As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Whoa, he has a beer kit too.

Are you asking because of the FOX water bottle?

Yes.
    Er... No, that was just a water bottle. I don't know why I have it, but it's in the "give to the ex next time she comes by" pile.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Damnit. I can't seem to upload the pictures (god deployed internet is horrible), if anyone is able to help me out and PM me an e-mail address I can send pictures to, and then you can PM me links to the file location.
    It'd be so much appreciated!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote:
    Damnit. I can't seem to upload the pictures (god deployed internet is horrible), if anyone is able to help me out and PM me an e-mail address I can send pictures to, and then you can PM me links to the file location.
    It'd be so much appreciated!

Done and done.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Whoa, he has a beer kit too.

Are you asking because of the FOX water bottle?

Yes.

Eh. I've got a bunch of stuff from companies I don't work for.

Have we seen who Khoo's Secret Santa is this year?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    GiftGet.gif
    While I'm not currently at home, I should be eventually. I wanted to make a gift get to ensure my santa isn't considered a horrible Grinch!
    So this is also going to be x-mas photo times:
    Ho ho ho!
    JwAus.jpg
    aUuEq.jpg
    TUoMv.jpg

A wild package appears!
    And a little one is very serious about protecting it until my return (even going as far as putting on her war Rainbow dash hat!):
    hYQtjh.jpg
    Such ferocity!

I've been told that I've got another box coming as well. Can't wait to make another gift get post!

Radiation on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Haha.. that last picture is amazing. And is that Cutethulhu hanging out at your base?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, a friend made me a copy of it to take on my TDY's. Shamelessly stolen from D&D.
    I have posted pictures there in the cutethulu thread, and I have a few more X-mas pictures, but I'll have to figure out hosting issues.

Radiation on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I did not notice that it was a Dash hat. She's at least 20% more adorable now.

Hope you get home soon!

• Options
    Yeah, I just got that for her from Etsy since we've been watching the show so much.
    Next I obviously need to get her a turtle!
    And Merry New Year everyone!

• Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ftBpq.gif
    A box arrived in the mail not too long ago. I decided to check with the horses to see what they thought.

Rebel seems wary.
    91bZC.jpg
    Durango seems curious.
    iKS8D.jpg
    Jeronimo seems hungry!
    Oj3OH.jpg
    I think I have their approval - on with the opening!
    EURtZ.jpg
    A cute card! It is important to my Santa that my unboxing process is fun, so they (she?) says. I'm having fun already!
    9SWlk.jpg
    Holy hell, that is a lot of stuff! Wow!
    eQPP0.jpg
    E0sAx.jpg
    I opened up one of the packages to find some numbered ziplock baggies. I found some instructions in one ...
    GFNtK.jpg
    Well, that was easy, no sweat!
    EKleG.jpg
    I'll be finished with this in noOH MY GOD! I don't even know what I'm building yet! Time to get to work ...
    mQwPG.jpg
    After many sleepless nights, I finally finished the mystery contraption ...a Lego rubber band gun! That is semi-auto, wtf There was also a book with instructions to build a bunch more!
    rh6Ep.jpg
    I also found this little guy in the box; he seems like a nice fellow.
    aYt5N.jpg
    Oh no, 84 assembly steps in a foreign language ...another challange!
    jkh6j.jpg
    ...success!
    L1cUm.jpg
    No way - a bunch of pens that write really fine. I asked around here looking for suggestions but wasn't satisfied with the models I had tried ...these, however, suit my needs wonderfully! That's so awesome!
    zxWke.jpg
    The entire haul:
    TzFtB.jpg

Santa, thank you so much for all of the effort you put into my gift. I say this with the utmost sincerity: it was incredibly moving to have a complete stranger do something so nice for me; I don't even know who you are. I was smiling through the entire unboxing process and I'll never forget it. You really made my Christmas special, and I truly mean that. Thank you.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    A semi-automatic lego gun? Are you able to take a video of you using it because I scarcely believe it's even a thing! Amazing!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Happy New Year to you all!

Going by the OP, yesterday was the deadline for shipping a gift. So, at some point this week, any giftless people need to start shooting PMs to our wonderful coordinator.

If you have received a gift, but have not posted any pictures, then do so! You ridiculous grinch.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    Santee I hope you gots the gifts I sent....lets me knows!

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I would like to point out that packages sent overseas (or between US/Canada which seem to often take longer for some reason) can sometimes take a couple of weeks to arrive, so even gifts that were sent on the deadline may not arrive this week.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    That's so true - I paid for express for 3 of my parcels to th US, they should have arrived in 3 days but still took over a week, and the one I didn't pay express for arrived before one of the express parcels did. I'm not worried about my Santa.
    I am worried about Prince Caspian though - watching Narnia!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So uh, call me crazy, but I enjoyed the Dead Like Me movie. Grown-up Reggie was awesome.

So, thanks for that. :^:

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Ghost Trick is so sweet. I've been playing it every day since I got it and love it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    Why do we not coordinate people living in countries together? Canadians with Canadians, Europeans, etc.

Wouldn't it simplify things for shipping, taxes, importing, etc.? I'd hate for some Santee to get shorted gifts because it costs $50 to ship overseas.

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Because it would segregate and separate. At Christmas we are all one big family and that is how it must stay.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I agree with @Jam Warrior, I love getting someone from far away. Yes, postage adds to the cost, but I get to send English chocolate to you poor Americans who only have rubbish chocolate!

