Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Beat it. Liked it. Ending wasn't bad. It wasn't the greatest ending of all time, but it wasn't a bad ending. I could see how some people would be SUPER ANGRY GRRRR.

Spoilers, obvi.
    Chose synthesis. Seemed like the right thing to do, and the game was definitely pushing at you to do that what with the whole "Anderson would have done this, TIM would have done this" thingy. Seemed the most peaceful and the actual salvation of the galaxy instead of delaying the problem

Blowing them up is the ending where you live right? If you have enough assets and what not.

I don't see how they can sequel this. The various endings seem different enough. I guess you could kind of neutral them out and not talk about it after a few hundred/thousand years where it becomes a legend. You can kind of gloss over the three endings if you say Shepard took the Reapers way away, everyone is biological/synthetic so there's no point in mentioning it, no Reapers no point in mentioning it. Seeeeems like a copout though.

Unless. This is Battlestar Galactica right? The Normandy lands on the planet that was the Earth the Final Five lived on. So bam, there's your sequel.

• Options
    Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    Release day here in Australia and IM PLAYING :)

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That happens a lot more in the beginning than later on. Don't worry.

That's good to hear but I have another concern...

How often does the game all the sudden pop up invisible walls causing both my travel and my powers not to be usable on certain mobs. Cause early or not, that's incredibly annoying.

Edit: Sigh, It's just plot armor all up ins.

Decoy on
  • Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, quick question regarding the whole stupid Galaxy Readiness thing that's had me paranoid about doing side-shit.

Is there a 'time lock' on side missions? Like, if I go too long without doing them, will they disappear, or will things be harder or something if I wait? I wanna do as many as I can but it seems like more places get Reaper-fied faster, and I don't know how that affects things...

Also
    Goddamn why so much focus on ONE FUCKING KID GODDAMN I mean I know it was all meaningful and ominous and deep and shit that he says "you can't help me" and then symbolically dies minutes later but CHRIST SHEP

BebopSamurai on
    Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So, quick question regarding the whole stupid Galaxy Readiness thing that's had me paranoid about doing side-shit.

Is there a 'time lock' on side missions? Like, if I go too long without doing them, will they disappear, or will things be harder or something if I wait? I wanna do as many as I can but it seems like more places get Reaper-fied faster, and I don't know how that affects things...

I don't know about the things getting Reaper-fied, but I know that after certain Priority missions, side quests get locked out.

• Options

Also
    Goddamn why so much focus on ONE FUCKING KID GODDAMN I mean I know it was all meaningful and ominous and deep and shit that he says "you can't help me" and then symbolically dies minutes later but CHRIST SHEP

You better get used to that fucking kid.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    CE get! Installing now.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I preordered this on Amazon, why the shit is it asking for an online pass all of a sudden. Where do I get that?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    So is anyone waiting for the PC version to be released outside of Origin, or is that just a pipe dream? I haven't kept up with much of the press for the release, and have heard mumblings of PC versions not being able to access multiplayer and DLC?

I was kind of opposed to getting the game right away, but then I remembered that I could be playing it right now.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Umbry wrote: »
    Tuchanka spoilers
    MORDIN NOOOOOOO!!!!! What a badass, singing whilst a tower is burning around him :(

Tell me about it.

Big. Sloppy. Baby tears.
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of
    :cry:

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    How the fuck are you guys beating this game so fast? I put in two marathon sessions and I just finished the second big Citadel mission.

Any tips on deaing with Banshees as a Sentinel? They're goddamn rape machines.

This game has also genuinely choked me up at times. And in the strangest ways.
    Like, Liara talking to Shepard about leaving his personal thoughts into the 'black box' for the next cycle in case they fail. The music and the sense of dread and legacy were incredible.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote: »
    Umbry wrote: »
    Tuchanka spoilers
    MORDIN NOOOOOOO!!!!! What a badass, singing whilst a tower is burning around him :(

Tell me about it.

Big. Sloppy. Baby tears.
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of
    :cry:
    What's worse is that it was in past tense!

I was the very model of a scientist Salarian...

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Oh man. Garrus on the Citadel spoilers.
    "I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite spot on the Citidel!"

Target practice with Garrus. What a fantastic bro moment. I love this game.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular
    I will say, while still pondering my feelings on the ending.

I do really love what they've done with npc's. Previous games they were basically just convo nodes. You check in after every major mission or so, go off and do whatever else needs doing. In this though..

They feel like actual people. They talk to each other, they like... go out onto the citadel. Invite me out for whatever. I really love it.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    How the fuck are you guys beating this game so fast? I put in two marathon sessions and I just finished the second big Citadel mission.

Any tips on deaing with Banshees as a Sentinel? They're goddamn rape machines.

This game has also genuinely choked me up at times. And in the strangest ways.
    Like, Liara talking to Shepard about leaving his personal thoughts into the 'black box' for the next cycle in case they fail. The music and the sense of dread and legacy were incredible.

Unlocked it 10 am Monday. One class monday night, classes yesterday, nothing today. All done!

