As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    oh god I buy too much stuff
    bingow.jpg
    I already have a live sub so I counted that and I bought uncharted 1 and 2 back when they first came out so I counted the double pack as well. If these were in slightly different orders I would have totally had bingo, perhaps multiple :\

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Wow, I only have 3 things on that bingo. 4 if you count the free space :(.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    figgy -- are they fine now? they show fine for me but wanted to make sure [besides sideways]

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    Rehost those elsewhere to fix that. I recommend Photobucket.com.

Imageshack is garbage, now. They make you register an account in order to get a direct link, and even then they make you go through as many steps as possible to get the link so as to bombard you with as many ads/popups as they possibly can in the process. Garbage site.

It's what I used. :(

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:

me too :(

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Alright secret santee. Prepare yourself

Presents Are Coming

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:

Assuming I can count Dark Souls for the 360 and not just the PS3, I have a whopping 2 of those. And the other one of them is the socks.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yay, just got a notice that my gift will be getting shipped out earlier than previously expected.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Bingo Card. Almost, but not quite.
    bingo.jpg

the green question marks are things I have on the Amazon wishlist I gave to my family and girlfriend. I counted MW3 even though I bought it for my dad for Christmas because I play about half of the games in hot seat co-op with him when he gets stuck. I gave him CoD1 for Christmas one year, then bought him CoD2 the Christmas after it came out, and so on. I guess giving him the newest CoD game has become an Christmas tradition.

I also think that we're the only people who play the single player and ignore the multiplayer. In fact, I used to think the single player was the big draw of the game/no one even played the multiplayer, so I was completely baffled when someone told me that they bought CoD3 just for the multiplayer. This is pretty funny to look back on.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    For that bingo card... All I could mark off is "Socks." XD;

More Christmas Music~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6yQgBvuoI

• Options
    Did Evil Badman actually ever get a PS3? Or were all the games his gag gift?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

yeah wait there was never any closure on that plot point. Maybe he left it hanging to set up a sequel or film trilogy.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    He grabbed one on Black Friday. At least, he says he did!

edit: and for bingo, you can count other systems if something is multiplatform -- I just picked random versions of games. you can also replace MS points or Live time with PSN funds or PS+.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Santa, there will be a delay on opening it until much later tonight, so by the time you wake up tomorrow, you will see a gift get video!

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2011

Yes. At 2:30 in the morning I checked out of Best Buy with the LBP2/Ratchet and Clank All4One bundle (and Uncharted 3, like I said in the post). Prior to that I logged like 12 hours in the Old Republic beta.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    @Mighty there should be another gift at your parents' house waiting for you, buddy!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Hey Santee, your parcels are going to be posted in the morning! I'm going to see if there's any chance of fast tracking them to you, I'm hoping there will be :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to drop in to say thanks to my radd-ass santa who has been continuously sending me shit non-stop. Just when I think it's over, BAM, fucking crazy awesome ocarina and song book show up!! It's been constant song of storms at my house now for days!

Pics coming soon!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I own one thing on that Bingo card.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I made this for someone who initially refused to take the Humble Indie Bundle 4 steam keys I bought for them, saying that I got them something else instead.

http://i.imgur.com/i4Q9E.gif

I was frustrated because the bundle contained several games they were interested in. But everything is fine now.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    All I have are Dark Souls and Witcher 2.

And socks I suppose.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    All I have are Dark Souls and Witcher 2.

And socks I suppose.
    Hey. Your other present should be there tomorrow. Look for it!

• Options
    For anyone in the united states fretting over last minute shipping:
    https://www.usps.com/holiday/welcome.htm

omrds.png

Looks like next Wednesday is the Christmas shipping deadline.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Since we're in the season of giving MAGFest (link in sig, thread here) has decided to give 10 FREE TICKETS to MAGFest to the first 10 confirmed received Santa packages. Get to stalking and sending so that you can see Nobuo Uematsu and his band perform live this January next to Washington D.C.. If you wish to claim your ticket, just PM me. If interest in this is high enough, Santa may be persuaded to give out more than 10.

I've had a few takers for these, but still got a couple left. Let me know if you're game, cause I've GOT THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got a lot of stuff on that bingo card, but not bingo.

Anyway, just got to chapter 12 in Uncharted 3. Which scene was supposed to be the best in the trilogy? There were a few conversations in that chapter.

edit:
    The stuff with the main three, Nate/Sully/Elena was great because it got the old gang back together again. But in this game, there usually isn't much of people just talking.

Or was it the scene where Marlowe talks about how Sully didn't save Nate's life, but in fact doomed him to it?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Gift Get!

