Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah it's cool. but yeah if you aren't sure just spoiler it.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    Again, sorry. I rarely post here, and coming from another forum where people were able to make hints about the ending without talking about the details in particular, I should have known better.

Quick question, though. Read the post on the previous page (wasn't a big deal, IMO), but gotta ask:
    You can still play on and talk to your party and such after the ending, right? Kinda like ME2's ending? If you don't know, that's fine. But I just would like a simple Yes/No answer.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    Again, sorry. I rarely post here, and coming from another forum where people were able to make hints about the ending without talking about the details in particular, I should have known better.

Quick question, though. Read the post on the previous page (wasn't a big deal, IMO), but gotta ask:
    You can still play on and talk to your party and such after the ending, right? Kinda like ME2's ending? If you don't know, that's fine. But I just would like a simple Yes/No answer.
    No.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    also, approximately what percentage of the nerdrage will be THIS DOESN'T FIT WITH MY PERSONAL THEORY-CANON

This is probably the major reason people are pissed.

If that's the case I'm not worried.

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Know what, I'm gonna bounce.

See you dudes next weekend.

Razia on
    blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I'm honestly pretty surprised that spoiler averse people didn't leave much sooner. This kind of shit happens all the time, you had to expect it.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah. As someone who experienced with pre-release threads.

The closer you get to release the higher the chance there will be spoilers. Even if people don't mean to they will probably inadvertently do it.

So if you want to go on a blackout for the next few days I think that would be smart.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DubiousAtBestDubiousAtBest Registered User regular
    Also, not trying to be a goose, but an announcement of your exit is unnecessary.

• Options
    Plus there are shades of spoilering. Some people don't mind having a little bit of context or a vague line, and some people want to go into it completely blind. Like the line between people who don't mind watching promotional non spoiler videos, and the people who won't even watch the launch trailer.

People will let things slip that work for the first category, but will infuriate the second.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    Regarding the ME3 endings:

SPOILERS
    I can't say I'm a big fan of the endings. I don't think they're rageworthy, but I can see why people might find them underwhelming.

There's a couple things that bug me or I think could've been different. I'll go into more detail on that once the game is out and I've experienced them myself.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Which bonus powers are good for a vanguard for me2 insanity? Just finished a hardcore run through. Reave was nice but there were a few tight spots where I felt fortification might be useful but I've seen some recommend the inferno grenade.

My plan is this:
    - Do the intro missions
    - Get Kasumi and the Locust as soon as possible.
    - Use the Eviscerator until I pickup the Claymore.

Squad mate choices are probably Mordin (Incinerate), Kasumi and Miranda (Warp/Overload) but I'm not sure how effective Kasumi will be on insanity other than a distraction. She was really useful early on but later enemies didn't seem to bother with her much even after stabbing them in the ass. I want to get this run done quickly as possible so any tips would be appreciated. Mechs and husks where a particular pain in the arse.

• Options
    danx wrote: »
    Which bonus powers are good for a vanguard for me2 insanity? Just finished a hardcore run through. Reave was nice but there were a few tight spots where I felt fortification might be useful but I've seen some recommend the inferno grenade.

My plan is this:
    - Do the intro missions

Squad mate choices are probably Mordin (Incinerate), Kasumi and Miranda (Warp/Overload) but I'm not sure how effective Kasumi will be on insanity other than a distraction. She was really useful early on but later enemies didn't seem to bother with her much even after stabbing them in the ass. I want to get this run done quickly as possible so any tips would be appreciated. Mechs and husks where a particular pain in the arse.

Don't waste your bonus power on any of the armor moves.

They have a very long cooldown(something no one...especially a vanguard wants) and they don't last long.

As for the best bonus powers for a Vanguard.

Reave
    Stasis(if you have it)
    Maybe Energy Drain(but you've got charge for recovering barriers and your shotgun to take down shields)

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    ME3 ending spoilers, big ones
    from what i understand, virtually all endings have reapers and reaper tech going offline/blowing up, including the relay network

which i personally view as a kickass thing, because what bothered me about the reapers was less about the reaping and more about the 'you exist because we allow it, your species develops along our pre-defined plans' bit. fuck that noise, it's time to forge a new galactic destiny. :D

99.9999% of the hate for the endings comes from the fact that people don't understand that the relays going offline isn't the end of the world

it just means travel in the galaxy takes star trek/star wars time instead of DAMN NEAR INSTANTLY. civilization is hardly boned, and in fact i'm fucking excited to see how all the races progress in however many years it is from ME3 to ME4. thousands? dunno, but if all of our progress has been guided to this point, i want to see some fucking crazy shit in the future. FREEDOM!

