As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    iMatt wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

My santa had promised me a second parcel was on it's way and it hath arrived!
    As a reminder my first parcel contained the back to the future trilogy on Blu and the Arkham City guide so I really was stoked with parcel one and wasn't expecting to be spoilt with parcel 2.....boy was I wrong!
    Here is the parcel:
    20111215203544.jpg
    My dad said I'd look a tool by covering my address and the senders address with money but it's what I had to hand!
    And the inside:
    20111215203639.jpg
    So let's have a look then....
    20111215203726.jpg
    Wow - my fave American chocolate bar - to put this into perspective every Christmas I venture to a small, local American deli and pay approx $25 for a 13 can pack of mug root beer and then 3 or 4 full size baby ruths at approx $5 a piece - so this was an awesome start!
    oooooooh - comics.....
    20111215203909.jpg
    Nothing needs saying about the bat however the other one does seem interesting and I am looking forward to putting the kids to bed and reading this!
    One present left - which upon opening I have called the mother load!
    20111215203838.jpg
    Holy shit! The fucking SQUEEEEE I made when I opened this made the windows shake!
    I am a massive MGS fan and this literally made my Christmas! I am so pleased with this and literally have it opened up on a shelf and grin every time I walk past!

Thanks Santa - this really was very generous of you and I am so stoked to get these gifts!

Awesome! It got there! Did it just get there today because I shipped it nearly a month ago.

Glad you like everything.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    anoffday wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Offday, I took this photo on New Year's Eve just for you.
    Ha. YES!

I'm glad you used the calendar. As a Simpsons fan did you actually learn anything from it? Or did you already know all of it?
    The majority of trivia was from modern seasons, which I do not care for. I did like the "Classic Moments" days which were basically stills from classic episodes.

I actually get an off-the-wall calendar from my parents every Christmas. It's a tradition that dates back 17 years ago when my parents got me the Far Side ones. In fact, I have eight copies of the final year of the Far Side off-the-wall calendar (only technically the final, as he did a comeback special one year for charity). So, for 2011, I had twice the calendarage!

I have still not beat VVVVVV, which shames me to this day.

EDIT: I have no idea how long that little elf will last, but we'll see.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    ELVES ARE FOREVER!!!

Like diamonds, but happier. :mrgreen:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I still dont know who my Santa was, but I started Enslaved yesterday.

Holy shit Santa - THANK YOU.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Gifted by the super awesome santa - SteveMarks44

I apologize Santa for not posting earlier, I just returned back to my apartment today after being gone for 2 weeks.

Anyways, AWESOME JOB! I've been wanting Skylanders, but between Skyrim, Skyward Sword and SWTOR, I didn't have time for it yet.

Therefore, you actually managed to buy a game that I both wanted and didn't own (a rarity).

Also received, Skylander character Voodood and a sweet million dollar chocolate bar.
    kApcv.jpg

edit: no idea why the picture is blowing up like that, stupid iphone.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Because it would segregate and separate. At Christmas we are all one big family and that is how it must stay.
    While I completely agree, maybe it could be an option like when we are asked if we would mind being an Easter Bunny in the preliminary info. You know like "Are you open to gifting overseas?"
    Bursar wrote:
    Whoa, he has a beer kit too.

Are you asking because of the FOX water bottle?

Yes.
    Er... No, that was just a water bottle. I don't know why I have it, but it's in the "give to the ex next time she comes by" pile.
    I asked because I used to get crap like that all the time when I worked for FOX.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    @Death Cab For Albie Here's a shrunk down version: http://i.imgur.com/kApcv.jpg

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote:

You're welcome!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    anoffday wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Offday, I took this photo on New Year's Eve just for you.
    Ha. YES!

I'm glad you used the calendar. As a Simpsons fan did you actually learn anything from it? Or did you already know all of it?
    The majority of trivia was from modern seasons, which I do not care for. I did like the "Classic Moments" days which were basically stills from classic episodes.

I actually get an off-the-wall calendar from my parents every Christmas. It's a tradition that dates back 17 years ago when my parents got me the Far Side ones. In fact, I have eight copies of the final year of the Far Side off-the-wall calendar (only technically the final, as he did a comeback special one year for charity). So, for 2011, I had twice the calendarage!

I have still not beat VVVVVV, which shames me to this day.

EDIT: I have no idea how long that little elf will last, but we'll see.