I feel kind of bummed out now. I don't think it has to do with the ending, it's just...it's done. The other two games were like "I can't fucking wait to see what happens next."

Now there's no next. It's done. The Tale of Shepard is over. That sucks =/

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    So, some questions of various importance:

(All of these spoilers are around or before Priority:Citadel)

(Uh, I mean, the second one, post-Tuchanka)

Citadel side mission spoilers:
    So, there's supposed to be a side mission on the Citadel involving Kasumi and the Hanar? The name of the NPC showed up on my map but I didn't get an email and couldn't find him anywhere. Now, after the Cerberus attack, his name no longer appears. Does this mission show up later or am I fucked?

General Citadel side mission spoilers:
    After the Cerberus attack, a whole bunch of the "collect this thing for this NPC" side missions I picked up on the Citadel during earlier visits are greyed out. Does this mean they're now impossible to complete?

Where On The Citadel Is (Returning Minor ME2 Character)? spoiler:
    So yeah, where is Kelly? And is she only there before Cerberus show up?

The answers to some or all of these questions may involve me restarting my entire game, or having to replay almost all of it. Whee.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    So is anyone waiting for the PC version to be released outside of Origin, or is that just a pipe dream? I haven't kept up with much of the press for the release, and have heard mumblings of PC versions not being able to access multiplayer and DLC?

I was kind of opposed to getting the game right away, but then I remembered that I could be playing it right now.

Mass Effect 3 will never be available on anything other than Origin. Time to either make your peace with that and enjoy the game, or move on and maybe catch a Let's Play of it later to see what happens.

I'm sure there have been hiccups with the DLC, but AFAIK the multiplayer has been mostly functional since the game's official launch.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    AHAHAHAHAHA. Right before the (presumably) final mission, talking to crew:
    GARRUS AND TALI WERE MAKING OUT IN THE GUN ROOM

That's truly hilarious.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Thoughts on new vanguard. Or at least how I've been playing one.

Shotgun to the face = Old and Busted
    Falcon Punch to the chest = The New Hotness

So far I've Been using a lightweight shotgun and a pistol. Using them to mop up whatever hasn't died from my almighty fist before Nova-ing any survivors and charging away. I respec'd all my points that carried over from the last game soon as I was able to to specialize myself. New shockwave isn't bad mind you, but it wasn't good for my playstyle. I did keep pull handy. The cooldown is low enough with my setup that I'm able to toss the pull projectile and immediately follow with a charge to set up a biotic explosion->FALCON PUNCH->Shotgun->Nova->charge to replenish my barrier.

I've basically become a wailing banshee made of fists

Can this tactic stay viable the entire game?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Now to finish Suicide mission and Arrival

• Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    Major relationship spoilers
    Garrus and Tali make such a cute couple. I was totally caught unaware by them when I walked in on them kissing.

• Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Unlocked it 10 am Monday. One class monday night, classes yesterday, nothing today. All done!

I feel kind of bummed out now. I don't think it has to do with the ending, it's just...it's done. The other two games were like "I can't fucking wait to see what happens next."

The Tale of Shepard is over sure... but lets be honest, there's another ME in the works as we speak. The devs have already essentially said ME4 is gonna happen, it's just not officially announced yet.I doubt they'll launch into another trilogy right away, but I imagine it's only a matter of time.

I love Shepard, I love his/her story, but there's so much more to see in the ME universe and I am extremely excited to see what's next down the line.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    LavaKnight wrote: »

Mass Effect 3 will never be available on anything other than Origin. Time to either make your peace with that and enjoy the game, or move on and maybe catch a Let's Play of it later to see what happens.

I'm sure there have been hiccups with the DLC, but AFAIK the multiplayer has been mostly functional since the game's official launch.

You heartbreaker you.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Wishpig wrote: »

The Tale of Shepard is over sure... but lets be honest, there's another ME in the works as we speak. The devs have already essentially said ME4 is gonna happen, it's just not officially announced yet.I doubt they'll launch into another trilogy right away, but I imagine it's only a matter of time.

I love Shepard, I love his/her story, but there's so much more to see in the ME universe and I am extremely excited to see what's next down the line.

wait

what

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    [/quote]
    Inter_d wrote: »
    Major relationship spoilers
    Garrus and Tali make such a cute couple. I was totally caught unaware by them when I walked in on them kissing.

Yeah. I'm glad Bioware gave characters lives outside of their relations to you. Makes the world feel bigger.

• Options
    Wishpig wrote: »

These are endgame spoilers so...
    Yeah, there's probably more ME there, but if it's a sequel it will be so crazy and alien that it's basically a new franchise. Which is okay, as I've said before, I like taking a break from a franchise and seeing what's going on much later in the future. It'll just be very different without a cast of characters I've come to like.

Well I guess maybe Liara could be around.

• Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Played some multi tonight. Next Shepard is definitely a vanguard.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    Alright, just got my copy. Now for the fun part- installing it and getting it to run without crashing. The first time I started up, it got to the "connecting to EA servers" and then crashed, and on future attempts wouldn't even start up at all. The official advice is to reinstall, so we'll soon see if that works or not.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Dear Quarians: (no actual info spoilered, just my feelings on what they're up to when you meet up with them)

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sneakman wrote: »
    I played this for 3.5 hours last night and so far I'm thoroughly impressed. Everything has been completely awesome: the graphics are smoother than ever, the music is amazing and very synthy, the controls are spot-on and the powers and loadouts are fun and flexible. The loading times are even shorted than they were in ME2. The atmosphere feels like the perfect melding of the first 2 games and I am absolutely loving it.

I think my favorite change is the removal of the holstering animation, which has freed up the Back button for Quick Saves. It is so awesome to finally have quick save capability in a console game, I find myself using it all the time. I really don't miss putting my gun away in combat areas and this is a much more useful feature in my opinion.

i am so tired of console limitations dictating removal of features on a game that is on the PC. There is no good reason for the holstering not to be in the game except for stupid console limitations.

fuck consoles

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Yep, turns out Kai Leng was the god of trolling all right.

Character death spoilers:
    THANNNNNNNNE! :(

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sneakman wrote: »
    I played this for 3.5 hours last night and so far I'm thoroughly impressed. Everything has been completely awesome: the graphics are smoother than ever, the music is amazing and very synthy, the controls are spot-on and the powers and loadouts are fun and flexible. The loading times are even shorted than they were in ME2. The atmosphere feels like the perfect melding of the first 2 games and I am absolutely loving it.

I think my favorite change is the removal of the holstering animation, which has freed up the Back button for Quick Saves. It is so awesome to finally have quick save capability in a console game, I find myself using it all the time. I really don't miss putting my gun away in combat areas and this is a much more useful feature in my opinion.

Yea. I haven't been able to sit down and really play it a lot, but I've enjoyed what I have played. Gotta put in more hours before I can really say where it lands on my spectrum of likage. But I already find that I like ME3 way more than ME2. It really seems like a nice balance between the first and second games.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i am so tired of console limitations dictating removal of features on a game that is on the PC. There is no good reason for the holstering not to be in the game except for stupid console limitations.

fuck consoles

lol... oh man.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    actually, no, consoles are okay.

what needs to die in a fire is this attitude that you have to port the exact game from a console to a PC. There's no reason why they could not simply add the holster feature back in for PC versions.
    PCs are more capable than consoles and they should be treated as such.

This is the same reason why I have my Cover key bound to Shift and E, so that I can hit E for Use (LIKE EVERY OTHER FPS ON THE PC EVER) and Shift for sprinting and cover. Because consoles don't have enough buttons and so a bunch of totally unrelated features are cobbled together.

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Dear Quarians: (no actual info spoilered, just my feelings on what they're up to when you meet up with them)

My thoughts exactly. What a fucking mess.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yep, turns out Kai Leng was the god of trolling all right.

Character death spoilers:
    THANNNNNNNNE! :(

At least he...
    Went out like a complete badass

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I have a gameplay question.

Despite all the resources and alliances I've made (and my bar is 75% green), I'm still only at "50% galactic readiness", same as I was at the beginning of the game. What do I have to do to affect galactic readiness? Is multiplayer the only thing that affects that?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Remember years ago when we were making fun of Army of Two for allowing you to fist bump? Now people are requesting the feature.

The times they are a changin'.

If I had to rationalize it, I would say that in Army of Two you are going around killing all kinds of pretend real people. In ME3 you are going around killing all kinds of pretend robots/mindless mutated horrors. So that makes it "ok".

I actually never had a problem with it considering that Army of Two is a wanton violence glorification vehicle where killing tons of pretend real people allows you to buy a blinged up gun for killing yet more pretend real people with already. But all that's neither here nor there.

But let's face it, in one conversation
    the paragon interrupt is basically this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew#t=9s
    I feel unfulfilled not being able to do such things in multiplayer!

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I have a gameplay question.

Despite all the resources and alliances I've made (and my bar is 75% green), I'm still only at "50% galactic readiness", same as I was at the beginning of the game. What do I have to do to affect galactic readiness? Is multiplayer the only thing that affects that?

Yes.

There's a another number labelled "Effective War Readiness" which is that green bar multiplied by your galactic readiness - so at 50% it's half the total war resource points you've collected. Raising the readiness percentage increases it (so at 100% readiness you'd have all your points counting). Winning one multiplayer match raises it by about 5-9%, I think.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, the deaths in this game are handled super well. It fucking hurts man, but it's for the ultimate war. I like how they focus a lot more on Shepard's reaction to stuff than in previous games.

Banshee tips anyone? Anyone? I can drop their barriers fast with Overload, but once they get into that hyped up blue super sayain shit they kill me THROUGH full shields. They're kinda the one enemy in the game that I think are total bullshit. Even brutes and Atlas are fair.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I melee'd brutes to death on my VanGod. Feels good man.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
This discussion has been closed.