As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SCHOOL THREAD - Avoiding group projects at all costs

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember my dad once telling me that if I went away before I went anywhere with anyone I would have to send him a picture of the person via phone

I just laughed in his face, "Yes, that makes so much sense"

He just got angry but that made it funnier

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My father still has no idea what an Instant Message is.

So I guess I lucked out in that regard.

He did try to ensure that I never got behind the wheel of a car so that I would have a much harder time getting out of the house whenever I wanted.

Sassori on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fathers do not know technology, it is how parents work. It is why they have babies. To explain technology to them.

Yeah I still do not know how to drive either. I should really get on that. We finally have a car that runs though!

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    a friend asked me once if I would have different rules for a daughter instead of a son.

The answer was a hell yes. She was offended, but I stand by it.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No daughter of mine will wear miniskirts! Only my sons get to do that!

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think allowing my twin brother to get a driver's license and trying to ensure that I wouldn't get one doesn't really fall within the concept of "different rules".

Especially since I learned to make friends with older men so I had an escape route handy when I needed to get out of the house.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

They can both wear miniskirts, but I don't require my daughter to be tucked and taped.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    I think allowing my twin brother to get a driver's license and trying to ensure that I wouldn't get one doesn't really fall within the concept of "different rules".

Especially since I learned to make friends with older men so I had an escape route handy when I needed to get out of the house.

no that's borderline insane if you don't mind my saying.

I would still be reasonable with both a boy or a girl, just slightly more protective with the girl.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My mom dated older men in high school exclusively but they all kept trying to marry her

She has some neat/awful stories about her dating habits from when she was younger.

She ended up marrying the landlord and having me.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Koshian wrote: »

They can both wear miniskirts, but I don't require my daughter to be tucked and taped.

giganticeyeroll.gif

this kind of stuff is not funny

I don't want to take this thread too far into this territory, and no offense was intended, but what is so wrong with this?

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My mom dated older men in high school exclusively but they all kept trying to marry her

She has some neat/awful stories about her dating habits from when she was younger.

I haven't gotten that many proposals. Only two.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A girl proposed to me a couple months ago. I told her to keep her voice down or she would wake her boyfriend up.

Whoops.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I haven't gotten that many proposals. Only two.

Pretty sure the majority of older men befriending young girls are really hoping to get young brides.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That doesn't give me any new information, but this isn't the place to discuss it so I apologize again.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A girl proposed to me a couple months ago. I told her to keep her voice down or she would wake her boyfriend up.

Whoops.

You'd think a dude would stay up for the threesome even after he finished

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man everyone is sleeping :?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Whoops.

You'd think a dude would stay up for the threesome even after he finished

He wanted to. But he kept wanting to talk about his feelings. And I was like...Whoa. Dude. Calm it down.

Eventually I just kicked him out and kept the girl.

I wish any part of that story was true. No one wants to talk to me about their feelings.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Sassi I positively bursting with emotion"
    the emotions are semens

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Sassi I positively bursting with emotion"
    the emotions are semens

Oh baby.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sass stay up with me I don't wanna go to bed just yet

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sass stay up with me I don't wanna go to bed just yet

You just tell me what you want.

I'll make it happen.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tell me a story

about a pair of washboard abdominals rubbing up against one another.

Alternately tell me what you think of mopeds. I am wanting one for college.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    basically: would you make fun of somebody with diabetes havin to inject themselves with insulin every day

if no: well then extrapolate that logic to transpeople

No, but would someone with diabetes be offended if I said something was so sweet it should come with a shot of insulin?

Comments like that aren't made to belittle the people involved with the practice, be it a diabetic taking their insulin or a transperson tucking and taping. If the term "tuck and tape" has a derogatory connotation then I'm just not aware of it, and for that I would apologize. If it is the correct term and I'm using it correctly then I'm not aware of the problem. Certainly there is more sensitivity and room to interpret those comments as in some way malicious or derogatory when speaking in terms of the trans community than among diabetics, but I'd like to think, and perhaps I'm being naive, that we have the luxury in SE of being a more tolerant environment where someone needn't feel that a comment that ambiguous is intended to be in any way hateful or mean-spirited.

