Options

Is this your [chat]?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I saw a commercial for Portlandia once

that was enough. It was like every joke about alternative comedy and hipsters rolled into one

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i had a very interesting conversation with Boulez's English agent once about him once

the man surrounds himself with sycophants and never talks to people who dont think he is the dogs bollocks, which is really quite funny

how have you had all these life experiences, crab

are you 381

are you.. a vampire

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i had a very interesting conversation with Boulez's English agent once about him once

the man surrounds himself with sycophants and never talks to people who dont think he is the dogs bollocks, which is really quite funny

well, I mean, he did have near paramilitary art army at one point to cause riots at shows

so

generally you want sycophants for that

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

that was enough. It was like every joke about alternative comedy and hipsters rolled into one

Real Portland isn't that bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I was talking purely about the show. I know no city is like any portrayal on tv

• Options
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Speaking of Portland, @Arch is visiting and wanted to know if I could meet up with him and his fellow conference-goers tomorrow, but I haven't heard back from him regarding his schedule.
    Arch is visiting Portland before he's visited Seattle? :bz

That is an angry bee.

• Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    Grats DrArch!

ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    portland is better than Seattle for many reasons!!

• Options

I was talking purely about the show. I know no city is like any portrayal on tv

My phrasing was intentional. Portland isn't that bad. But it can still be hella annoying at times.
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Speaking of Portland, @Arch is visiting and wanted to know if I could meet up with him and his fellow conference-goers tomorrow, but I haven't heard back from him regarding his schedule.
    Arch is visiting Portland before he's visited Seattle? :bz

That is an angry bee.

If I were to wager a guess, I'm thinking his department paid for the trip.

• Options
    Legend of Grimrock looks awesome.

• Options
    Gratzie everyone.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

powells, for one

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

powells, for one

no thanatoses, too

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Evening folks.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

powells, for one

the combined U-District can rival powells. You have the UW bookstore for new stuff as well as Magus and one of the larger Half Price books locations around for used.

And of course the best cheap eats can be had on the ave while walking between them.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    surreality

how is life in airstrip one

• Options

powells, for one

the combined U-District can rival powells. You have the UW bookstore for new stuff as well as Magus and one of the larger Half Price books locations around for used.

And of course the best cheap eats can be had on the ave while walking between them.
    I've never gone to the U district when I've been in Seattle. Should try it out next time

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    boy i'm pooped

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

powells, for one

I've never gone to the U district when I've been in Seattle. Should try it out next time
    It's a schlep from downtown, but the eats there are pretty killer and hella cheap.

• Options

powells, for one

It is good in all the ways that the area right around the convention center (and therefore PAX) is bad.

The best cheap deliciousness that every corner of the globe can offer. And the one vital criteria for Civilization that Caimbridge lacked when I visted: the ability to get a gryo at 2 AM on a weeknight.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I want a cupcake real bad right about now

• Options
    also when visiting Seattle (especially with kids) I can recomend the woodland park zoo + a trip to Red Mill burgers (which is nearby).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So It Goes wrote: »

Bioware got 400 of them today

Ludious on
  • Options

powells, for one

It is good in all the ways that the area right around the convention center (and therefore PAX) is bad.

The best cheap deliciousness that every corner of the globe can offer. And the one vital criteria for Civilization that Caimbridge lacked when I visted: the ability to get a gryo at 2 AM on a weeknight.

is that up where Ada's Tech Books is located? I was trying to figure out how to get there last year

• Options
    edited March 2012

mmmmm....cupcakes.....I think I have some red velvet cake in the freezer, maybe I'll get it out.

DoctorArch on
  • Options

powells, for one

is that up where Ada's Tech Books is located? I was trying to figure out how to get there last year

I believe that is up on Capitol Hill (east accross I5 from downtown). The U District is north of there accross the narrow part of Lake Union.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

powells, for one

I believe that is up on Capitol Hill (east accross I5 from downtown). The U District is north of there accross the narrow part of Lake Union.
    Ah ok.

• Options
    this page 2 bug thing is really bumming me out

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I hate when a tv show has gone south but you feel like you have to keep watching it anyway.

(I just watched the latest Doctor Who Christmas special. Gah. Do you want some schmaltz with your schmaltz?)

• Options
    I can't remember, do people dress up in costume at all at PAX East? My lady wanted to, but I can't remember if it's a thing or not.

ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I hate when a tv show has gone south but you feel like you have to keep watching it anyway.

(I just watched the latest Doctor Who Christmas special. Gah. Do you want some schmaltz with your schmaltz?)

What does the first sentence have to do with the second sentence?

The Christmas specials are never that good by and large.

• Options
    I can't remember, do people dress up in costume at all at PAX East? My lady wanted to, but I can't remember if it's a thing or not.

yep!

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Without schmaltz, it just wouldn't be Christmas.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Man I hate that, I did it with the last couple seasons of 24

• Options

yep!

Yessssssss. She's already decided she won't let anyone take pictures unless they can guess who she is. it's kind of an obscure (but cool and retro-y) reference

ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    the day I utter "my lady wanted to cosplay"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Well I wasn't a big fan of seasons 4-6, either.

• Options

Well I wasn't a big fan of seasons 4-6, either.

oh it's just you then

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    the day I utter "my lady wanted to cosplay"

psh whatever I bet you'd like it if your girlfriend dressed up as a giant synth or Kant or whatnot

ezek1t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.