As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FILM [CHAT] thread

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    As often happens to me when I get severely demotivated/defocused I have begun to contemplate returns to various MMOGs. Someone talk me out of it.

Edit: Oof TOTP. Why. Here: have an alternately heartbreaking/warming penguin.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    You should get stuff done and be a good example for me :P

Alternatively, I've been playing a lot of Dragon Nest. Its a cutish korean free to play mmo-lite (think guild wars style zoning). In proper korean mmo style its a little grindy, but the combat is so much fun I'm having trouble caring.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    squidbunny wrote:
    As often happens to me when I get severely demotivated/defocused I have begun to contemplate returns to various MMOGs. Someone talk me out of it.

Play lots of video games. It will give the rest of us a chance to catch up to your artistic level.

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Stop tempting meeeee! I have homework from here on to infinity minus infinity plus 2 years!

Why do they call it homework? You're not working on your home...

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I need to record a portion of my screen, like, taking a video of something. What's a good program?

NibCrom wrote:
    squidbunny wrote:

Play lots of video games. It will give the rest of us a chance to catch up to your artistic level.

Why are you being so nice to me lately. I am beginning to suspect some kind of trap.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    I need to record a portion of my screen, like, taking a video of something. What's a good program?

xsplit is fantastic for this.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    cakemikz wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:

This looks to be for livestreaming/broadcasting..?? I just want to record and save some stuff going on on my screen as an .avi without watermarks and without paying.

• What I like about this especially is that they included all the little throwaway quick sketches that would be useful to him when preparing for more final work or figuring out ideas/concepts, but when taken by themselves as drawings, are actually kinda shitty. It's easy to look through art books on artists and come away with the impression that everything that came out of their hand was gold, because you never see the foundation of thousands of pages of garbage drawings they had to go through to be able to pull off those famous masterworks that get all the press. It's encouraging to see some of these sketches from back when he was 13-14, and see that his work was really not all that much better than when I-or most people in general, really- was that age.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Augh. This week was insane and busy and stressful at work...but today was great! I got a LOT of work done, and tied up all the loose ends from earlier this week. Yay! :D

squidbunny wrote:
    NibCrom wrote:
    squidbunny wrote:

Why are you being so nice to me lately. I am beginning to suspect some kind of trap.

Hmmm... have I been? My apologies. I'll start being a real turd. :P

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of Star Wars TOR and it's alright. At first I was like "WOW THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER."

And then I was like "Wow, fuck Imperial Agents."

And now it's just like "I wonder what's on Netflix."

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    NibCrom wrote:
    squidbunny wrote:
    NibCrom wrote:
    squidbunny wrote:

Well... that's just what a guy does to weave the lady into his trap :P

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I forget I'm a misanthrope and go out to try to meet people. Oops.

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Don't do it, the human species cannot be trusted.

I CAN BE TRUSTED

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Right up until someone trusts you.

• The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular

What I like about this especially is that they included all the little throwaway quick sketches that would be useful to him when preparing for more final work or figuring out ideas/concepts, but when taken by themselves as drawings, are actually kinda shitty. It's easy to look through art books on artists and come away with the impression that everything that came out of their hand was gold, because you never see the foundation of thousands of pages of garbage drawings they had to go through to be able to pull off those famous masterworks that get all the press. It's encouraging to see some of these sketches from back when he was 13-14, and see that his work was really not all that much better than when I-or most people in general, really- was that age.

Yeah, that's true. It's often easy to forget about all the predatory work even the greats must've done in order to make their masterworks. I think it's safe to assume that pretty much none of the art before 18th century had been done "in one go".
    Forgetting the process of a work you admire can get pretty demotivating. It's great to see some of these scribbles, or even the portraits that were done in only a few lines Like this one.

Plus it's nice that they added various scans so you can see different versions of the same drawing. The zoom level is excellent on most of them too!

• Yeah, that's true. It's often easy to forget about all the predatory work even the greats must've done in order to make their masterworks.

I'd love to see what your art classes were like, if they placed heavy emphasis on predatory work.
    predatorydrawing.jpg

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's true. It's often easy to forget about all the predatory work even the greats must've done in order to make their masterworks.

I'd love to see what your art classes were like, if they placed heavy emphasis on predatory work.
    predatorydrawing.jpg

pffwahahaha

this definitely makes up for the birdplane

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of Star Wars TOR and it's alright. At first I was like "WOW THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER."

And then I was like "Wow, fuck Imperial Agents."

And now it's just like "I wonder what's on Netflix."

You just summed up every MMO experience ever.

On another note, working the zombie shift at work is super rad.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Wow, Bacon. Just wow.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's true. It's often easy to forget about all the predatory work even the greats must've done in order to make their masterworks.

predatorydrawing.jpg

Haha I saw this very same joke on another website just yesterday.

NSFW?

edited January 2012
    NibCrom wrote:
    squidbunny wrote:

Apology accepted. Let's look at these doggies, particularly #2 and #5.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Kochikens wrote:
    cakemikz wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:

This looks to be for livestreaming/broadcasting..?? I just want to record and save some stuff going on on my screen as an .avi without watermarks and without paying.
    Hmmm... I'm fairly sure there's no watermarks with camstudio, maybe not what you're looking for but worth a shot.

m3nace on
    squidbunny wrote:
    look at these doggies, particularly #2 and #5

haha.

Here's a picture of my cat as a Koopa Troopa.

nibcrom_koopatroopa.jpg

That looks like the comfiest cat bed ever

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Cat pod.

It's a cat bed in a cat bed

catbedception

I don't see how your cat could get in or out of that bed.

• no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    Napp you clearly haven't seen enough cat videos. Cats fit into anything they want to get into.

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Cats are very meowlleable.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

edited January 2012
    no_toast wrote:
    Napp you clearly haven't seen enough cat videos. Cats fit into anything they want to get into.

but that cat appears to be the exact size of the cavity the two beds make.

(i.e. that cat is fat)

edit: although... watching more cat videos as... "research" is never a bad thing.

speaking of fat cats:

PICT1603-1.jpg

Nappuccino on

Nappuccino wrote:
    I don't see how your cat could get in or out of that bed.

She gets in and out of either bed pretty easily. But she also fills them up completely.

I finally stop putting it off and I made my webpage. I just need to figure out this whole javascript gallery thing before I can start pestering you guys to go look at it.

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Was it discussed earlier who's all going to PAXEast? I saw 3-day passes are out but I'm considering buying a pass for Saturday and maybe could split a hotel room with 1 or more AC-ers. Then the other days maybe include something else? Dunno.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    edited January 2012
    Go to my thread!

There is a hot girl there and she's waiting for you.

MagicToaster on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Love the front page and the photos so far, only suggestion would be to parse down on the "Who's Hector?" section...there's just too much to read!! I think you could be just fine without the entire second and third sections.

Also, under "Workin' It," it should be "freelance work," or just "freelance" and not "free lanced work." Just a little English error there I think.
    I would also suggest changing "...that ranges from garage bands to small business and even large corporations," to "...that ranges from garage bands and small businesses to large corporations." By changing it to "from x and y to z" you are lumping "x and y" together as small fry stuff, to "z" or big time business. It just increases the contrast between the two.

Also make sure it is "businesses" and not just "business" if it is plural.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
This discussion has been closed.