Options

The Jante [Chat]

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I think the best wine I have tasted was a Pinotage but I think those are generally a bit more.. bitter. No probably some other word but it was a long time since I had one I don't have the vocabulary for wine.

I tend to dislike more sour wines, or sour things in general.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    also Portuguese is for cool people

i need to learn that next

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's like every fucking time I make plans the God of Wind and Rain tries to fuck with me. YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME! I WILL CONQUER THEE, OH MIGHTY STORM. I SHALL WALK THROUGH THE GALE UNSCATHED!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just fucking have beer.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind brushing up on my Irish but because I was good at it in school (I was a fucking boss at rotary learning), I'd be dumped into a super advanced course that would be discussing poetry and prose and shit.

• Options
    I could have like 10 Sam Adams for the cost of one bottle of wine and I'd probably enjoy it more.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Field museum.

I shouldn't have let myself get so excited about her.

<-- what a fucking tool

Man, it's just one girl. Better now than 6 months from now. You should still go to the museum. Give the spare to some random person, have a good time, take pictures, look for people to talk to, since just being there is an automatic shared interest.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    ffff

fuckin Israel

Did something new happen? I'm not seeing anything.

But am worried.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Last night I was working on 3D programming and the tutorial was all:

"XNA renders triangles that are drawn clockwise, so if they're counter-clockwise they will be culled and not drawn."

I was like....okay. I kinda get it, but not really. Like, it makes sense as a concept, but when I'm looking at the co-ordinates of vertices I was all O_o

And then when I was setting up the vertices on my cube and figuring out what indices I was going to use (Because a cube has 6 sides with two triangles per side, so 12 triangles, which means 36 vertices, but that's inefficient because a cube only has 8 vertices itself. So indices allow you to reuse vertices thereby reducing the load on the gpu) the clockwise/counter-clockwise thing made sudden sense. Like a light bulb in my head turning on.

And so my cube renders properly. :P Tonight Imma learn texturing and then start setting up mouse control so I can move around the cubes and inspect the NEXT stage, which is generating an asteroid from cubes.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I think I have inherited a fair deal of my parents' linguistic talents

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I think I have inherited a fair deal of my parents' linguistic talents

Can I add :winky: to that?

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    were your parents spies

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    ffff

fuckin Israel

But am worried.

Not new per se, but I did just see confirmation of the rumors from earlier today

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Merlot is pretty smooth, right? I generally don't like red wine but I feel it would be uncouth to order white tonight as I'm having steak.

it would be very very uncouth.

order what the waiter suggests

a wine that goes well with the food you're having will taste good

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    were your parents spies

Because there's a dead drop in my pants

Wait

uh

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind brushing up on my Irish but because I was good at it in school (I was a fucking boss at rotary learning), I'd be dumped into a super advanced course that would be discussing poetry and prose and shit.

I was staying with an Irish speaker this last weekend who is trying to figure out ways of keeping up the language while in NZ. Happily it seems that there are a couple of language/cultural associations in NZ and one just down the road from his house, which hopefully bodes well

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    man this new cereal is way way too dry

its like they expect me to add water or something

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    were your parents spies

not to my knowledge

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    also Portuguese is for cool people

i need to learn that next

the most beautiful song I've ever heard was in a hostel in europe.

two groups had bumped into each other a little earlier in the main area -- one was portuguese and one was from eastern europe. It so turned out that one person in each group both played guitar and had access to an acoustic guitar.

So the then-girlfriend and I sat with them at a little table and drank Bombay Sapphire straight while they played songs together. At one point, they started playing Bob Marley's "redemption song," except a very striking Portuguese woman with them began singing another song to the same melody, in Portuguese. She had dark, curly hair and piercing eyes and a sad voice with a kind of distance it. I really can't summarize what it was which made the moment so memorable.

best song, one of the best nights of my life

• Options
    It's like every fucking time I make plans the God of Wind and Rain tries to fuck with me. YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME! I WILL CONQUER THEE, OH MIGHTY STORM. I SHALL WALK THROUGH THE GALE UNSCATHED!

... have you considered a career in heavy metal lyrics?

• Options
    were your parents spies

not to my knowledge

so they might have been really, really good spies then

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    watching the pacific again

snafu's great

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

"XNA renders triangles that are drawn clockwise, so if they're counter-clockwise they will be culled and not drawn."

I was like....okay. I kinda get it, but not really. Like, it makes sense as a concept, but when I'm looking at the co-ordinates of vertices I was all O_o

And then when I was setting up the vertices on my cube and figuring out what indices I was going to use (Because a cube has 6 sides with two triangles per side, so 12 triangles, which means 36 vertices, but that's inefficient because a cube only has 8 vertices itself. So indices allow you to reuse vertices thereby reducing the load on the gpu) the clockwise/counter-clockwise thing made sudden sense. Like a light bulb in my head turning on.

And so my cube renders properly. :P Tonight Imma learn texturing and then start setting up mouse control so I can move around the cubes and inspect the NEXT stage, which is generating an asteroid from cubes.

That's pretty neat, kinda reminds me of when I was learning OpenGL, don't think it did any of the sweet vertice reduction for you though. My current XNA project is just 2d with sprites.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    were your parents spies

was your face a butt?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Just out of curiosity and ignorance, why are you using XNA? What advantages does it have over like SDL and OpenGL

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Merlot is pretty smooth, right? I generally don't like red wine but I feel it would be uncouth to order white tonight as I'm having steak.

it would be very very uncouth.

order what the waiter suggests

a wine that goes well with the food you're having will taste good

well, order whatever you like but white and steak are a bad combo

either ask the waiter, which makes you look easy going and personable

or just get a cab sauv or a malbec and look self-possessed and confident

see, you can't lose!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hey chat, how is it going?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Svend is a goddamned machine.

The Log Press? He just kind of causially picked it up and put it over his head the way I would pick up my iphone. It's just bizarre.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Malbec is the best red with steak imo

I missed this post

EM right now you and I are looking across a crowded room in spirit

I'm just making eye contact and giving you a single upward nod as if to say, "Indeed, bro."

• Options
  • Options

Is this a free tutorial? Can you link me to it? I need to get back into this.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    ffff

fuckin Israel

But am worried.

Not new per se, but I did just see confirmation of the rumors from earlier today

Ah, fuck.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    How do you tell if something is drawn clockwise. The vertice where you start?

• Options
    desc wrote: »

I missed this post

I'm just making eye contact and giving you a single upward nod as if to say, "Indeed, bro."

he licks his lips and closes his eyes softly, whispering across the room "i want you."

EM nods across the room and whispers back "indeed, bro."

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    Svend is a goddamned machine.

The Log Press? He just kind of causially picked it up and put it over his head the way I would pick up my iphone. It's just bizarre.

Hahah shit.

p.s. good to see you guys yesterday

Drez on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Why do you want to press logs.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

I missed this post

he licks his lips and closes his eyes softly, whispering across the room "i want you."

EM nods across the room and whispers back "indeed, bro."

wait none of this was in the version of the script my agent approved

• Options
    I'm taking an OpenGL class at the moment. All of the lectures involve him teaching us about maths and physics, and all the tutorials involve the demonstrators being frustrated because we have no idea how to code what we're being expected to code. It's awful.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Why do you want to press logs.

Because they aren't gonna press themselves.

This discussion has been closed.