As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Crap, one of my images wasn't linked properly and didn't show up. Fixed.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    May wanna trade in some of those centimes for Dinars, btw :P

Syphyre on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Syphyre wrote: »
    May wanna trade in some of those centimes for Dinars, btw :P

No joke. I spend this next set preparing for the trip to Raseir, and I bargain away a lot of my money in the process. But I maxed out Communication!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I like that you used Elsa's attempt for the Grail insted of Indy's. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It seemed more apropos ;)

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nice! Updates!

There will be more. Tomorrow the only thing I've got to do is my final exam at 8 AM, and my 2nd job at 6-9 PM.

So I'll get some stuff up.

Hey no worries - take your time. This is just high quality stuff that deserves recognition!

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Set 30 - Water you gonna do
    qfg06072011142247.png

Our Honor is... less than inspiring. Well I'm a gat darn Thief, whadja 'spect?

qfg06072011142254.png

qfg2hero.gif*yawn* That was actually a pretty good evening. Not really a morning person, but Shema and Shameen don't run one of those awesome "breakfast served all day" places, so I guess I'd better drag my rich ass out of bed.

qfg06072011142306.png

qfg2hero.gifOh for dick's sake! If it isn't one Elemental it's another. What am I going to wake up to tomorrow, the Semen Elemental? Don't bother getting up, flabbo. I'll take care of it before breakfast hours are up.

qfg06072011142309.png

qfg2hero.gifKeep your shirt on. No really, don't get naked. I don't fight these things until after I've eaten all this delicious, crispy bacon. Wait... this is floppy. UGH. Fine, I'll do it. But my bacon better be so brittle it shatters on the floor when I drop it when I come back.

qfg06072011142404.png

qfg2hero.gifThis thing looks even less threatening than the others. It's just swimming around the fountain! Here, I'll put this waterskin down for containment. I guess... I'll try and push it out, towards the waterskin?

qfg06072011142438.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat the... no! Get away! You're supposed to go in the waterskin!

qfg06072011142439.png

qfg2hero.gifhurk

qfg06072011142440.png

qfg06072011142441.png

qfg06072011142454.png

qfg2hero.gifNah, that's a terrible idea. I know! I'll use these nifty magic bellows I got to blow it out of the fountain and into the waterskin. That's the ticket! It's gotta work.

qfg06072011142632.png

qfg06072011142635.png

qfg06072011142642.png

smugface.gif

qfg06072011142721.png

qfg2hero.gifYou, hush. Bacon time.

qfg06072011142743.png

qfg06072011142744.png

qfg06072011142748.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, you'll never catch me turning down free valuables.

The shape of the pin stirs an old memory. You recall how you used to practice with such simple pins when first learning how to pick locks. You decide not to mention this to the honest merchant.

Next day...

qfg06072011142933.png

qfg06072011142940.png

qfg2hero.gifShe's finally succumbing to my wiles, I just know it. I wouldn't want to disappoint a lady...

qfg06072011143000.png

qfg2hero.gifYou know what? You actually caught me on a day when I'm carrying way too much money around. Here.

qfg06072011143009.png

qfg06072011143012.png

qfg2hero.gifIf you tell anybody about this, I'll kick your balls so hard they go up through your body and end up in your mouth.

qfg06072011143053.png

qfg06072011143055.png

qfg06072011143057.png

qfg2hero.gifThat sounds good but

qfg06072011143059.png

qfg2hero.gifI already ate. Well, maybe a bit more wouldn't hurt. How much for the falafel?

qfg06072011143135.png

qfg2hero.gifThat makes no sense. If it was an expensive price, it wouldn't be cheap, would it?

qfg06072011144650.png

qfg2hero.gifAll right, well, I'll give you 40 centimes for the Falafel there.

qfg06072011144652.png

qfg2hero.gifWuh huh? That's more than the original price! You fucking cheat! No! My offer is 54 centimes.

qfg06072011143224.png

qfg06072011143227.png

qfg2hero.gifBut... that's your original asking price. Fucking fine, have your 60 damn centimes. You have no idea how to haggle, do you?

We go buy a shitload of healing and stamina pills.

qfg06072011144916.png

qfg06072011144918.png

These last few days in Shapeir are the last chance to buy these things at a discount price. Pills in QFG3 are expensive, so it's best to stock up.

qfg06072011145140.png

Stats are nearly maxed, with the notable exceptions of Honor (heh) and Magic. Since Piotyr has thankfully started a Magic User, I have been neglecting the skill.

qfg06072011145204.png

We go buy some another waterskin to replace the one holding the Water Elemental.

qfg06072011145301.png

And a fucking crapton of daggers. We're starting to look like this guy:

knivesj.jpg

Or maybe this guy:

knives2.jpg

And on to the final day of Shapeir!

qfg06072011145406.png

qfg06072011145411.png

qfg2hero.gifYou're like an alarm clock, you know that?

qfg06072011145426.png

qfg2hero.gifI guess they can't all be good days.

