to fight against the Darkness (since he couldnt use his fruit power in close range)

New hypothesis:
    Maybe he had already consumed a Cerberus-like Zoan fruit before even joining Whitebeard's crew, but kept it a secret so nobody would take him seriously enough to affect his early plans. This would also explain why he had the sheet thrown over Whitebeard; he has to visually manifest his Zoan powers in some way and have one of his "heads" devour Whitebeard's power.
    I'm betting on this. Having him eat a cerberus fruit in the future wouldn't really explain much. But having him had eaten it to begin with, everything adds up.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zython wrote: »
    Hypothesis

Blackbeard's flag:
    200px-Blackbeardcrew.png

New hypothesis:
    I'm betting on this. Having him eat a cerberus fruit in the future wouldn't really explain much. But having him had eaten it to begin with, everything adds up.
    The thing that makes me hesitant to subscribe to this theory is that it'd require him not to go into the ocean or otherwise be exposed to a fruit user's weaknesses for over two decades. God knows how many times the fruit users in the Straw hats have fallen into the ocean for various reasons, and they've only been out to sea for a few years.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, just about every major characte we've seen has been a fruit user, so it can't be too terribly hard for some of them to keep out of the water. I can't really picture Lucchi or Whitebeard floundering around like Luffy and the others sometimes do. Granted this is Blackbeard we're talking about, but still, he's pretty capable, clearly.

Or maybe he never bothered to keep it a secret and that's how Marco and some of the others knew about him. Maybe Thatch never expected him, of all people, to try for a second fruit.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

Specifically its Mythical Zoan Human Human Fruit: model Buddha

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    At the current pace of the anime, in two weeks my absolute favorite moment in all of one piece will be coming up. The mother of all "Mother of God's."

silence1186 on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not sure about that.

I believe it is this.
    Hypothesis

Blackbeard's flag:
    200px-Blackbeardcrew.png

New hypothesis:
    Not only that, but I just remembered. Teach gaves Shanks the scar on his eye. It's three slashes together.

It's a claw mark.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trafalgar Law is now the coolest supernova not currently a straw hat crew member.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    DHS wrote: »

Not sure about that.

I believe it is this.
    Hypothesis

Blackbeard's flag:
    200px-Blackbeardcrew.png

New hypothesis:
    Not only that, but I just remembered. Teach gaves Shanks the scar on his eye. It's three slashes together.

It's a claw mark.
    I believe there were scenes where he would use 3 daggers in one hand (held between his fingers), but that could be a way to hide it.

Shanks did say that scar always bothered him.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHABARKHAHAHAHA

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHABARKHAHAHAHA

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkady wrote: »
    Trafalgar Law is now the coolest supernova not currently a straw hat crew member.

Truth. I always did wonder what the supernovae did to garner such fame. Considering the shit the Straw Hats got up.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well we now Kidd got his bounty by killing anyone who ever mocked his dream of becoming Pirate King and a lot of other people who didn't.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, next week? My favorite scene in the whole manga. I hope they can translate the scene to animation so that it captures the full effect and awe I felt when I first read it.

Someone ready the Mother of God mobile.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Back during the Skypeia arc, when the Strawhats were launched up there, didn't Teach and his crew get their ship wrecked and all of them knocked into the sea?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Back during the Skypeia arc, when the Strawhats were launched up there, didn't Teach and his crew get their ship wrecked and all of them knocked into the sea?

I had that same thought, but he'd eaten the dark fruit by then. So regardless of whether the theory's true or not he presumably had to be saved by his crew.

Smasher on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Smasher wrote: »

I had that same thought, but he'd eaten the dark fruit by then. So regardless of whether the theory's true or not he presumably had to be saved by his crew.

Oh, you're right. Nvm, then.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So this episode.

Fuck yeah.
    Crocodile's badass saving the day totally out of nowhere moments continue.

I also cant wait for next week's episode. Thats an ending that will have EVERYONE happy.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Truth. I always did wonder what the supernovae did to garner such fame. Considering the shit the Straw Hats got up.

That is of course the plot of next ten manga Oda will create

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

They actually committed acts of piracy.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So this episode.

Fuck yeah.
    I love his "I still hate Luffy, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let those marine assholes taste any sort of victory" rationale.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm getting worried about the dub. Nothing about post-Sky Island has been announced yet, and Funi is being really tight-lipped about it all.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm getting worried about the dub. Nothing about post-Sky Island has been announced yet, and Funi is being really tight-lipped about it all.

They might be trying for a TV deal again.

Maybe on Adult Swim.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sooooooooooo how come not a work about last week's chapter in this thread?

You guys are usually on top of this yesterday.

Godfather on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    Sooooooooooo how come not a work about last week's chapter in this thread?

You guys are usually on top of this yesterday.

We talked about it. Go back to page 88, there was just a long tangent almost completely unrelated in between that discussion and the current one.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah there it is. Looks like i'm not going crazy after all!

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh yes Anyone who'd like the next thread can have it. I had an even more amazing OP planned but can't use a PC for the forseeable future

King Riptor on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't believe it took us this long to fill up this thread. We used to go through these lightening quick.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    RE: blackbeard
    I am getting really into the idea that he ate the cerberus fruit YEARS ago- it would explain why he was so uninterested in ANYTHING on whitebeard's ship. Going into any kind of action would have caused him to potentially blow his cover if he say, fell in the ocean. So he just hid out on the ship of one of the most powerful pirates ever, where he was safe to gather powerful devil fruits to feed his other heads. Also the whole "shanks eye scar" thing makes sense as well in this light.

Lovin' this theory now

Arch on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Couscous wrote: »

Actual piracy? In One Piece? Man, what's the world coming to.
    Still, I'd be interested to know what they could possibly do short of completely glassing every island they come across to have a bounty comparable to Luffy since he's
    Taken out 2 warlords and assaulted and caused the complete destruction of CP9 and Enies Lobby.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So this episode.

Fuck yeah.
    I love his "I still hate Luffy, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let those marine assholes taste any sort of victory" rationale.

Yeah, I really hope more is done with Crocodile in the future. He's just been so awesome this arc.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011
    Couscous wrote: »

Actual piracy? In One Piece? Man, what's the world coming to.
    Still, I'd be interested to know what they could possibly do short of completely glassing every island they come across to have a bounty comparable to Luffy since he's
    Taken out 2 warlords and assaulted and caused the complete destruction of CP9 and Enies Lobby.
    Why would the gov't give them bounties for some of that? Nobody in the public knows they beat up CP9 or two warlords, so I don't think they'd go and announce it by pumping their bounties up.

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.