Well let him rest, and let him know we expect to see him again in a few months.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    He's slowly shrinking. It's pretty cold right now, so he'll probably won't shrink all the way until the end of the week. Which coincides with the end of my holiday break.

How fitting!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Schide wrote:
    iMatt wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

My santa had promised me a second parcel was on it's way and it hath arrived!
    As a reminder my first parcel contained the back to the future trilogy on Blu and the Arkham City guide so I really was stoked with parcel one and wasn't expecting to be spoilt with parcel 2.....boy was I wrong!
    Here is the parcel:
    20111215203544.jpg
    My dad said I'd look a tool by covering my address and the senders address with money but it's what I had to hand!
    And the inside:
    20111215203639.jpg
    So let's have a look then....
    20111215203726.jpg
    Wow - my fave American chocolate bar - to put this into perspective every Christmas I venture to a small, local American deli and pay approx $25 for a 13 can pack of mug root beer and then 3 or 4 full size baby ruths at approx $5 a piece - so this was an awesome start!
    oooooooh - comics.....
    20111215203909.jpg
    Nothing needs saying about the bat however the other one does seem interesting and I am looking forward to putting the kids to bed and reading this!
    One present left - which upon opening I have called the mother load!
    20111215203838.jpg
    Holy shit! The fucking SQUEEEEE I made when I opened this made the windows shake!
    I am a massive MGS fan and this literally made my Christmas! I am so pleased with this and literally have it opened up on a shelf and grin every time I walk past!

Thanks Santa - this really was very generous of you and I am so stoked to get these gifts!

Awesome! It got there! Did it just get there today because I shipped it nearly a month ago.

Glad you like everything.

It arrived about 10 days ago but we've been visiting family so I only got round to making the post yesterday!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ah. Well then it technically got there by Christmas I think.

Good enough!

• Options
    mxmarks wrote:

You're welcome!

AHHHH FINALLY! Sorry if you revealed yourself earlier, Ive been sporadic on the forums lately, and never was able to figure it out. You made my holiday season - the books are great, and I cant get over how much I love Enslaved right now. It just took about 4 other games ahead of it in my backlog take a back seat. Thanks so much for making my holidays even brighter.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote:
    mxmarks wrote:

You're welcome!

AHHHH FINALLY! Sorry if you revealed yourself earlier, Ive been sporadic on the forums lately, and never was able to figure it out. You made my holiday season - the books are great, and I cant get over how much I love Enslaved right now. It just took about 4 other games ahead of it in my backlog take a back seat. Thanks so much for making my holidays even brighter.

Aw, shucks! I'm really glad you liked it! I have no idea when I was going to otherwise reveal my identity. You and I actually had a lot of interaction in the heyday of the Alan Wake thread, so I was glad to get a Santee with such great taste in games.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah I totally "know" who you are. Its very cool.

That Dale Cooper Autobiography?! You're the best.

• Options
    Have you started it yet? You have to let me know how it is, I almost kept it for myself.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    I staretd it but stopped because I want to really dive into it and I was preoccupied at the time. It seems very, very cool though. Selfishly glad you didnt keep it :)

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Just got in from back East but major gift get! I'll post in the morning.

also, Death Cab, glad you liked!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Secret Santa points of order:

1) Pemulis has thrown the whole system back on its head by gifting me Blood Bowl via Steam. Massive thanks!

2) @shadowane , Having seen you get Fables for your Santee @SkyTurnsRed , I thought it looked exactly like the kind of thing my wife and I would like and was desperately looking for one more present for her at the time. She's yet to read it but I have and I love it and am confident she will too. Thanks for introducing us to a new series! I can see the full collection trickling into our lives via future gift giving occasions.

3) @ArcSyn , Link has joined the collection.

1480f4a5.jpg

(Repainting the delightful orange walls left to us by the previous house owners is high on the New Year's resolution list.)

Yay! So awesome, and is the whole room orange or just that one wall?