Then we get harassed into going to Raseir by everyone in Shapeir:

qfg06072011145428.png

qfg06072011145457.png

qfg06072011145458.png

qfg06072011145514.png

qfg06072011145518.png

qfg06072011145524.png

qfg06072011145919.png

qfg06072011145938.png

qfg06072011145949.png

qfg06072011150006.png

qfg06072011145540.png

qfg2hero.gifLook, I would call you a walking and talking fuckwad, except that you can't walk because of your leg. I found out it was you who told everyone I was leaving to save Raseir. Why in the hell did you do that?!

rakeesh.jpgWhen first we met, I could feel there was dark within you. Now I can see that the light is stronger, if you will only let it be so. It is a narrow path between darkness and light, and you will always walk that tightrope in your soul.

qfg2hero.gifSo you're giving me a "push" in the "right" direction? Fuck you. I only go where there is money, and boatloads of it.

rakeesh.jpgUm, there's money in Raseir. Tons of it. It's a city built completely out of gold. Also, you'll be richly rewarded by the Sultan of Shapeir if you go save Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifGold, huh? And a reward to boot? What's the catch?

rakeesh.jpgThe journey you are about to make is to a very dark and dangerous place. The foe you will face is very powerful in the ways of magic. Be wary and alert, for you will be surrounded by enemies. Yet trust your instincts, my friend, for you may still make allies by your actions.

qfg2hero.gifI'm not really concerned about my life, only my comfort level. Hm. If this place is as rich as you say, I could go handle everything in a couple of days and then be back with my newfound wealth. All right, I'll go.

rakeesh.jpg*ahem* All of us in this city will be hoping for your safety, for all know of the seriousness of your mission. May fortune smile upon you, Hamburglar.

uhurav.jpgKeep your weapon handy, Hero, and don't let your enemies get you. You and I maybe practice some more when you get back.

qfg2hero.gifAll right, I've left Aziza waiting long enough.

qfg06072011145820.png

qfg06072011145823.png

qfg2hero.gif:whistle:I'm gonna make love to you woman... gonna lay down by the fiiiire:whistle:

aziza.jpgYou have saved the city through your resourcefulness and bravery. You are very much a hero. Welcome to my home, Hamburglar. May your deeds be remembered forever. I worked some magic last night to uncover information about your trip to Raseir. I need to discuss this with you. Come in, sit down, and we shall speak.

qfg2hero.gifBut why talk when we can

qfg06072011145832.png

qfg06072011145833.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat the shit

aziza.jpgWelcome, stranger. I shall be honored to have you for a guest.

qfg06072011145837.png

(Perhaps he has a Saurus throatus?)

aziza.jpgCome in. We shall all sit and see what we shall see.

qfg06072011145843.png

aziza.jpgWater of wisdom, liquid of life, I call upon thee three times three, Mirror without what lies within, So we shall have the true to see.

qfg2hero.gifTry saying that 10 times fast.

aziza.jpgLook into the water, and we shall see your true form.

qfg06072011145851.png

aziza.jpgAh, the Emir Arus al-Din. There was good reason why my spell could not locate you in Raseir.

qfg2hero.gif(Wait... so every time he licked me... ohgod)

aziza.jpgYou are under a most powerful enchantment. The caster must be a very skilled wizard to craft such a spell. Water of wisdom, liquid of life, Knowledge now is what I seek, Reveal the caster of the spell, upon the one which I bespeak.

qfg06072011145902.png

qfg2hero.gifHey! It's that Ad Avis guy! This is the second beast I've seen him responsible for. Well... I'll just have to stab him in the back, then. And then in the face.

qfg06072011145906.png

qfg2hero.gifDoes this mean I don't have a saurus anymore? But I bought and paid for one!

aziza.jpgWe all are hoping for your success, Hero, and eagerly await the pleasure of your return. Farewell, Hamburglar.

qfg2hero.gifDidn't even get laid...

After a good long nap...

qfg06072011150029.png

qfg2hero.gifHunger... must... eat.

qfg06072011150036.png

qfg2hero.gifBut... can't he wait?

qfg06072011150038.png

qfg06072011150040.png

You receive the reward of 100 dinars.

qfg2hero.gifOh. I guess I could stay and listen to... just one poem.

qfg06072011150048.png

The Emir had a brother,
    who quickly took the throne,
    but the shadow lurking under soon was known
    For the Katta were exiled,
    And Raseir was then defiled,
    By the rules and regulations that were shown.

The Sultan sent his men to restore Raseir to right,
    But they did not even have a chance to fight,
    For as they crossed the land,
    a tremendous storm of sand,
    Forced his forces to retreat from their plight.

So now the rumor's told of the city of Raseir,
    That the Darkness shadows everything in fear.
    And He that now does rule has the Emir as his tool,
    Disobedience brings punishment severe.

The moral of this story as the best of tales must tell
    Of the horrors of the orders that befell,
    Is the simple corollary that the Hero must be wary,
    'Ere He journeys to that shadow's citadel,
    And we bid him luck and wish him to fare well.

As you travel to Raseir, Hamburglar, know that all of us in Shapeir wish for your safety and the success of your mission.

qfg2hero.gifHey... that was actually not half bad. And I'm not just saying that because it was partly about me.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is that Pierrot le Fou?

If so, you should definitely look more like him. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wait, the water elemental killed you by desiccating your body? I'd think it'd be the opposite.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh man oh man oh man!

The buildup to this Raesir thing is palpable. I am really stoked to see what happens!

