As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prometheus - Probably an Alien prequel, unless it isn't (it totally is)

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    I think the only thing I'm worried about is losing some of the mystery of the space jockey. Like, if they try to explain too much about what its species is, and what connection they have to humanity. It's good for a ficitional world to have intentional 'gray areas', elements that are never fully resolved and thus make it more authentic. But I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I bet that Space Jockey was the John Hammond of his people, and the eggs on board the ship were the raptors of his theme park. If he hadn't crashed, some other member of his species would be all, "You bred raptors xenos?!"

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Clearly, he spared no expense.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited for Fassbender. Gimme.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    I bet that Space Jockey was the John Hammond of his people, and the eggs on board the ship were the raptors of his theme park. If he hadn't crashed, some other member of his species would be all, "You bred raptors xenos?!"

"Let me show you."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Belated trailer thoughts:

I never thought I would love a one minute long movie trailer

I especially never thought a one minute long movie trailer would sell me on seeing a movie. Day one.

Then I saw the Prometheus trailer. Holy shit.

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    every movie trailer is now all

BOOOONG BOOOOONG BOOOONG

thanks inception

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote:

BOOOONG BOOOOONG BOOOONG

thanks inception

I thought this too, but im pretty sure the music is from Alien? Or a homage to it?

• Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote:

BOOOONG BOOOOONG BOOOONG

thanks inception

More like, the iconic Alien teaser paved the way for trailers to be all BOOONG BOOOONG BOOONG, and now Prometheus is paying homage to it.

PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So Guy Pearce's role in Prometheus has been revealed
    He'll be playing the young entrepreneur who owns the ship, Peter Weyland

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    NOT AN ALIEN PREQUEL MY ASS

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Scott is claiming that's the only connection

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    This looks like it could be pretty boss, prequel or no.

But if there's no Sigourney Weaver cameo, I will be kind of disappointed.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Hot damn! It is funny how they are trying to kill the link between Aliens and this movie yet even if you ignore the new news that Weyland is the owner of the Prometheus, you can't ignore the couple of scenes in the trailer that give it away. First is that there is a space jockey. What is a space jockey? Well one can be found briefly in the first movie in the ship that the crew of the Nostromo found on LV-426 and was the source of the distress call that led the crew of the Nostromo to their encounter with the Xenomorphs.

Here is the space jockey in Aliens:
    SpaceJockey.jpg

And here is the one in the trailer:
    AR6f7.png

Also the rows of what looks kinda like cylinders reminds me a lot of the eggs that the face huggers came out of, only inorganic.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Whoops, I'm way to tired to be posting this early at night, I missed the first couple of posts about the space jockey room.

• Options
    I saw Ghost Rider in 3D last week and there was this 10 year old kid who wouldn't shut up about every 3D trailer looking so cool

We got the Prometheus trailer and he loudly proclaimed his standard response to his mother

I really wanted to turn to him and tell him to go watch Alien and Aliens and then come back and tell me how much they fucked his world up

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Two weeks later, you get a letter in the mail, addressed to "That Ass From The Theater."

Contained within is an invoice from a local child psychologist.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Well worth the price

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So are there going to be aliens or what.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I bet some Predators show up.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Probably gonna be Pandorum with a bigger budget.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, this could be good. No Russel Crowe, no wine, old man Scott talking about digital effects being not so good, clunky space suits.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Went to see The Grey, and they showed this trailer straight after the one for The Devil Inside.

Prometheus sent more shivers down my spine than anything else while I giggled at the latter.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So Guy Pearce's role in Prometheus has been revealed
    He'll be playing the young entrepreneur who owns the ship, Peter Weyland

Well damn!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Went to see The Grey, and they showed this trailer straight after the one for The Devil Inside.

Prometheus sent more shivers down my spine than anything else while I giggled at the latter.

The Prometheus trailer is so good

I think it's the music that makes it. That DUUUUMMM *scream!* DUUUUMM *scream!* combo just works

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    Now when you put it like that...

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    re: the CGI discussion

ridley scott already made blade runner aka the best looking movie ever made ever so

that doesn't really have much to do with the CGI discussion actually, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that blade runner is the best movie ever

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    re: the CGI discussion

ridley scott already made blade runner aka the best looking movie ever made ever so

that doesn't really have much to do with the CGI discussion actually, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that blade runner is the best movie ever

Best looking ain't best.

It's pretty as they come, but man. Deckard is a straight up chump.

Someone wants to call it a good movie, fine. Great, I'll nod.

Best, in a world with Casablanca, the Godfather, and Die Hard (oh, and Aliens, can't forget that.)?

Yeah. Ain't happening.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    chiasaur

you are in the minority on this, duder.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    And chiasaur goes straight onto the 'worst' list

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    chiasaur

Minority for saying, as a movie, Casablanca is better than Blade Runner?

Fine.

I acknowledge it may be the prettiest movie ever. I'm not saying it's bad apart from that. I saw the Final Cut on a big screen and it was a great night.

But I will go to my grave saying Deckard, unlike other Harrison Ford characters I could name, is straight up chumpsville.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Casablanca is better than Blade Runner

So is The Princess Bride

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Casablanca is better than Blade Runner

So is The Princess Bride

High five, Ghost.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    aint no best movie guys

aint even no best looking movie

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i dunno about this ted trailer

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Pearce is laying it on a little thick but maybe that's supposed to just be how his character is

sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    chiasaur

Minority for saying, as a movie, Casablanca is better than Blade Runner?

Fine.

I acknowledge it may be the prettiest movie ever. I'm not saying it's bad apart from that. I saw the Final Cut on a big screen and it was a great night.

But I will go to my grave saying Deckard, unlike other Harrison Ford characters I could name, is straight up chumpsville.

Deckard spends the entire movie drunk off his ass

He has nothing to prove to you