As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    You should try to tie the vote. I'll just make sure it doesn't happen.

Besides, the game is over anyway even if you do vote me out.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Kind of figured that. Though I also assumed the moderator would call the game if so.

Not today.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I think he wants us to play it out in case someone forgets to vote and it somehow ties. Honestly you might as well vote yourselves out at this point (although you've been doing a good job of that up to this point)

Wandering Hero, save me the trouble of vigging you.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Wait.. is Nirya admitting to being mafia?

Did..

DID I ACTUALLY GET ONE RIGHT?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Or did he?

Fuck it I'm exhausted from work.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Yes he is

Not today.
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    KingMole seems like a better choice then wandering hero if your actually part of the village Nirya.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    I take offense to that :(

Also Nirya before I forget to vote.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Looks like no vote tying tonight, though matev has yet to vote.

nirya - 4 - facetious; wandering hero; cythraul; king mole
    wandering hero - 1 - nirya
    kingmole - 1 - void slayer

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Trusting WH...

!Nirya
    !Cythraul

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Void Slayer

Not today.
  • Options
    KingMole

Not today.
  • Options

Not today.
  • Options
    Facetious

Not today.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote close. sorry about that, I'll get to narration soon. Promise.

Oh and game might not be over yet.

• Options
    In an epic end of game move, one of the village votes for the wrong guy in their shenanigans. The other tries quickly to fix the mistake and is too slow.

Cythraul and KingMole enjoy their fruity alcoholic drinks.

Good game, mafia. :(

Not today.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oh shit.

To be fair you were the one who gave me the wrong name in the first place. :P

:(:(:(

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There is really not all that much left to say. The Merry men are not so merry, but they are determined. Those left behind had been through a hell that they had, admittedly, brought upon themselves. But they were strong, hardened, and sure to be positive that they were going to see this through to the bitter end.

And bitter it will be. Two more dead Saxons were found early in the evening, Andhun and Matthias were together out in the small watering hole, they had been trying to get themselves washed clean of the filthy tasks they had been given this week, disposing of the masses of dead bodies. After days of being covered in blood and grime and gore, they could neither of them take it any longer and had plunged into the chilly water, shaded by trees.

Of course there was the random nervousness of being naked around one another, but that ended fairly quickly. Round about the same time as arrows fell from the sky above and pierced Andhun’s body until he looked like a pincushion. Matthias rushed over, or tried to but his legs were caught in the trap so carefully left beneath the surface of the water by the dastardly Normans, and as he flailed and struggled to get free, his throat was slashed from behind by none other than his new friend, Eorl.

Bad for Matthias. But in the end, even worse for Eorl. As Matthias’s screaming and shouting and splashing had brought the Merry Men running to his rescue, and they all could have sworn that they saw the death dealt out. Some felt as though they weren’t sure, but in the end, it was decided. Eorl was not to be trusted. With a careful movement and a deeply concerned and confused look upon his face, the executioner of the group stepped forward and slit the head clean off of Eorl’s body.

Shortly after, as they were going through the remains of Eorl’s belongings, did they find out the horrible truth. This once trusted companion had indeed been Trigger, The most trusted of the Sheriff’s thugs and assassins. No wonder it had taken so long. The small group gathered again around the campfire. Somebody was going to have to dispose of the bodies eventually.

But tonight, they were all lost in their own thoughts. When would this madness stop? Was there any victory left to be had? What was left to fight for? And who to share it with? But each of those remaining grew a grim, determined look upon their face and they all looked the other in the eye. One of them, it was silently decided, one of them was the last of the Sheriff’s band. One of them was the key to the future of England, and her people. This was going to be the most important decision of all of their lives.

The Dead

Nirya; Eorl—Trigger; Killed by the Vote
    Matev; Matthias—Saxon killed by the Mafia
    Wandering Hero; Andhun—Saxon; Killed by the Mafia

The Game Is Not Over!!!!

• Options
    I know... I take the blame. I thought I had made it clear after that.

Not today.
  • Options
    WHAT IN THE FUCK.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    !KingMole

Oh god I was so chill tonight thinking it was almost impossible we'd survive another night.

Now I'm freaking out knowing I have all this responsbility again like I was last night.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    KingMole. If I'm right again, then woooooooo!!!

If not, well, hell lol. It's been one hell of a game!

And I'm sorry but the "I work nights" thing isn't much of an excuse for not posting, there are 24 hours in a day no matter when you work and we all find time to post :P

So I'm sticking with KingMole, based on purely lame reasons but hey, I've been right about Nirya all game, I feel like I'm getting the hang of this! :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And I'm sorry but the "I work nights" thing isn't much of an excuse for not posting, there are 24 hours in a day no matter when you work and we all find time to post

I said I only post when I get off work and when I get up. I did not say I never post in 24 hours.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Facetious's voted on me first day 7 and last to leave leads me to believe he is not a Norman, and WH said he was trusting cythraul, so since I do not trust my own reasoning much I'll go with kingmole.