Rucio on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wait, the water elemental killed you by desiccating your body? I'd think it'd be the opposite.
    Take a look at my wet with the water elemental, during the visit to Aziza, she says that it can do exactly that.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rucio wrote: »
    Oh man oh man oh man!

The buildup to this Raesir thing is palpable. I am really stoked to see what happens!

We play a game of cards, then chat amicably about local politics. Ad-Avis realizes he's being mean, and helps the hero reform the city.
    Not really

Syphyre on
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    More new VGA-only goodness...

Magic User 16 - Whirls and Wizards, Flurries and Furries

q2f1start.png

qfg2hero.gifGood morning, day 2. What's left to do today?

To-Do:
    - Become the most powerful Wizard in Shapeir
    - Wait for fortune to finish cooking. Takes a few hours at least.
    - Figure out what's waiting at the crossing of dinar and fountain.
    - Figure out how to get a Dervish's Whirl for 1500 centimes
    - Find Scorpion Venom and Ghoul Claws (hopefully lying around harmlessly) for cash.
    - Save the tree lady by giving her water, magic sacrifice, and love. I don't have magic sacrifice covered yet. Ask Aziza later.
    - Be a Hero Shapeir style for rewards of "goodness"
    -- Show those Paladins how it's done, Darkmagic-style.
    - Impress Ad Avis enough with magic that he'll talk to me
    - Track down Iblis's tomb and measure up
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Find and restore Emir Arus (evil brother ruling throne, 1000 dinar reward)
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifTime to show off the power and gain some recognition! Current power levels...

q2magiczap.pngZap: 102
    q2magicflame.pngFlame Dart: 100
    q2magicfetch.pngFetch: 83
    q2magicdetect.pngDetect Magic: 83
    q2magiccalm.pngCalm: 82
    q2magicdazzle.pngDazzle: 81
    q2magicopen.pngOpen: 81.
    q2magictrigger.pngTrigger: 80
    q2magicforcebolt.pngForce Bolt: 54
    q2magiclevitate.pngLevitate: 53
    q2magicreversal.pngReversal: 10

qfg2hero.gifTime for some breakfast and an early horoscope.

q2f2inn2.png

qfg2hero.gifUhh, absolutely, Shema. I wouldn't miss it for the world, out of sheer curiosity. Thanks again for the meal, I must be off to check my horoscope.

q2f3alichica1.png

qfg2hero.gifI can think of a few solid uses for a trash can, even one as gaudy as a saurus foot. Maybe later, if I don't burn down your stand first. I've got a horoscope to listen to for now.

q2f4astrologer1.png

+5 Return to Astrologer for reading (116/500)

qfg2hero.gifI hope this is worth it, Abu...

q2abu.pngAlas, never before have I read such troubling signs as those which guide you. Your future is very dark.

qfg2hero.gifThat sounds like we're off to a promising start.

q2abu.pngDarkness will lead you into a tomb. You will walk in fire, earth, water, and air, through temptation, and at last into despair and desolation. Darkness will triumph unless you stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifThat was the shittiest horoscope in history. Although that temptation bit doesn't sound half bad.

To-Do:
    - Wait for fortune to finish cooking. Takes a few hours at least.
    - Survive tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    - Stop the last light.

- Find Scorpion Venom and Ghoul Claws (hopefully lying around harmlessly) for cash.
    - Save the tree lady by giving her water, magic sacrifice, and love. I don't have magic sacrifice covered yet. Ask Aziza later.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifThanks for the...warning, I guess?

q2abu.pngMaybe you should consider a new line of work and get out of this hero business. Have you considered accounting?

qfg2hero.gifFuck that shit. That's no way to gain glory and power. Thanks for the pep talk, though. I'm off to solve a graffiti riddle...

The message reads: "Misfortune will arise when the dinar hits the fountain."

qfg2hero.gifWell, let's see...there's a Fountain street leading west from the Fountain Plaza, and a Dinar street leading south from the moneychangers. So if I go to the intersection...

q2f5message1.png

q2f5message2.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, then. You don't look very friendly at all. But I know something you don't know...

q2f5message3.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm not very friendly either!

...Hey, wait, where you going? No loot, even? Fuck!

To-Do:
    - Track down that damned graffiti brigand and beat him senseless until he coughs up something valuable or his life.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Survive tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifWell, shit. Guess I might as well comb the desert for that dervish for the cash reward.

q2f6alichica1.png

qfg2hero.gifUrge to burn...rising. Although, if I am successful, I'll probably be happy enough to buy that trash can, so I can have someplace to sweep the ashes of your store put my garbage.

q2f7saurus1.png

q2alifakir.png(Although for the life of me, I can't imagine why.)

qfg2hero.gifThis looks...promising...*looks for escape*

q2alifakir.pngI'm Ali Fakir. Honest Ali Fakir. Honest Ali T. Fakir. I bet you don't know what the T stands for? Edgar. But you were close, though. My name is Honest Ali Fakir. Pleased to meet you.

qfg2hero.gifTragically, I can't say the same thing...

q2alifakir.pngPersonally, I'm a merchant. I sell Sauruses. I'm the local Saurus source. Would you be interested in buying one? I can make you a deal on a late model with all the options thrown in. Options like saddle, bridle, two feet...

