As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That's so cute

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i used to work at ikea

there were no cats there ever

broken image link
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Ugh, our cats, specifically one I think that used to be the good cat, are suddenly so much worse after we moved apartments, though there were no problems the first two weeks.

There's only slightly more general mischief, but we have more litter(and a few balls of crap) being violently strewn across the floor, and two cases in two days of a cat flat out peeing entirely outside the box on the floor in front of it.

The litter is now in a cupboard underneath the bathroom sink, but that was never a problem at the apartment before this, and I think if a cat had an infection, it'd be a lack of peeing? We'll be waiting and watching, but I'm concerned about a trend here.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Has everyone seen this?

http://www.mangareader.net/ito-junjis-cat-diary

It's pretty hilarious if you've read Ito's other horror manga.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Ugh, our cats, specifically one I think that used to be the good cat, are suddenly so much worse after we moved apartments, though there were no problems the first two weeks.

There's only slightly more general mischief, but we have more litter(and a few balls of crap) being violently strewn across the floor, and two cases in two days of a cat flat out peeing entirely outside the box on the floor in front of it.

The litter is now in a cupboard underneath the bathroom sink, but that was never a problem at the apartment before this, and I think if a cat had an infection, it'd be a lack of peeing? We'll be waiting and watching, but I'm concerned about a trend here.

When my girlfriend (now wife) had her cat move in with us, I got one of those self-raking automatic litterboxes. The cat was still pretty new to the apartment, and just wasn't feeling it. She got to the point where she'd peeanywhere but the box.

I swithed to a regular box,.and thingd kond of smoothed out.
    I suspect it's a stress/fear reaction. Othrr than maybe putting the litterbox where thye want to pee and poop, all I can suggest is being patient. And but a lot of Nature's Miracle

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yeah, litterbox issues on this end have been caused by one of several things:

* Kitty had issues with crystals in his urine (corrected with a change in kibble)
    * Kitty had issues with a move to a new location (corrected . . . well, with time, basically)
    * Kitty had returned to the same pee spot and hit it again

The last one was a pain in the ass for over a year and we suspected the downstairs carpet pad had previous-owner pet smells/stains in there that were triggering things. This was confirmed when we pulled up the carpet and pad a few years ago (stains. stains EVERYwhere.) to drop in cheap IKEA flooring. Since the switch, he's never screwed up downstairs again.

The other cat has never done anything outside the litter box in his life. He just as the problem of never covering anything. Or rather that he tries a few cursory swipes and then bails.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh, I forgot. Sometimes Numchucks likes to help him while he's working.
    http://yfrog.com/5kf13z

d'awwwwwwwwwwwww

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    A mascot in a cat costume should come in and kick that dog mascot in the nuts for messing with his pal

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    caoZv.jpg

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Oh my god

yes

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Fucking chipmunk

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    cats nap in odd positions

photo13.jpg

• Options
    You know, I've mentioned them enough but I've never shared photos of my cats. Unfortunately there aren't many because no one in my family takes personal photos (Ironically or aptly, my brother is a professional photographer) of ourselves or whatever. Anyway, that reminds me of two photos I did take of Missy, our last cat, with my phone before she woke up and wandered off.

2gwvmur.jpg

2ik2u5k.jpg

As for inspirational stories go, I just read this on Facebook.
    My little Pebbles disappeared around November last year. I think she was pregnant and the other females may have chased her off. She is a little survivor, and I know she is okay, but it's been about four months ........ and when I opened the front door this morning ....... there was her little face looking up at me through the door!! Welcome home, Pebbles!!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    r87XM.jpg

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    well that sure is a funny looking bear

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Giant mop attacks woman, news at 11.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    rasta dog

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    is that the muppets

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Guys my girlfriend has best pets.

Z2OGT.jpg

Y1nC3.jpg

S1JFZ.jpg

EsUaV.jpg

8dPbm.jpg

Vorgz.jpg

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    frQL4.jpg

He likes eating the box

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Hahaha, her dog makes the best faces.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I've posted it before but I'm gonna go ahead and do it again anyway because YUP
    Ipkjf.jpg

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Artreus wrote: »
    8dPbm.jpg
    Cat: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Dog nods

Both: "Road trip."

Couple more photos of Missy. I'm sorry for the quality. They're from the prehistoric days of phone cameras (2004).

6879446010_247a182cbb.jpg

7025546191_f19b874af4.jpg

7025546119_4c6d51299d.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aww man I wanna scratch that dog behind his ears and tell him he's a good boy

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I've posted it before but I'm gonna go ahead and do it again anyway because YUP
    Ipkjf.jpg

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Vorgz.jpg

bro I know

• Options
    when we break up I am stealing Lucy.

It is just going to happen. She is the funnest dog ever

• Options
    Guys look what I found.

I'm super super bummed because these shots suck on account of I could not find a good place to shoot from because they were behind some stuff and I could not get to them. I saw them two days previously but did not have my camera with me and thus could not get any really good pics of them. Got a few from earlier with my phone but not the best.

Anyway.

Duckies

NyBBA.jpg

dqCkB.jpg

01ftf.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dohohoho little duckies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Guys one of them was yawning in that one picture

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot. Sometimes Numchucks likes to help him while he's working.
    http://yfrog.com/5kf13z

ha ha ha reminds me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExZ0i04pSeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceyo0_k9AEw

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh

Duckies

My one one of my many weaknesses

• Options
    Duckies

NyBBA.jpg

dqCkB.jpg

01ftf.jpg

Baby birds are so fun to watch.

When I was a teen I spent a couple summers largely in the park across the street, Mile Square Park specifically. It had a pond built in, and there were always lots of geese and ducks. But it was only in the summer time when Egyptian Geese would roll in. They'd start up a family, and after the summer when the goslings were grown up, they'd head out. I would watch them for hours, sometimes.

Egyptian geese are really beautiful, too.

800px-Alopochen_aegyptiacus_-GaiaPark_Kerkrade_Zoo-8a.jpg

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Ducklings! Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I am totally freaking out and emitting high-pitched noises over here.

Itty bitty duckies!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Also, a funny thing I noticed about Egyptian geese in particular, is how the mother leads the babies around.

She does a very rhythmic honk that doesn't really sound like other geese. And she only does it when she's walking, to make sure they know to follow her. As soon as she stays put and becomes quiet, the babies know it's okay to take a breath and munch on grass.

One time, just for fun, I tried imitating the mom's honk. The babies all immediately jumped to attention. It was adorable.

Goatmon on

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    yo I propose a throwdown

your ducklings versus my bunlets

thunderdome cuddle rules apply

This discussion has been closed.