also, the reapers don't have a monopoly on goddamn physics. the relays worked on universal principles and laws, and i'm sure the salarians will have built their own network - actually, fuck that, they've probably analyzed the physics behind it and made a new type of FTL drive

also, the fact that the endings GREATLY mimic babylon 5's makes me happy in my pants

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

My plan is this:
    - Do the intro missions

I'm kind of a Barrier fan my self since it stacks up so well with the rest of the Vanguard's Shenanigans and doesn't pooch your cooldowns up too badly. It's also a solid panic button.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Why barrier when you could just charge again?

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Finished ME2 tonight, right on schedule. Unbelievable experience. Thanks for encouraging me to get through it by next week, guys. I can't wait to import my Paragon Engineer and tear up some Reapers with my shiny new abilities in ME3. I'm a bit nervous about seeing Ashley, though, having romanced Miranda... and on a related note, I didn't know that (final ME2 boss spoiler)
    Miranda doesn't quit Cerberus if she isn't with you for the final scene with TIM. Hopefully, that won't affect anything adversely in ME3 for me. I'm hoping that Bioware just says, regardless, that Miranda ended up leaving Cerberus or something. Because I was so happy to shove it in TIM's face after I played the Project Overlord DLC and changed my position on Cerberus entirely, and I don't want Miranda to still be working with TIM in ME3. If she is... damn. Going to have to see what Ashley's up to. Oops!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The best part of being a ME2 engineer going into ME3 is that in ME3 that class is even more hilariously overpowered.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    from what i understand, virtually all endings have reapers and reaper tech going offline/blowing up, including the relay network

which i personally view as a kickass thing, because what bothered me about the reapers was less about the reaping and more about the 'you exist because we allow it, your species develops along our pre-defined plans' bit. fuck that noise, it's time to forge a new galactic destiny. :D

99.9999% of the hate for the endings comes from the fact that people don't understand that the relays going offline isn't the end of the world

it just means travel in the galaxy takes star trek/star wars time instead of DAMN NEAR INSTANTLY. civilization is hardly boned, and in fact i'm fucking excited to see how all the races progress in however many years it is from ME3 to ME4. thousands? dunno, but if all of our progress has been guided to this point, i want to see some fucking crazy shit in the future. FREEDOM!

also, the reapers don't have a monopoly on goddamn physics. the relays worked on universal principles and laws, and i'm sure the salarians will have built their own network - actually, fuck that, they've probably analyzed the physics behind it and made a new type of FTL drive

also, the fact that the endings GREATLY mimic babylon 5's makes me happy in my pants
    This is also what I like. I'd be really interested to see how a galaxy forms in maybe a few hundred years of relative isolation. People might form nations not on racial lines, but based on geographical ones since everyone could reasonably be jumbled up after the war. It gives them a blank slate to work with in the second game and removes the compounding effects of choice in the game, since Shepard can just be a myth or legend, and the exact specifics don't have to matter since all of the ending options are similar enough.

I also really like it whenever you leave a setting and get to view it a long time after the fact. That's always really interesting and fun to see.

• Options
    Yeah. Engineer is pretty much the new Sentinel.

Heck...just slap Reave on them and there you go.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

My plan is this:
    - Do the intro missions

Don't waste your bonus power on any of the armor moves.

They have a very long cooldown(something no one...especially a vanguard wants) and they don't last long.

As for the best bonus powers for a Vanguard.

Reave
    Stasis(if you have it)
    Maybe Energy Drain(but you've got charge for recovering barriers and your shotgun to take down shields)

Ah I didn't realise the cd on the armor was so long, thanks. Might give Stasis a whirl this time around then and if it's not working out respec into Reave. Reave wasn't awful, I just died a lot. Which is probably because I was being terrible.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

ME3 ending spoilers incoming
    I actually think the majority of the negative reaction is coming from the fate of the Normandy.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Stasis is a nice panic button for dealing with tough enemies like YMIRs and Scions. It can help break up pairs and make your life a lot easier.

Engineer in the middle of a group? Stasis his ass, pick off a few of the outliers, THEN charge in.

etc.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I actually think the majority of the negative reaction is coming from the fate of the Normandy.
    Big ME3 Spoilers:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the main thing I don't like. That and that EDI and the Geth die as a result of your choice in every ending except one.

