Options

Dragon Age Thread - [Please post in new thread]

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Isabela is the only one with huge boobs. One of the good things about the lack of armor for companions is that they can all have unique body shapes and sizes.
    Wait what? You can't equip your companions? thats dumb

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Isabela is the only one with huge boobs. One of the good things about the lack of armor for companions is that they can all have unique body shapes and sizes.
    Wait what? You can't equip your companions? thats dumb

Only armor. You can change their weapons, rings, amulets, and belts as well as apply upgrades to their armor, but you can't swap out their armor at will.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    On the other hand, they change clothes over the timespan, so that's nice. It's also a damn site better then having Carth in Mandolorian Armor.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if there is a way to turn on damage numbers in DA2. You know, damage appearing over an enemies head like in Origins. I am probably just a huge numbers freak, but I love that stuff :P

edit: @ v Awesome!

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    There's an option for it. In the uh... options.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I do too, but I won't mind it not returning in a cinematic game like this.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Grrr. The waiting is sucking. I want's the blood and the killing with epics and swords and magic stuff. Grrrrabbleppfftt.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am tanking right now with my warrior. Beat Origins with him and am now going through awakening. Its fun knocking dudes down.

Don't forget to get the Legion of the Dead heraldry for your shield from Glassric the Weaponsmith in Amaranthine. I don't know if it's a bug or an Easter Egg, the way it differs from other heraldry, but...

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I am tanking right now with my warrior. Beat Origins with him and am now going through awakening. Its fun knocking dudes down.

Don't forget to get the Legion of the Dead heraldry for your shield from Glassric the Weaponsmith in Amaranthine. I don't know if it's a bug or an Easter Egg, the way it differs from other heraldry, but...

Oh damn, took me a bit to realize what it was doing. :shock: That is crazy

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EVOL wrote: »
    Pancake, just tried your way, it does feel a lot better. It feels like driving a tank if you only use the keyboard though. Guess I'll have to just adjust.

I didn't know RPGs were ever played other than with keyboard to move and the mouse to turn. I guess WoW spoiled me.

So how is the DA2 hype train going? Are we still crying doom and gloom or have we predictable settled down and anticipating the release now?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm super hyped, I think I managed to get every currently available DLC for II for free. Now I just have to play the terrible facebook game once it comes out, and download the demo and I will have all the DLC.

Except Ser Issac's armor because I draw the line at paying for it. Wonder if someone'll throw me a code if I ask?

Z0re on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Z0re wrote: »
    I'm super hyped, I think I managed to get every currently available DLC for II for free. Now I just have to play the terrible facebook game once it comes out, and download the demo and I will have all the DLC.

Except Ser Issac's armor because I draw the line at paying for it. Wonder if someone'll throw me a code if I ask?

I am going to buy the game after it comes out, pirate it and get all the DLC. I hate that pre order bonus crap. I understand why they do it but I refuse to play their games. Actually I won't even bother pirating anything unless it is actual game content, not some character dresser or some stupid ring. They are getting my money, just not for their pre order crap.

I mean reading through some of the bonuses one area is listed as having the best items in the game, yeah I will pirating the shit out of that.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »

I am going to buy the game after it comes out, pirate it and get all the DLC. I hate that pre order bonus crap. I understand why they do it but I refuse to play their games. Actually I won't even bother pirating anything unless it is actual game content, not some character dresser or some stupid ring. They are getting my money, just not for their pre order crap.

The pre-order crap right now is just a couple of items. I'm sorry you're so morally opposed to a sword and shield that you would publicly admit to wanting to pirate the game. The other stuff is just for buying the game new, which is totally fucking awful, I know.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pancake wrote: »

The pre-order crap right now is just a couple of items. I'm sorry you're so morally opposed to a sword and shield that you would publicly admit to wanting to pirate the game. The other stuff is just for buying the game new, which is totally fucking awful, I know.

I think he's just talking about pirating the DLC. Which is still not a good thing

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    But if he buys the game new he... he gets it? Like everything but Sebastian?