qfg2hero.gifMe? Need a Saurus? Have you seen my awesome power? I can fucking Levitate.

q2alifakir.pngTo travel the desert around here, you need a good Saurus. A good Saurus will never desert you. However, the Saurus I have for you is your just desserts.

qfg2hero.gifLook, I've already travelled the desert around here with practically no water. Now I'm pretty sure I classify as a water elemental. I don't need a Saurus.

q2alifakir.pngYou never know when a Saurus might come in handy. Why, just the other day, you were thinking to yourself, "Self," you thought, "if only I had someone to play pinochle with!" If you had a Saurus, you still couldn't play pinochle. It just goes to show you. And speaking of shows, have I got the Saurus for you. The Saurus. That's where you look for synonyms. And peaking of sin, when it comes to Sauruses, well, let's just keep your personal preferences a secret, shall we? (They don't call it Saurus Rex for nothing.)

qfg2hero.gifDid you just imply me a Saurus fucker? The fuck is wrong with you?

q2alifakir.pngYou know, you remind me of someone I didn't sell a Saurus to. Nah, it couldn't be. Surely someone with your brains and looks needs a Saurus. (Either that, or some preschool and a plastic surgeon.)

qfg2hero.gifTake that back right now or I'm Forcing you into last year, bitch.

q2alifakir.pngSo you want to buy a Saurus, eh? I'm Fakir, Honest Ali Fakir. Glad to meet you. You've come to the right place. Honest Ali Fakir's Used Saurus Lot -- If you don't buy one here, you don't buy one.

qfg2hero.gifYes, we're actually still having the same conversation we started with earlier.

q2alifakir.pngAt any rate, I'm here to sell you a Saurus. I'll sell you a Saurus, and I won't take 'no' for an answer. I don't know the meaning of 'no'. (I couldn't find it in The Saurus.)

qfg2hero.gifYou familiar with the word Flame? How about Zap? I do happen to have just the stirring discertation on that subject at the end of my dagger here, if you'd care to look closer. You may not realize this, but I am the local hero.

q2alifakir.pngSo they call you a hero, eh? What kind of hero are you, walking around like a nobody when you could be riding your noble steed across the desert sands. I can see it now, you in your flowing white robes, riding with the entire Bedouin nation at your side, your blue eyes blazing as you ride to glory!

qfg2hero.gifWhite robes? I'm a Wizard, not a Cleric!

q2alifakir.pngNo, that was that Lawrence guy, wasn't it? Well, even YOU would look less reprehensible upon a Saurus.

qfg2hero.gifGive me one good reason not to roast this entire lot just for spite.

q2alifakir.pngHi, I'm Ali. Honest Ali Fakir. Welcome to Honest Ali Fakir's Used Saurus Lot -- where we always know a sucker when we see one. Pleased to meet you. Now about that deal we were going to make...

qfg2hero.gifRight, the deal. You stop talking and apologize right this fucking second, and I won't end your existence.

q2alifakir.pngYou DO want to buy a Saurus, don't you?

qfg2hero.gifI think I've made it perfectly clear that I do not. Did I not make that clear?

q2alifakir.pngThat's it! I give up. I've tried to help you save the universe and you won't even buy my lousy Saurus. If you don't buy my Saurus this time, I'm going to pack up my lot and then see if you can win the game. We'll see who laughs last. Ha ha!

qfg2hero.gifYou underestimate me. I am a powerful Wizard, and soon to be the most powerful Wizard in all of Shapeir...

q2f7saurus45.png

qfg2hero.gif...Saurus, you say? Do you accept dinars?

+7 Buy Saurus from Ali (123/500)

q2alifakir.pngJust a minute and I'll introduce your Saurus to you.

q2f7saurus47.png

qfg2hero.gifHi, Mr. Saurus. I hope, for your sake, I never get hungry or annoyed with you.

q2alifakir.pngSeeing that you two kids are hitting it off from the start, it sounds like a good time to start heading off. Hello, I must be going. No exit line if I ever heard one.

Continued in Part 2

Piotyr on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, magic seems a bit more puzzle based.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Boy we got ourselves a crapload of updates in the past couple of days :D And...man, mage got some awesome minigames that I didn't get. Oh well, I had to fun of beating the happiness out of things with my special sword.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hate, hate, hate the Keapon Laffin magic minigame. Those prisms are way more confusing than they look in the screens. Still, extra stuff is hard to complain about, and to be fair, I stopped playing it pretty much the first time I ever beat it.

I'll try to get to Raseir this week. The place is fun for the whole family.

Man, QFG3 is going to go by so damn quick compared to this.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not pictured: Me losing the Force Bolt Flurry minigame about 40 times. Especially since you can't save during it.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Guys, I just realized that between us, we have almost 70 sets so far.

And we're not even done with the second game out of five.

Holy shit. What did I get us into.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Guys, I just realized that between us, we have almost 70 sets so far.

And we're not even done with the second game out of five.

Holy shit. What did I get us into.

The best screenshot LP I've seen in a long time.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you, josh, for starting it! Thank you, readers, for encouraging us!

Beat the game a couple of days ago, and now I literally have several hundreds of screenshots to filter through. Argh!

