As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this your [chat]?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good morning. Today i have to go see a dude who will put a drill in my mouth because my teeth are retarded. i am very stressed about that because my brain is also retarded.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    how do you feel about anaestethic when doing dental work, 21st

I'm ready to swear it off forever as the last time it was an ever bigger pain in the arse than it usually is - shot hit me in just the right spot (or the wrong spot, depending on how you look at it) so it ached for like two days afterwards.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I'm ready to swear it off forever as the last time it was an ever bigger pain in the arse than it usually is - shot hit me in just the right spot (or the wrong spot, depending on how you look at it) so it ached for like two days afterwards.

Never had problems with it myself...

Edit: Fuck, your story is really really stressing me out... Oh my god... what if that happens to me, fuuuuck.

21stCentury on
  • Options

Edit: Fuck, your story is really really stressing me out... Oh my god... what if that happens to me, fuuuuck.

If that happens then... then your jaw is going to ache a little and annoy you for a couple of days and that's it.

Ain't a thing. Just annoying.

'Course I may be cursed. Anaestethic almost never works for me.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mostly I just hate the feeling afterwards. Without it may hurt more but it's over the second it's over.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bollocks, I just sent an email from my personal rather than professional account.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bollocks, I just sent an email from my personal rather than professional account.

I have done this so many times...

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

Then it hurts for a while.

/shrug

Fuck dentists, though. :<

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »

I have done this so many times...
    A good Google Labs thing would be some kind of context sensitive warning if you seem to be using the wrong account. Especially now that google have accepted people having multiple accounts.

Oh well, it was just a punt at a flat. The Cambridge gumtree is super sparse. I suppose that is just how they roll in tiny places like that though.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    I've been called up for jury duty.

I'm unironicaly jelly.

Always seemed like it'd be interesting, and is you know, a fundamental cornerstone of our justice system.

I love it in the states. i updated the address on my driver's license and registered to vote, partly in the hopes that i'd get called up.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Cambridge's market for flats must be really odd. The rooms in college are ridiculously underpriced.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Cambridge's market for flats must be really odd. The rooms in college are ridiculously underpriced.

It's mostly very ugly (and bizarrely single bedroom) houses.

Surely the college rooms are only for first year students, so the rest must be out there hunting?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Aldo wrote: »

/shrug

My uncle, my cousin and his wife are all dentists. Watch your mouth or it might get a slap!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

/shrug

My uncle, my cousin and his wife are all dentists. Watch your mouth or it might get a slap!

You refer to them as though you believe dentists are people. As though they are human beings capable of empathizing with the pain of another.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    ugh i only slept a couple of hours and i feel like garbarge

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »

It's mostly very ugly (and bizarrely single bedroom) houses.

Surely the college rooms are only for first year students, so the rest must be out there hunting?

I don't know. My mates were in rooms for all three years. No idea if that's the norm.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    F1Nkk.jpg

This is one of my favourite sources of anger: The purposeful proliferation of smoking via Hollywood film. Also diamonds.

• Options

Sleep is for the weak! Join my undead army of too-hot-to-sleep-properly!

• Options
    TRIPLE POSTING FOR GLORY.

Also dentists aren't that bad, I had 3 really deep fillings (didn't get my teeth looked at for years) and it really didn't hurt that much

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Shut up smoking is awesome.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    STOP TALKING IN THE DAMN CLASS.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    STOP TALKING IN THE DAMN CLASS.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I stayed up too late catching up on TUF. staying up too late for me counts as going like 40 minutes past my bed time. my brain is such a babby.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I am not a fan of novacaine.

Laughing gas, on the other hand...

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I fell asleep super early yesterday and woke up way earlier than I should have, end result being not enough sleep anyway!

Oh well, gonna have a nice breakfast at least.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    You're not in New York Choco!

