As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infamous 2] Festival of Blood DLC out now!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    More like Just Cause 2. Not as fast, though.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man. Just finished the good ending.
    I think one of the best and most subtle parts in the game were the directions for firing the RFI. You had to hold all of the buttons and then the final part was so simple. "Let go." I might be reading way too much into it like a sappy fuck but I ain't even give a fuck. So good.
    Not entirely sure how I feel about Kuo's turnaround. I get that she was terrified of dying but when she was attacking you it seemed less out of fear and more out of...cold rage. And at the end she was breaking down again. Kind of felt like she was switching back and forth.

I can see them leaving it here, but what was the flash of lightening right at the end when Zeke took Cole's body away on the ship? Does that mean he came back, or was it just a stylistic thing? If it leads to a third game, it would sure be a copout but I would not give a single fuck. They could make these games until the end of time and I would buy each one.

Gonna give it a break and then go back and do an Evil playthrough. What a fucking excellent game.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Easy Going is totally the best mission

Also kind of a bummer how this thread doesn't stay first page

Not enough people are enjoying this amazing game it seems
    You're -1 since I'm stuck away from my PS3. Made the thread and I can't even play the game for another month or so. Grargh.

JAEF on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think one of the best and most subtle parts in the game were the directions for firing the RFI. You had to hold all of the buttons and then the final part was so simple. "Let go." I might be reading way too much into it like a sappy fuck but I ain't even give a fuck. So good.
    Not entirely sure how I feel about Kuo's turnaround. I get that she was terrified of dying but when she was attacking you it seemed less out of fear and more out of...cold rage. And at the end she was breaking down again. Kind of felt like she was switching back and forth.

I can see them leaving it here, but what was the flash of lightening right at the end when Zeke took Cole's body away on the ship? Does that mean he came back, or was it just a stylistic thing? If it leads to a third game, it would sure be a copout but I would not give a single fuck. They could make these games until the end of time and I would buy each one.

Gonna give it a break and then go back and do an Evil playthrough. What a fucking excellent game.
    The lightning bolt I would say was 75% stylistic, 25% resurrection excuse. If a 3rd game ever pops, and Cole is once again the star, there's your reason as to why.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JAEF wrote: »

You're -1 since I'm stuck away from my PS3. Made the thread and I can't even play the game for another month or so. Grargh.

Hey. Hey Jaef. Jaef. Hey Hey. HEY JAEF.

Infamous 2 is really good. Just thought you should know :whistle:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, I'll never be able to go back and play Infamous 1 again. I like New Cole waaay too much.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My main issue with going back and finishing my evil run now is the graphics. I'm not usually a grphics person, but infamous 1 just looks so bad compared to infamous 2.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    CarbonFire wrote: »

If I didn't like infamous 1 because the powers felt too much like I was holding an invisible gun, would I like infamous 2?

Morkath on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

OH MAN, INFAMOUS 2 IS SO FUCKING GOOD!

IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD, GAAAH!

:lol:

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Morkath wrote: »

If I didn't like infamous 1 because the powers felt too much like I was holding an invisible gun, would I like infamous 2?

Not really. You've still got your invisible lightning pistol, which can now switch into invisible lightning rifle, invisible lightning cannon and invisible lightning machine gun. The pwers largely remain the same.

But personally I think that's a really minor thing to hold against the game. You're a guy who can shoot lightning from his hands, of course it's going to feel like an invisible gun.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I am not saying it is a bad game.

I just wanted more super feeling super powers, not a lighting machine gun, a lightning grenade launcher, a lightning rocket launcher.

Minor quibble I know and not something that is easy to do. So good game and interesting story, but not something I really want to "play".

Thanks for feeding my laziness so I didn't have to do any research. :)

Morkath on
  • Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmm... these comments make me glad I decided to wait on this one until I did finish my evil playthrough.

(Which I'll totally start soon, for real)

*Eyes backlog threatening to topple over and crush him.

Blandlytasteful on
    Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Yeah I am not saying it is a bad game.

I just wanted more super feeling super powers, not a lighting machine gun, a lightning grenade launcher, a lightning rocket launcher.

Minor quibble I know and not something that is easy to do. So good game and interesting story, but not something I really want to "play".