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    At least you don't have another sidequest to cover once you get to Raseir. Being a Thief there means more work.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, but that may be the most important job of all in the grand scheme of things.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So, magic is pretty much maxed out by the end of day 4 thanks to Sim-Siddhi. I know I can boost Force Bolt a lot with Force Bolt Flurry, but I can't win that one consistently. :(
    Syphyre wrote:
    Beat the game a couple of days ago, and now I literally have several hundreds of screenshots to filter through. Argh!

I'm through day 4, and completely front-loaded all the side stuff, so hopefully I can power through the elementals one set each (maybe 2 for Earth + related) and catch up quickly.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 23 - A Hero's Sendoff

qfg2hero.gifHeading off to Raseir tomorrow. Am I scared? Yeah. But a hero's gotta do what a hero's gotta do. Besides, after facing down a few elementals, how bad can it be?

qfg2hero.gifNot near as bad as this hangover. Never doing that again.

qfg20110626130346.png

qfg2hero.gifOh that's right, hell, give me some coffee, I need to be in my best shape.

qfg20110626130428.png

qfg2hero.gifI get the beatmaster to send me off with some poetry? Sweet.

qfg20110626130432.png

qfg2hero.gifThank you, thank you. I'll be off to Raseir to drive whatever evil out that I can.

Our hero walks around the city, greetings and thanking all the Katta he's met and helped on his adventures. His storefront friends greet him as well.

harik.jpgI have heard a rumor that you are taking a caravan to Raseir. It would be best if you purchased some extra pills to take with you.

qfg2hero.gifCan't help but make that final sell eh? But, I probably will need them.

keapon.jpgSpeaking of finals, Lionel, so you're graduating to Raseir. Beware, Larry, I hear it's hairy there, so watch your derriere. Happy trails to you, until we meet again. Buy those banditos! Good luck, Buck!

qfg2hero.gif*sighs* Gnomes.

qfg20110626130638.png

qfg2hero.gifWhoa, being supportive? Keep those muscles flexing, Issur. The fighter's guild may not be for me. I'm taking the honorable path.

qfg20110626130650.png

qfg2hero.gifYou mean the one who beat your trial last night and slammed you at arm wrestling?

qfg20110626130933.png

qfg2hero.gifYou've taught me well, Obi-Wan Raskeeshi. It's the right and honorable thing to do as a hero.

rakeesh.jpgYou have proven yourself both brave and resourceful by your actions. The journey you are about to make is to a very dark and dangerous place. The foe you will face is very powerful in the ways of magic. Be wary and alert, for you will be surrounded by enemies. Yet trust your instincts, my friend, for you may still make allies by your actions.

qfg2hero.gifI have a feeling the only allies I may find, from the sounds of it, are the Katta underground, if they even exist still.

uhurav.jpgKeep your weapon handy, Hero, and don't let your enemies get you. You and I maybe practice some more when you get back.

rakeesh.jpgIF you will permit it, my friend, perhaps you and I could practice with weapons before you go. I happen to know some skills with weapons that may help you on your mission.

qfg2hero.gif*blinks* Rakeesh, I formally challenge you to a duel. First blood, or first one on the floor wins.

qfg20110626131031.png

qfg20110626131035.png

qfg20110626131036.png

qfg20110626131037.png

qfg2hero.gifEn Garde!

qfg20110626131045.png

qfg20110626131049.png

qfg20110626131112.png

qfg2hero.gifFirst on the floor. I win this round, Rakeesh.

qfg20110626131117.png

qfg2hero.gifThank you *bows deeply*

rakeesh.jpgHowever, the real battle is not always won by a swing or a thrust. To fight with honor is not always easy. Sometimes the way of honor will seem foolish to those that have none. Nevertheless, without honor, there is no victory. With honor, there is no real defeat.

qfg2hero.gifI'm going to have to think on those words for a while Rakeesh. Thank you. Farewell, and I talk with you more about honor after I return from Raseir.

Our hero makes one more stop, now that he's sobered up and cleaned up.

qfg2hero.gifPretty damn certain living with honor does NOT mean taking a vow of chastity. Just being an honorable gentleman.

qfg20110626131222.png

qfg2hero.gifAziza, you are lovely as always.

qfg20110626131225.png

qfg20110626131227.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm honored to be in your home at your request, why don't we sit down for a while?

qfg20110626131228.png

qfg2hero.gifAh, business before pleasure, I can dig it.

qfg20110626131231.png

qfg2hero.gif*turns* Wait, what, what are you doing here? How did you open the door?!

qfg20110626131232yf.png

qfg2hero.gifOh by the flaming sword, not NOW.

qfg20110626131234.png

qfg2hero.gifYes. We shall be...happy...to have you here.

qfg20110626131237.png

qfg20110626131238.png

qfg20110626131239.png

qfg2hero.gifI never thought I would see the day when a saurus walks in on me.

qfg20110626131242.png

qfg20110626131243.png

qfg20110626131246.png

qfg2hero.gifTrue form...hey wait, I Still have some dispel potions that Harik made.

qfg20110626131248.png

qfg20110626131249.png

qfg20110626131250.png

qfg2hero.gifHoly crap, it's a man! And you licked me? LICKED ME? Please tell me that was only your animal instincts shining through.

aziza.jpgYou are under a most powerful enchantment. The caster must be a very skilled wizard to craft such a spell.