I don't understand. This is me not understanding why there's anger here.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He could have missed the signature edition? *shrug*

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Signature edition is Sebastian though. I don't think there is any other DLC that you can even pay for at this juncture.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    But he's specifically whining about the Black Emporium, which he'll get for buying the game new. Better not play BioWare's games and just pirate that DLC. I mean, yes, it does cost $60 to buy that DLC, but it comes with a free game.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What's really great is that plenty of places will have or already the game for cheaper than $50 with promotional codes and whatnot.

I preordered the game from D2D yesterday for $47 (including tax) and will use the money I saved to get Sebastian. It's less than the $60 asking price, and if Sebastian only costs $7, its right on par with a normal $50 pc game with tax added.

Item DLC isn't really my thing, but an extra companion is.

Decoy on
  • Options
    SyrionusSyrionus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    I probably paid as much attention to the title as I did most of the dialog. Say what you will about DA, at least the skip dialog button isn't also mapped to select dialog.

Also, thank god that even with the dialogue wheel, we get to select dialogue with a cursor rather than silly radial menuness. Though for some ungodly reason they decided to replace the PC's menu screen with ME's radial one, though hopefully unlike ME they'll retain the keyboard shortcuts to menus

I will say, though, that femhawke has a good VA.

Also, while I'd strongly advise against actually reading the GAF thread, this post was pretty nice RE: art vs graphics in DAO
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25980488&postcount=332

I know this is from a while back but I STRONGLY advise against reading the NeoGaf forums. The people over there are over dramatic and mainly comlpain only for the sake of complaining.

I mean reading through some of the bonuses one area is listed as having the best items in the game, yeah I will pirating the shit out of that.

Maybe it's just me but this talk about pirating; probably not the best thing to say on a game forum. I would think it is pretty much an unacceptable practice around here.

Syrionus on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's because it is.

Pirating is above all the one thing people hate on forums like this. I would guess that many people still do it, they just don't talk about it.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, that reminds me. I bought and beat Awakening over the last two days.

It wasn't spectacular, and I really disliked the truncated interaction with your teammates. I also ran into a lot more bugs than I ever did with Origins, and my Epilogue was crazy weird. I also minmaxed the hell out of my party and basically decided to use my B team for the final boss because using Nathaniel/Anders/Justice almost felt like cheating with how I had them set up. Nathaniel I basically stopped using because he was killing things before I could get a spell off and making everything boring, and I was playing on insanity so I wasn't really expecting that. Nor was I expecting just how ridiculously high I could push my spell power (Over 300!) and how much that served to just trivialize the entire game. Oh, and most of the new specializations were boring and broken or completely useless.

On the other hand, it was fun and I managed to get basically everything I wanted in one playthrough (Though because of a glitch I couldn't make Grandmaster Lightning Runes and thus couldn't get one of Wade's super items). I really liked the character interaction, especially Anders and Justice so I'm thrilled they're coming in DAII. I will miss Oghren though, crazy stereotype that he is. Awakening really helped flesh him out, especially his dialog with Valenna.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really like Oghren. Hes crude and simple, but most of his jokes hit home for me.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Syrionus wrote: »
    I know this is from a while back but I STRONGLY advise against reading the NeoGaf forums. The people over there are over dramatic and mainly comlpain only for the sake of complaining.
    Yeah, you guys. Stay here where we get dramatic about free equipment DLC and complain about important things, like critical hits!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Extra Credits summed up my feelings about piracy pretty well.
    There is exactly one legitimate reason for piracy: when you cannot simply buy the game legally where you are. If you live in Azerbaijan or Mongolia or anywhere else where you really cannot get games, please: pirate away.

[snip]

Or hey, maybe you're an aficionado of the medium and you want to experience a game made long ago by a company long dead. You can't buy the game anwhere, anymore. To you, I say: go nuts.

[snip]

Past that, if you like a game, just pay for it. We can't build these things without money. Honestly, everybody working in this industry takes a way lower salary than they could be making with the same skills in another field.

Check out the whole video for a pretty good look at why both the industry and the pirates have some ground to cover, but the Bioware folks are definitely not the bad guys here.