I just caught up on the thread, I've been so busy for the past week and a half I've hardly been online at all.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    I know at least one of the people in the wall just didn't post pictures -- I did get confirmation they got what I sent, however. So that would bring it down to 23 or whatever =)

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Secret Santa points of order:
    2) @shadowane , Having seen you get Fables for your Santee @SkyTurnsRed , I thought it looked exactly like the kind of thing my wife and I would like and was desperately looking for one more present for her at the time. She's yet to read it but I have and I love it and am confident she will too. Thanks for introducing us to a new series! I can see the full collection trickling into our lives via future gift giving occasions.
    @Jam Warrior Hah, glad to hear it. I love the series and while it starts meandering a little, it takes a while to get to that point. It's just a well written, well drawn series that is really interesting.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Ok my gift just arrived! Will post pics tonight! Thanks count of midget fisto!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I don't know when the gift wall was last updated, but my Santee was Handkor, and I can verify he has received gifts. They were just never all put into one post.
    *just wants to be sure that's out there*

Otherwise, belated Happy New Year, peoples! <3

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    FYI, Rook: I'm starting The Hammer now!

It would have been sooner, but I got REAMDE for Christmas, and, well... you know.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa:
    Another parcel has arrived.
    This time a box! The offspring continues to guard over it. She will have help tomorrow, as she's having a birthday sleep over!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Well my head's finally cleared from New Years. Santa you are creating some level of suspense, let me tell you.
    I haven't heard a thing :-/

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing... I haven't seen if my santee got the gift I sent or not, and I haven't really heard hide or hair of anything from anyone as far as G&T is concerned.

However...

Santee, more than likely I'll be coming into some cash before the end of the month, and if the gift doesn't show before I get that money, I'll send along another box full of stuff to make up for your wait.

I'm also throwing my name in the ring for Easter Bunneh-ing, if someone else is needed. Being skunked isn't something anyone should go through.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I feel a bit Sonic - esque; arms folded, foot tapping, slightly frowning ...

Mind you, I also feel like that about the pigging USB drum kit that still hasn't arrived, and my new PC. Perhaps I should just be more patient!

I've even googled to find out if Horatio and Natalia did die in CSI, cos we're a series behind in the UK!

Woooo! Just checked my PC tracking, it should be here by 6th!!!!! Can't wait :)

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Best part about Secret Santa 2011: I learned the word 'pigging'.

Going back to the blue "New Post" indicators is a bit jarring.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    so now that i'm back to the internets, and slowly catching up on all these forums, how many deadbeats did we have this year?

Also, glad my santa enjoyed his gift. and same with icemopper.

finally good to get caught up in the world of stuff that i've been missing

• Options
    @AaronKI: I have lots more words like that:
    Twerp; wazzock; cods wallop to name just a few!

• Options
    LewieP's Mummy getting deadbeat is so unacceptable.

So WRONG

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    that's lame :(

also i still haven't figured out antithesis' puzzle. but i've also not had much time to work on it :(

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    deveric wrote:
    that's lame :(

also i still haven't figured out antithesis' puzzle. but i've also not had much time to work on it :(

To be fair, the puzzle did consist of incredibly vague hints, and a picture of balls/landscape.

• Options
    I sent my stuff! I havent seen a received notice yet, but its paid for and sent!

Once it crossed national borders my tracking info switched to "In country of destination", a couple days ago...so fingers crossed for my Santee!

(It was not LewieP's Mom, for the record)

• Options
    You people are sooo sweet! I'm really not worried, the best bit for me is stalking (oh, PA G&T you have a lot to answer for!) and then waiting in suspense to see what my Santee makes of their gift! I'm sure there's a really good reason why I don't have anything yet, and I am really much more bothered about the pigging USB drum kit!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

Woooooooo something came in the mail today!
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7159/6637551677_86fc006a37.jpg

6637551661_3159a27916_z.jpg
    Zelda Manga, Scott PIlgram BR, mustache bandages and RPM collectable art piece!
    The RPM piece opened:
    6637600347_ea3da75bd1_m.jpg

And a TON of mini's! So awesome!
    6637551587_0f1ba7a22d_b.jpg

One's unpainted, looks like its from Reaper, if you chose it it was a good choice! I am going to have a blast painting it!

I....I swear to god I dust every day. I hate my life.

Thanks Nessticle!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    PHEW. The joy of a proxy has assured me that I didn't get a deadbeat! Tally-ho-ho-ho!

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    Excellent news PoultryGeist! And lovely gifts DiannaoChong!

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    LewieP's Mummy, I know your Santa but I haven't been able to get in touch with him since Christmas, so I don't really know what's going on. However, I drawed you a pictures to apologize for my dumb friend who is a jerk.

gottagofast.gif