Water of wisdom, liquid of life, Knowledge now is what I seek, Reveal the caster of the spell, upon the one which I bespeak.

qfg20110626131257.png

qfg2hero.gifHe looks like pure evil, Aziza.

qfg20110626131304.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, hey, hey, didn't I just tell you I had some spare dispel potions?

qfg20110626131305.png

qfg2hero.gif*lets out a tremendous sigh* I hope to see you again once I return, fair lady.

That Evening...

qfg20110626131413.png

qfg2hero.gifGood Evening! Always nice to see your face in the inn.

poetomar.pngThe Sultan of Shapeir has now decreed, That this hero is a hero here indeed. For actions fundamental in dispelling Elementals, a reward for he who freed us with all speed.

poetomarlackey.pngFrom the Sultan Harun al-Rashid (May He Reign Forever!), we present thee with this purse for thy services most brave and daring against the Elementals of Earth and Water.

qfg20110626131420.png
    Points: 6 (362) - Accept reward from killing the Earth and Water Elementals.

qfg2hero.gifThank you, and inform the Sultan of my thanks as well.

qfg20110626131427.png

qfg20110626131428.png

qfg20110626131429.png
    I just thought this was cool. Whenever Omar speaks, Shema actually comes out and sits down next to Shameen.

qfg20110626131431.png

qfg20110626131437.png

qfg20110626131444.png

qfg20110626131449.png

qfg20110626131453.png

qfg20110626131458.png

qfg2hero.gifYou...you talked in a non-rhyming voice!

qfg20110626131503.png
    And there she goes.

qfg2hero.gifThank you again for the gift from defeating the earth and water elementals.

poetomar.pngThe might of earth and strength of rock transformed, and through the land the creature rose and stormed. The shape of man was made by force of spell, until the fire's fury shall it quell

poetomarlackey.pngThe Elemental of Earth is a force of great devastation, but it can be overcome by flame.

qfg2hero.gifYeup.

poetomar.pngA thing of water living contradiction, despite the water's flowing benediction, for in its power at its very worst, forces men to sufer die of thirst.

poetomarlackey.pngThe Water Elemental by its nature absorbs water, thus those around it die of thirst.

qfg2hero.gifAgain, yeup.

qfg2hero.gifGood night Omar, Sheema, Shameen, Kattas, everyone. Tomorrow, I ride to Raseir!

... ... ...

qfg20110626131657.png

qfg2hero.gifZZZzzzzzZzzzzz....

qfg20110626131700.png

qfg2hero.gifNo mommy I don't wanna fight the evil wizard today Zzzzzz.zzzz...

qfg20110626131701.png

qfg2hero.gifBuh wha huh no I! Oh. Shameen. Mornin'.

qfg20110626131703.png

qfg20110626131707.png

qfg2hero.gif*yawns* Thanks guys. Food and duds, awesome. Can I get a bit more shuteye real quick?

qfg20110626131744.png

qfg2hero.gifThat would be a no. Thanks for all the awesome food and bedding guys.

qfg20110626131801.png

The inn is filled with Katta merchants who wish you luck upon your departure.

qfg2hero.gifI'm...touched. I really am. I'll go see what I can do about fighting back evil in Shapeir. With honor, I will not be defeated. I hope.

qfg20110626131810.png

qfg20110626131817.png

qfg20110626131818.png

You ride out to join this new adventure, pausing only to watch the sunrise.

3VLXc.gif

qfg20110626131845.png

qfg2hero.gifAh, the caravan is approaching!

qfg20110626131852.png

qfg2hero.gifLets head down and join them shall we my new trusty steed?

qfg20110626131907.png

kXhed.gif

qfg2hero.gifThis looks bad. Very bad.

qfg20110626131946.png

qfg2hero.gifGIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM, EVERYTHING! AAAAARHHH!!

qfg20110626131950.png
    Time to take a week or two off ;)

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Once Jethro becomes a Paladin I formally request you alter his name in 3 to Sir Jethro or something.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited July 2011
    You know what, I feel like a total idiot but I just now got that the name Sim-Siddhi is a joke.

I feel like I did when I realized the meaning behind the spelling of The BEATles as a kid.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also Syphyre, I am stealing that animated .gif from you.

I am a Thief, after all.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Once Jethro becomes a Paladin I formally request you alter his name in 3 to Sir Jethro or something.

Was thinking more like "THE Jethro"
    Also Syphyre, I am stealing that animated .gif from you.

I am a Thief, after all.

Feel free. I just figured out how to make animated gifs like two days ago, for this purpose alone. Ok maybe some comic edits in the future too.

I actually didn't even notice the Sim-Siddhi at first either, till Piotyr's Jim mentions Whirl Wright and I'm going "...ok why THAT joke" then I got it. Bravo.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I just noticed looking at my post again. In the one where the Katta Merchants see you off, Abdulla Doo is there, the ONLY ONE WITH FOOD, at the table stuffing himself. Gotta be him.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Magic User 17 - Prophecy by Rhyme, for the Second Time

q2g1start.png

qfg2hero.gifGood morning, day 3. Now that I'm the most powerful Wizard in Shapeir, what more can I do for glory?

