As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I have wondered that as well.

Tonight, might be the night.

Not today.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    WH being alive is suspicious, but he gave up 2 mafia. I don't think the mafia would pull a gambit like, giving up 2 mafia to solidify one person. 1 mafia maybe, but not two.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Funny thing is, Nirya, odds are you are probably mafia. :-/ So considering the fact that you were more reluctant to vote for Jab does not make me feel confident.

It's like a 60% chance that someone I am uncertain about is mafia. Yay for dice rolls

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of dreading the post-game on this one.

The mafia proboards have to be full of them just laughing at me.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well that was a fun game, well played mafia.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I could switch to matev but I don't get why JABmonkey is innocent all of a sudden.

• Options
    jabmonkey

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    It is because they want me dead!

• Options
    I don't think it matters. But... I want to see if I am right or not.

Not today.
  • Options
    Right about what?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    What is even going on in here.

• Options
    wow trying to read what happened in 4 minutes isn't helping

• Options
    You're about to win.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    how do I vote?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You Don't.

because the vote is closed.

Oh and stop assuming the game is over, you silly geese.

It's over when I tell you it's over.

• Options
    It's mindgames, lonely!

Just trying to make the mafia complacent.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    JABMonkey wrote:
    sorry, more due to my newbiness that I don't post. My hunches are always wrong. :-( oh, and not that it's important, but I'm a chick and a saxon.

It was mostly this post. That to me doesn't seem like a manipulative mafia trying to get the vote off of them but more a resigned villager revealing after it's practically too late.

Not today.
  • Options
    As someone who's made a lot of posts like that in earnest

that struck me as a bit mafiaish.

But then I'm always wrong so.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    JABMonkey wrote:
    sorry, more due to my newbiness that I don't post. My hunches are always wrong. :-( oh, and not that it's important, but I'm a chick and a saxon.

It was mostly this post. That to me doesn't seem like a manipulative mafia trying to get the vote off of them but more a resigned villager revealing after it's practically too late.
    Who needs seers?

Not us.

• Options
    WH I am grudging you if you are mafia but I am especially grudging you if you're not.

• Options
    We shall see, shan't we?

Not today.
  • Options
    Why? D:

Not today.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The band had shrunk in size the last few days. The attack on the Normans had not gone as planned, in fact nothing had gone as planned. Their leader dead, the only entertainment in the bad gone, and the one person claiming to still have some semblance of the way to victory was completely and totally bonkers. They were soft, demoralized, and terrified. It was then that a voice rose from the group. This voice, trembling and nervous but still slightly strong lent voice to what they had all been thinking. Surrender. Perhaps it was better to die of old age a serf and a slave than to never see old age at all. There were some murmurs of agreement, but one or two strong voices rose up in anger. It seemed the populist fire had not quite been extinguished just yet. Angry voices rose up and then the fingers began to point.

One after the other it was that the fingers leveled at Esma. But Esma shook her head, no no no, it was not possible! Look at them, trying to divide us, trying to make this last longer than possible! It is all Matthias’ fault! All his doing! And Esma’s tears began to be convincing, and a few people nodded, it made sense. Maybe they should go back to their simple lives. But what is this! The foolish one, the drunkard that barely speaks in understandable language hops around on foot to foot and the, the majority is decided. At sundown, Esma was to be hung for conspiracy with the Normans.

Oddly enough, the drunk was right. Esma, it turns out was not Esma at all, not even the woman she claimed to be, although she was rather lovely. But the dastardly Sir Guy of Gisbourne! And it was with renewed relish that they strung up this Norman swine to watch him dance and wonder how he got away with hiding as a woman all this time.

But as the celebration continued, and the hope was renewed, it was not to last. Ivanhoe, one of the last remaining warriors in their band was found cut down, sliced to pieces with a dozen blades, the work of Norman hands. Alas, poor Ivanhoe. We knew him well.