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    "smoking is not cool"

*shows pictures of cool people smoking and being cool*

That might be the most weaksauce anti-smoking ad I've seen since I saw this one, which was created by a tobacco company (because they were legally required to):
    QWVYx.jpg

wandering on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Smoking is pretty terrible. I make it my goal to shame people I know who do it. I've gotten 2 people to quit so far. I'm doing the good work.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    "smoking is not cool"

*shows pictures of cool people smoking and being cool*

That might be the most weaksauce anti-smoking ad I've seen since I saw this one, which was created by a tobacco company (because they were legally required to):
    QWVYx.jpg

Wow, this smoking thing looks pretty cool, maybe i should start smoking!

(Seriously, the only way you'll have effective messages that smoking is bad is with graphic pictures of diseases.)

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Huh...co-worker came back from a trip to Cuba and bought cigars for everybody. Not sure how good they are but hey...free cigar.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Huh...co-worker came back from a trip to Cuba and bought cigars for everybody. Not sure how good they are but hey...free cigar.

Cuban cigars? Should be awesome. Unless your coworker is stupid and bought them from a guy on the street who could give him a discount because his brother's neighbour's cousin works in the factory so he gets them super cheap but they're legit my friend, would I lie to you?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    You're not in New York Choco!

Well sure I'm not but Owl Costanza is

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

Cuban cigars? Should be awesome. Unless your coworker is stupid and bought them from a guy on the street who could give him a discount because his brother's neighbour's cousin works in the factory so he gets them super cheap but they're legit my friend, would I lie to you?

She said that she bought it at a store. I'm trusting she's not that much of an idiot. Still, if I wind up smoking this at some point and start to vomit I'll know where to leave my garbage can. :)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

From what I've seen they tend to be rolled super duper tight which I dislike, very good otherwise, but I'm not a huge cigar fan to begin with so they don't do much for me. When they're super tight like that they're harder to actually smoke and if you get to overzealous you'll end up puking black, which is quite unpleasant.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Hrmm, I can get one new video game... Not sure which to get, Hrmmm.

I could get Xenoblade, that game looks fun, and it'd give me a reason to use my Wii which I haven't touched in so long...
    I wanna try one of those game like Dynasty Warriors and that Sengoku Basara game looked fun.
    There's a few games on Steam that looked fun, too, like Dustforce, Shogun 2: Total War, Fortune Summoners...
    Course, i just finished Mass Effect, so i could get Mass Effect 2 right now instead of wait for a sale.
    And there's games on the PS2 and GCN I still haven't played that looked fun, I shouldn't wait too long to buy those, right?

Hrmmm, choices... so many choices...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    21st, just get an anesthetic. either norwegian dentists suck or abd has some weird nerve damage that dampens pain... or he is being machismo. dental work with anesthetic is painless. it is more discomfort from holding your mouth open wide than anything else. dental work without anesthetic can be incredibly painful, depending on the procedure. and normally anesthetic works perfectly fine. the only annoying thing about most injections is that your mouth stays numb for many hours.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    21st, just get an anesthetic. either norwegian dentists suck or abd has some weird nerve damage that dampens pain... or he is being machismo. dental work with anesthetic is painless. it is more discomfort from holding your mouth open wide than anything else. dental work without anesthetic can be incredibly painful, depending on the procedure. and normally anesthetic works perfectly fine. the only annoying thing about most injections is that your mouth stays numb for many hours.

Sometimes the aneasthetic just won't take. One of my back molars had that problem for some reason.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also abd is trying to trick you because he hates north americans.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ugh. Verizon. Limiting data plans on 3G Aircards to 5GB.

Those fucks

edit: Also. Ugh. Idiot in the field. Using 3G aircard in cradlepoint router despite having access to 4G aircard with higher data cap.

That fuck.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Haha, chu, really? You thought I'd actually opt out of anesthetic on a series of fillings because Abdhy told me a scary story?

I'm not a reactionary, but i'm scared it won't take now.

This discussion has been closed.