But I ravenously opened it and spent too long reading part of it, so pictures with cats soon

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet.gif
    PART THREE!
    (part one)
    (part two)
    In the mail today, a new challenger appears!

ArXXR.png

Well, I always open strange parcels with tons of stamps! Let's do it!

yWqds.png

Awwwww yeah some Evangelion and Wan Pees! Santa, how did you know that I'd been harboring guilt for all my illegally obtained Once Piece? Now you've started me on the path to redemption! Also the art on the slip cover is actually really high quality. I might cut it out and use it for something else. :D
    The internet tells me that this Evangelion is a re-mastering of the original series that's being released at 4 movies, this being the first. I've always been interested in this series but never took the plunge, so now's the time! I'll probably have to pick up the other movies, too! Luckily 3 and 4 don't come out until next year.

Looks like this is my 3rd and final gift; Eddie, you've outdone yourself. You've given me more Christmas joy than any man could ask for.
    <3<3<3

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Secret Santa is the best! Basically this and PAX are the two biggest things I look forward to every year, but this thread never disappoints!

Also, got my painting done. Now, I'm no LPM, but I do enjoy crafting something for my Santee each year, and I'm liking how this is looking. Hopefully the big package will be getting hauled off to the other side of the country Friday. Provided, of course, that the final piece arrives tomorrow as promised...

Edit: from UPS -
    Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
    Thursday, 12/15/2011, By End of Day
    Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
    Monday, 12/19/2011, By End of Day

Hopefully UPS is an honest fella, so Christmas joy can be had as soon as possible!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've got a lot of stuff on that bingo card, but not bingo.

Anyway, just got to chapter 12 in Uncharted 3. Which scene was supposed to be the best in the trilogy? There were a few conversations in that chapter.

edit:
    The stuff with the main three, Nate/Sully/Elena was great because it got the old gang back together again. But in this game, there usually isn't much of people just talking.

Or was it the scene where Marlowe talks about how Sully didn't save Nate's life, but in fact doomed him to it?

Yep, the Nate/Marlowe one was what I meant. It's just so peaceful and introspective amidst all the chaos before and after it. That, and the voice acting and animation during the scene were some of the best I've ever seen in a video game.
    I also loved the idea that it was Sully dooming Nate to this life, when throughout the series it's often been implied that Nate drags Sully around and that Sully will always be willing to follow Nate. The change of perspective was eye opening.

It also reminds me a bit of that scene in the second game where you're slowly walking through the little mountain village, past people going about their business, kids playing soccer, just taking it in.

Naughty Dog knows how to handle the quiet scenes better than most.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    A package arrives! The cat guards it from intruders.
    1z5lm52.jpg
    Good job cat! But now the package must be opened... first up is... A letter!
    photo2qzk.jpg
    @shadowane was my Santa! I had a weird feeling, as vague as it was, that he was my Santa. He posted the other day that "If you were west of where he was, expect a package," and I saw he was from Philadelphia, and I am from St. Louis... there's no reason it would go anywhere else, right?

The first gift is...
    15p343o.jpg
    YES!! These are both of my favorite types of cookies! I didn't even specify this and you knocked it right out of the park!

Second gift...
    c3qeu.jpg
    Vamp! I LOVE Vamp. This was a perfect choice. Nice job on digging through the Wiki to pick out someone, this was research that paid off! This will be going onto my work desk tomorrow with my other action figures. :)

Third gift is...
    sxf7g6.jpg
    Kingdom Come! I've been wanting to get into a lot more graphic novels, and this has been on my wish list for a while. My friend keeps raving about it, he loves it and says it's the de-facto alternate universe graphic novel for super heroes. So excited to get into this.

Last but not least...
    10gag7d.jpg
    Fables! I have never heard of this, but this looks amazing. I love the concept - childhood characters from stories, living in real life New York in disguises, such as Little Red Riding Hood. I love Sandman, and Vertigo did this, so I'm totally on board.

The whole haul...
    photo2ds.jpg

Thanks SO much @shadowane! You did an absolutely fantastic job! I love when I get recommendation gifts - they're a lot more memorable. I'm thinking of starting Kingdom Come first, since Fables is an ongoing story. They'll have to contend with Game Of Thrones for reading time, of course. :)

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Secret Santa is the best! Basically this and PAX are the two biggest things I look forward to every year, but this thread never disappoints! Also, got my painting done. Now, I'm no LPM, but I do enjoy crafting something for my Santee each year, and I'm liking how this is looking.
    Tosh, utter tosh. I love my World of Goo - no-one other than my children has ever painted something for me until last year!