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hillean wrote:
    Why do we not coordinate people living in countries together? Canadians with Canadians, Europeans, etc.

Wouldn't it simplify things for shipping, taxes, importing, etc.? I'd hate for some Santee to get shorted gifts because it costs $50 to ship overseas.

That would probably mean that Peewi and I would have to gift each other every year, since we are the only Danes. Unless jakobagger joins too :P

EDIT: And yeah, sending local candy to Americans is pretty fun. Which reminds me..... Did you try the Super Piratos yet
    @Cloudeagle ? :P

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    Yeah I much prefer sending gifts overseas, it's not a huge hassle as long as you're organised. I don't want to report a deadbeat, send me a proxy message Santa!

steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Nothing's going to happen just yet. But a preliminary list of people that remain giftless would be nice.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    How many people are usually slack? The gift wall says 24 people haven't got anything yet, which seems a little more than I expected.

• Options
    In the end, I think there were only two last year.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    So uh, call me crazy, but I enjoyed the Dead Like Me movie. Grown-up Reggie was awesome.

So, thanks for that. :^:

Like I said before, that's probably the only part that is good in that movie, the emotional stuff with Reggie and George. Not the stuff about boys or whatever, but the other stuff.

That they put Rube on a ghost bus, and have everyone repeat the "We're reapers, we can do what we want" plot they already did on the show, and then get rid of the main antagonist Looney Toons style....it just didn't work for me. Movies based on shows rarely do.

Also new Daisy sucked.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    How many people are usually slack? The gift wall says 24 people haven't got anything yet, which seems a little more than I expected.

Wow that's way more than I recall in previous Secret Santas. Hopefully there're many gifts currently on their way otherwise the Easter Bunny program is gonna be flat-out this year

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I agree with @Jam Warrior, I love getting someone from far away. Yes, postage adds to the cost, but I get to send English chocolate to you poor Americans who only have rubbish chocolate!

My first SS on PA 3 years ago I was introduced to chocolate eggs with small toys inside of them. So I agree with this statement. Already looking forward to next year. It'll be here again before we know it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Offday, I took this photo on New Year's Eve just for you.
    018b2d51.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I know my santee got the stuff I sent as he said so in the thread. Just no Gift Get post yet. But again, its probably down to a vacation or some such.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    So, I am one of the guys who has not shipped my gift to my Santee, due to a number of family crises. I will be shipping rain or shine, pending the reopening of post offices, tomorrow. Planning on a proxy to deliver this message to my Santee.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Santa sent me a proxy message last week saying the gift is underway. It's on a journey from central US, so probably just waiting for the mailmen. They done goofed if it doesn't arrive this week. Curious whether I'm getting Pokérelated goodies again this year. :)

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Same, I got a proxy a week or two back from my Santa who got hosed by the Great Best Buy Cancellation of 2011

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Offday, I took this photo on New Year's Eve just for you.
    018b2d51.jpg

Ha. YES!

I'm glad you used the calendar. As a Simpsons fan did you actually learn anything from it? Or did you already know all of it?

• Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I have been proxy'd that a gift is on the way!
    And in the meantime, Santa has stuffed the Humble Bundle #4 into my virtual stocking.
    So, Thank You, Mystery Santa. I knew you existed. :D
    GiftGet4b.gif
    (Part One)
    giftget.gif

humble-get.jpg

Dawasaurus on
  • Options
    I've bought all of the indie bundles so far and 4 is by far the best.

VVVVVV, Jamestown, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Crayon Physics...Seriously they are all so good.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Crayon Physics and Cogs are excellent games!
    I also accept I'm a bit biased, cos Terry Cavanagh is lovely, as are the Team Meat blokes!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    VVVVVV is one of my favorite games. I bought the stand-alone version on release day for $15 and it was worth every cent. :D And Jamestown is one of my contenders for GOTY2011 even though I don't usually care for the majority of shmups.

I'd say to play Bit.Trip Runner ASAP, but I'm biased because I contributed a piece of graffiti for the city levels. :P (Sadly, I will never see it outside of youtube videos because the game is brutal. You'll run out of nasty things to yell at it so soon that you'll need to invent some new swears.)

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    GiftGet.gif

My santa had promised me a second parcel was on it's way and it hath arrived!
    As a reminder my first parcel contained the back to the future trilogy on Blu and the Arkham City guide so I really was stoked with parcel one and wasn't expecting to be spoilt with parcel 2.....boy was I wrong!
    Here is the parcel:
    20111215203544.jpg
    My dad said I'd look a tool by covering my address and the senders address with money but it's what I had to hand!
    And the inside:
    20111215203639.jpg
    So let's have a look then....
    20111215203726.jpg
    Wow - my fave American chocolate bar - to put this into perspective every Christmas I venture to a small, local American deli and pay approx $25 for a 13 can pack of mug root beer and then 3 or 4 full size baby ruths at approx $5 a piece - so this was an awesome start!
    oooooooh - comics.....
    20111215203909.jpg
    Nothing needs saying about the bat however the other one does seem interesting and I am looking forward to putting the kids to bed and reading this!
    One present left - which upon opening I have called the mother load!
    20111215203838.jpg
    Holy shit! The fucking SQUEEEEE I made when I opened this made the windows shake!
    I am a massive MGS fan and this literally made my Christmas! I am so pleased with this and literally have it opened up on a shelf and grin every time I walk past!

Thanks Santa - this really was very generous of you and I am so stoked to get these gifts!

iMatt on
  • Options
    That is a pretty classy action figure. :P

soempty.jpg