And it was in the dark of the woods that Will Scarlet crept, the dark of the wood that felt like mother’s embrace, so safe and close and he could feel his prey beneath him, he could taste the wine upon their blood and the cheese within their stomach. Norman swine. They all were norman swine. Little piggies come to market, and none to return to home. The time grew closer, the moment so near. He could taste the flesh marinated in the wine of France and seasoned with the spices of the great lands.

Will Scarlet pulled out his knives and leapt from the trees above to kill his target and bring them all one step closer to salvation! Only to be met with the pointy end of a pole arm in his chest. He hung there momentarily, his eyes wide and nearly pale with bloodlust and shock, and then slowly, tenderly, gently, he slid forward, ever forward, farther onto the long pole as the pressure of this body, his mind, and gravity worked to pull the sharp pointy stick through his ribcage and out his back.

His killer thrust him to the earth, and pinned him there, and Will Scarlet’s eyes closed, and he heard his killer whisper in the night, “Not quite fast enough.”

The moon rose, and the moon waited. There was still time left for freedom. There was still time left.

Can the People be victorious?

The Dead

Taya; Tayte—Will Scarlet; Vigilante; Killed by the mafia
    Baidol; Ivanhoe—Saxon; Killed by the mafia
    JABMonkey—Sir Guy of Gisbourne; Norman; Killed by the Vote

The Game Is Not Over. Keep Going

• Options
    Did.. did I get Taya killed? D:

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    !Wandering Hero

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    OOOOOOooooOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOoo
    This life is such a lie
    Now I don’t even try
    Never (I can’t think why)
    I never saw eye to eye.

Feel the sadness inside.
    I’m scarlet inside.

OOOOOOooooOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOoo

• Options
    facetious wrote:
    Did.. did I get Taya killed? D:

Wait no.

It was the mafia kill, not vig. Okay.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Obviously, because Taya was the vig. Duh. Right. Okay.

Oh fuck I'm an idiot. And it falls to me to avenge my Saxon brothers. (hears a gust of wind as though an echo of many unearthly voices moaning, "We're doomed.")

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Okay so.

At this point I basically have two groups of three I suspect as mafia, contingent entirely upon whether or not my WH hunch is right.

But

there is one person in both groups.

!Wandering Hero
    !Nirya

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    oooooOOOOoooooo

Rowena...

OOOooooOOOoooo

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Hmm... I wonder what happened to our vig kill

Not today.
  • Options
    Nirya

Not today.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Btw... even if we hit Mafia tonight, I don't think we can win now? So isn't it game over?

I.e. Seven people left, three mafia. We kill a mafia, they kill two villagers, two villagers and two mafia are left. Game over.

Edit: Unless by some stroke they only get one kill for being reduced to less than half?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also considering the fact Nirya was quick to try and jump from JABMonkey to Matev and supported the change tells me that Matev is villager.

Mafia?
    Nirya
    Cythraul
    KingMole

DON'T KNOW
    Void Slayer

Villager?
    Wandering Hero
    Facetious
    Matev

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm gonna stick with my suspicion on Nirya that I've had all game. Sorry if I'm wrong!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Actually you know what? I think KingMole is far more likely to be mafia at this point, but I also don't wanna split the vote.

Thoughts?

Steam
  • Options
    Why do you think KingMole is more likely than Nirya?

Not today.
  • Options
    Meh, no real good reason honestly. Nirya has made an attempt at deflecting attention while KingMole has just kinda popped his head in to vote and nothing else really.

Probably both mafia.

Steam
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    This is because I work nights and sleep days. So I only get time to pop in and make one or two posts a day.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Can we vote both out? Just kidding, just kidding.

I'll go with Nirya though I like Cythraul still for a mafia.

On the other hand with 7 players left, 3 probably mafia, we could try to tie the vote on two mafia with the assumption the mafia can only control 3 votes. Okay that's just stream of consciousness, and I am low on sleep, never mind.