And Santee, your gifts are about to wing their way across the pond!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Fables is the best (and my favourite) ongoing comic currently in production and there are a LOT of issues, you will enjoy it immensely.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Man, I really shouldn't have my gift's tracking number, as I'm checking it obsessively. As of earlier this morning, it was in a sorting facility in my city, so hopefully that means I'll get it today or tomorrow!

And I'm really starting to worry about my Santee. He should have gotten his presents a long time ago, and he hasn't posted in this thread yet. I reached out to the proxy elf and never heard back. And it probably doesn't mean anything, but I don't think my santees' santee has posted anything....

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif
    1z5lm52.jpg
    photo2qzk.jpg
    @shadowane was my Santa! I had a weird feeling, as vague as it was, that he was my Santa. He posted the other day that "If you were west of where he was, expect a package," and I saw he was from Philadelphia, and I am from St. Louis... there's no reason it would go anywhere else, right?

The first gift is...
    15p343o.jpg
    YES!! These are both of my favorite types of cookies! I didn't even specify this and you knocked it right out of the park!

Second gift...
    c3qeu.jpg
    Vamp! I LOVE Vamp. This was a perfect choice. Nice job on digging through the Wiki to pick out someone, this was research that paid off! This will be going onto my work desk tomorrow with my other action figures. :)

Third gift is...
    sxf7g6.jpg
    Kingdom Come! I've been wanting to get into a lot more graphic novels, and this has been on my wish list for a while. My friend keeps raving about it, he loves it and says it's the de-facto alternate universe graphic novel for super heroes. So excited to get into this.

Last but not least...
    10gag7d.jpg
    Fables! I have never heard of this, but this looks amazing. I love the concept - childhood characters from stories, living in real life New York in disguises, such as Little Red Riding Hood. I love Sandman, and Vertigo did this, so I'm totally on board.

The whole haul...
    photo2ds.jpg

Thanks SO much @shadowane! You did an absolutely fantastic job! I love when I get recommendation gifts - they're a lot more memorable. I'm thinking of starting Kingdom Come first, since Fables is an ongoing story. They'll have to contend with Game Of Thrones for reading time, of course. :)

Glad you liked it all! I wasn't sure about Vamp as the wiki was ridiculously bizarre, but Metal Gear Solid is weird too so I figured whatever. Oh and the cookies were actually Oatmeal Honey Chocolate Chip (the only sugar in them is honey) which is why they are more like shortbread almost than normal oatmeal cookies. I still thought they were pretty great when I first made them.

• Options
    shadowane wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    1z5lm52.jpg
    photo2qzk.jpg

The first gift is...
    15p343o.jpg

Second gift...
    c3qeu.jpg

Third gift is...
    sxf7g6.jpg

Last but not least...
    10gag7d.jpg

The whole haul...
    photo2ds.jpg

Glad you liked it all! I wasn't sure about Vamp as the wiki was ridiculously bizarre, but Metal Gear Solid is weird too so I figured whatever. Oh and the cookies were actually Oatmeal Honey Chocolate Chip (the only sugar in them is honey) which is why they are more like shortbread almost than normal oatmeal cookies. I still thought they were pretty great when I first made them.

My girlfriend and I finished off one of the bags. They're so good dude.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    1z5lm52.jpg
    photo2qzk.jpg

The first gift is...
    15p343o.jpg

Second gift...
    c3qeu.jpg

Third gift is...
    sxf7g6.jpg

Last but not least...
    10gag7d.jpg

The whole haul...
    photo2ds.jpg

My girlfriend and I finished off one of the bags. They're so good dude.
    Glad to hear it. It's a really easy recipe too.

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

A package appears! No animals were available at the time I opened it ( my 3 dogs were being fed ).

photosfy.jpg

Filthy?! All I could picture was my Santa's real life Homer avatar... staring me in the face....

reallifehomer.png

WOOT!

photo2ity.jpg

My confession is this is the first Lego Star Wars piece... ever. So thank you very much for this!

photo3sb.jpg

Man this is going to take a while. I have off all next week, so it will be built during that time!

Thank you for the Lego gift! It is totally going on my desk.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That's awesome! I got the X-Wing for Christmas last year from my wife, and I love it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGOfFbzvq4

If a stand-alone version of Angels With Filthier Souls exists, I can't find it on youtube.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGOfFbzvq4

If a stand-alone version of Angels With Filthier Souls exists, I can't find it on youtube.

It is a parody made for Home Alone. The original is Angels with Dirty Faces.

I love Home Alone though.