As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Our cat (foolishly) thinks the bathtub is safe, like it's her home base or something, and that I won't follow her waving my arms in the air saying "I AM MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU" if she's in there

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    My old childhood cat used to drink from the bathtub too.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    As far as ducklings and baby poultry go, you guys are all gonna hate me:

Our store sells baby chicks/ducklings/goslings/whatever you can juvenile turkeys, everyweek, by the hundreds, until June.

I am constantly holding the goslings and ducklings because they are the best and they start imprinting immediately and make the best noises.

My nephew's first grade class just got half a dozen baby chickens for learning about the life cycle and such

and I asked him what the chickens names were

and he was like "Fluffy and Princess and Baby and Fairy Princess and Feathers and Steve"

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I love giving animals people names

I was taking a shower today and my cat climbed up onto the edge of the tub and hung out with me, all mow mow and batting at the water and I spit some water at him and he made a waluigi sound he was just like

wughhh

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Where's the baby penguin store??
    026.JPG
    They're chicks of a variety called a Black Australorp, but I still call them my penguins.
    #pipe wrote: »
    As far as ducklings and baby poultry go, you guys are all gonna hate me:

Our store sells baby chicks/ducklings/goslings/whatever you can juvenile turkeys, everyweek, by the hundreds, until June.

I am constantly holding the goslings and ducklings because they are the best and they start imprinting immediately and make the best noises.

My nephew's first grade class just got half a dozen baby chickens for learning about the life cycle and such

and I asked him what the chickens names were

and he was like "Fluffy and Princess and Baby and Fairy Princess and Feathers and Steve"

Steve is clearly the best name for any chicken. Never mind the sexes.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    he made a waluigi sound he was just like

wughhh

ha ha ha probably the exact sound you're thinking of just instantly played in my mind

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    it's the sound he makes if he's mad at you or if he's hungry or if you stop petting him

he'll go wughh and try and bite you until you pet him again

• Options
  • Options
    yes that is what being friends with my cat is like

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shara tends to murfle at us a lot

Just mreeeow mrreow mrow a lot

• Options
    edited March 2012
    149274_456132383380_661718380_5475245_1992456_n.jpg

He's the little black one

he's like, 10+ years old

but never stopped being kitten sized

the other one has been that big since he was 10 months old

Depressperado on
  • Options
    I love my caaaatttsssss

love my ca cat

love my caaatttss

• Options
    Cats are dang adorable

I was getting a little resentful of our guinea pigs, as they are still as skittish as the day we got them so we don't really handle them much

And the space their cage takes up could be used for other things

But whatevs, I wanted to get 'em, I ain't gonna throw 'em out

At least they've got pretty easy lives!

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    My cat Henry was just like Cricket from Johnny Wander. He used to make chirping "mmmrr?" sounds and he realized that being sprayed with water was no big deal.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Mori, do you give them treats a lot? Mine associate me more and more with food when I give them bits of carrots or citrus or lettuce whenever I'm in the kitchen for long periods of time. They also seem to be more at ease if they get a place to run around (which is probably difficult with the cats though)

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Mori, do you give them treats a lot? Mine associate me more and more with food when I give them bits of carrots or citrus or lettuce whenever I'm in the kitchen for long periods of time. They also seem to be more at ease if they get a place to run around (which is probably difficult with the cats though)

We did that a lot in the beginning but after months and months of doing it they were still the same.

Honestly I think they might just be traumatized from when they were in PetSmart. I think if we had adopted they might have been a bit calmer. We honestly didn't know guinea pig adoption was a thing at the time!

Anyway I do mean to handle them more. It's just difficult when they run like you're trying to murder them.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Sugar has taken a strange liking to our bathtub. I came home this afternoon and she leapt out and acted really guilty

The first time I thought it was because I had forgotten to refill her water. Nope, they've got water. Sugar is just a weird cat.

Our cat's been doing this for at least a year and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVAyQ4DUkk

There's water in the bowl, faucet's not even dripping.