Thanks for feeding my laziness so I didn't have to do any research. :)

Well, you do get more super kind of powers in infamous 2. They're under the tag 'ionic powers'. For example, the first power, ionic vortex, unleashes a massive tornado that tears weak parts of buildings down and hurls cars down the street. It's a cool 'BFG' type power, where, if you're cornered by a bunch of bad guys, unleashing an ionic vortex at them clears the way and gives you breathing room. And looks fucking awesome.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Makes the hostage parade and convoy missions easy as hell.

"The ice men are parading their militia hostages around! Clear them out!" K. Huge-ass tornado, mission complete.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

"The ice men are parading their militia hostages around! Clear them out!" K. Huge-ass tornado, mission complete.

I liked using it on the mission where you rescue the police from the convoy. Need to kill a bunch of guards on and in trucks? Tornado. Hi cops.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    -Loki- wrote: »

I liked using it on the mission where you rescue the police from the convoy. Need to kill a bunch of guards on and in trucks? Tornado. Hi cops.

Oh, bunch of hostages need to be saved from the eeevil enemies? IONIC FREEZE ALL UP IN YOUR FACE. Okay innocents, please step around the frozen people.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    About to play Infamous 1 for the first time...kind of. I played the demo to DEATH when it was released but for some reason never bought the full game, I was instead pulled in by the uber-gore of Prototype (and promptly got bored of that for being light and floaty).

Anything I should know/be of aware of in the first one? Any major advantages/disadvantages to an evil/good run? Keeping in mind I'll only play it once.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Play evil as the Evil ending in the sequel is much better. And really, Cole's like the perfect evil main character. It's the only game series I play as the bad/sith/dark/Jack Bauer version first.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I thought of an interesting route to take the sequel.

In one of the evil missions:
    Cole mentions to Nix that he has a younger brother who he fell out of contact with when he became what he is. Next game you could play as him and through the course of the story you could bring Cole down for the sake of the remainder of humanity or join Cole altogether.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I thought of an interesting route to take the sequel.

In one of the evil missions:
    Cole mentions to Nix that he has a younger brother who he fell out of contact with when he became what he is. Next game you could play as him and through the course of the story you could bring Cole down for the sake of the remainder of humanity or join Cole altogether.
    We don't know if he is a conduit though. And really, the only way a third game would work is if they'd go with the evil ending since there's no one left to fight in the good one. Then again, InFamous was always about choices and making one choice the wrong one isn't benefical to that goal. I'm all for a third game but the ending they made impies that they wanted to end Cole's story off here and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Question: am I to infer from the previous comments that Ionic Vortex does not hit innocents? You can use it in a crowd and it only hits enemies?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Houn wrote: »
    Question: am I to infer from the previous comments that Ionic Vortex does not hit innocents? You can use it in a crowd and it only hits enemies?

No, but there is an Ionic power that does
    Ionic Freeze, which you unlock if you take Kuo's Ice Powers.

Also, I finished my UGC Level! You'll find it on the bridge to Gasworks, just above Fort St. Felipe. I thought the bridges were criminally underutilized in this game, so I sought to remedy that. Set up a nice little battle area with a couple waves of Ice Soldiers, and a Trio of Crushers at the end to make it interesting (and by interesting I mean hilarious, since the crushers will occasionally jump off the bridge for no good reason :lol:)

The level is called Welcome to Sweet Bridge, it's filed under Search and Rescue and Battle.

Works best if you've got a couple of power upgrades, including some sort of grenade upgrade (for increased damage) and possibly rockets, though you can get by without them. Melee is strongly encouraged 8-)

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I haven't unlocked them yet, but I'm curios: Do
    freezing powers like Ice grenade, freeze rocket or ionic freeze
    kill enemies, or do you get the live capture bonus? I liked the concussion grenade in the first one and would like to see the effect return in some form.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I haven't unlocked them yet, but I'm curios: Do
    freezing powers like Ice grenade, freeze rocket or ionic freeze
    kill enemies, or do you get the live capture bonus? I liked the concussion grenade in the first one and would like to see the effect return in some form.