The promotional DLC IS NOT a slap in your face. It's Bioware rewarding loyal customers who follow their newsletters, preorder to show their faith in the product, buy the game new (hint: they don't make any money at all when someone buys the game second-hand from GameStop), and are generally willing to show their enthusiasm. Taking their work without showing such enthusiasm is an asshole move. Stop it. Would you rather they put in DRM that requires an internet connection, like that Assassin's Creed game? Would you rather that we go back to imputting the 10th word on the 45th page of the manual or imput symbols from a decoder ring like we had to in the 80s?

Bioware is taking a free market approach that isn't intrusive to customers while not actively punishing those who don't want to jump through all the DLC hoops. The game will be pretty much guaranteed fun straight out of the box. If you're sick of all the promotion, here's a unique spin on it: DO NOT GET IT and don't complain about it. You'll be fine. Seriously. If you still persist in pirating the stuff that Bioware worked so hard on after this, do me a favor and NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN. By talking about it on Penny Arcade, you're putting Gabe and Tycho in an awkward position of someone admitting to a crime on their forum, especially awkward because they've sponsored one of the DLC items you're talking about stealing. I mean, fuck. Man.

Now, let's talk about Isabela's boobs or something.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Now, let's talk about Isabela's boobs or something.
    Considering your allies change clothes/armour over the course of the game, what are the odds of Isabela ever putting on a pair of pants?

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Slim to none.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, Flemeth got a nice face lift. Suffers from the "ultra-fit old lady syndrome" but... eh, it's kind of funny.

Character design in this game is about 200% better.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't wait to play the demo tuesday. Gonna grab it on both PC and PS3 so I can try out each system.

Prolly gonna end up playing through like 3 or 4 or 5 times though so that'll be fun.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, Flemeth got a nice face lift. Suffers from the "ultra-fit old lady syndrome" but... eh, it's kind of funny.

Character design in this game is about 200% better.

Flemeth is a shapeshifter and probably
    has the soul of an old god.

I think she can be ultra-fit if she wants to be. I mean, shit, in that clip she
    transformed from a high dragon form.
    A facelift is nothing compared to that.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, Varric is telling the story, and no way is the Witch of the Wilds gonna be a crazy old lady in a frumpy dress.

I'm still not crazy about the horn-hair, but at least it makes sense in an internal-consistency kind of way.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah basically I don't give a shit about all the bonus crap they are giving people for buying their game early, it is stupid and a marketing gimmick of buy now don't think. I just don't do that kind of stuff and I don't want to give into their system, that is all. If the black emporium is for new game is that after the game comes out? It is hard to tell, most companies will give a few similar items out for the pre order then exclusive stuff for certain stores so I can't tell if that is something every gets no matter what or just certain copies of the game.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Every new game gets the black emporium.

Also, you sure seem to care a lot about this thing you don't give a shit about.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    New before a certain date or can I just get it off steam a week after it comes out?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Black Emporium is for any new copy of the game.
    Like the Cerberus Network for ME2, if you played that.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    New before a certain date or can I just get it off steam a week after it comes out?
    I dunno, man. There's probably a cutoff date a year or so down the line like Shale in DA:O.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought before I pre-ordered the sig' edition, it seemed like a good deal considering I was going to pre-order anyway (as i've enjoyed the shit out of every Bioware game i've played and I liked what I saw of the game) and this meant I got more shit, free.

But I guess those dastardly marketeers have got their talons into me! Ahh!

Jimmy Marku on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I dunno, man. There's probably a cutoff date a year or so down the line like Shale in DA:O.

That is what I am talking about, it is hard to tell since I can't find any info from Bioware.
    I thought before I pre-ordered the sig' edition, it seemed like a good deal considering I was going to pre-order anyway (as i've enjoyed the shit out of every Bioware game i've played and I liked what I saw of the game) and this meant I got more shit, free.

But I guess those dastardly marketeers have got their talons into me! Ahh!

Yes, have fun with your sword and shield, it really sweetened the deal didn't it? Man they really sold you on the sword and shield didn't they? Kind of a must have after seeing them though, only the rubes will play the game without it.

Man this multi million dollar game they just made that I am buying comes with two extra items if I buy it early! What a deal!

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It will certainly still be available a week after it comes out. Stop worrying about it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I have been screwed before by that kind of thing, these are typically not done well. Even with ME2 I bought an in store copy and it was missing all the codes.

Fizban140 on