As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Velmeran wrote: »
    wow...Riot needs to put some -Crit armor into this game...just played as malphite who I main, again Twitch, Trynd, and a shaco who all were heavy crit/attack speed. There's no ammount of armor you can stack to deal with it, I felt like a caster it was so bad, and they weren't even fed at that point, but once they got up to that point, my randuins and ruins and belt/ruby crystal were no match at all.

Thornmail would have wrecked those guys something fierce.

Slicer on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    The minion waves don't change until 20 minutes in

my last five games have had laning last thirty minutes because people see no reason to leave once there are plentiful cannon minions

unintentional on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will note that if Jarvan jumps on a Vladimir and the Vladimir pools before Jarvan lands, no wall will come out, and it even lets you destroy the "wall" that was (not) created

then he will be a cocky dick the rest of the game

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I would like to see the majority of games be 25-35 minutes, excluding rage enduced surrenders. That time seems far more reasonable, I would say my average game (excluding rage induced surrenders) is somewhere around 45-60 minutes.

I think this game would be more enjoyable without crit and dodge, I just don't understand why they would want random mechanics like that in the game. As an example I lost a fight as trist after I got zero crits and the enemy dodged 3 times (no dodge items, not sivir) causing me to lose. Or just watching my wriggles lanter Udyr kill dragon in 4 seconds and then take four times as long on lizard. Why do these things exist like that? Everything should be at least standardized into 1 in every 4 or whatever.

Really?? Wow. That's totally different from even ~1400 Elo games, which I would say on average last between 30 and 40 minutes.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see the majority of games be 25-35 minutes, excluding rage enduced surrenders. That time seems far more reasonable, I would say my average game (excluding rage induced surrenders) is somewhere around 45-60 minutes.

I think this game would be more enjoyable without crit and dodge, I just don't understand why they would want random mechanics like that in the game. As an example I lost a fight as trist after I got zero crits and the enemy dodged 3 times (no dodge items, not sivir) causing me to lose. Or just watching my wriggles lanter Udyr kill dragon in 4 seconds and then take four times as long on lizard. Why do these things exist like that? Everything should be at least standardized into 1 in every 4 or whatever.

Really?? Wow. That's totally different from even ~1400 Elo games, which I would say on average last between 30 and 40 minutes.

A lot of games are really just stalemates of who wants to push the least.

This is another reason why champions who can push really well late game are so strong.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not playing this game for a while

New minions are actively not fun

i'm approaching this point, gonna give it another day or two

same

Not really true. Yes the quantity of cannon minions doesn't change till then but... stuff like minions dealing 50% more damage to turrets is what i think the problem is.

Minions
    Melee minion magic resist now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
    Ranged minion armor now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
    Cannon minion armor and magic resist now increase 3 per 3 minutes (up from 2)
    After 20 minutes, cannon minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves)
    Cannon minions and super minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%)
    Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with cannon minions and super minions
    Minions now deal about 50% more damage to turrets

Nisi on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm interested in seeing how this plays out once players adapt. If 5man roam is now super underpowered, I can see this being really good actually.

that's phreak

Jars on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Me and Giggles won a game with an intentional feeder MF on our team. Boohoo you dont get to go mid. Almost wish she would of lost.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Someone needs to hear the truth...I got queue dodge just now because we didn't have first pick, and the enemy picked malphite, and I got called a n00b captain. Next game team captain picks a jungle and the bottom 2 random because one of them wanted to jungle...

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nisi wrote: »

Not really true. Yes the quantity of cannon minions doesn't change till then but... stuff like minions dealing 50% more damage to turrets is what i think the problem is.

Minions
    Melee minion magic resist now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
    Ranged minion armor now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
    Cannon minion armor and magic resist now increase 3 per 3 minutes (up from 2)
    After 20 minutes, cannon minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves)
    Cannon minions and super minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%)
    Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with cannon minions and super minions
    Minions now deal about 50% more damage to turrets

Well, that's why I said "minion waves" and not "minions" ;-)

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey at least pokemon comes out this weekend

nisi will you pokemon battle me

e: hang on gotta clear pokemon-bottom lane

edit 2: hang on gotta clear pokemon-top lane

edit 3: hang on gotta clear pokemon-bottom lane again

unintentional on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wow...Riot needs to put some -Crit armor into this game...just played as malphite who I main, again Twitch, Trynd, and a shaco who all were heavy crit/attack speed. There's no ammount of armor you can stack to deal with it, I felt like a caster it was so bad, and they weren't even fed at that point, but once they got up to that point, my randuins and ruins and belt/ruby crystal were no match at all.