However I don't also want to say that your position is entirely unwarranted because I know that the gay/lesbian/bi/trans community is one that has been subjected to a lot of that kind of attitude, and if you are a member or a friend to that community, as I like to think that I am, you can and should get defensive if you see comments being made that you think are derogatory in any way. Again, I just like to think that this community in SE is one where nobody should see an ambiguous comment and assume a derogatory intent or tone.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    casual transphobia is a gigantic problem here and i get defensive over those kinds of comments for that reason, so yeah. no worries though

Ah, I wasn't aware that was going on here. Possible I just was reading any such comments inferring the more neutral tone and never picked up on it. That sucks.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tell me a story

about a pair of washboard abdominals rubbing up against one another.

Alternately tell me what you think of mopeds. I am wanting one for college.

So Steve was a six-pack but he was chilly because he belonged to a bro who never wanted to wear a shirt. He had been staring at these abs from across the room all night. Mesmerized by how they moved with every breath as their owner stepped up to take his turn at the Beer Pong table.

It was Alex. Steve had been admiring Alex all year but could never get up the courage to talk to him. But tonight...Tonight would be different.

And I've never ridden a moped but they seem fun.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't want to buy a car because those things are expensive, I think a li'l Vespa would suit me just fine given the circumstances, though I suppose it would depend on the city. And Santa Cruz seems to have a very good Zipcar service so we'll see.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want someone to drive me around whenever I want.

How do I make that happen?

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What is light rail? Trains? I like trains.

Buses are okay but I can never figure out the schedules.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am embarrassed that you did not like my story...I'm glad I didn't keep going.

:(

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't want to buy a car because those things are expensive, I think a li'l Vespa would suit me just fine given the circumstances, though I suppose it would depend on the city. And Santa Cruz seems to have a very good Zipcar service so we'll see.

I would love to get a moped and use that to get around but in this city you could ride it for maybe 3-4 months per year.

Though I guess they are pretty cheap so it might still be worth it.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    santa cruz is such a party school

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I'm sorry. It was really hot. I am just tired and finishing my homework. I did finish actually!

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I'm sorry. It was really hot. I am just tired and finishing my homework. I did finish actually!

So you don't want Part 2? Wow. I must be good at this.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I would love to get a moped and use that to get around but in this city you could ride it for maybe 3-4 months per year.

You live somewhere cold?

Kusu you are on! How am I like a mid-day luncheon?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You never did get to the part where they rubbed their abs against one another so yes, finish it.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You live somewhere cold?

Kusu you are on! How am I like a mid-day luncheon?

muse, this is a very very confusing post for me

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I understood everything in your pm minus the last word . . . it is french for midday meal?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You never did get to the part where they rubbed their abs against one another so yes, finish it.

Aye aye.

Part One
    So Steve was a six-pack but he was chilly because he belonged to a bro who never wanted to wear a shirt. He had been staring at these abs from across the room all night. Mesmerized by how they moved with every breath as their owner stepped up to take his turn at the Beer Pong table.

It was Alex. Steve had been admiring Alex all year but could never get up the courage to talk to him. But tonight...Tonight would be different.

Part Two
    There was a lot of beer going around and Alex was starting to bead with perspiration from the amount of other bodies packed into the tiny dorm room. He knew he was wet with it but staring at Steve was making him forget everything else. Why wont he talk to me? Alex bemoaned his situation even as he inched his way closer to the most chiseled six pack in the room.

Suddenly someone shoved from behind, a drunken freshman excited after a particularly good shot had shoved forward. Alex felt himself start in surprise, beer drenching his muscles as he was pushed forward.

Against Steve.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    oh it's breakfast

i was just bein silly

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sassori this pleases me greatly, I am mirthful.

Kusu do you sleep during the day what the hell. Don't be such a night owl.

Muse Among Men on
This discussion has been closed.