I don't necessarily like the relays being destroyed as they were a big symbol of the ME universe to me. But when I look at it from say, Legion's perspective, I get it.

I think the endings could've been better accompanied by an epilogue showing the long-term effects of Shepard's action at the end.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

ME3 ending spoilers incoming

ME3 ending spoilers
    thing is, that's fanfic territory by DEFAULT. just because bioware doesn't tell you everything isn't a bad thing, it's just leaving it open for people to imagine what happens.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    There's an option to switch classes during the import process in ME3 right? I don't have a save with all the DLC's done so I'm just going to download one from me2saves

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Let me ask you all this: as someone who is perfectly fine with unhappy or bittersweet endings as long as they are consistent with the work, will I enjoy the ending of Mass Effect the Third?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    There's an option to switch classes during the import process in ME3 right? I don't have a save with all the DLC's done so I'm just going to download one from me2saves

yep

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Let me ask you all this: as someone who is perfectly fine with unhappy or bittersweet endings as long as they are consistent with the work, will I enjoy the ending of Mass Effect the Third?

I think the answer may depend on what you want from the Mass Effect series beyond three.

• Options
    edited March 2012

yep

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »

I think the answer may depend on what you want from the Mass Effect series beyond three.

Honestly? It's a rich damn universe, but I would not be adverse to having just the trilogy.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Well, I beat ME2, got to level 30, beat LotSB, and beat Arrival for the first time. Fuck Arrival. No seriously. FUCK ARRIVAL.

"Oh hey, it's the final DLC, so how are we gonna wrap this thing up in an awesome way?"

"Hey, here's an idea, let's make the player be forced to use only Shepard against hordes of enemies throughout the entire add-on!"

"GREAT IDEA!"

Me: "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! WHY DID I HAVE TO PLAY ON A HIGHER DIFFICULTY, FUCK!"

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, there is no difficulty achievement for Arrival. It just involves completing it, doing the first part sneaky, and lasting through all the waves. You can play it on casual if you want.

Unless you just want the challenge.

• Options
    Well, I beat ME2, got to level 30, beat LotSB, and beat Arrival for the first time. Fuck Arrival. No seriously. FUCK ARRIVAL.

"Oh hey, it's the final DLC, so how are we gonna wrap this thing up in an awesome way?"

"Hey, here's an idea, let's make the player be forced to use only Shepard against hordes of enemies throughout the entire add-on!"

"GREAT IDEA!"

Me: "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! WHY DID I HAVE TO PLAY ON A HIGHER DIFFICULTY, FUCK!"

It also shows how much of a one woman army Shepard is. She can blitz the entire base single handedly!

• Options

"GREAT IDEA!"

you're only upset because you're not playing vanguard. :P

RxI0N.png
  • Options

"GREAT IDEA!"

You mean: "Biotic Charge! Oh hey wait, why did I die in 2 seconds?"

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options

"GREAT IDEA!"

Only if you're doing it wrong. :D

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

"GREAT IDEA!"

Only if you're doing it wrong. :D

Really? Because I've been told that I'm supposed to do it in their face. But if I do that, I generally get bullet raped. The whole "When and when not to use Biotic Charge" thing is the only thing I can't stand about Vanguards. Biotic Charge is awesome, but man it leaves you SO OPEN for punishment.

The introduction to Nova in ME3 is what's changing my mind about them. I mean, if I'm charging into the line of fire to get surrounded the next second, I might as well get rid of that soon to be useless barrier for a powerful attack for an extra survival chance, right?

Well, Vanguards do have Pull and Shockwave, so that's two other things to love about them. Oh yeah, and Incendiary Ammo.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options

...I just don't know where to start.

• Options
    You start here:

Real men play Infiltrator.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    This doesn't really have anything to do with Mass Effect other than coming from one of the writers, but
    Mac Walters ‏ @macwalterslives
    Not lookin so smart now! RT "@UberFacts: Dolphin's nipples located in anus. Calf sticks bill into hole & mother squirts milk into its mouth"

I read this at first as "Dolph Lundgren's nipples located in anus" and it was very nearly one of the weirdest moments in my life.

Also I noticed one of my three canon runs hadn't actually finished the ME2 run, since I had spiraled off and made a bunch of fresh ME2 characters of different classes. Wrapping the last bits up in a hurry, I took the non-red text renegade option at the end of Jack's loyalty mission for the first time and that was pretty good, yeah. Same result as red text just in a cooler way.

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.