To-Do:
    - Track down that damned graffiti brigand and beat him senseless until he coughs up something valuable or his life.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Impress Ad Avis enough with magic that he'll talk to me
    -- Track down Iblis's tomb and measure up
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifWonder if that brigand left any more graffiti. I'll have to check that out. I can probably rock some Scorpions and Ghouls too, while I'm at it. Check the spell spread!

q2magicflame.pngFlame Dart: 115
    q2magiczap.pngZap: 102
    q2magicopen.pngOpen: 98
    q2magicfetch.pngFetch: 95
    q2magictrigger.pngTrigger: 91
    q2magicdetect.pngDetect Magic: 89
    q2magiccalm.pngCalm: 88
    q2magicdazzle.pngDazzle: 81
    q2magicforcebolt.pngForce Bolt: 78
    q2magiclevitate.pngLevitate: 53
    q2magicreversal.pngReversal: 10

qfg2hero.gifI should probably actually use Reversal a bit, not to mention keep at those magic games...but first, breakfast!

q2g3inn1.png

qfg2hero.gifMorning. Food? Thanks.

q2g3inn4.png

qfg2hero.gifPoetry? I could stand to broaden my horizons, I guess. Besides, I'm getting a free meal out of the deal anyway. Catch you tonight!

q2g4alichica1.png

qfg2hero.gifYeah...think I'll pass this time. Time to hit the fountain for my daily water dose...

q2g5beggar1.png

qfg2hero.gifKnow what? I'm in such a good mood, I'll even give you two centimes.

q2g5beggar2.png
    +3 Give money to beggar (131/500)

qfg2hero.gifThe point per centime ratio there was phenomenal. Full of water, now to look for some graffiti...

q2g6message1.png

qfg2hero.gifHmm, I'm pretty sure there was a Sword Street somewhere near the Adventurer's Guild area...

q2g7rakeesh1.png

qfg2hero.gifI guess some like it hot. Me? I prefer it human.

q2g7rakeesh2.png

qfg2hero.gifAs much of a wonderful time as it is to be left alone with a lion, I suppose. Promse me you won't eat him whole while I go track down a local vandal.

q2g8graffitibrig1.png

qfg2hero.gifHere, briggy briggy!

q2g8graffitibrig2.png

qfg2hero.gifOne more spell should finish you off...

q2g8graffitibrig3.png

qfg2hero.gifCowardly whore! I'll get you next time, brigand, next time! Ahh well, time to beat Aziza senseless in Sim-Siddhi a while and then explore more of the desert for reagents for Harik.

*6 Sim-Siddhi beatings later...*

q2g9saurus1.png

qfg2hero.gifGood morning, loyal nameless guard. You have the manners of a Katta. Now, I've explored east well enough, time to try west.

q2g10griffin1.png
    The Griffin looks like a cross between a lion and an eagle. It seems to be sleeping.

+3 Find Griffin's Nest (134/500)

qfg2hero.gifHuh. Interesting. I don't need any reagents from a griffin without a scorpion tail, but I imagine since I got points here it'll be more important later. Oh well, on to locate a scorpion!

q2g11scorpion1.png

qfg2hero.gifExcuse me, Mr. Scorpion, but I need to separate you from your tail. Taste the Super Bolt!

q2g11scorpion2.png
    q2g11scorpion3.png

qfg2hero.gifJim 1, scorpion 0. Now to head back for the reward!

q2g12harik2.png

qfg2hero.gifI'll grab some of those poison cure pills later, I imagine. Thanks for the cash, though. What else to do...

To-Do:
    - Track down that damned graffiti brigand again and beat him senseless until he coughs up something valuable or his life.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifWell, ghouls are night owls, so I guess I can kill time thrashing Uhura before heading back to the inn for dinner and that poetry reading...

*After a solid thrashing of Uhura*

q2g14omar1.png

qfg2hero.gifEveryone gather around! You too, Shema.

q2g14omar3.png

q2omar.pngIn the month of the Serpent, in the year of the Djinn
    A shadow passed over the Katta's Tail Inn
    Astrologers foretell that doom shall come to dwell
    And Shapeir shall be but sand upon the wind.

Comes a hero from the north, riding on the very air,
    And this sign is the first to then beware,

qfg2hero.gifHey! I resemble that remark!

q2omar.pngFor Darkness soon shall fall and shadow cover all,
    The city and the ones now living there.

The first doom shall be fire, which shall burn the very stone.
    The next is air, and rocks are overthrown.
    Earth shall be the third, then the final doom is heard,
    The water gone, the city parched like bone.

Unless the one called Hero is a hero true indeed,
    Who comes to help the city in its need,
    Then will face the depths of doom in the darkness of the tomb,
    From the Elemental's Master, we are freed.

+3 Hear Omar's Poem (137/500)

qfg2hero.gifCall me crazy, but that sounded much more like a Prophecy, Part Deux than a mere poem. I'll just jot down the highlights...

To-Do:
    - PROPHECY PART 2
    -- Stop the dooms of Fire, then Air, then Earth, then Water.
    -- Face the darkness of the tomb
    -- Free the people from the Elemental's Master

- Track down that damned graffiti brigand again and beat him senseless until he coughs up something valuable or his life.
    - Find Ghoul Claws (hopefully lying around harmlessly) for cash.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifThanks for the questing road map, Omar. I'm going to hit the hay, to train for the next day.