If you're playing malphite you have the perfect autoattacker counter:

Frozen Heart
    Randuins
    Ground Slam

Ult autoattackers, pop Randuins and Ground slam, watch them attack at 0.4

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope this minion change leads to more split push battles and skirmishes late game instead of always turning into a 5v5.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's not the balance

the balance is between dumb push comps that do nothing but pve and comps that are designed to beat players

anything that caters to the former is a sad tragedy

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There is nothing wrong with a team comp that can suddenly group up and storm down mid till nexus death at 14~ minutes.

Sivir, Warwick, Janna, Taric, X

Edit: personally I prefer jungle skill shot battles over tower pushes

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    STORY TIME W/ UNCLE ZOLBY

This one time I was mad gamin' w/ bros and the match was p. intense. Super lategame, could go either way, that type of thing. We got into a team fight as a 5v4 and emerged victorious! "Hurrah!" we did not say because we aren't from the Dark Ages.

AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN
    AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN
    AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN
    DOUBLE KILL
    AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN
    DEFEATED
    "wait what the fuck"
    YOUR TURRET HAS BEEN DESTROYED
    YOUR TURRET HAS BEEN DESTROYED

Our kill messages were apparantly far more important to LoL than informing us that Yi was ripping through every single structure left in our base until after the nexus popped. When we told him about that after the game even he agreed it was sorta bullshit.

THE MORAL IS: Smoke trees, play yordles, use map awareness erryday

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Another game lost due to Nunu who quit out from minutes 1-20. It also didn't help that our only AD was urgot, that is what I get for picking zilean as 2nd pick.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, I think I officially suck now, just lost a 4v5, on the team with 5. In my defense had a horrible Morde tank on the team, who then went on to whine and blame everyone else for the loss. Shit was terrible, a beastly AD Sion wrecked us, and I had forgotten how nasty Aniv's combo could be when you're not a tank.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    karthus that dies 3 times to kassadin + evelynn ganks mid... i ask to swap with him...

karthus: why?
    me: cause i don't want kassadin to get any more kills
    karthus: i'm dying to double teams not kassadin

continues to clear minion waves with his defile and Q so he is constantly pushed up and dies to evelynn

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not sure if I'm liking Tiamat first on Jarvan. It really relies on getting multiple people stuck in his ult to work.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Another game lost due to Nunu who quit out from minutes 1-20. It also didn't help that our only AD was urgot, that is what I get for picking zilean as 2nd pick.

I just recently played a game where our Udyr hid in the bushes on bot for the entire game. When he died he'd just run straight back. I don't even think he spoke english!

I love this game <3

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finally got my win for the day. I had the worst three games previous with crazy feeders, a team that argued over middle...with an AP Tristana. A TF that disconnected every two minutes. Oye, last game finally went my way as WW.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bp1580 wrote: »

I just recently played a game where our Udyr hid in the bushes on bot for the entire game. When he died he'd just run straight back. I don't even think he spoke english!

I love this game <3

Those are the worst, you can't tell if they are bad or trolling.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Did a random ranked game because I was bored

Got 23 kills and 3 quadra kills

my team had 9 assists combined

>:V

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm finding the minion changes very frustrating as well. Having two teleports seems required now, and even then you can't really stop it.

Any team that has 1 or 2 people that can push reasonably fast is going to win unless the other 4 people are incredibly dumb. I'm expecting a lot more tryndamere, yi, ww, nidalee, and sivir in the future. I know I'm going to start playing nidalee a lot more.

Shen I think is the worst now since before he'd ever so slowly push a lane up while waiting to ult in, but every game I've seen with Shen now, he's able to make huge creep waves and it becomes a major problem very quickly rather than a mild inconvenience.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I might try to go back to Singed a little more in the new environment. Run around keep lanes constantly pushed, not giving a fuck.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm finding that playing anyone who can wipe a lane in seconds, and hopefully having at least one other champ that can do the same is almost needed. Got on with another friend, and we both picked strong lane destroyers (Lux and Sivir) and both picked teleport. It worked well, except we were facing a more than decent team, and we had some people who just weren't playing up to par. Went 13/4/4, and still couldn't carry enough due to Cait, Cho and Taric being super fed and all building MR.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, losing an inhibitor is even more brutal now than before. Just played against a team who was beating us most of the game and probably should have won, but we got one good teamfight, took an inhib, and snowballed to victory. Anything they did besides defending caused them to lose towers.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm generally in favor of taking towers rather than doing Baron after a winning team fight. This only reinforces it.

Mind you, a 15 minute Baron if you can snake it probably shouldn't be passed up.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I honestly don't find baron worth it. It's nice but you can only get it while you're already winning and in control anyways.