No live capture grenade like in the first one. Not sure if you break someone out right after they're frozen if they stay alive or not (incapacitated), but I'm fairly certain if they sit there frozen for a while, they're pretty much dead.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Pretty sure they're dead when you break them out.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    About to play Infamous 1 for the first time...kind of. I played the demo to DEATH when it was released but for some reason never bought the full game, I was instead pulled in by the uber-gore of Prototype (and promptly got bored of that for being light and floaty).

Anything I should know/be of aware of in the first one? Any major advantages/disadvantages to an evil/good run? Keeping in mind I'll only play it once.

From what I understand, the good powers are more exact and precise and blue, while the evil powers are more destructive and orange. Stuff like how a good grenade will stick to an enemy, while an evil one will just break into 5 grenades and blanket an entire area, blowing up everyone friend or foe.

Evil is probably more fun because civilians are stupid and get in the way anyway. My first and only unfinished playthrough is good, and I often just want to blow up everything in my path.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh jeez, just finished my evil run. What a trip.

Makes me seriously wonder if they are making a third game. I mean, they must, Infamous is so good.

But if they do make a third, there's no way they'll have a continuation of both the good and evil path from 2. They would literally have to make two different games.

Edit: OH MY GOD THE CLASSIC COLE SKIN CHANGES DEPENDING ON YOUR KARMA. HOW COOL IS THAT.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just picked this up tonight. Am very much looking forward to it.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just beat it on the good side. Hell of an ending.

The music towards the end was fantastic as well. Especially the end credit song.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hows the flow of movement for getting from ground to height in this? 1 was great for moving horizontally and going from air to ground, but really sucked when you wanted to go high quickly. It was easy to cling to everything and easy to get up there eventually, but fast was another story.
    I'm interested in that super jump thing or whatever it is I heard about is integrated. I forget the proper name.

edit: Oh, hey, somehow I didn't expect someone to have asked the same question a page ago. Sorry about that. All sorted.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

For the record, though I did a fully Good runthrough on my first time, I really didn't like the final choice

I thought the "evil" option was a legitimately better choice and wanted to go with that one

So...good on Sucker Punch, I guess? Finally threw one at me that I had to think about.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ice jump. It makes vertical movement much easier. They've also implemented other things like car jumps, a grapple-like power to pull yourself up buildings, and electric pole things that catapult you up. All in all, it's much easier to go up than in the first game.

Also the static thrusters give you a little boost when you first use them, too.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually dreading my evil run through because I won't have the ice jump ability.

And man, I just love the ending song so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjovrzqDJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I'm missing two last side missions to clear the entire map of enemy presence

IMG_0577.jpg

I've scoured both sections pretty extensively thinking that there'd have to be enemies I'd need to beat in order to unlock the side missions (like a hidden item or convoy mission) but raids in both sections come up blank every time

Help?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For the one up top there were two guys on a roof (near where you start the final mission) that should appear. For the other one, I believe there should be two guys walking around on the ground just north of the intersection.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, I'll go check that out in a minute

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I'm missing two last side missions to clear the entire map of enemy presence

IMG_0577.jpg

I've scoured both sections pretty extensively thinking that there'd have to be enemies I'd need to beat in order to unlock the side missions (like a hidden item or convoy mission) but raids in both sections come up blank every time

Help?

Leave the area, then come back and they should hopefully pop. IIRC, the upper section mission should be a hidden package one that you receive from some guys on a roof. The other I think might be a convoy mission from a couple of guys walking on the street near the gas works.
    Edit: Beat'd so hard.

@Kyougu: While Ice Jump is the very best thing ever, the comparable Evil ability (Firebird Strike) is still pretty useful as well.

However, the other evil ability is pretty much useless. More useless than the Ice Shield even.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    And for missions where you need to get a package off a body, make sure you kill the enemy.

If they are still squirming around on the ground they won't drop it. Basically just make sure that whenever you see an enemy, go for headshocks.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ice shield kept me alive during the
    militia shooting you while you're in a cage
    part. After that, I didn't even touch it.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ice shield kept me alive during the
    militia shooting you while you're in a cage
    part. After that, I didn't even touch it.

Fuck

I didn't even think about how I'm gonna manage that part with fire powers

UnbreakableVow on