...damn it, now I'm rhyming again!

*Night falls...*

qfg2hero.gif...but first, I should grab those Ghoul claws for Harik.

q2g15night1.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, Ghoul, come out wherever you are!

q2g16ghoul0.png

qfg2hero.gifYeesh...taste my Fiery Doom, Ghoul!

q2g16ghoul1.png
    q2g16ghoul2.png

qfg2hero.gifIt's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. And I'm the only one here! That's probably good enough for one day, let's see how we're looking!

q2g17day3end1.png

qfg2hero.gifThe training is starting to pay off quite handsomely! Now to sleep off the rest of the night for another day of training up for some prophecy fulfillment!

*The next morning...*

q2g18inn1.png

qfg2hero.gifHuh, that's odd. Who could be capable of such fiery doom? *looks up a page* ...err, besides me, of course. I mean, why would I cause a fire?

q2g19fire0.png

qfg2hero.gif<.< ... >.>

q2alichica.pngFire sale today! I sella you real wood burned by real Fire. Be the first on your block to owna this.

qfg2hero.gifThat doesn't prove anything! Anyone could've burned his stand. Even if I was the only one to threaten it...repeatedly...

Wait, Harik is a pyro! Maybe he did it. Besides, I have to give him these ghoul claws.

q2g20harik1.png

qfg2hero.gifHarik! I have some questions for you...right after you give me money for these claws...

q2g20harik2.png

qfg2hero.gifSpeaking of experiments...I hear you enjoy the use of Fire! Is that true?

q2g20harik3.png
    q2g20harik35.png

+3 Ask Harik about Fire (140/500)

q2harik.pngSee how the flame reacts to incense? Fire is attracted to the things it burns because it is very vain.

qfg2hero.gifVanity...is that why you burned down Alichica's stand?! What is that incense, anyway?

q2harik.pngThis incense is made from the finest frankincense. It should attract the flame as the moth is atracted to it.

qfg2hero.gifSo is that what you used to cause Alichica's stand to catch fire? I have no proof now, but I'll find it, soon enough!

Until I do, though, I am going to train like there's no tomorrow so I can handle anything!

q2g21uhura1.png

qfg2hero.gifHey Uhura, I think that Harik may have burned down Alichica's hut! It's all a huge conspiracy! At any rate, I didn't do it! Anything you can show me to boost my combat abilities?

q2g21uhura2.png

qfg2hero.gifGreat, now I can handle several at once! Off to grind Aziza for some magic skill. *more innuendo*

*10 Sim-Siddhi victories, and 1 loss later...*

qfg2hero.gifDamn it, the streak is over! Plus, I'm blown on mana. Oh well, it's getting late today anyway, may as well rest up for more investigation into clearing my own name tomorrow.

Points tally (starting from 128):
    +3 Give to Beggar
    +3 Locate Griffin
    +3 Hear Omar's Poem
    +3 Ask Harik about Fire
    Total: 140 points out of 500

q2g22end.png

qfg2hero.gifNow that's magic. But I still didn't burn down Alichica's hut...probably! At least knowingly enough that I wasn't able to savor it!

Next, onto the heroing!

Piotyr on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would have liked to see the death scenes for getting stabbed with the scorpion tail or getting drained to death by a ghoul..

But otherwise, you're all doing great. I'm kind of tempted to join in, but I can't think of a fourth meaningful path to take. Best I could come up with as a cowardly but polite thief who accidentally becomes a Paladin. Not sure if I could make it interesting though.

Oh, and I'm really, really looking forward to all of your wishes latter on. I would usually end up wishing for Magic, Climbing, or some other skill I don't have, but I'm sure you guys are going to come up with some great ones.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Bah, nothing says overconfidence like being killed by things that you defeated previously.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OP updated.
    gjaustin wrote: »
    I would have liked to see the death scenes for getting stabbed with the scorpion tail or getting drained to death by a ghoul..

I could do it if Piotyr doesn't want to, just as a sidebar, but he's the designated death dude (alliteration!) so if he wants ta I'm not gonna. The only deaths I am trying to show (with a couple exceptions) are the ones exclusive to the Thief.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'll get them. They'll be in the next set.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This makes me wish I actually got off my ass and got my cousin to help me finish the comic idea I had. It would be 4 of us (myself as the paladin/fighter, him as another fighter, his sister as the mage, and another of our cousins as the thief) going through the games together, each one of us taking turns being the hero.

Of course, with the mage being female, some parts of game 4 and pretty much all of 5 would have to altered for dramatic license...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My hunger for updates is insatiable. I think I check this thread almost daily, there's always some new road down memory lane. Good stuff guys.

Massena on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Massena wrote: »
    My hunger for updates is insatiable. I think I check this thread almost daily, there's always some new road down memory lane. Good stuff guys.

Thanks :) It's good to know we're not spending hours of our time doing something nobody is reading!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Piotyr wrote: »
    I'll get them. They'll be in the next set.

Excellent!

I shall rejoice in Jim Darkmagic's suffering!

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Honestly, I'm curious as to how many people are reading this thread that have never played the games.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I played the first and 4th, don't recall beating either.

Houn on