I can't count how many times I've seen a team get baron only to get aced (or almost aced) and usually not get more then one or two kills.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The thing I really don't like about this change is how quickly minion pushes can take down towers without players now. It's much harder to actually group up for map objectives because one team or the other constantly has to worry about pushing out their lanes so they don't give away towers for free. Push comps are one thing, but having minions kill towers on their own all the time isn't satisfying for either team.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I'm generally in favor of taking towers rather than doing Baron after a winning team fight. This only reinforces it.

Mind you, a 15 minute Baron if you can snake it probably shouldn't be passed up.

The reason you do Baron instead of taking an inhibitor is because Baron is safer, not because the reward is higher.

For instance, you pick off two, your team is all at high health, but they have three still alive to defend their inhibitor turret. Depending on their champions and the relative strengths of your teams, trying to take that inhibitor can be very dangerous (if you dive) or can result in almost no reward from getting those picks (if you don't, but they hold off your push successfully until their teammates respawn).

A late game Baron, by comparison, is an almost completely safe 4+ kill swing if you have a 5v3 advantage.

I'm not sure how the dynamics of this have changed with killing an inhib being an even higher reward now, but knowing how to safely build your lead and snowball to victory is very important in this game. Risky plays might end the game faster, but risky plays are also the best way to let the enemy team back into the game.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I honestly don't find baron worth it. It's nice but you can only get it while you're already winning and in control anyways.

That's not true. The only things you need to do a baron are a couple of decent wards and knowledge of where about 2 of the enemy team are. You can be losing a game, but see 2 bot?

quick baron

You have a skirmish in mid, nobody on your team dies and nobody on theirs dies but two of them are sub 25%?

They're going to go b and won't be able to stop you baroning. Quick baron.

etc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In a game where wards are everywhere, especially on baron, it is never safe to get baron unless the enemy is on defense.

Even so, it doesn't do anything noticeable, except maybe the psychological factor. I'm constantly playing with people who at the realization our opponents have baron that we have to defend or we'll die. And I see players who think they've obtained god mode and become recklessly aggressive.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    baron buff is a pretty big deal, you can definitely seen formerly even fights turn into steamrolls with baron buff.

also it lets you take most of the outer towers easily with the baron buff, as well as dragon

it's a huge gold swing

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm falling under 1000 ELO soon - I do mostly nothing wrong, yet my team fails and fails and fails again and I can literally do nothing about it but watch in horror!

edit: someone just said in chat that the way the players are placed in the champion selection reflects their ELO rating, with the highest at the top. Is that really correct? Because I highly doubt that.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm falling under 1000 ELO soon - I do mostly nothing wrong, yet my team fails and fails and fails again and I can literally do nothing about it but watch in horror!

edit: someone just said in chat that the way the players are placed in the champion selection reflects their ELO rating, with the highest at the top. Is that really correct? Because I highly doubt that.

That is how it chooses in fact.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So far I haven't really noticed the difference in the new minions, but it seems like a positive change on a theorycraft level at least

I mean a huge problem in this game is those matches where one team is ahead like the entire game but it goes on 45 minutes anyway

That's just stupid, it shouldn't be that hard to press your advantage. A game shouldn't be over all but officially, but still going on for a half hour. It's a big part of why LoL feels so "snowbally".

it's really boring though

they had a good balance between "the game is over after first blood/dragon" and "you can come back whenever"

now it's "nothing you do matters until you push the nexus after one mistake by the enemy team because turrets go down like paper"

The what huh? In all my games since the new death timers pushing turrets pre 30 minutes has been more difficult because by the time you clear one creep wave they are back. After 30 minutes they always go down like paper.

zeeny on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

Yeah, don't be.
    It's nice but you can only get it while you're already winning and in control anyways.

And yeah, no. If you only try to get baron when you're already winning you're most certainly not doing it right. I almost constantly carry a pink ward if we don't have an oracles late game. If we're losing and a single person of theirs goes to clear bot, you can bet I'd do anything possible to make my team get that baron as fast as possible.

Edit: Yeah, what surrealitycheck said.

zeeny on
  • Options
    GezGez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'm level 23 and already i can tell i'm already in ELO hell, no matter how hard i carry my team or how many turrets or Heroes i kill i still lose due to my shitty team.

I think i might jump into this game again when all of these at least 2 out of these 3 things happen

1 - I get a LoL capable Laptop
    2 - Flash finally gets removed for good
    3 - The tribunal punishment system gets implemented

I'm sick of the massive trolling in this game, the leavers, the racists, the griefers and the leechers. The tribunal system needs to come ASAP.

Edit: Holy crap at that new Twitch portrait, thats some scary shit lol (shows how long since i last played)

Gez on