I'm still up for listening to last minute reasoning though kingmole if you can analyze the recent votes better.

• Options
    REVEAL TIME

I am a Saxon miller, hurray I got the motherfucking best role. Wherein if I die or am seered, I appear as a dirty Norman anyway.

I stayed the fuck away from any village networks because if there is a miller, then there is a thrall. And I believe it is/was Wandering Hero. The same day he got contacted by Locus was the same day Locus died. He could give up all but one mafia and lead the village around by its nose after that. Why he got killed though, I have no idea.

My money is on either Cythraul or Facetious being the last mafia. Cythraul for his "based on purely lame reasons" and Facetious for the attempted shenanigan with WH. And I think Facetious was just being Facetious there.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Hmm so WH was a thrall who sacrificed his own mafia members.

Wait, he could have hit me or matev instead of jabmonkey very effectively and no one would have blinked (just thought he was incompetent). Sorry if you are but it is way to late to claim a miller if we have been dancing to a thrall for 4 days.

Now it is either WH was a thrall and cythraul is a mafia or your a lying Norman.

I was expecting some kind of better vote analysis then i could do... this is just confusing me further!

I'll go with whatever facetious decides.

• Options
    And you would've believed me then? And not an "established network head?"

The more mafia he led you to, the more trust you put in him.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    But he could have killed me off without anyone batting an eye after my madness.

With 8-3 me dying would have made it 5-3, 3-2, 1-1 assuming the remaining villagers stopped believing WH and found a mafia each day. And it would have been unlikely anyone would have assumed Wandering Hero was malicious about voting me out, I was suspicious as hell.

The more I think the less I believable you, but again it is facetious's call I'll go with his reasoning.

• Options
    Look, I want the village to win this game as much as you do Void. But if the village fucks up and kills me tonight, the mafia wins.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    WH gave up several mafia members.

Kinda better than any of -our- track records.

Also, Taya could have simply vigged someone else. Why give up the con now when they could have simply, you know, won?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OooooooOOOooo

Dammit, this is what going to con to promote a game gets me!

OoooooOooooOOOooooo

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I'll go with whatever facetious decides.

Oh god don't even. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure it has to be KingMole. But I've been wrong at pretty much every step of the way, so.

Although, if there is a miller/thrall, that might explain why the mafia was so quick at killing Jayson Todd. But I'm pretty sure that they would have killed him immediately anyway.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    More devil's advocate because again, I want any and all information out in the open: as should be obvious, WH and I were trying to coordinate a last-minute vote switch last night. It's technically possible he was trying to get me to help him throw the vote off of an actual mafia onto a villager and win the game. But his reaction to it, both in the thread and in PM, feel pretty "unguarded villager" to me.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Cythraul wrote:
    Also, Taya could have simply vigged someone else. Why give up the con now when they could have simply, you know, won?

Wait, this is confusing me. What does Taya have to do with WH being mafia or not?

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Well, its our loss.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    And by Jayson Todd I meant JaysonFour.

Too many fuckin' Ja(y)sons.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeee

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    So tense.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Gimme about.... 15 minutes? And I'll have the final narration up.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    It was over. The day had been a long day. Well ok, it only seemed long. There had been nothing really happening except the remaining members of this band staring at one another, the dying embers of the large pyre between them. Piled upon the smoldering fire were the bones and fleshy remains of all those that had died for this cause and this night.

And now, it was just them. Four of them. Their eyes met, the moment was tense and then, slowly, Sithric raised his finger and pointed at Eochaid. Slowly, Cythraul, and Saebbi followed suit. Eochaid sputtered and shook his head, his protests growing louder than anything else he said for the rest of the entire campaign.

But his voice betrayed him, that slow drawl, the lack of the Lords pronouns, and the inability to rhyme anything to something gave him away. And as Eochaid shook his head, the wig fell to the ground, showing the dark brown hair and curls common to the dirty Normans.

Without his companions, without a safe passage back to France, or even to London, he knew that his time was over. He tried, though, he raised his bow and took aim at Saebbi, but the arrow rolled off to the side and landed at his feet as Sithric landed the final blow to the head of Nutsy. As his body was laid onto the pyre, atop that of so many many dead, the flames leapt higher and the Saxon men looked around them.

No more friends, but no more enemies. No king, no Prince, no Sheriff. They were their own men. They could make up their own minds, and their own futures. There would be drama in London, men and princes and lords and ladies scrambling for the throne and control. But if this uprising could cause so much trouble, perhaps the Normans would look kinder upon their Saxon brethren in the future.

Cythraul, Sithric, and Saebbi stood and looked at one another, smiled, and then nodded their heads, leaving the Wood in shambles and disgusting. It was time to plant their crops. Harvest doesn’t wait for anybody.
    The Dead
    KingMole; Eochaid—Nutsy; Norman; Killed by the Vote
    Village Victory!!!

The Victorious

Void Slayer; Saebbi—Saxon
    Facetious; Sithric—Saxon
    Cythraul; Cythraul--Saxon

lonelyahava on