My parents' cat doesn't like drinking from her bowl, so she jumps up next to the sink and makes us turn on a trickle so she can drink running water

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Sugar has taken a strange liking to our bathtub. I came home this afternoon and she leapt out and acted really guilty

The first time I thought it was because I had forgotten to refill her water. Nope, they've got water. Sugar is just a weird cat.

My parents' cat doesn't like drinking from her bowl, so she jumps up next to the sink and makes us turn on a trickle so she can drink running water

Mine does this. I've managed to get her drinking from teacups that are left around the place though. I think it is something to do with tap water being "fresh mountain springwater" or something. Could be worse though, I know someone who had a cat that refused to drink anything but a specific bottled water.

cats

<3

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    My friend has a cat that refuses to drink water without at least two ice cubes in the bowl. If there isn't enough ice, or if she thinks you put in too many to mess with her, she'll sit at her bowl and meow really loud. If no one fixes it after a few minutes she'll go look for someone and resume meowing right at them and follow them around till the ice is taken care of.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    My dog prefers to drink while you're pouring water into his dish or from a trickle out of the tap outside where we attach the hose.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    my cat is always waiting at the door for me when I get home

then she just plops down on the rug and waits for me to pet her

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Mine does that, too! She's almost doglike sometimes.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    We had a cat when I was growing up that would wait at the front door until we got home and once you'd let him in he'd wander around the house meowing for a couple of minutes

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    Shara will often come running to greet me when I come home from work at night

it's pretty sweet

she's often been sleeping, you can tell because her fur's all ruffled :3

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Mine does this. I've managed to get her drinking from teacups that are left around the place though. I think it is something to do with tap water being "fresh mountain springwater" or something. Could be worse though, I know someone who had a cat that refused to drink anything but a specific bottled water.

cats

<3

This was my/our first cat, Sydney. Running sink water was mandatory.

catinsink.jpg

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    You have to remember, dogs in general are social/pack animals. Once you provide them with fresh water in some kind of consistent pattern, they're cool with it. They know that their pack leaders know where the fresh water is and that it will be available for them. They might like the running or trickling water when they can get it, but that's an instinct to seek moving water. Usually moving water is cleaner and less likely to contain disease causing bacteria or parasites.

Cats however are far more independent hunters. While they can work in social groups, it's not a big deal to them to go solo. Finding multiple sources of fresh water in case one of them later becomes unavailable is just a survival technique for when their human captors are no longer around. They appreciate (in their own little kitty way) us giving them water, but by no means do they thank you for it or feel they need you to supply it thank you very much.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My parent's cat Cat drinks only out of the running faucet in the tub. His favorite place to sleep is curled up in the bathroom sink. Going to the bathroom there after a certain of night can be very interesting.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    We have a water bowl that keeps water flowing, and our cat seems to like that pretty well.

This one, actually:

p12307451.jpg

• Options
    I'd like to get one of those, yeah.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Cats: drink only the finest, freshest water, extremely picky

Dogs: will drink the most diseased stagnant parasite infested puddle water if given half a chance

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Cats know that a tiara is a state of mind. My mom's cat will only eat the best sashimi and turn his nose up at anything less.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

I'll take ten.
    thousand

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    New puppy smell!

This is Nancy, wearing a blue collar. She is a small-sized Labradoodle, who will be joining us in 3 weeks or so.

nancycropped.jpg

Also pictured: Breeders' paws.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aiee the black footed cats are adorable!

And labradoodles! A fine choice of breed, @Snicketysnick

• Options
    She looks like she is going to be properly scruffy looking when she grows into her coat, which will be aces. We've already got a rather elderly Boxer (12!) to keep her company so hopefully they will be good friends.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »

I'll take ten.
    thousand
    217531714_jZNVe-L-2.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh dear, apparently my cat threw up at home. She did this on Tuesday as well. :(

• Options
    HammerHorrorHammerHorror Registered User regular
    Cheeto likes to give out a little trill before he enters a room. Apparently he feels he's important enough to herald his arrival.

He's also taken to give little squeaking meows at any ceiling fan that is slowing down to a stop. Little weirdo :)

This discussion has been closed.